Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I got about 20 shiny Turtwigs today, but the real winner was the 9th shiny Swablu. I'm really very good at finding shinies I already have several of and don't want anymore, instead of finding shinies I don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Big McHuge posted:

Last week and this week Alolan eggs can have the gen 1 regionals with a chance for shiny.

Froist posted:

Right now (until today/tomorrow, depending on your time zone) you can get shiny gen 1 regionals from those eggs. And the contents are decided when you receive the gift, not when it hatches.

Also the egg pool in general has expanded, so it’s not just Alolans in the 7km eggs any more.

Edit: wow, beaten twice in two minutes.

Oh my :o

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The Gen 1 regionals are around until next Monday, so keep hatching, stardust and disappointment await!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

LingcodKilla posted:

How are you guys catching so many shinys. I walked for 2 hours and 15 minutes constantly catching stuff and I got 0. Amazing.

Part of it is "not catching everything, just checking everything that could be shiny and running from anything that isn't"

If you mean for community day itself, I just load tf up on pokeballs, run the gotchas, and just walk around the local high-density area, occasionally stopping to prune and use stardust/incense if it's a stardust multiplier day. Usually end up with anywhere between 5-10 shinies per account that's doing it.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
If you fast catch you’ll get a bunch more as well.

https://youtu.be/s-WISx3S7zw

Basically click and hold on item select, and drag your finger off it. Then throw the poke ball with another finger while keeping the first held down. Once the ball hits the Pokémon, stop holding down and click anywhere and the escape button will pop up and let you run. Saves like 10 seconds on each catch.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, I think today is officially Unova Pokémon Day, so come up with a really good Unova pun for the next thread.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I know we’re going to get into the pronunciation argument soon so let me just muddy the water real quick:

Pokémon GO: These Pokémon are Unova kind!

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Pokémon GO: ITT you must Bisharp or else Golurk

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Do Unova pun?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Unova! Dos! Tres! Kangaskahn!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Pokemon GO: Ask not for whom the yamasks, it masks for ya

Pokemon GO: All I swanna do is have some fun

Pokemon GO: This release rate is looking pretty tepig

Pokemon GO: Unova wanna axew a question, but tynamo it's gonna be an unfezant answer

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Prop Wash posted:

Pokémon GO: These Pokémon are Unova kind!
Or

reignofevil posted:

Unova! Dos! Tres! Kangaskahn!

Imo

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

AMERICA! Do you unova her?

but seriously, it's this:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Unova good way to catch shinies?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Prop Wash posted:

I have to confess I prefer this time to the afternoon slot, and that'll be even more the case as we move into the winter and it gets dark earlier. I guess the opposite is true for the southern hemisphere - does Niantic adjust for that or do people just wander around in the dark during Australian winter community days?

Pretty much, but no one in the northern hemisphere gives a gently caress about the southern hemisphere and even seem surprised it exists, like people being surprised when ice types appear for the solstice event when it's summer in the north. Like people in this thread even go hmmmm maybe it's because you eat cold icecreams and stuff in the summer???? Surely there's not an entire other hemisphere where the middle of summer is the middle of winter????!??!!????? Nah that'd be stupid.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokemon go: gen 5 (unova) out now

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Unova dea how badly Niantic are gonna screw this up

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

LingcodKilla posted:

How are you guys catching so many shinys. I walked for 2 hours and 15 minutes constantly catching stuff and I got 0. Amazing.

Don't believe anyone who says they have one weird trick, whatever Niantic have used to create their RNG is not coded correctly and never has been, so finding shinies is both entirely random, and a broken kind of random that favours some accounts over others for yet to be determined reasons, probably something stupid to do with the user ID

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hatched a 15/14/15 Farfetched. My first one ever, so I'm really happy about that!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Forgot to ask nerds for friend codes yesterday so I could do the research task, and then realised that there was likely a thread...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The agony: Hatched a Feebas from a 10k

The ecstasy: it's perfect.

Hello new walking buddy for the next 20k!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Don't believe anyone who says they have one weird trick, whatever Niantic have used to create their RNG is not coded correctly and never has been, so finding shinies is both entirely random, and a broken kind of random that favours some accounts over others for yet to be determined reasons, probably something stupid to do with the user ID

My friend has one weird trick. He works at a hospital that recently got a stop and he has a good amount of downtime.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oh hey, looks like they changed Mewtwo's Psystrike move so that it's not absolute aids to use in a fight now. Dropped the damage from 100 to 90 but cut the cooldown time in half so now its beastly to use

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Welp, looks like we have regionals again. I'll catch panpour and heatmor on someone's throwaway if someone wants to do the same on mine for Durant and the grass and fire monkeys. Let's see how common these things are, first though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Would you be able to TM Psystrike onto an existing Mewtwo or is it Raid only?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ran into a shiny Buneary this morning! Adorable little pink icing bun :3:

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Is there a point where I can upgrade my item bags to so I don't have to keep trashing potions and berries and poo poo just to open gifts? It's bad enough my home\work are nowhere near pokestops so I"m constantly starved for balls but having to delete items too sucks rear end.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Would you be able to TM Psystrike onto an existing Mewtwo or is it Raid only?

Raid only

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there a point where I can upgrade my item bags to so I don't have to keep trashing potions and berries and poo poo just to open gifts? It's bad enough my home\work are nowhere near pokestops so I"m constantly starved for balls but having to delete items too sucks rear end.

If your inventory isn't clogged with balls, what's it clogged with? 1500 of my 2000 is dedicated to great and ultra balls so I'm confused how anybody can be full up with no balls.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Irritated Goat posted:

There is but you won't like it... You can buy a bag expansion under the Shop for 200 Pokecoins. You can get Coins from defending gyms, max of 50 a day if you defend for 8 hours, or buy them with your hard earned cash at 100 Coins for 1USD.

Boo! Thanks for answering.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Louisgod posted:

If your inventory isn't clogged with balls, what's it clogged with? 1500 of my 2000 is dedicated to great and ultra balls so I'm confused how anybody can be full up with no balls.

My inventory max is 400. I've got potions, hyper potions, revives, lucky eggs, camera, fast TM, rare candy, raid pass, ex raid pass, gift, balls, berries, 2 incubators, king's rock, metal coat, up-grade.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Irritated Goat posted:

My inventory max is 400. I've got potions, hyper potions, revives, lucky eggs, camera, fast TM, rare candy, raid pass, ex raid pass, gift, balls, berries, 2 incubators, king's rock, metal coat, up-grade.

Oh that makes sense. Only way to upgrade is to pay 200 coins for 50 additional slots.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

quote:

Introducing the Unova Stone! This black-and-white Evolutionary item will allow certain Pokémon to evolve. Try using it on a Pokémon like Lampent, and see what happens! This item can be obtained from Research Breakthroughs.

Kill me...

kill me now

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
After shiny mewtwo week I think it’s a good time to take a break from this game and come back in 6 months when the finally release gible and half of gen 5.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Good lord that’s too many poke balls. I wish the gotcha could use great/ultra balls. I keep 100 ultras at any time since I’m not manually catching often (only on weekends) but I never have enough poke balls to keep the gotcha going all the time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Irritated Goat posted:

Feed your spare berries to Pokémon at gyms for stardust. Gets rid of the berries and gets you dust. Win win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Kill me...

kill me now

ONLY Research Breakthroughs? Jesus. Guess I'll have to start doing research again despite not giving a poo poo about Flower Eevee.