Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This aged well
https://mobile.twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/746794654788530176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DendiBoss/status/1172959637731254272?s=19

quote:

A couple of days ago I threw fake plans of my future career to five friends, today I read the news about me in VP. Now I know who the traitor is.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The best part about this is that thats the same month ceb became the coach of OG and they started getting first in everything.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Ceb has always been one of the most knowledgeable guys in DotA he just wasn't ever able to get on a good team

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

This is too perfect. It'd already aged like a fine wine when he won 4 majors as a coach, but with the 2 TIs and being like the 3rd highest earner in eSports it's just *kisses tips of fingers*

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Official ramzes to EG: https://twitter.com/virtuspro/status/1173577825527435264

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It happened

http://evilgeniuses.gg/news/eg-2020-dota-roster/

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I look forward to watching RTZ not win any Valve events with a new roster

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

that might actually be a good lineup

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

I look forward to watching RTZ not win any Valve events with a new roster

Considering how many teams are supposedly taking the first major off I think they're going to win one of the first two

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Considering how many teams are supposedly taking the first major off I think they're going to win one of the first two

I'll believe it when I see it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

I'll believe it when I see it

It's still rtz so this is a perfectly valid stance

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
I don't care if the previous EG iteration never won TI because they blessed us with the "most NA team ever" skit.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
ramzes replacing S4 seems like a pretty decent upgrade. Abed over Sumail....ehhh not so much. 3rd place here we come boys

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Hmmmmm. Well I welcome my new American brothers Abed and Ramzes and look forwarding to shouting USA USA at them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sugar free jazz posted:

Hmmmmm. Well I welcome my new American brothers Abed and Ramzes and look forwarding to shouting USA USA at them

It's the true spirit of america, a melting pot of other nations rejects banding together to make something good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

It's the true spirit of america, a melting pot of other nations rejects banding together to make something good

when are going to get to the good part?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

when are going to get to the good part?

they haven't even been together for a day yet!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

they haven't even been together for a day yet!

but the previous team was that as well!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Andrast posted:

usa! usa! usa! usa! usa! usa! uSA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrast posted:

I mean I know it's fun (and accurate) to meme about rtz not winning valve events but they still had a really good year overall

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Yeah but is Bulba still gonna draft for them?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean I know it's fun (and accurate) to meme about rtz not winning valve events but they still had a really good year overall

Yeah they had a good year where they didn't win anything!

For real though, I agree

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m pretty excited for NA dota this season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

Yeah but is Bulba still gonna draft for them?

Asking the real questions

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It would be really funny if Bulba started playing again and won a TI like Ceb

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

96 spacejam posted:

Once those become real I'll drop more.

post more

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Andrast posted:

It would be really funny if Bulba started playing again and won a TI like Ceb

actually it would suck gently caress that guy

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm not familiar with the new players. Based on my observation Bulba drafting might not be the right call. I think the coach role should evolve into the advisor role when drafting. Both teams that made it to the Grand finals used that model.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Bulba is a good drafter and y'all are nuts

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

i dont know how much is his fault or how much is the players on account of im not in the booth or whatever but the drafts against liquid at ti9 looked like they were utterly lost

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sampatrick posted:

Artour can play more than 3 characters as a carry. Sumail can play more than 5 characters mid.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Sumail actually can't play more than five heroes mid and if they are picking a small hero pool it is probably because the team isn't comfortable picking other heroes. Bulba's success coaching and drafting for EG is almost unparalleled.

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Sumail actually can't play more than five heroes mid and if they are picking a small hero pool it is probably because the team isn't comfortable picking other heroes. Bulba's success coaching and drafting for EG is almost unparalleled.

Lol what? He hasn’t won anything? With some of the most talented players in the game

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

King Of Coons posted:

Lol what? He hasn’t won anything? With some of the most talented players in the game

You see there are other teams with more talented players and so EG loses and does not win

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
EG's lack of results isn't because Bulba is a bad drafter or coach, it's because other teams have better players in more positions lmao. EG fanboys are the worst people in the world about this.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

evil geniuses fail together. its a failure of all of the involved parties when they do not win. thats how teams work gamer, but also bulba is a dumb rear end hole

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

King Of Coons posted:

You can be successful without actually winning by consistently placing in the top, oh let's say three, of major tournaments.

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
“Almost unparalleled “ seems like a gross exaggeration. I can name 5 better coaches off the top of my head and one of them is aui

I like bulba too but I don’t know where you’re getting this Vince Lombardi poo poo from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

You can be successful without actually winning by consistently placing in the top, oh let's say three, of major tournaments.

nobody remembers the losers :colbert: