Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

teh winnar! posted:

Actually, it's an old one; we just replace the sisal every few years (Wife's a bit handy). In fact, we don't even know the model; Human Servant brought it with her when she moved in with us, and when asked, could only say she got it "from the cat store."

So whats the trick to replacing sisal, I presume you're using rope? I might have to get handy and replace the two Noot has obliterated so far.

Also, primo croissant and bookcase kitties, moar I say, moar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I follow a hairless cat on Instagram that has a splotch nose, and I think I have a soft spot for all splotch-nosed kitties. :kimchi:

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Pequod!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thread, meet Aphra:

A stray rescued from the streets of Boston. Goon street doc over in the Boston thread has been feeding her and posted that this kitty needed a home. I had been planning to get a cat, and she just sort of happened to come into my life at the right time.

This is her just now, chilling in my lap:

Took her to the vet, no microchip. Skinny, some little scabbed over what looks like flea bites but so far no sign of actual fleas or worms. Appointment to get her spayed and vaccinated in a week. Talked to a homeless guy in the area and he said that the people at the cleaners around the corner fed her sometimes and let her come in and hang out, but she was obviously abandoned. She's eating and drinking and is super comfortable with me. Her nipples are kind of... noticeable? but she doesn't look like she's pregnant. Maybe she had a litter at some point.

She's perfect.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

More Aphra:

She's such a cuddlebug :3:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chloe has taken to dangling a limb or two off of whatever she's laying on as of late. It's silly.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

Chloe has taken to dangling a limb or two off of whatever she's laying on as of late. It's silly.

My mother's friend had a calico named Chloe years and years ago!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I got a wooden clothes horse to cos it hasn't stopped raining here for a week or so and Noot can't decide between trying to eat it or try to knock clothes down :v: Keep the kitties coming, post all the kitties!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
mola? mola.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hi Mola!

I love her face omg

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That is such a classic tortie face :stwoon:

edit: I'm just assuming you're all cat-mad enough to frequent this website (A goon friend regularly posts ones that they feel I must see), but here's a sweet little tortie, so its topical:

https://www.lovemeow.com/kitten-rescued-cuddles-man-home-2639532393.html

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 31, 2019

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Allow me to introduce you all to Elly.

She's a tortie but also an orange cat, which you can see quite well at her back legs.

Unfortunately my fake leather chair is not surviving her well (You can see the little bits of it on the floor there, I plan to replace it soon).

She loves her Kitt In Box though!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That's the most orange tortie I've ever seen and drat cute. :swoon: Great kitty box too! I've been looking at the white hairs in Noot's coat and wondering if she'll be one that goes white eventually, they're quite pronounced. Or maybe her colours will fade into that lovely lavender and cream look.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/IG7C9OT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/mmgxgIa.mp4

LOOK AT THE WHITE TUM.

LOOK AT IT.

IT GETS FUSSED SO MUCH. I have the scratches to prove this!

khy fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 18, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My roommate's kitty has one little white spot on her tum. I will try to get a picture later.

As for my little idiot, behold the glory of Aphra's cheek floofs:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I want all your pretty kitties! Khy if your kitty is as easily bored as mine is. My tip is to leave packing material around occasionally, mine loves to make her own fun with boxes, tubes and bubblewrap.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
here's Mola getting a small piece of popcorn

here's Mola looking ridiculously satisfied with herself after horfing down said popcorn

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Maeby, head full of catnip, and her orange bits.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

beefnoodle posted:

Maeby, head full of catnip, and her orange bits.

omg what a chonker

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Crosspostin

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Bertrand Hustle posted:

omg what a chonker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZPpEzjO6s

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

THROW IT AGAIN.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

That looks familiar.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Maeby works off some of her chunkiness.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

ELLY

CUTE

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What a darling :swoon:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

ewe2 posted:

What a darling :swoon:

The darling gave me a big scare today by chewing open a paper bag with a donut in it. The donut was chocolate frosted, and showed signs of being nibbled on. After spending the last 8 hours watching her like a hawk I don't think she actually ate any of the chocolate but still. drat near gave me a heart attack.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cats are inquisitive little beasts aren't they? I have to shoo Noot away from my scones!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

khy posted:

The darling gave me a big scare today by chewing open a paper bag with a donut in it. The donut was chocolate frosted, and showed signs of being nibbled on. After spending the last 8 hours watching her like a hawk I don't think she actually ate any of the chocolate but still. drat near gave me a heart attack.

My calico Ginger is a trash cat - she will eat bread if she can get a hold of it and she will attempt to steal any and all chicken bones that she can find. Her previous owner probably kept her as an indoor/outdoor cat, given that said owner surrendered her (and by surrender I mean ask the local humane society to euthanize her) when they learned that as a result of being bitten, they would need to keep Ginger quarantined for six months. Humane Society looked at Ginger, said 'is perfectly good cat', and put her up with a foster while she awaited adoption.

She also has all the hallmarks of being a dominant street cat. For a female cat, she is pretty goddamn swole (a lot of her 12 lbs is solid muscle) and knows how to throw her weight around. She is also smart and resourceful - despite being 5, she learned her name very quickly, she can be taught how to do tricks, and she enjoys using her food tree (we got something similar for our other cat, who simply could not care less about trying to get food out of it - Ginger will ignore other food, even if it's easier to obtain, in favor of figuring out how to get it out of the food tree).

But I'd be remiss if I didn't post another picture of this apex predator:

Don't pet that belly (even though it looks so pettable and that patch of fur looks like the perfect target) - it's a trap!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ginger looks like she understands the pecking order though, it's a trap but she's still acknowledging your leadership :v:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm perfectly fine

I've no idea what you're talking about

I don't have a problem

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chloe just sat like this for 30 minutes last night.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

cats, what are they like

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ewe2 posted:

cats, what are they like

weird

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/zizifothsi/status/1179018156506959873?s=21

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hello, look at my mom's beautiful cat, whose name is Sweet Pea

True to her name, she is very sweet and chirps a lot

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

She's a cutie, no wonder she's a sweet pea :swoon:

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

They friends now. (the kind of friends that stick their paws in each other's mouth)

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

gently caress yeah its snugglin weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

We have an actual baby on the way so are setting up the nursery. Meko thinks that she is in fact a baby and the bouncer is a perfect place to curl up - bet ya she doesn’t once in contains a screaming baby.

dissss fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 20, 2019