Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This Momir event is honestly really stupid. Worse, it's boring as gently caress.

You just slowly wait until someone randomly gets a WIN creature. With no non-creature spells it gets boring as hell, and half the matches are just "wait 7 turns of nobody attacking until a game-ender drops".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Have you thought maybe you just lack the skills it takes to best your opponents? I myself have been performing admirably.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The Cauldron of Eternity looks really neat. It's a huge geode on a pedestal. It's the same on the "Cauldron Familiar" card from last week.

Also, this enterprising dude was previewed last week and has a page on Mythic Spoiler but wasn't actually added to the spoiler feed:

Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Chadzok posted:

Have you thought maybe you just lack the skills it takes to best your opponents? I myself have been performing admirably.

I just got Demonlord of Belzenlok and milled my whole deck. It required so much skill, a play like that takes such high IQ.

gently caress you for putting that card in Momir, wotc.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I wish these Dimir cards that cared about cards in opponents graveyards said ‘graveyard or exile’ because they have terrible synergy with Ashiok.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chadzok posted:

Not sure if this is a dumb troll, but I've gone 0-2 and 5-0. Both were boring and stupid.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

IMJack posted:

The Cauldron of Eternity looks really neat. It's a huge geode on a pedestal. It's the same on the "Cauldron Familiar" card from last week.

Also, this enterprising dude was previewed last week and has a page on Mythic Spoiler but wasn't actually added to the spoiler feed:

Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler

He actually gives you something, can't be Dibbler

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Well it's a may, so you can haggle for nothing and nothing happens, which owns.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Waffleopolis posted:

"Yorvo Lord of the Garen Preserve"

GGG

Legendary Creature - Giant Noble

Yorvo Lord of the Garen Preserve enters with four +1/+1 counters on it.

Whenever another green creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Yorvo. Then, if the creature's power is greater than Yorvo's power, put another +1/+1 counter on Yorvo.

So the one drop enables the UB counter/kill spell and gives you an early scry 2 which seems pretty good. I literally have no idea how to evaluate it though since 1/2 is poo poo and beyond the early game all it does is scry away some lands. Any control cards that need a sacrifice to pair up with this?

edit: plaguecrafter and/or cavalier of night. Blood for bones for a reanimator deck. Also 1/2 is enough to annoy cavalcade, based on that I'm saying this sees play.

Magic Underwear fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 17, 2019

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I love how mundane some of these magic spells have become. Summon the mystic energy of the mountains to argue with a shopkeeper.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Lol I'm doing this Momir's Madness event. I got a card that says "Look at your library until you get a nontarget creature, exile any other cards" so yeah since my library is full of loving lands guess who lost even though my opponent only had 1 loving life left!!! I'm loving salty right now.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Serves you right for trying to go for a 6 drop

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Momir needs more instant win/lose cards tbh, Phage the Untouchable owns

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol my opponent got Blazing Archon so I can't attack him period.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Lol my opponent got Blazing Archon so I can't attack him period.

That's when you roll up an Agent of Treachery for 7. Jeez people, this is basic, basic stuff.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So uh, didn't get a screenshot since my opponent conceded on the spot but I do have confirmation Ulamog The Ceaseless Hunger is in Arena. Awesome.

Also Griselbrand, Stratodon, and Thing From The Deep. Neat!

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 17, 2019

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

xanthan posted:

So uh, didn't get a screenshot since my opponent conceded on the spot but I do have confirmation Ulamog The Ceaseless Hunger is in Arena. Awesome.
Yeah that was confirmed a while ago, right after the historic stuff there was a leak of a bunch of be in the game's code. Lot of wacky creatures people thought were pending for historic.

From what I've heard they can import anything in MTGO pretty easily.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Just cleared my opponent's board with Rakdos, the Showstopper, event rules.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
The thing about Mormir is it's a dumb high variance casual variant. Complaining about losing to random BS is really missing the point. Also don't hit on 6 you fools.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Lagomorphic posted:

Also don't hit on 6 you fools.
Coward!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I just had an intense final battle to end my run, we were stalled out because he had the turtle that forces me to attack, and Blazing Archon, preventing me from attacking. Fortunately, I got that dinosaur that gives you life whenever a creature comes into play, equal to that creature's toughness. Then I got a Verdant Force, and he got 2 Bringer of the Green Dawn. I thought it was going to go until one of us milled, I kept getting big flyers that I had to trade with his big flyers, until finally I got a 3/7 that could block his Blazing Archon forever. Until I got that pirate that doubles my damage. He didn't notice, swung his archon into my 3/7. It died, his turtle made all my guys attack, and I had that dinosaur that got +1/+1 for each land I had, making it a 17/17 trample. He was at 8 life at that point.

beedub
Jul 21, 2003

Anyone been having trouble reconnecting to DCed games in the last week? I’m seeing it on two different machines. I get back to the waiting screen with the count up timer and can hear game noises including the fuse but it never gets back in

Wouldn’t be too bad but DCs are...frequent

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
500 more xp and I've finished the mastery pass :toot:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy crap Finale of Eternity is the most GO OFF KINGS card in the Yarok deck and I highly recommend jamming it in

(There were 100+ triggers on the stack on the first swamp flip, this is the second one when I realized I should take a snapshot)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm at the bottom of Diamond 4 and I just played mythic ranked #225. I've lost most of my games tonight so I guess they were throwing me an easy one? They conceded to my slow mill lifegain bullshit vs. their rakdos judith aggro so I'm sure they weren't thrilled. The matchmaker is weird as hell.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Y'all were right and momir is pretty boring, but I ended up getting a Dreadhorde Arcanist out of an upgraded ICR as my prize so I can't hate it too much today.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I got to cast another Finale of Eternity for 10, I should probably just end this season on that high

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I had an enjoyable evening playing Dimir Agent of Treachery and I feel like such an rear end in a top hat. This is what control players feel like all the time.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
So what's the usual "safe" threshold for top 1200 in Mythic? I got to #280+ as soon as I've reached Mythic this season & haven't touched Ranked since, and now after 1 week or so my rank decayed to #430+.

For anyone that has been in the same situation before, how much does your rank decay by end of season? I would assume that the final 2 days of season after rotation, the meta wouldn't be solved yet, and/or everyone will be playing aggro, so mostly 50/50 games.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

beedub posted:

Anyone been having trouble reconnecting to DCed games in the last week? I’m seeing it on two different machines. I get back to the waiting screen with the count up timer and can hear game noises including the fuse but it never gets back in

Wouldn’t be too bad but DCs are...frequent

I’ve had this problem since the Brawl patch, on two different computers. To be honest one of the machines has had disconnect problems throughout the past year but I chalked it up to that particular internet connection. Now I’m not so sure. Pretty worrying considering this game is leaving open beta in a week!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Holy crap Finale of Eternity is the most GO OFF KINGS card in the Yarok deck and I highly recommend jamming it in

(There were 100+ triggers on the stack on the first swamp flip, this is the second one when I realized I should take a snapshot)

I just tried this, even knowing it make me lose the game, just to see it.

It was amazing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Three times I've risked Momir's at 6, and gotten the self-mill every time. Never again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How does that work with Yarok?

EDIT:. Oh poo poo that is amazing. I figured it out

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 17, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

srulz posted:

So what's the usual "safe" threshold for top 1200 in Mythic? I got to #280+ as soon as I've reached Mythic this season & haven't touched Ranked since, and now after 1 week or so my rank decayed to #430+.

For anyone that has been in the same situation before, how much does your rank decay by end of season? I would assume that the final 2 days of season after rotation, the meta wouldn't be solved yet, and/or everyone will be playing aggro, so mostly 50/50 games.

There isn't one this far out from the end of season

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Is there math on how many packs you can buy from a set, before it stops making sense? I'm sitting on 250K gold, and the next set has a whole bunch of stuff I might be able to use, but I got a feeling that 250 of them might be overkill.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

THE BAR posted:

Is there math on how many packs you can buy from a set, before it stops making sense? I'm sitting on 250K gold, and the next set has a whole bunch of stuff I might be able to use, but I got a feeling that 250 of them might be overkill.

Here you go

tdlr: 217 packs should, on average, get you a complete set of rares, another 101 will get you a full set of MRs. Now do you need a full set? No.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

THE BAR posted:

This is just my personal anecdote, but I never had to spend more than $200 to get all I wanted out of a set.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

They changed the catch up event:

Up to 3 wins. 2 losses allowed.
50xp
150xp
250xp

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Sinteres posted:

50xp
150xp
250xp

Is golos gates still a good bet for the event? Or has the meta moved on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sinteres posted:

50xp
150xp
250xp

Thank Jesus