Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The hunting wagon can carry five large fish. Pulled a bunch of muskies out of Owanjilla, $40 in Strawberry. Being able to dismiss the wagon and have its cargo remain persistent is such a nice thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Diephoon posted:

"Yeah he's a murderer that will kill you for the nickel in your pocket, but he takes good care of his horse and is resourceful!"

^^^ This person knows how the world works.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Why the flying heckfire is bounty hunter so goddamn buggy? Three bounties in a row I got no exp.

Also my daily progress reset. Back to .2 gold for me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bounty hunter worked fine for the first few days, now it's how you see it. poo poo's really drat annoying. I've had bounties not activate, targets vanish off my horse as I'm riding into town, and a BOUNTY OVER, YOUR POSSE ABANDONED THE JOB despite not even being in a posse.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

They really need to do something with Manhunt because there's too many players and you can and will do the work of clearing the enemies around a target only for some dipshit to charge in and grab them and there's jack poo poo you can do about it. It's extremely easy to get no targets and thus no rewards whatsoever. There is no actual incentive to cooperate in what has the trappings of a co-op event.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

They really need to do something with Manhunt because there's too many players and you can and will do the work of clearing the enemies around a target only for some dipshit to charge in and grab them and there's jack poo poo you can do about it. It's extremely easy to get no targets and thus no rewards whatsoever. There is no actual incentive to cooperate in what has the trappings of a co-op event.

It's such a waste of time. Collector's? A shitload of things to find, when you're done you get a ton of exp and money. Trader's? Lots of goods, when you're done you get a ton of exp and money.

Bounty Hunter? Small amount of targets, tons of hunters and exp is person by person. I got 1 bounty turned in and got 57 exp for my trouble and like two dollars. Whoopty poo poo. A colossal waste of time.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

this is perhaps a ridiculous question but how the hell do you get the online menu to come up when there isn't a "hold options to view" thing on the screen?

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Karma Tornado posted:

this is perhaps a ridiculous question but how the hell do you get the online menu to come up when there isn't a "hold options to view" thing on the screen?

Left D pad on the Xbox controller.

Jimbot posted:

It's such a waste of time. Collector's? A shitload of things to find, when you're done you get a ton of exp and money. Trader's? Lots of goods, when you're done you get a ton of exp and money.

Bounty Hunter? Small amount of targets, tons of hunters and exp is person by person. I got 1 bounty turned in and got 57 exp for my trouble and like two dollars. Whoopty poo poo. A colossal waste of time.

Turn in bounty at 29 seconds left to max it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Left D pad on the Xbox controller.

specifically, press it, don't hold it (holding opens the catalog). I had to google this too, don't feel bad

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Turn in bounty at 29 seconds left to max it.

I'm talking about the Manhunter free roam event for Bounty Hunter. It's worthless.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

so probably left d-pad on the PS4, too. Okay, cool, thank you

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I find it amusing that you can murder defensless people in cold blood and strip any valuables of their mangled corpses but a short trip to town to say howdy to anyone you pass will redeem any honour you may have lost on your murderous rampage.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I can't get a bluetick coonhound as my camp dog?

pictured: me

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Been doing an experiment with bounties tonight:

Loaded into free roam from the online menu
Camp not pitched (unsure if this matters but I'm trying to rule out variables)
Did a mission for Bonnie
Went to Armadillo, took a $ bounty
Went to Tumbleweed, took a mission for the sheriff, then a $$ bounty.
Went back to Tumbleweed for another job, then a $$$ bounty.

All three bounties worked, whereas previously today I tried 12 bounties and had 4 work.

Maybe there's some sort of cooldown mechanic in there causing problems, and doing story missions kicks it into gear?

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Capn Beeb posted:

Been doing an experiment with bounties tonight:

Loaded into free roam from the online menu
Camp not pitched (unsure if this matters but I'm trying to rule out variables)
Did a mission for Bonnie
Went to Armadillo, took a $ bounty
Went to Tumbleweed, took a mission for the sheriff, then a $$ bounty.
Went back to Tumbleweed for another job, then a $$$ bounty.

All three bounties worked, whereas previously today I tried 12 bounties and had 4 work.

Maybe there's some sort of cooldown mechanic in there causing problems, and doing story missions kicks it into gear?

Rockstar are slow on the hotfixes (unless their economy is getting rolled) so it's just a dumb day one session bug they haven't fixed yet. If the screen fades to black when you start a bounty, it switched sessions and you won't get any reward. Hit free roam in the online menu and it'll load you into another one where you can try again, I've rarely had to try more than one reload to get it working again.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Dick Jones posted:

I can't get a bluetick coonhound as my camp dog?

pictured: me

How on earth do I get a camp dog? I can't figure it out - it's not in the catalog or stable.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Cripps sells em in the camp store, if memory serves. $350 each and I think PS4 players have early access to more breeds from what I read in the patch notes.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Cripps sells em in the camp store, if memory serves. $350 each and I think PS4 players have early access to more breeds from what I read in the patch notes.

Next question: how do I access the camp store? (and thanks!)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

Next question: how do I access the camp store? (and thanks!)

Talk to the bum sitting next to the wagon in camp.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I love my camp dog very much :3:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Another Bill posted:

Talk to the bum sitting next to the wagon in camp.

No kidding - I had no idea you could interact with Cripps. Prior to this update, I never used my camp.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone know where that gypsie gently caress is today?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnl...tm_source=share

Why do you hate her so much anyway?

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 17, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

We've gone from mysoginistic derision to ethnic derision in two days, excited to see where else this weird obsession leads us.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
It leads to SJWs eating poo poo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BarkingSquirrel posted:

:allears:

4chan is thataway.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Probably just mad because video games are supposed to be an escape from women avoiding them

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

I have to admit previous posts made me browse the rap sheet on a whim and it is 100% the guy you think it is even before the outright invocation of The Bad Acronym.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fuckin' yikes

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Roma lady is very nice and pays me very well for all the treasures I bring her.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 18, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

While we're at it "gypsy" is antiquated it is Roma! :D She is a lovely woman worthy of our respect and admiration.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
My initial impression of her is that she's a grifter, but I'm a murder-hobo/wildlife apocalypse so I don't judge.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

BarkingSquirrel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSEwy8ZORc

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

She sold me a metal detector that caused me to gain like 30 levels of the battle pass thing and max out collector bananas fast.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I feel like R* is going to nerf the metal detector soon it's too good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Eh, you still have to ride around and find the stuff. I've nearly rode off cliffs following it. It's a lot like fishing, just another chill thing to do out in the world. With the Trader meat wagon you can make big bucks with fishing. I can see them nerfing the exp for the initial dig, though.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Promising news for PC hopefuls:

Rockstar just released a first-party launcher for their PC games

They're currently running a promotion and giving you a free digital copy of GTA: San Andreas with it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Getting knocked out of defensive mode while just riding around is cool, I enjoy being made easy gank bait for pissbabies.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Getting knocked out of defensive mode while just riding around is cool, I enjoy being made easy gank bait for pissbabies.

I don't know if the pissbaby ratio is drastically different between regions (I'm Euro) but I see so little deliberate griefing post-patch that half the time I don't even remember to switch modes any more.

Having actual tasks beyond red dot genocide has done wonders for distracting the sadbrains. I expect it'll be back to pre-patch levels once they burn up the new content though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

I have no reason to expect this to happen based on how gtao turned out but I hope they add a private lobby mode where you can just do the frontier pursuits (or whatever else they add later) on your own or with just friends. The game comes so close to scratching a chill “hunt, fish, and make number go up” itch but putting you in the same lobby with murderers with no real “hey I dont want to be murdered by anyone” button kind of kills it for me

I know there’s parley but you have to be murdered first, and it only works on a murderer-by-murderer basis