Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The book being manga sized just makes this even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Also worth noting "here" is... EVS posting he's received a copy, not the backers.

Also I took a photo with the nearest standard-size comic book I had on hand (an old Rock N Roll Comics Ice-T bio comic, which I assure you is standard comic book size).

Maybe EVS has enormous hands? Or this is ashcan sized.

(Also for reference sake, I am relatively tall and have relatively large hands, so if EVS's mitts are clutching a full size comic there he's in Andre the Giant territory)

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 16, 2019

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

$250,000 raised and he couldn't even make it regular sized jesus loving christ.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
They sure did own the Libz by spending $25 on a water damaged mini-comic.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Maybe EVS just has giant hands?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FMguru posted:

Maybe EVS just has giant hands?

He kind of does. He's somewhat oger-ish.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

Also worth noting "here" is... EVS posting he's received a copy, not the backers.

Also I took a photo with the nearest standard-size comic book I had on hand (an old Rock N Roll Comics Ice-T bio comic, which I assure you is standard comic book size).

(Also for reference sake, I am relatively tall and have relatively large hands, so if EVS's mitts are clutching a full size comic there he's in Andre the Giant territory)

I for one look forward to finding out how quality his battletoads slash fanfic is...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Did any of his go fund me's specify the physical dimensions of the book?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not that I can see.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Edge & Christian posted:

Rhyno posted:

He kind of does. He's somewhat oger-ish.

Googling for some convention pictures:

I'm leaning towards "a little of both" - pretty big hands compared to a smaller-than-average comic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last time I saw him, maybe 3 years ago, he'd gotten very fat. Hands included.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
This guy does a cool rundown of what could actually be going on with those pages.*

https://twitter.com/kimota1977/status/1173660116643713025?s=21

*bitch cheap

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it a shock that EVS would use the cheapest option?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Could this mean it was... it was... IGG money he held back to have ten pound lobster dinners!? Surely he did not skimp on the Cyberhoney Bloodfrog and used all of the money on it!

According to EVS part of the delay was getting - wait for it - chromium covers! Clearly what was needed to save comics was a 90's gimmick.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 16, 2019

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Could this mean it was... it was... IGG money he held back to have ten pound lobster dinners!? Surely he did not skimp on the Cyberhoney Bloodfrog and used all of the money on it!

According to EVS part of the delay was getting - wait for it - chromium covers! Clearly what was needed to save comics was a 90's gimmick.

A big part of Comicsgate, before EVS started with all his Cyberfrog grifts, was how much they hated "gimmicks" and late books. Lo and behold, those concerns seemed to have disappeared.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

A big part of Comicsgate, before EVS started with all his Cyberfrog grifts, was how much they hated "gimmicks" "women"

they just persistently misspell "women"

I fixed it though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rob out here still looking cool and good.

https://twitter.com/ObscureAaron/status/1173725132805656576

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol rob gently caress off

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rob got tired of himself and Todd McFarlane being collectively referred to as "The Idiot and The rear end in a top hat" so he decided to become singularly known as The Idiot and The rear end in a top hat

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

What's McFarlane like, anyway? Is he as up his own rear end as his work on Spawn and the like would suggest?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yond Cassius posted:

Googling for some convention pictures:

Unrelated to the current thread of discussion, perhaps, but he really did a Sinestro comic called Mein Kampf?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Jedit posted:

Unrelated to the current thread of discussion, perhaps, but he really did a Sinestro comic called Mein Kampf?

He named the first volume of his personal published sketchbook "My Struggle" and put Sinestro on the cover

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Jedit posted:

That's really when this all started. Well that and him posting photos of himself wearing a nazi uniform that he managed to scrub from the internet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

Rob got tired of himself and Todd McFarlane being collectively referred to as "The Idiot and The rear end in a top hat" so he decided to become singularly known as The Idiot and The rear end in a top hat

Some speculation I've seen is since Major X was considered a success Rob's back to thinking he's a big deal again and ready to do another Levi's ad.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kurui Reiten posted:

What's McFarlane like, anyway? Is he as up his own rear end as his work on Spawn and the like would suggest?

the one thing I remember about McFarlane is the Comics Journal Image Retrospective article where they asked him point blank if he thought Spawn was any good and he flatly replied, after a moment of thought, “no”

edit: just looked this up and he is actually asked if his comics are well written, and he says a lot more after the “no” but I like my inaccurate version better http://www.tcj.com/thats-the-spice-of-life-bud-the-todd-mcfarlane-interview/

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 17, 2019

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GROTH: Did it ever occur to you that a lot of these artists might not know how to write?

MCFARLANE:
[Long pause.]

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kurui Reiten posted:

I saw him at Emerald City about 2 years back and he likes to talk. A lot. He comes across as a bit of a salesman who always has a "great story" to tell. That being said, seeing him do an interview with Stan Lee was definitely a highlight.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Does he really tell everyone he meets that he hasn't seen Star Wars?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I thought Todd wasn't chudly per se but rather just nakedly self interested and all that implies.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I always got the impression that McFarlane was basically a twelve-year-old boy in a man’s body. Not necessarily malicious, but with a complete lack of self-awareness. He just unabashedly likes things that are “badass” and “edgy”.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1173774797102297088?s=20

Was there a specific thing they were attacking him for, or is it just that his name is Ahmed and not like Jones or Smith.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They don't like good writers. They only like bad ones who do everything the can not to write.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
brown, muslim, writing two popular non white characters, ticks every gator box. isnt he working on a movie or something too? they cant stand success

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

site posted:

brown, muslim, writing two popular non white characters, ticks every gator box. isnt he working on a movie or something too? they cant stand success

According to IMDB he's writing for a sci-fi TV series called Foundation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Looks like it's based on the Isaac Asimov books.

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1054744903639429120?s=20

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
gently caress, Ahmed is such a good choice to help work on an adaptation of those books, they're so cerebral in a way he'll be able to really have fun with.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I heard part of an interview with McFarlane a couple weeks ago while in a Lyft. He was angry about a lack of gun control, so he can’t be too bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Todd's a bit up his own rear end but I have never seen anything CHUDlike from him.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
At least he can't possibly be as bad as the guy whose record he just beat

https://twitter.com/Todd_McFarlane/status/1173392784037822464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well yeah you couldn't do it without them since they all did the actual work.