Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1173780967342989318

Not the best possible outcome, but it's at least got an off-chance of being close to the pick you paid for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Amy Pole Her posted:

Uhhhhh

I’d kill for Pitts #1

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1173780967342989318?s=20

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Steelers first rounder! Hell yes!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’d have traded a 1st for Minkah. He’s good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Dolphins can trade the Jets 3 1's for Tua now.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

Dolphins can trade the Jets 3 1's for Tua now.

Nah, Sam will come back and win 2 games, you'll get the 4th pick.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Do the Steelers think they are going to be good this season?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

syzpid posted:

They realize they're only going to win games on D.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Bills have a sneaky bad schedule and it would be something of a disappointment if they weren’t competing for a wildcard birth in the last few weeks.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Gase gased the Gase out of that. Good passes downfield, positive yards, needs a first down on 4th and 2, throws the ball -7 yards and gets a net 1.5.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/Iamxavienhoward/status/1173783845403078656?s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

torgeaux posted:

Gase gased the Gase out of that. Good passes downfield, positive yards, needs a first down on 4th and 2, throws the ball -7 yards and gets a net 1.5.

Yes that was definitely drawn up by Adam Gase and not the 3 second check down by the practice squad QB currently in the game.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

torgeaux posted:

Bell has 6 receptions and 17 runs, and Gase is acting like anyone isn't going to put a spy on Bell coming out of the backfield. It's crazy.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Dagger. Cannot believe they have sat in that same zone and didn't expect to see OBJ go long and Landry sit short in that gap.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes that was definitely drawn up by Adam Gase and not the 3 second check down by the practice squad QB currently in the game.

Yes, we definitely should completely ignore history.

Jets are doomed. Bell just took a pass at the line of scrimmage and made 10+ yards out of it.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 17, 2019

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Too bad that Lev is wasting another prime season on this loving dumpster fire.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

what the gently caress are the steelers doing

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Jonathan Fisk posted:

what the gently caress are the steelers doing

Panicking.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
It seems pretty possible the Dolphins could end up with the first and second overall picks. If Rudolph ends up not being a savoir or if Watson goes down with an injury. The last time that happened was the 92 draft, which is considered one of the worst drafts in league history and didn't produce a single HoF'er.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Myles looks like a young Jason Taylor. Not in their play, he just resembles him. With the helmet on, at least.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RandBallsStu/status/1173765947682897920

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Minka is good, but the Dolphins just got what is probably going to be like the 5th-15th overall pick for him. That's a pretty good haul

Steelers also got a really good corner who's cost controlled for two years, so it's not like the vast, vast majority of player trades.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
gently caress this stupid team

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

gently caress this stupid team

BREAKING: Tarbrush has been traded to the New York Jets for a conditional sixth round pick.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Bills have yet to prove anything other than that they are better than both the tire fires in New Jersey.

I don't think they beat the Jets if CJ Mosley and Quinen Williams finish the game. Or if Sam Darnold didn't have mono. LOL

On the other hand, it would be hard to play worse than the Bills did with 4 turnovers in the first half, and they still managed a win.

Bills beat Eli for the first time. Will they continue the trend and beat Andy Dalton for the first time?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Kalli posted:

Minka is good, but the Dolphins just got what is probably going to be like the 5th-15th overall pick for him. That's a pretty good haul

Steelers also got a really good corner who's cost controlled for two years, so it's not like the vast, vast majority of player trades.

He was a good get with the 11th pick. Why take the boat when you can take the box? It could be anything. Even a boat!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Nail Rat posted:

He was a good get with the 11th pick

This. Unless the steelers pick is top 5 there probably won't be a better player available, especially given how important flexible secondary players are to Flores's defence.

I reserve the right to pretend I never had this opinion when we end up picking 1-2

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

He was a good get with the 11th pick. Why take the boat when you can take the box? It could be anything. Even a boat!

He was drafted by another regime 2 years ago and Miami’s essentially getting to hit the reset button.

Should’ve drafted Derwin in first place but good luck to Minkah

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

th3t00t posted:

Bills have yet to prove anything other than that they are better than both the tire fires in New Jersey.

I don't think they beat the Jets if CJ Mosley and Quinen Williams finish the game. Or if Sam Darnold didn't have mono. LOL

On the other hand, it would be hard to play worse than the Bills did with 4 turnovers in the first half, and they still managed a win.

Bills beat Eli for the first time. Will they continue the trend and beat Andy Dalton for the first time?

Good teams beat bad teams. No shame in getting a W.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1173976136042340354

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Join us in the tank, Jets, the water's lovely

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
"With Todd Bowles gone, the Jets cant get any worse"

Oops :suicide:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Are there people out there monitoring the social media profiles of every player just wanted to see if there is an edit?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Are there people out there monitoring the social media profiles of every player just wanted to see if there is an edit?

i imagine most beat writers follow every player account on twitter looking for anything they can to feed the beast, that or there was some rumbling from unverified sources that jamal adams was unhappy

or they got a tip from a fan, or someone just stumbled across it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

considering this dumb poo poo gets reported on like a daily basis, gonna go with yes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

torgeaux posted:

Gase says Falk knows the offense better than Sam. How damning is that?

Is that true? That is . . . pretty weird. I guess they've both had the same amount of time to learn it, maybe Darnold's just a bit of a dumbass

syzpid posted:

They could still be better than they've looked so far. It's only week 2 and them winning a few games, even with mason rudolph, isn't impossible. Especially with the state of the league as it is now with so many teams disappointing.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Play posted:

Is that true? That is . . . pretty weird. I guess they've both had the same amount of time to learn it, maybe Darnold's just a bit of a dumbass

Falk was with the Dolphins for six months or so. He might’ve learned it there.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

I feel like half of all news articles today are made up of a large portion of tweets by random nameless people like @WokeDan224 so I don't find it hard to imagine beat writers are looking at every social media profile of their assigned team every day.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Brain Curry posted:

Falk was with the Dolphins for six months or so. He might’ve learned it there.

So he's had more time, overall, with Gase. I suppose that makes perfect sense then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

22.5 point favorites over the jets, my sides