Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Jel Shaker posted:

i would hope these boys are at least getting huge stacks of petro-dollars but I know that in reality they are probably just getting minimum wage while their boss man takes most of it

they're slaves hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

:911:
https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status/1173730775918886915

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
pretty sure 9/11 was the saudi 9/11 but go on...

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

holy poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The biggest skyscraper is Saudi Arabia is currently being built by the Bin Laden construction company

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Raskolnikov38 posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/ksa_s898/status/1173735949211185152?s=21

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Sorry to sound like a dumbass but by press ganged from the hajj do you mean they nick people who are going on pilgrimage? Bro That's hosed up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Hentai Jihadist posted:

What bad poo poo have the houthis done cause otherwise I'm renaming myself Houthi n hollering. This is my own joke I just came up with do not steal

The one thing about the Houthis that anybody actually cares about is they have problematic opinions about Jews.

etalian posted:

They were fine with Yemen situation for waging scorched earth tactics against the Shia there or imposing a blockade that led to famine conditions.

It's a classic case of blowback in which Saudis tried to impose their will on Yemen but didn't realize the other side could find ways to get back at them like halving the oil production in a single attack.

The Emiratis wised up real quick while the Saudis didn''t. They should've known that when the Houthis shut down Abha airport that they could've just as well shut down something way more important. Instead they kept tightening the screws and look where it got them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The one thing about the Houthis that anybody actually cares about is they have problematic opinions about Jews.

The Emiratis wised up real quick while the Saudis didn''t. They should've known that when the Houthis shut down Abha airport that they could've just as well shut down something way more important. Instead they kept tightening the screws and look where it got them.

Yeah not exactly wise starting a proxy war in your own back yard.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Sooo, does anyone have any idea where these drones hitting the saudi refinery came from?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Tias posted:

Sooo, does anyone have any idea where these drones hitting the saudi refinery came from?

lol no

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tias posted:

my rear end op

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/09/16/world/middleeast/trump-saudi-arabia-oil-attack.html

nytimes selling another war

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
KSA: "The Iranians are being mean to us again, please bomb them for us :kiddo:"

Trump: "We've already sold you all our fancy military toys, plus fuckloads of advice and training. What more were you expecting ffs?"

It's really jarring when Trump suddenly takes a reasonable and pragmatic stance on a thing.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

Trump: "We've already sold you all our fancy military toys, plus fuckloads of advice and training. What more were you expecting ffs?"

It's really jarring when Trump suddenly takes a reasonable and pragmatic stance on a thing.

yeah idk that selling advanced weaponry to a slave state that's actively committing genocide could be considered reasonable

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Qurnah posted:

yeah idk that selling advanced weaponry to a slave state that's actively committing genocide could be considered reasonable

well, all the reasonable countries are doing it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hentai Jihadist posted:

What bad poo poo have the houthis done cause otherwise I'm renaming myself Houthi n hollering. This is my own joke I just came up with do not steal

They're kind of rear end in a top hat tribal bandit types like the Afghan mujaheddin, although I haven't seen much evidence that they're quite so hyped about paedophilia.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Qurnah posted:

It was more the: "You've already got one of the biggest military budgets in the world: are you seriously expecting us to do your fighting for you too?" that seemed at least semi-sensible.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pistol_Pete posted:

I mean trump’s stance isn’t that he doesn’t want to go to war for the saudis, his stance is that he’ll only do it if they pay him, so uh

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

It was more the: "You've already got one of the biggest military budgets in the world: are you seriously expecting us to do your fighting for you too?" that seemed at least semi-sensible.

it's big brain deal making

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/506198852933013504

he's shaking them down for cash ffs

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC8CSIzDaVc

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Qurnah posted:

He's gonna have them pay to gold plate the Burj Khalifa and rename to Burj Tromp

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Qurnah posted:

Europe did well selling weapons during american civil war, agreed.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

when even the NY Times is like "these pictures don't actually prove anything" then you know you've got a hard sell.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Sep 17, 2019

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

deleted

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Qurnah posted:

Would this be an example of saying the quiet part loud?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Radirot posted:

Would this be an example of saying the quiet part loud?

Check the date.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Check the date.

haha gently caress

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I couldn't even get past the intro. I love implying that we could disarm the Houthis somehow when North Yemen is already under a total blockade, or that the Houthis somehow feel "confident" they can "act against Saudi Arabia" after the Saudis have been waging a mass murdering bombing campaign for years. I can't stand these imperialist pigs. The empire and its client states get a free reign in everything, but the second someone hits back it's a crime against humanity. Give me a loving break.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A senior Trump administration official told me that Trump is gay, and when Putin comes over they kiss each other a lot. And I saw them in the closet and they were kissing on the mouth. Then Putin looked at me and he smiled at me.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol @ the liberal media just quoting mbs characterizing the attack as "terrorist" like the parrots they are

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/1174036531750809600

Israel exit polls out now. I haven't been following it and I don't know if they're one of the countries with picture-perfect exit polls or not. Pundits are making it sound like a bad result for bibi but not the worst case scenario. Lieberman (yisrael beiteinu, kind of anti-bibi secular right) is kingmaker. Is Lieberman sitting with the Arabs or the Arabs supporting a government with Lieberman a thing that could actually happen?

ed: wrong thread lmao

Fat Lowtax has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Sep 17, 2019

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

Is Lieberman sitting with the Arabs or the Arabs supporting a government with Lieberman a thing that could actually happen?

not a loving chance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

israeli exit polls are not worth looking at afaih about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006