Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
If I were in charge, I'd fix Star Citizen by dubbing Gary Oldman's voice into COD Infinite Warfare, and changing its title screen to say "SQUADRON 42". I would then modify Elite Dangerous so you can only by the ships with real money, and call it "STAR CITIZEN".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Heartfelt congrats to whoever ran that bill for that up to 100 grand somehow. We call him "the crobbler of cosplay"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://twitter.com/BBC_HaveYourSay/status/1173935295177351168

"Was Derek Smart right about Star Citizen?"

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Bootcha posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Really though? I don't think my heart can handle this revelation.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Fidelitious posted:

Really though? I don't think my heart can handle this revelation.

While that is prime rubbing material, I find it difficult to believe.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Daztek posted:

hi chris, my box keeps falling through the floor of my ship

That's strange. I've been playing this game for literally 3 straight years nonstop and I've NEVER seen this. *Begins gorging on Chris Roberts chewable vitamins* The issue council is no place for FUD so take your agenda and leave. *Plugs in the Resonator* In fact, Star Citizen is carrying boxes that have never been carried before. *Pineal gland activates* Marking this issue as invalid.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bootcha posted:

Does it at least include all the cosplay in that scene (Chris, Sandi and three other guys with weapons)? I mean, some of the details on the red guy are decent...

Man, 100 grand? Wow.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Bootcha posted:

Obviously untrue.
However, if it is true I reserve the right to later adjust my position as follows: This is actually good for Star Citizen and is a shrewd bargain because Sandi always looks like a million bucks.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

shrach posted:

Obviously untrue.
However, if it is true I reserve the right to later adjust my position as follows: This is actually good for Star Citizen and is a shrewd bargain because Sandi always looks like a million bucks.

Yeah, what is 100K for the best marketing person ever since she was a little girl? ROI in no time.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Checking in to the new home. Looking forward to more :lol:s at expensive space dlc for a game nobody wants to play (the single player thing they are developing for 2020).

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

Checking in to the new home. Looking forward to more :lol:s at expensive space dlc for a game nobody wants to play (the single player thing they are developing for 2020).

Squadron 42 sales will be so high they will fund Star Citizen, even though nobody wants it and it's already included in the accounts of people who wanted SC, and it will have chapters with writing so incredible people will pay for each episode, even though Chris Roberts wrote it, and the PU is already several AAAA titles at once and worth $67,000 easy, but it's also all Tier-0 placeholders waiting for the pipelines to mature, welcome to the new thread old friend, where everything contradictory is true at the same time all the time, and the collapsing waveform that is actually downloading and playing the game reveals the scam in full glory in a matter of minutes, yet CIG finds refuge in audacity all in the name of Chris committing theft, fraud, breach of contract, and every other crime that has defined his existence ever since a blue pixel became a green one since it was a very small girl.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Don't pre-order video games, a gentleman uses his knees and elbows, and they're just hosed up enough to pay for film-quality props for an on-stage skit that was _supposed_ to solidify Strangli's acting chops, but actually came off really stilted and weird?

Surely that's the whole skit prop cost, or someone really made bank off supplying a bodyglove.

shrach posted:

Obviously untrue.

And by that, you mean a huge pile of rotting deer meat?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

JugbandDude posted:

While that is prime rubbing material, I find it difficult to believe.

The anti-tickling material incorporated in the suit is not cheap.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

reignofevil posted:

Hi guys! Last week we offered you ~~caves~~ this week we would like to interest you in some hot and fresh ~~caves~~ and then we've got some big news coming up don't want to spoil it but you might be surprised to find out we're going to be focusing big time on ~~purchasable caves~~

I'm looking forward to all the exciting cave gameplay in the space game personally.

It's where I plan to build my space base for hunting procedural wildlife to sell for profit at the local bazaar.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 17, 2019

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Joke's on them, the spaceland I spacebought already has caves

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

Squadron 42 sales will be so high they will fund Star Citizen, even though nobody wants it and it's already included in the accounts of people who wanted SC, and it will have chapters with writing so incredible people will pay for each episode, even though Chris Roberts wrote it, and the PU is already several AAAA titles at once and worth $67,000 easy, but it's also all Tier-0 placeholders waiting for the pipelines to mature, welcome to the new thread old friend, where everything contradictory is true at the same time all the time, and the collapsing waveform that is actually downloading and playing the game reveals the scam in full glory in a matter of minutes, yet CIG finds refuge in audacity all in the name of Chris committing theft, fraud, breach of contract, and every other crime that has defined his existence ever since a blue pixel became a green one since it was a very small girl.

I personally love how many things they sold for the single player game that is going to be a cultural phenomenon to redefine gaming.

An on rails mission based space game with 3D cutscenes is super exciting to me!

Especially since CIG is so good at animation and doesn't at all look like janky poo poo in a box as soon as it starts to do more than stand still.

There's a reason it's a jpeg factory and not a gif factory.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This thread is now in Games.

Ergo, Star Citizen is now a game.

Check mate goonies.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

:siren: New Space Court document :toot:
It's behind a login/paywall though :negative:

Basically the court agreed with the shifted date.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

$100,000?

Enhance. Zoom.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Hav posted:

Space Court isn't entirely boring. My favorite part was when the cult theorycrafted whether or not the judge would compromise her work ethic because her dad something something space, therefore she'd see the incredible things CIG was trying to do. The arrogance was staggering - the fact that they equate Chris Roberts's brain-fart with some kind of monumental advancement in our understanding and appreciation of space exploration - and that their failed-model viewer is so incredible that a US judge would literally sacrifice her job to defend it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

When I see this, I see the surprising announcement that they are shifting to Unreal Engine.

Long live Star Engine! The not-CryEngine mod!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I can only assume that it's the complete ensemble;

...check his wrist.

So one 'pirate' outfit, one ill-fitting Admiral uniform, two 'marines' and one guy wearing an RSI outfit?

Edit: In the grim darkness of the future, BMIs have been revised upwards.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 17, 2019

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

The Titanic posted:

When I see this, I see the surprising announcement that they are shifting to Unreal Engine.

Long live Star Engine! The not-CryEngine mod!

I wonder if CIG really thinks their scrambling behind the scenes to delete all evidence of the breach of contract with Crytek will actually bear fruit. It's such a dangerous game to play, and missing a single piece can render a default judgement. Or worse. Then again, it's what Chris Roberts would do.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Bootcha posted:

Pics or it didn't happen!

No seriously, can someone post a pic of this glorious haute nerdfashion?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Check mate goonies.

Nah, this thread is the game.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

Check mate goonies.

bring on the reviews then!

edit: but then again...it's in alpha right?

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 17, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

I wonder if CIG really thinks their scrambling behind the scenes to delete all evidence of the breach of contract with Crytek will actually bear fruit. It's such a dangerous game to play, and missing a single piece can render a default judgement. Or worse. Then again, it's what Chris Roberts would do.

I doubt they let Chris anywhere near this, and I suspect that Ortwin's learned a valuable lesson in not elaborating, but the thing you're looking for is 'unclean hands' and/or fraud on the court. Neither would be great, and given that this is a jury trial, the risk is far too high for the damages that they'll probably go after.

I suspect that shifting to Unreal - If true - has more to do with the realism of being able to employ people familiar with using that particular engine for the things that they're attempting to do, rather than attempting to dodge attribution. The suit itself relies on articles of historical reference and looks for discovery to provide context.

I am notoriously generous with CiG, however.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

Nah, this thread is the game.

Multimedia hyperkinetic actual-reality gaming with cutting edge artificial intelligence and a cast of thousands.

This is next gen for all gens.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

loving lol at Maverick on his "costume"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

I expect nothing more than whatever they can do to ensure maximum cash. If that involves deleting everything they will do it, up to completely destroying the game itself.

After all, even CIG realizes at this point they are selling snake oil and pictures of snake oil. They don't actually care about any sort of complete project.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Space Court isn't entirely boring. My favorite part was when the cult theorycrafted

Might actually be an amusing time to look at all the people that suggested that it would be thrown out entirely, because now we're firmly into the big list of discovery items and their expert witnesses.

Bmac32 posted:

Show some respect, he's an Admiral of the UEAEUEUEEE.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

DigitalPenny posted:

They had good experinced experienced people, comming to work on this exciting new project, who tell Chris that something he was asking for can't be done or they needed to focus on something full like sever architecture and Chris would wave his hands and tell them he could do it, make the pixel green. shortly after they were fired or moved on.

Some of them did whole packages of work that were impressive, sound systems, physics models ect they were just never incorporated into a game.

So many pro's just don't understand game development.

The Citizens always block those early days out of their mind with the mantra of “Chris was just building a company, development really didn’t start until 3 years ago.” They will never admit that a lot of work was being done by Chris’ early team of industry pros and even more was being outsourced to third party studios; most of which was never used. All the while millions of dollars were being blown.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bmac32 posted:

Always remember that people in this thread claim he is charismatic and an excellent salesman

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Mr Fronts posted:

If I were in charge, I'd fix Star Citizen by dubbing Gary Oldman's voice into COD Infinite Warfare, and changing its title screen to say "SQUADRON 42". I would then modify Elite Dangerous so you can only by the ships with real money, and call it "STAR CITIZEN".

This post is a billion times better if you remember that Gary Oldman was already in COD as a character who brainwashed and programmed someone to carry out his goals over the next like 30 years.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Always remember that people in this thread claim he is charismatic and an excellent salesman

I am starting to think he has an actual deal with the actual devil. It's the only thing that makes sense to me anymore. Possibly the robot devil. I'm up to debate on that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Mods No Masters posted:

Heartfelt congrats to whoever ran that bill for that up to 100 grand somehow. We call him "the crobbler of cosplay"

Her. It's Sandi.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

[citation needed]

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

[citation needed]

you know i really think that rob chrissert is charismatic and an excellent salesman

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I'd believe that designer shoes by shoe designer Sandi Gardiner would easily be worth about $100,000 of backers money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

reignofevil posted:

Let me know if there's anything else in this shitshow I've forgotten. Procedural planets probably need to stay in but time will be spent hand sculpting things to do/visit on them. Procedural animals are out until we finish literally every other thing I suggested we might work on post release. You go to planet alpha and you pick up goats. You take them to the geodesic dome and process the goats into drugs. You sell the drugs. All star citizen development will be centered around this new focus on goat fidelity.

The 'living universe' is either discarded entirely or aggressively faked. NPCs spawn, take preplanned routes with generic representative cargo. Market fluctuations due to NPC factors are faked in the same way a normal game would do it: by randomly having shortages/surpluses spawn in areas. Perhaps an economic landscape could be generated once a day or once a week to allow for things to be shaken up on a larger scale that a mere 40ish players ain't gonna do. Maybe, MAYBE you could figure out something where all the servers use the same economy database to allow for large-scale player-driven economics but that might be a nightmare.