Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r33HV7JNGas
"Infinity Battlescape has already done a better job of achieving its combat focused goals than other early development space games that have literally 600 times the budget."
:drat:

E:
https://i.imgur.com/2f4oac7.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Psh, I'll bet it doesn't even have caves

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Scruffpuff posted:

Space Court isn't entirely boring. My favorite part was when the cult theorycrafted whether or not the judge would compromise her work ethic because her dad something something space, therefore she'd see the incredible things CIG was trying to do. The arrogance was staggering - the fact that they equate Chris Roberts's brain-fart with some kind of monumental advancement in our understanding and appreciation of space exploration - and that their failed-model viewer is so incredible that a US judge would literally sacrifice her job to defend it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

This aged like fine wine.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Those comments aged well :v:

E: fb :argh:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

All 3 of those comments are absolutely perfect. I particularly like the one about if the judge were a "gamer" which carries in it two implications, which I suspect are being projected by the poster:

1) As a gamer, a US judge will render a judgement based on that fact and not based on the case, sacrificing her career in order to defend a cult. Because "game."
2) The comment about the "space connection" is dipping deep into the well the entire project springs from: if you keep saying it's a space game, it somehow becomes a space game, despite being pure poo poo and literally the worst "space game" ever devised by man, to the point where it's pretty much not even qualified to be called such.

This is the poo poo right here. This is where the years and years of Mirifibot are going to start paying off very heavy dividends, as the waveform collapses and the walls of reality are closing in on the cult, each thing that happens will come with a fully curated set of original backer defenses courtesy of Mirificus.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1174026681427742720

Tweeted article: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/star-citizen-jetzt-schon-spielen-community,3348746.html

From the article page:

:lol:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

drat, the all caps on "NOW" certainly seems like a desperate prayer to all who are still watching this shitshow - "It's real now, guys! It's real now! Log in, but buy ships first! Yes, yes, buy ships, and then log in! We can't be a scam if you can log in NOW can we? Right??!?!

Hello? Is anyone listening?!?"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Note how they don’t specify the era

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Stop and look at the image in that tweet. Stop. Ignore the Star Citizenium that makes you scroll down.

What the gently caress intern did that

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

fuctifino posted:

$100,000?

Enhance. Zoom.

One Hundred Thousand Lollers

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Spiderdrake posted:

Stop and look at the image in that tweet. Stop. Ignore the Star Citizenium that makes you scroll down.

What the gently caress intern did that

ROFL I can't believe I missed that. Really, all those guys look kinda familiar.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

W O W

https://twitter.com/Mr_Hasgaha/status/1174040315193384960

Lol and the cherry on top is that the full article is paywalled

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I never thought I'd see the day, but Cubeworld is releasing before Star Citizen.

Am I dead? Is this some weird purgatory?

When you think about it purgatory is just early access hell, so it makes sense.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

This is honestly the absolute best timeline.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I like how they got both Masterchief and Ironman in the same shot. :thumbsup:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

stingtwo posted:

Not only is the game just completely worthless, so are the people working at CIG.

The most basic poo poo even when it somehow looks competent on 1st glance, an hour later it's broken in one way or another. The people still there have long proven to the world they cannot make a game, Chris micromanaging can be blamed for a lot of the issues, but not all of it. I can understand that for a select few this is their 1st time working in the game industry, but the well has been poisoned by the "THIS GAME IS GREAT" doey eyed employees who cannot or don't look beyond anyone who paid $1000 criticizing that they cannot spend enough money on this.

Nah, nobody would be able to build anything if they were working on this mess, with a complete lack of architecture or planning. That's just how software is.

And also why SC will literally never be done, because the people at the helm are asleep at the wheel.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I caught up with the thread; ya'll need to post faster.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

W O W

https://twitter.com/Mr_Hasgaha/status/1174040315193384960

Lol and the cherry on top is that the full article is paywalled

Ahahahaha their marketing is literally just photoshopping two fan images together.

They couldn't even take a screenshot of their own videogame :allears:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Ahahahaha their marketing is literally just photoshopping two fan images together.

They couldn't even take a screenshot of their own videogame :allears:

the gamestar article did that, not CIG

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This thread made me curious and so I followed up to see what Dual Universe and Battlescape Infinity was like, but both look to be kinda just multiplayer games with a few other bells and whistles? B:I at least has some kind of offline exploratory mode. My dream game is one that combines the procgen base building poo poo and space legs with literally everything else in Elite: Dangerous.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

At least their media purchase strategy matches their content creation strategy…

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Now do you hail to the Universe Queen of Marketing?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tippis posted:

At least their media purchase strategy matches their content creation strategy…

What if all the Archering wasn't Archer's fault? Maybe CR just finds things he thinks looks cool, and says he wants something like that. And no matter how much you try to get the same look and feel in something new, he just keeps sending it back for refactoring until it looks exactly like the cool thing he saw. Archer was making completely original work that after dozens of revisions just happens to look like he traced someone else's work.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Spiderdrake posted:

Always remember that people in this thread claim he is charismatic and an excellent salesman

His watch has more charisma than he does. Chris is anti-charisma.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

50 PLAYER DEATHMATCHES!!!!

CAN SOMEONE BE KILLED BEFORE THE SERVER DIES WITH 50 PLAYERS ON?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Facebook Aunt posted:

What if all the Archering wasn't Archer's fault? Maybe CR just finds things he thinks looks cool, and says he wants something like that. And no matter how much you try to get the same look and feel in something new, he just keeps sending it back for refactoring until it looks exactly like the cool thing he saw. Archer was making completely original work that after dozens of revisions just happens to look like he traced someone else's work.

Not sure if your serious but he's been caught doing this with other companies and even his deviant art had clear tracings of reference photos or other peoples art. He's seriously just an untalented, plagerizing con-artist, much like the people he's worked for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/comments/4c6spp/boardgame_maker_gets_caught_stealing_art_doubles/

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 17, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

What happens when you die, anyway? Do you wake up in a wank tube an hours' travel away, or is there any sort of nearby respawn system?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

His watch has more charisma than he does. Chris is anti-charisma.

Chris has exactly the kind of charisma that works on the kinds of people that are super invested in SC.

By which I mean he has slightly more than the cultists, but since they have none themselves it LOOKS like he possesses infinite amounts to them.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

quote:

Meanwhile screenshot-expert 'Hasgaha' is playing SC in search for the perfect motive for his artwork for hours or is creating spectacular trailers in day-long working sessions using video recordings from the game.

[...]

Other community members treat SC like a role playing game, show their twitch viewers the most isolated parts of simulated space or report as ingame-journalists from happenings inside the ever-growing meta universe around Chris Roberts' exceptional project.

[...]

"Los 50 de Roberts" is the name of a reoccurring multiplayer event, which Aeri Yuffa is organizing as part of the group SKAINET

"Los 50 de Roberts" sounds like a fun posse I wanna be part of. Like Los del Rio, but in space.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Jonny Shiloh posted:

LOL, is that how much it cost to produce the Illfonic Star Marine demo?
Nope. According to the tax fillings, Illfonic made about 3 to 4 million making Star Marine, and hey, the taxpayers paid for it too. It's lost in the threads somewhere

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Find a video of Chris speaking for any length of time and then skip ahead to any point. Theres a 50% chance the first thing you'll hear is "UhmmMM"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What happens when you die, anyway? Do you wake up in a wank tube an hours' travel away, or is there any sort of nearby respawn system?

Wank pod millions of miles away.

But you can buy a ship with a medical area which serves a spawn point.

Mind you, those ships with spawn points do not exist yet.

But you can buy them!

They should be flyable soon.

Mind you, the spawn point tech requires them to finish the next version of "persistence"

So buy one.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

chaosapiant posted:

This thread made me curious and so I followed up to see what Dual Universe and Battlescape Infinity was like, but both look to be kinda just multiplayer games with a few other bells and whistles? B:I at least has some kind of offline exploratory mode. My dream game is one that combines the procgen base building poo poo and space legs with literally everything else in Elite: Dangerous.

DU - no-one knows cos of NDA, it's always seemed fishy to me.
B:I - Large scale "Battlefield 2" in space looks good however I'm in the beta tier, I couldn't not get the controls working on the free weekend. I get the feeling at the moment it's more cool engine given a minimal game over refined balanced gameplay at this stage.

I've been of the opinion Space Games are really hard to do well in the modern era. every attempt is critically flawed in someway.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

trucutru posted:

Wank pod millions of miles away.

But you can buy a ship with a medical area which serves a spawn point.

Mind you, those ships with spawn points do not exist yet.

But you can buy them!

They should be flyable soon.

Mind you, the spawn point tech requires them to finish the next version of "persistence"

So buy one.

I completely forgot that this was a thing they sold. How long ago was that? Three years?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nicholas posted:

Find a video of Chris speaking for any length of time and then skip ahead to any point. Theres a 50% chance the first thing you'll hear is "UhmmMM"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fu6nCpruY

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

ComposerGuy posted:

Chris has exactly the kind of charisma that works on the kinds of people that are super invested in SC.

By which I mean he has slightly more than the cultists, but since they have none themselves it LOOKS like he possesses infinite amounts to them.

Bluegobln posted:

In short I trust CIG and Chris Roberts. I feel like if I had the money and the experience to do so, I could have been in his exact shoes, he thinks like I do and I see him talking passionately about Star Citizen and its clear we share a dream. Star Citizen and Squadron 42 will be released, probably as awesome as we hope, and despite the current uptrend of sci-fi and space games it will still probably change a lot of things in the gaming industry (and I think it already has started to).

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol, that's what the medical ship does? Man, they really are trying to build a space sim and Planetside at the same time. I wonder how exactly they expect that to work with the sparsity of the population all over the universe, even if they eventually do decent numbers on release. They haven't thought about it and will never release.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol, that's what the medical ship does? Man, they really are trying to build a space sim and Planetside at the same time. I wonder how exactly they expect that to work with the sparsity of the population all over the universe, even if they eventually do decent numbers on release. They haven't thought about it and will never release.

Yeah, its truly insane how much they continue to promise while considering the ramifications of absolutely none of it. The medical ship just makes no sense. The game where the medical ship makes sense doesn't fit the game where flying into battle and shooting people makes sense.

If they were willing to be like EVE and have NPC "troopers" it'd work, but that's not ~fidelity~ and they've already pre-sold people marine experiences and space photographer experiences and space taxi experiences and...

Its a blatant scam at this point, but since people have been into it for years and thousands of dollars, they won't see it. This is digital scientology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There's some sort of proximity thing, so if you land in their big dumb city and then go fly around and die you respawn there, or at least you used to. It was how people were getting stuck in the city, unable to leave. They game would crash before they got far enough away to wake up at Olisar (where you wake up the other 90% of the time that you're not near enough to one of the two cities to respawn there).