Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

emdash posted:

http://blog.dota2.com/2019/09/matchmaking-update-for-the-next-ranked-season/

for those of you who still play, a bunch of (potentially) good changes coming to ranked

These changes look amazing, all I see in ranked right now is support pos 4 Invoker going Midas carry and pos 1 Carry afk farm with 0 tower damage and less hero damage than pos 5 support.

Along with role reports it should help clear this out.

Edit: Am worried about behavior score ban as I'm a filthy techies picker, that even though I carry and win my games, I get all kinds of reports from the salty enemy.

Dunite fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Well what's your behavior score? I'm sure that it has to be pretty drat low to get into the territory they are talking about in that post there. In my mind an exceptionally low behavior score is something like under 1k? Maybe under 500? They don't go into the negatives right?

An aside: I noticed my behavior score dropping a bit and I made an effort to clean up and I'm back up near 10k!

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 17, 2019

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Dunite posted:

These changes look amazing, all I see in ranked right now is support pos 4 Invoker going Midas carry and pos 1 Carry afk farm with 0 tower damage and less hero damage than pos 5 support.

Edit: Am worried about behavior score ban as I'm a filthy techies picker, that even though I carry and win my games, I get all kinds of reports from the salty enemy.

Valve has to know what community they have and account for imbeciles reporting techies/meepos/pudges inaccurately out of spite. Maybe compare their performance in a game to their accusation of a report automatically with a blatantly false report going in the trash.

PROBABLY. I play a LOT of "shitter" heroes as often as possible and my behavior score is like 9k even with the occasional traditional dota poo poo talking.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this is incredible

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

mikeraskol posted:

Well what's your behavior score? I'm sure that it has to be pretty drat low to get into the territory they are talking about in that post there. In my mind an exceptionally low behavior score is something like under 1k? Maybe under 500? They don't go into the negatives right?

An aside: I noticed my behavior score dropping a bit and I made an effort to clean up and I'm back up near 10k!

Wow, didn't even know it went that low, I'm between 5 and 6k on a bad week where I pick like 20 techies games, but my winrate averages 75% with techies. I probably don't have to worry.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

IcePhoenix posted:

this is incredible

so that's why he lost mid every single game

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Dunite posted:

Wow, didn't even know it went that low, I'm between 5 and 6k on a bad week where I pick like 20 techies games, but my winrate averages 75% with techies. I probably don't have to worry.

You're fine.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Am I though???

I do pick techies and get called a sociopath often.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nobody who plays dota is 'fine'

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

mikeraskol posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were using a neural network for something like this, rather than just plain numbers.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dunite posted:

I'm a bit confused by this post, do you want people to start reporting pos 4 Invoker? I think it usually sucks in poo poo tier mmr land but it isn't like exploiting ranked queue or anything.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm a bit confused by this post, do you want people to start reporting pos 4 Invoker? I think it usually sucks in poo poo tier mmr land but it isn't like exploiting ranked queue or anything.

They queue as support, pick Invoker and build as pos 1. Right now you can only report as did not play lane, rather than did not play role.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Reality Sinner posted:

so that's why he lost mid every single game

Dude for real. Suddenly everything makes sense. Also I’m shocked that J storm is mostly sticking together and that they replaced 1437 with Mooz from Peru. Is reso washed now

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
You gotta love people who queue Hard Support and then immediately ask "Can I mid?", and then even when you shout them down they pick some carry hero. And I believe the report thing says that reporting them as not playing their lane doesn't count as a report, so you don't even get the satisfaction of that without reporting them for something else. In the past week I had a "Hard Support" Sniper and ember.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dude for real. Suddenly everything makes sense. Also I’m shocked that J storm is mostly sticking together and that they replaced 1437 with Mooz from Peru. Is reso washed now

Reso has been on the outs for a while now. His last real success was being the "EG killer" at TI7, wherein everyone forgets that Uni was just feeding treants to Sven all game.

I used to think Reso Void was still legit but he had some bad chronos at TI9.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Khisanth Magus posted:

You gotta love people who queue Hard Support and then immediately ask "Can I mid?", and then even when you shout them down they pick some carry hero. And I believe the report thing says that reporting them as not playing their lane doesn't count as a report, so you don't even get the satisfaction of that without reporting them for something else. In the past week I had a "Hard Support" Sniper and ember.

i have like 70 games as support ember it totally works. i would never pick it 5 tho.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
reso sucks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/d5nzxp/how/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXwGVXD7qEQ

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

2039? Jesus, that's a long-rear end time. For sure Eternal Envy should be banned for the same amount of time, right? Does being a professional player excuse you from the possibility of being banned?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
There's talk that pro players cannot be banned for smurfing or having terrible behavior score. We'll see if EE or mason, both of which having 0/10000 behavior score, will get snipped.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

JackDarko posted:

2039? Jesus, that's a long-rear end time. For sure Eternal Envy should be banned for the same amount of time, right? Does being a professional player excuse you from the possibility of being banned?
January 19, 2038 is the end of the Unix epoch, which means that Valve still uses 32-bit timestamps. For shame.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurreco posted:

There's talk that pro players cannot be banned for smurfing or having terrible behavior score. We'll see if EE or mason, both of which having 0/10000 behavior score, will get snipped.

Their main accounts have 10k while their smurfs have literally a score of 1.

I survived the purge, so their system is obviously poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/d5n2hh/i_just_got_a_19_year_ban_wtf/

read the comments of these threads btw

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dota 2 Thread: Don't loving Rosh My Dogs

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
PUDGE I get but I guess that dude sure all chatted a lot about Veno and Slardar? That's kind of weird

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

PUDGE I get but I guess that dude sure all chatted a lot about Veno and Slardar? That's kind of weird

I wanna know what word he's pairing "syndrome" with

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

No "commend me" to be seen.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I wanna know what word he's pairing "syndrome" with

I think the "down" right above the "they" might be a clue here.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Do not stop posting these :kiss:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

In addition to the low rear end conduct score, it appears to be a purchased/boosted account, with a ton of games with all tinker and huskar at really high win rates at the start of the account, and then a sudden shift to normal hero spread with a piss poor win rate.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
gently caress that reminds me I was on a mission to make "Jizzflakes" the biggest word in my wordcloud. Forgot about it somewhere along the way.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Modrasone posted:

gently caress that reminds me I was on a mission to make "Jizzflakes" the biggest word in my wordcloud. Forgot about it somewhere along the way.

"HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taffer posted:

Do not stop posting these :kiss:
Here's two more for the morning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/d5vhw8/evil_gaben_i_got_banned_for_19_years_why/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm only 15 minutes in but this is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVyKzGDRw7c

highlight so far is slacks needing to go 3-0 in a stack with someone to get them to join and pulling it off

reddit sleuths think it was puppey

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I'm the fuckigj

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EorayMel posted:

I'm the gently caress youj

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Dunite posted:

They queue as support, pick Invoker and build as pos 1. Right now you can only report as did not play lane, rather than did not play role.

If you queue as support half of your inventory should be locked to support items only, make it happen Valve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just have the rest unlock after 45 minutes so you don't cripple creative builds in the late game.