Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

No poster for me and the thing started like 20 minutes late, so some ball-dropping on the theater's part. Movie was great though, easily my favorite of the 3. Kind of a slow start but from clown on it was gold. I dunno why I'm spoiling that but if you should go see the movie instead of mousing over anyway.

Irony.or.Death fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Irony.or.Death posted:

No poster for me and the thing started like 20 minutes late, so some ball-dropping on the theater's part. Movie was great though, easily my favorite of the 3. Kind of a slow start but from clown on it was gold. I dunno why I'm spoiling that but if you should go see the movie instead of mousing over anyway.

:ssh: [ spoiler ] not [ s ]

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Anyone else here going to Fantastic Fest in Austin? The program this year is amazing, lots of potentially good horror movies.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
Saw "3 From Hell" last night, love the poster. The screening was probably 2/3 full to boot so turnout was pretty good. My expectations were sky high considering Rejects is just flat-out one of my favorite horror movies of all time, and I wasn't disappointed. I do think it borrowed pretty heavily from the structure of Rejects, making it feel like a remix of sorts, but gently caress it I was entertained. It was also way funnier than I expected it to be.

Warden: I can't set her free, she'll just murder me as soon as I take the chains off.

Otis: (laughs) Yeah, she probably will. :)

Also, interesting tidbit from an interview with Bill Moseley: The woman who played the female hunter who finds them in the woods is Bill's wife in real life. The bit where Richard Brake starts talking about her tits was off the cuff improv, and when she screams at her partner to shoot him it was all off-script. Bill said he was standing just off camera laughing his rear end off lol

T3hRen3gade fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 17, 2019

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I wish it was playing later than 7pm in my city. Is it the same time everywhere?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Y'all ever do any cool decorating for Halloween? There's never a general Halloween thread on these dead rear end forums, and I figured if anyone did, it would be the horror crew.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

Y'all ever do any cool decorating for Halloween? There's never a general Halloween thread on these dead rear end forums, and I figured if anyone did, it would be the horror crew.

I asked my wife if we could buy an 8 foot tall albino werewolf decoration that I saw at Home Depot for two hundred dollars and she said no.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Origami Dali posted:

Yes there is. Usually in GbS or PYF, I believe.

I also mentioned that peeps could post their decorations or costumes or events they attend or whatever in the October Challenge thread, but no one ever did it, so I stopped including it in the write-up.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
We decorate a lot for Halloween, lots of spiderwebs and gravestones and stuff. I’ll post a picture once we put it up this year.

Last year we managed to scare a little girl (~9-10) so bad that she refused to come up onto the porch, lol. Not sure what it was that she didn’t like, a big spider I think.

Drunkboxer posted:

I asked my wife if we could buy an 8 foot tall albino werewolf decoration that I saw at Home Depot for two hundred dollars and she said no.

dump her imo, you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Origami Dali posted:

I'm on a 'minimal decorations' for now. Once we move to a different apartment or house, then I'll go back to going on full decorations again.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Origami Dali posted:

I literally bought this just today:

But I collect skellies, so my apartment is pretty much halloween 24/7

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Origami Dali posted:

We have a spot under a pine tree in our front yard that we set up a little graveyard in with styrofoam tombstones and a couple skulls and skeleton hands reaching out from the ground. And some yard lights in the shape of ghosts that line the sidewalk to our front door.

At my friends' Halloween party last year they decorated their toilet to look like Freddy Krueger.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Origami Dali posted:

There was one year, imo the best year I ever had for Halloween, (2003 I believe) where my family and I all decorated our front yard with skeletons and graves and blood and it was sso much fun.

Then some kids came by and tore it up, and shot it with paintball guns. So yeah, that didn't happen again.

Like I said before, i have this now, but hell loving no way am I putting it outside my apartment.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I'm trying to put Michael Myers in the bushes this year, but full size mannequins are crazy expensive. All I need is a torso attached to a stake I can jab into the ground, a little blue backlight, and it'll prob look pretty good.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Be the Michael Myers you wish to see in your bushes.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The state of affairs at my local Wal-Mart.

Even with a new movie, Chucky's crammed in at the bottom. How does the doll mask from The Strangers have such staying power?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Origami Dali posted:

I’ve got a Halloween tree, a faux dead tree with candy-corn colored LED’s on it and black crows with costumes perched around it. I’ve also got a fun candy dish that’s a witch’s head barfing candy onto the table, along with the usual array of fake cobwebs etc.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I have one of those fake arms from the dollar store. There’s a crack at the bottom of my outdoor stairs and I always stuff the arm in there so it looks like the hand is reaching out. Every year there’s at least one kid who doesn’t want to go near it.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Yeeeeeeessss! Woke up with a fever! No going to work! No looking after the kid! No doing anything but staying in bed! ...and watching movies!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Darthemed posted:

The Merlin looking fucker in the top left has serious potential

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
One of the most horseshit things in horror mythology is how people minimize Tobe Hooper's contribution to Poltergeist.

Don't know why that just popped into my head, but gently caress that. He directed that poo poo

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Blast Fantasto posted:

One of the most horseshit things in horror mythology is how people minimize Tobe Hooper's contribution to Poltergeist.

Don't know why that just popped into my head, but gently caress that. He directed that poo poo

Didn't that all start with a Variety editor who saw Spielberg shooting some second unit stuff and assumed that Spielberg was just making the entire movie?

Spielberg tried to fight it, to his credit, but the damage was already done.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think a lot of people who aren't more familiar with his work have a problem squaring the style and tone of Poltergeist with TCM and just assume that it was completely Spielberg because of the Amblin house elements in it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

His heroin habit probably didn’t do him any favors either.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tart Kitty posted:

I literally bought this just today:

But I collect skellies, so my apartment is pretty much halloween 24/7

My apartment definitely has Halloween elements year round, but I bring out most of it October 1st

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Darthemed posted:

Even with a new movie, Chucky's crammed in at the bottom. How does the doll mask from The Strangers have such staying power?

Are those $5 and $8? drat I'd have a field day.

I gotta get to the dollar store and see what they have this year. I saw a couple of little things I liked in Walgreens today but everything there is too expensive.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
If you want to see overpriced poo poo, check out Spirit Halloween. I went there to buy the new Myers mask from ToTs and it was 15 bucks over list price.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if anyone still has the rights to the William Shatner mask that became Michael

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Burkion posted:

I wonder if anyone still has the rights to the William Shatner mask that became Michael

Yeah, ToTs owns the old Don Post molds, so now they sell the Shatner mask and the Myers masks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Darthemed posted:

We live in a society.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Man... Hellhouse LLC wasn't great, but Part 2 is straight up a college film.

I turned it off and just put on Unfriended 2.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Burkion posted:

I've always wondered if there were ever any legal issues with them using Shatner's likeness but maybe they changed enough so that it didn't matter.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Has anyone here seen that Devil's Rain movie the Shatner mask is from? I've always been curious if it's any fun.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Halloween decoration talk reminds me that a house on my way to work puts out a ring of ghosts holding hands that is really unsettling late at night.

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Morbid Hound
When is the all October horror movie marathon thread gonna be posted?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Origami Dali posted:

Like seven years ago we strung some orange Christmas ligts around a tall lamp in our place for Halloween and we never took them down.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Hot Dog Day #89 posted:

When is the all October horror movie marathon thread gonna be posted?

Next week sometime.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey, this question is kind of out of nowhere, but what are some good LGBT related horror movies? I'm talking both horror movies with LGBT creators and LGBT themes. Off the top of my head the ones that come to mind are Friday the 13th part 2 and The Child's Play series, are there any other obvious ones that I'm missing?

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey, this question is kind of out of nowhere, but what are some good LGBT related horror movies? I'm talking both horror movies with LGBT creators and LGBT themes. Off the top of my head the ones that come to mind are Friday the 13th part 2 and The Child's Play series, are there any other obvious ones that I'm missing?

Are you thinking of the second Elm Street? FT13 Part II doesn't have any of those themes, although I may either be misremembering or didn't pick up on them during my watch...

Irregardless, Shudder is doing a documentary on this very subject, so you might want to look into that when it comes out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

One classic of queer horror is Bride of Frankenstein which has a very camp queer coded villain and was directed by James Whale, who was openly gay. Something that wasn't common in the 1930s.