Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

WHOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sinteres posted:

They changed the catch up event:

Up to 3 wins. 2 losses allowed.
50xp
150xp
250xp

allah akbar

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I had no idea there was a ranked 2020 ladder I thought it was just that dumbass event

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

it's both

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's still an event it's just that the wins count towards your rank

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Just got the same thing. Now to sit back and relax until Eldraine releases.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

More like Lucky Clobber!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

WTF this is going to enable so much jank. Gonna add this to my leyline/wilder rec jank deck.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is not, however, bo3

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Speaking of things to clover... This card is going to break Bo1 over it knee, its way more splashable than mastermind's acquisition, in a stronger color, has an extremely good blocker stapled to it, and can be repeated.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

People always forget about Ajani, Strength of the Pride's ultimate.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think you'll find that at 2 mana, Lucky Clover is too slow

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Should I spend wildcards on Field of the Dead or do you think it's going to eat a ban?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is it still tier one minus scapeshift? Golos seems pretty unwieldy

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

Should I spend wildcards on Field of the Dead or do you think it's going to eat a ban?
Pretty sure they'll refund WCs on a ban so yeah go nuts

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Arglebargle III posted:

if it eats a ban, you'll get your wildcards back AND get to keep the fields, so go hog wild.

i've been playing field and getting thrashed by UG flash in the 20 queue so if you're just looking to beat it, try that.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Imagine a vampire losing a fight with a bird. This game is insane.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Imagine a bird armed with a sword losing a fight to a germ with a snowplow

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Arglebargle III posted:

with scapeshift rotating out it's probably not bannable

beedub
Jul 21, 2003

I haven't seen any actual scapeshift in a long time, did everyone drop it for golos field? Is there a rationale there?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

beedub posted:

I haven't seen any actual scapeshift in a long time, did everyone drop it for golos field? Is there a rationale there?

It's way more fun

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Arglebargle III posted:

Imagine an elite, trained vampire knight bouncing off two human children, unable to kill them without outside aid.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I play scapeshift but it also ends up rotting in my hand a bunch, because i've already got a bunch of pressure and going all-in with it is just asking to get blown out by legion's end or deputy.

golos does the pressure game much better

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I am happy that my thread title proposal got noticed. :unsmith:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

beedub posted:

Yeah basically the card that would’ve kept Scapeshift in check got unbanned and Golos is just the most powerful thing you can do in Standard anyway, and they’re getting their licks in now because the days of 4-5 color decks in Standard are over.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

beedub posted:

I never played Scapeshift but I picked up Golos recently and just hit Diamond with it in BO3.

With Scapeshift, you're basically all-in on the zombie plan, and one Legion's End can ruin it pretty easily. Golos gives you multiple angles of attack in addition to the Field plan. Once you start activating Golos, you're like 95% to win the game.

I won a game the other day where I was at 1 life, no cards in hand, my opponent had a million creatures + Nissa on board. I draw Golos, cast it, activate, it flips Nexus of Fate, Nexus of Fate, Circuitous Route. Opponent concedes shortly after.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Arglebargle III posted:

You joke but freemagic is insanely mad that the queen is a 3/3 because "A loving grizzly bear is 2/2." Note that she is a woman of color and they've never ever been bothered by P/T in comparison to a Grizzly Bear before this moment

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

You joke but freemagic is insanely mad that the queen is a 3/3 because "A loving grizzly bear is 2/2." Note that she is a woman of color and they've never ever been bothered by P/T in comparison to a Grizzly Bear before this moment

lol are you serious, that's blatant even for them

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

if it eats a ban, you'll get your wildcards back AND get to keep the fields, so go hog wild.

i've been playing field and getting thrashed by UG flash in the 20 queue so if you're just looking to beat it, try that.

I was beating someone’s face in as UG flash and then they tried to Circuitous Route to save themselves by tapping out on like turn 6 for a grand result of two zombies. That’s your plan? That’s going to stabilize you? Whatever it got negated.

Also stealing someone’s Golos and using its ability as Bant Ramp is HILARIOUS. thank you for five cards now I’m just gonna own your poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh being in the Standard 2020 event for so long made me forget how much Feather is a poo poo-rear end garbagefucker of a deck, glad it will disappear into nothingness come rotation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Where are you getting the Red and Black for Golos' active in Bant Ramp

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Eej posted:

Where are you getting the Red and Black for Golos' active in Bant Ramp

Paradise Druid

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh being in the Standard 2020 event for so long made me forget how much Feather is a poo poo-rear end garbagefucker of a deck, glad it will disappear into nothingness come rotation

Can feather work in a different Boros deck? even without the effect, a 3/4 flyer for 3 mana is good.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jabor posted:

Paradise Druid

Bingo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

Can feather work in a different Boros deck? even without the effect, a 3/4 flyer for 3 mana is good.

It will probably have some life but Reckless Rage doing double duty as pump/removal is what's currently propping that deck up in most matchups

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's a bishop of wings deck that crams most of the good angels in. It can certainly take some wins.

Although a lot of it is that 3 mana angel that makes more angels when you gain a bunch of life, and I guess that's rotating out.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Arglebargle III posted:

Dinosaurs are birds, therefore

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Golos is losing the checks which slows down a deck that already has a weak matchup vs aggro. It also loses Nexus of Fate which is one of the main payoff cards for activating Golos. It'll still be a deck but that will go a long way towards keeping fields unbanned unless they print something real stupid in the next few sets.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I think feather is a pretty unique and cool deck which promotes the use of otherwise completely unplayable trash cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

feather is a deck that promotes my opponents itching their balls for 2 minutes every single turn while they decide "should I remove my opponent's creature with a spell I get back for free with no downside and swing in against his now-empty board"