Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm really into the dahl toggling between fire types

i hated them in bl2/tps but hit just feels like a much needed, natural evolution of the idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, most Dahl weapons were borderline unusable in 2/TPS but they're incredible now.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It helps that assault rifles are so good!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Twibbit posted:

The targeting grenade can mark multiple targets, rounds will fly at the closest living marked target.

Ahh cool thanks. And yeah, Dahl weapons are deceptively strong. Every elemental Dah pistol I've found has looked kinda whatever on paper and then just shreds everything it touches. Probably because they're so flat shooting you can dump a mag into something's face pretty easily.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Bugsy posted:

For the shields Moze players you need to find one of these:

how does this work in conjunction with thin red line? will you get 200% shield capacity if you have that and TRL at 5/3?

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm assuming those are the guns I found with growths on them? I sold all mine. OOps.

Yeah, if you find a gun with weird growths on them try them first, I remember 2 others i got was a heavy that instead of shooting a rocket just fired a penetrating laser shot, and a smg the shot big ol energy balls but had more damage and a higher proc chance for the element.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

watho posted:

how does this work in conjunction with thin red line? will you get 200% shield capacity if you have that and TRL at 5/3?

Yep. There is also this which works as well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That’s incredibly sick, I think I’d rather run a transformer or something tho

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know if Guardians are considered robots for stuff like Fl4k's Hunter tree?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

watho posted:

Doesn’t it say something like each projectile stuck on an enemy increases their damage by X%?

It does indeed - but I think the issue is that it is multiplying the additive bonus by the number of darts for each dart.
Ie as written:
5 darts with a 5% bonus per dart, each dart should get a 25% bonus, but what the game is doing is 5 darts for a 25% bonus TIMES 5, so a 125% bonus - for each dart.

It really shows on the shotguns that shoot 9+ projectiles if you empty the mag and detonate for something ludicrous like a 45x dart multiplier.
Like even 40 darts at 5% bonus is triple damage - which is beefy, but enemies that would take more than 3 mags to kill go down to one instead.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but whatever the intended effect, the torgue gyrojet shotties absolutely beat the piss out of any other gun if used this way - a few exceptions being crit flak with certain jakobs especially, or the butcher.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 17, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Okay now I get it yeah that might be a bug

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

watho posted:

Okay now I get it yeah that might be a bug

Its pretty fun, though!
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
So it's shotgun amp shields all over again?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Kinda but more broken since it’s way easier to get

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My only complaint which goes for all Borderlands games is I hate the map layouts. There's always one particular path you have to take to get to a spot and it always requires constantly switching to look at my map to make sure I'm taking the correct way instead of hitting a dead end. Just open it up more or at least give me a marked path on the route I should take to get somewhere.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Okay I was at work earlier so I couldn't look up the exact menu options, but here it is.

To change your driving controls to steer with WASD instead of where your mouse is pointing, you first go to controller options.
Then go to the controller menu.
Next, change the "Driving Button Scheme" to "Vehicle Relative: Left Side".

And there you have it, totally normal and straightforward.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dumb question, but how do you host an online co-op game? I can see how to join one easily but not host.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i found the echo log in the splinterlands of maya telling krieg that she promises she'll be back from athenas and now i'm crying :smith:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

:getin:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Solumin posted:

Vladof under-barrel attachments are pretty crazy, actually. The basic ones add a bipod (better stability) or a shotgun, but you can get a grenade or rocket launcher too. The vladof rocket launchers have a single huge nuke as their alternate fire. And elemental pistols get a taser that targets a whole area. They're great.

I haven't used them too much but from what I did try, underbarrel grenades and rockets haven't been too impressive. They're not the easiest thing to hit with because of slow projectile speed, and when they do the damage has been disappointing, especially when you factor in that the time spent changing firing modes and aiming could have been spent just been dumping bullets. But like I said, I need to test them out more.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Maliwan guns having two elements is definitely relevant. Not figured out if Torgue or Atlas alt mods are worth using. And it's probably positive to be able to set Dahl guns to full auto.

"I haven't figured out if the alt fire mode that turns my gun into the Smart Gun from Aliens/Fifth Element is worth using"

Dude.

TRACKING BULLETS

E: Vladof rocket launchers have two underbarrels actually, one is a fuckoff huge rocket that does silly amounts of damage and the other are fast firing micro rockets that are pretty awesome.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 18, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I like the 2x Atlas rifles against bosses.

Wish classic controls reversed how the triangle button works. It's a quick press for switching weapons, and a long press for switching modes. In the heat of battle you really want to be able to instantly change gun modes, the button hold adds too much of a delay.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Arrath posted:

"I haven't figured out if the alt fire mode that turns my gun into the Smart Gun from Aliens/Fifth Element is worth using"

Dude.

TRACKING BULLETS

E: Vladof rocket launchers have two underbarrels actually, one is a fuckoff huge rocket that does silly amounts of damage and the other are fast firing micro rockets that are pretty awesome.

The problem is you have to spend time setting up the tracker darts, then switching to tracking bullets, and it all resets if you kill an enemy or after 12 seconds. Good against bosses or badasses but kinda tedious against normal enemies.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So I just got the worst possible combination for an otherwise amazing prefix/relic:

Behold!

It gives me lovely lifesteal... but then takes away all of my life and gives me shields instead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DarkDobe posted:

So I just got the worst possible combination for an otherwise amazing prefix/relic:

Behold!

It gives me lovely lifesteal... but then takes away all of my life and gives me shields instead.

Combine it with the Moze class mod posted above and it could work. I dunno about melee Moze though...can any classes other than Amara make a melee build work?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

RatHat posted:

The problem is you have to spend time setting up the tracker darts, then switching to tracking bullets, and it all resets if you kill an enemy or after 12 seconds. Good against bosses or badasses but kinda tedious against normal enemies.

The tracking puck kinda rules because if you kill an enemy inside its duration, it pops into the air and zooms to a nearby target and resets its timer

I've got an Atlas launcher with the puck and I can stick it to normal enemies then obliterate them with the rocket barrage. The puck will pop up and attach to someone else for the next barrage. Been handy for clearing packed groups on occasion

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

OK so it turns out difficulty swap doesn't take effect without returning to the main menu, so when I stayed up for 2 hours last night trying to kill this motherfucker, it was not on Easy.

hosed his poo poo up this afternoon after grinding a level, too. gently caress that dumb fight :colbert:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Hey all you fellow epic losers, give me your epic names so I can add you to my epic list of friends to maybe someday group up with and shoot poo poo together

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Arrath posted:

I found a Vladof launcher that had an under barrel that was just a fuckload of mortars.

Also found a COV heavy that was a flamethrower. While it seemed neat, it only did small bursts of fire and chewed through ammo like crazy. It did kill pretty much anything it hit though.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

RatHat posted:

Combine it with the Moze class mod posted above and it could work. I dunno about melee Moze though...can any classes other than Amara make a melee build work?

It doesn't work at all - the lifesteal is absolutely useless.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

RatHat posted:

Yeah they're a bit too much trouble when dealing with normal mobs, besides enforcers. But they really do have their uses.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Even once you all get to endgame which is a neverending lootsplosion, never stop looking at your blues and purples. Sometimes REALLY good poo poo can roll on them.

If it wasn't for Anointing making getting the Perfect Gun waaaay harder, I'd say the endgame is entirely TOO generous with its drops. As soon as I beat the campaign and switched to Mayhem 1, it's basically been a near constant torrent of legendaries everywhere I go. I still prefer this to how insanely stingy BL2 was, but it does take some of the excitement out of seeing a legendary drop.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In case nobody has mentioned this yet, I was incorrect when I said that challenge kill email rewards are profile-wide. They are not, they're also per-character just like the bounty hunt rewards are. Sorry, I guess I just hadn't gotten the same challenge reward mail twice when I said that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Someone else noted you keep getting them for every 100 enemies killed per manufacturer, infinitely. Which is really cool.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

DarkDobe posted:

No but I would like to know how?

To not use the mouse to steer the cars, you need to do one of the dumbest thing for a PC game...

So you'll find no options in the base controls and even keyboards section but if you check the gamepad section in controls (even if you're not using one), there's a control scheme that says something about camera. I changed that to "stick only" and now the car uses WASD to drive/steer and the mouse is used to look around and control the gun/launcher. It's like the camera setting is activated for the car and the camera is moved with the mouse when in the car so it also controls it.

Hopefully it's not how it should work and it'll be patched at some point. I bet so many people just live with the mouse steering because they never look in the gamepad section because why would you when you don't even have one plugged in or not turned on.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
By the way, it's a little thing, but I like how they seem to have finally found a balance with claptrap's more annoying character traits. Like for example, when lillith asks him about Promethea, he actually gives a good answer instead of making a goofy joke and having someone else come in with the real info a la BL2. The game is full of small attempts to walk back the more monkey cheese aspects of series' writing and I really appreciate it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Also the final Clapslist sidequest is... Weirdly sweet?

Anyone know what's up with the sidequests that pop up in Sanctuary sometimes that have absolutely no quest description besides "Go here, kill something" and no dialog? Bug or weird repeatable quest system?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Last night I did the sidequest at the Anvil where you kill the Anointeds and got a legendary SMG that speeds up my slides and gets 2x ROF while sliding so now instead of charging at somebody with a shotgun I’m sliding madly around the map like a deranged soccer player

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Even once you all get to endgame which is a neverending lootsplosion, never stop looking at your blues and purples. Sometimes REALLY good poo poo can roll on them.

If it wasn't for Anointing making getting the Perfect Gun waaaay harder, I'd say the endgame is entirely TOO generous with its drops. As soon as I beat the campaign and switched to Mayhem 1, it's basically been a near constant torrent of legendaries everywhere I go. I still prefer this to how insanely stingy BL2 was, but it does take some of the excitement out of seeing a legendary drop.

There's a blue grenade you get on Eden-6 and it's...bugged. It spawns child grenades but those child grenades also spawn child grenades, so it does poo poo like this. Spoilers for Eden-6 boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NciEoDRs_0A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does "-x% damage reduction" on a class mod apply to damage you deal or take? I'm guessing take, but there have been mods with negative effects before.