Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
In one of the trailers Mads says something like «it’s so hard to form connections when you can’t shake hands» - maybe touching another person is dangerous in some way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The fact that those little bunker things have cargo elevators that go down made me wonder whether these cities are all underground to hide from the Timefall. Which is a neat way to not have to render them in the game world

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's possible everyone is unstuck in time, and can't actually interact directly with one another, all existing in the meta equivalent of separate servers/copies of the same broken timeline.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think it’s just an isolation thing, everyone is shut up in their private bunkers because they’re afraid to go outside.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

The hazmat guys look pretty clumsy when they're swinging at Sam in the trailer. I wonder if this is an unintended effect of the animation (or to reflect the suits they are wearing), or is it because Sam is invisible to them and they're just flailing at where they think he is? They're wearing the same detector arms that he uses to detect the ghosts.

Quoting this theory that I love from pages ago

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Zaphod42 posted:

So, Deadman appeared to be a hologram, and Geoff Keighley's character is also a hologram.

It could be they're just tele-casting in, but the way Geoff's character talks in the gameplay video... and the fact that you're transporting eggs and sperm to the cities...

like, why would they need eggs and sperm? Supplies to survive makes sense, but why can't they just mate with each other in the city? Unless there's some kind of Children of Men thing going on where women can't get prengant...

I'm guessing that the plot is most people are like AI simulations of people who used to exist? And most of the "cities" are just servers with the souls / AI recordings of people's brains?

And the plot of the game is trying to reboot humanity by using stores of eggs and sperm to build cities of living people?

Is Norman Reedus the last man alive?

I had autotranslate on and I believe it said that while the cities still keep mostly to themselves, genetic diversity is always welcome.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i just like that the game is basically gonna be this but with packages of jizz, piss mechanics, sovereign citizens dressed as the CDC monsters from monsters inc and death ghosts and baby that can detect them. also ghost babies that bit tits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiFNt8nGffA

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RatHat posted:

I think it’s just an isolation thing, everyone is shut up in their private bunkers because they’re afraid to go outside.

yea I dig the 'unstuck in time' kinda theories but I think it's gonna be that humanity is mostly all holed up in bunkers and communicating through holograms and all

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Are any of the first gameplay vids from TGS with subtitles? Even like a fan translation

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

Are any of the first gameplay vids from TGS with subtitles? Even like a fan translation

Why, are you on the fence about whether or you’re going to purchase the new Hideo Kojima game?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Kojima is a master.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1173043535601291264

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ah yes, operation Rainbow Crab

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

You're most vulnerable peeing/pooping, so relegating the act of making GBS threads to a safe space in-game makes sense. I get it now. Kojima is a genius.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

It's been mentioned that Sam has a "Chiral Allergy", which I'm guessing means he can't be around people or he hurts them in some way. Thus the holograms and hazmat suits.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

teagone posted:

You're most vulnerable peeing/pooping, so relegating the act of making GBS threads to a safe space in-game makes sense. I get it now. Kojima is a genius.

I mean I disagree? I think I’m most dangerous when I’m peeing or pooping so...

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Like if I close my eyes right now and imagine me peeing, that’s basically the last dude I’d ever want to launch a surprise attack on

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bedshaped posted:

according to reddit on monday they'll have a dubbed version of the private room gameplay but not sure about anything else

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The typical human bladder can hold like 700ml of liquid...

So I'm wondering what else is coming out of his urethra.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bedshaped posted:

The typical human bladder can hold like 700ml of liquid...

So I'm wondering what else is coming out of his urethra.

Norman's peeing for two.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So yeah, Monster Energy managed to survive the Death Stranding. Further disproving the existence of god.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD0CzUi4MD8

This is legit a good song. I've heard it like all of 1 time during the TGS demo, and already its wormed its way into my head, and I found myself humming it today, so I had to track it down and listen to it again.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

ymgve posted:

In one of the trailers Mads says something like «it’s so hard to form connections when you can’t shake hands» - maybe touching another person is dangerous in some way

that's troy baker's character.

norman reedus said the game is about his character being afraid to be touched and overcoming that.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

redreader posted:

This game is about connections and linking people together. Everyone we've seen is a hologram. I drew a different conclusion to other people: everyone is in a parallel world so Sam is really alone. The connections he's establishing are to link all of the separated people together from all of the worlds.

But I must have missed something from the trailers. Also what I said doesn't make sense when it comes to the enemies. They're all there and real in Sam's world. But the stuff with the ladders being left from other players does support my theory.

This is a cool idea, except in the one trailer where the guy gets pinned under the truck, they are making physical contact, and in the other trailer Sam is carrying Mama on his back.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually like that this game doesn't seem to be designed around just going from place to place and shooting at enemy outposts like every other open world game. Whether or not Koj can make just walking around entertaining remains to be seen but he's got a good enough track record and I've been wanting to see an open world game that doesn't totally revolve around combat for a good long while. To my knowledge it isn't even something that has been attempted yet.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I was hoping this would be more spooky based on the original trailer and stuff. I guess there's still plenty of time

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Are there for real monster energy product placements in here

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It should be Mother Base-brand Monster.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1173856088677990400

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD0CzUi4MD8

This is legit a good song. I've heard it like all of 1 time during the TGS demo, and already its wormed its way into my head, and I found myself humming it today, so I had to track it down and listen to it again.

Yep, that song was is pretty awesome, and that trailer had a really impressive athmosphere thanks to it. Kojima knows how to pick good songs. Without him, I'd never have heard "Here's to you" (which was used in a MGS5 trailer) and would never have found out that Morricone was giving concerts in europe at that time. It was a very, very awesome evening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp420cZZ0c4
(not the actual concert I visited)

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I am so happy Kojima included "The Path" on the release date trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qveIUy7WLME

These guys deserve all the attention in the world.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Mads always looks so loving confused when he's around Kojima lol

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

ThomasPaine posted:

Mads always looks so loving confused when he's around Kojima lol

I imagine Kojima just yammers at him in Japanese and there's no translator around.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Does Mads smoke weed?

Does Kojima smoke weed?

Do they smoke weed together?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Mads yes Kojima no, if I had to guess. HK seems straight edge to me

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Colonel Whitey posted:

Mads yes Kojima no, if I had to guess. HK seems straight edge to me

Isn't it also incredibly illegal to the point of destroying your career in japan?

Imagine an LSD induced Kojima game, can they get any crazier than his games already are?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

veni veni veni posted:

I actually like that this game doesn't seem to be designed around just going from place to place and shooting at enemy outposts like every other open world game. Whether or not Koj can make just walking around entertaining remains to be seen but he's got a good enough track record and I've been wanting to see an open world game that doesn't totally revolve around combat for a good long while. To my knowledge it isn't even something that has been attempted yet.

Except the game is about going from place to place and clearing out enemy outposts?

There's more focus on walking and less on shooting but its very much the same game style.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

PhantomPayne posted:

Isn't it also incredibly illegal to the point of destroying your career in japan?

Imagine an LSD induced Kojima game, can they get any crazier than his games already are?

Yeah I think lucid Kojima is more interesting than a theoretical high Kojima. He can barely keep a story held together as it is, if he was constantly tripping it would just be purely incoherent

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Better question, does Mads need to be high to enjoy Kojima’s company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

They seem like they genuinely get on - Mads surprised Kojima on his birthday with a cake he baked for him.