Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

I miss the giant sushi tray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.

Fly Molo posted:

Does anyone here use the Costco auto insurance? They keep sending me offers and stuff, right now I’ve got Geico.

I have Costco auto and renter's insurance and it is by far the best deal I've come across. I get really solid auto coverage for $320 every 6 months. Rental insurance is $130 yearly for 60K of property loss coverage and a really good liability coverage plan.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bring back the poké

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Bring back the poké

Wait, is it really just gone? I know that my local warehouse wouldn't have it every day.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

High_Life posted:

Brethren,

Lo and behold Mecca. After a meeting at the holiest of chapels at thine sacred headquarters, I about faced only to find a missionary facility serving up the dog of our lord. PBUC. dog, onion, mustard, and a Pepsi. Hallow be free refill.

Oh hey that's Issaquah! I stop at that one when we go hiking on the east side. I recognized it without even reading the context.

We went to the restaurant supply one in Renton a couple weeks ago and I keep meaning to post pictures.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Postin from the food court.

Two slices of pepperoni and a drink for 5 bux

This trip I got all the boring poo poo I’ve been holding out on. Socks, underwear and bed sheets. My fitted sheet is pilling and getting shredded, so my cheap rear end flipped it to the other side to make it last. My socks have had holes in them, so I either wear them anyway or wear my increasingly dwindling supply. Underwear triggers laundry day which, gently caress that.

30 bucks for a flannel set which I hope is more durable. It also didn’t come with pillowcases I don’t need. PBUC

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Oh hey that's Issaquah! I stop at that one when we go hiking on the east side. I recognized it without even reading the context.

We went to the restaurant supply one in Renton a couple weeks ago and I keep meaning to post pictures.

I loved the Renton store when it was close. We still have our stainless mixing bowls which were one of the best purchases we made.

I have yet to find our DC Costco home. The Pentagon City location parking situation stresses me out. The other locations are really far. I miss the straight drive to good ol' Costco #1 in Seattle.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I dropped my truck off for some tires. NH friend sees a 30 second delay and gets a drat slice.

Didn't even get me anything.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

StormDrain posted:

I dropped my truck off for some tires. NH friend sees a 30 second delay and gets a drat slice.

:sever:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I used to work at the theater behind that Costco, I ate so many hot dogs there back in '97.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Restaurant supply / Renton Costco (they got rid of a lot of their restaurant supply items, but they still have the restaurant sized food)

5 gallons of soy sauce

5 pounds of butter

An entire lamb carcass

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Business Costco is the best, it is dead slow and has a ton of cool stuff. There is one up north of Seattle in Lynnwood.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I’m at the Canberra Costco, waiting for the only cheap fuel in the city.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

:actually: The flannel sheets were a bad move

Just like the shirts, it is really toasty to even just lay on. Great in the winter, but it's not winter yet.

Luckily it was only 30 bucks so I can afford to just take the L on this one, get a linen set and store it for later. I didn't even know flannel sheets were a thing until today and I mainly just wanted something that wouldn't get shredded in the wash even on the suggested settings.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Peachfart posted:

Business Costco is the best, it is dead slow and has a ton of cool stuff. There is one up north of Seattle in Lynnwood.

There's also one in Fife. It's awesome!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Just like the shirts, it is really toasty to even just lay on. Great in the winter, but it's not winter yet.

Luckily it was only 30 bucks so I can afford to just take the L on this one, get a linen set and store it for later. I didn't even know flannel sheets were a thing until today and I mainly just wanted something that wouldn't get shredded in the wash even on the suggested settings.

If you want a thorough guide to sheets, here's a start: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-sheets/

We got the Cuddledown flannel sheets and they're lovely, but yeah, in the winter. We have the Kirkland percale for guest sheets and they do the trick.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

skooma512 posted:

What if you got a better washer instead of living your entire life around the idea that your fabrics will get shredded in the wash?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Trip report on the Marmot hoodie. Feels comfy and doesn't fit overly baggy. Should serve me well once the temperature drops.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Fly Molo posted:

Does anyone here use the Costco auto insurance? They keep sending me offers and stuff, right now I’ve got Geico.

We have Geico too and did a rate comparison, and Costco came out cheaper. We had a recent accident though so they won't take our policy right away. Alas.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

StormDrain posted:

I was so excited to get tires for my truck at Costco

They don't seem to have any in my size :negative:

P265/75R15 15X7J

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
My wife and I were kinda undecided what to have for dinner, so we decided to run over to the 'sco and try a couple things we hadn't had yet. Grabbed a rotisserie chicken which I've already deboned and a chicken pot pie that has about 45 minutes left to cook. Can't wait to tuck into that!

It felt weird walking past the food court without partaking in a hot dog (with refill) though... maybe for lunch tomorrow after I mow the lawn.

PBUC!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Taima posted:

What if you got a better washer instead of living your entire life around the idea that your fabrics will get shredded in the wash?

:thunk: now that’s an idea

Or at least learn how to properly wash my poo poo so that doesn’t happen.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I was contemplating buying the Kirkland protein bars for a convenient school snack since people from a few pages back were reporting they were good/improved, but my past experience with them was so bad (I struggled mightily to finish about 3 and threw the rest away) that I just got some Clif bars and Pacific Gold beef sticks (individually wrapped, nice) instead.

I also got the BITCHIN' dip thanks to this thread. Hope it's good.

I feel like the food court pizza used to be better imo; thicker with more sauce. Had a combo slice today and the ratio of dough/sauce/toppings feels off to me. I dunno. Could just be looking through rose tinted glasses.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Taima posted:

I do all the clothes washing in my house because my wife somehow manages to gently caress up the washer settings and destroy clothing constantly, even though she is perfectly fine doing any other far more complicated task.
Some people just want to wash everything on hot I guess.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
gently caress, the stuffed salmon I got today was bad. smelled weird while cooling down on the counter and some bites were decent, others were off. feel miserable after eating that piece too. why costco :(

AF fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 15, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
My boyfriend is getting surgery next week and I asked him what favorite foods he wanted me to cook him during recovery.

He said Costco hotdogs and steaks lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My boyfriend is getting surgery next week and I asked him what favorite foods he wanted me to cook him during recovery.

Put a ring on it.

One from Costco Obv.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Congratulations on finding your dream man.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
At church, taking the plunge on a $10 Sherpa.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

AF posted:

gently caress, the stuffed salmon I got today was bad. smelled weird while cooling down on the counter and some bites were decent, others were off. feel miserable after eating that piece too. why costco :(

Get a refund. My general rule of thumb is; If it smells weird. Don't eat it.

But I can understand that maybe the salmon and crab combo might be a reason to be less concerned, if food smells weird AFTER I cook it. We got a problem. It's such a good deal tho. 3 fillets STUFFED to the brim with real crab? For like $17-20 buckos? PBUC!

May your gut not be rotted.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

SirPablo posted:

At church, taking the plunge on a $10 Sherpa.

Got one of these last night, feeling blessed.

Also Dedham, MA Costco now has alcohol in the store!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have an L shaped couch and I got the king sized and its perfection. Its loving huge and comfortable and all the ladies love it.

Just lol if you are single and don't have a sherpa on your couch.

The sherpa is pro tier snuggling equipment.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It rules when it gets cool at night and I can bust out my Sherpa hoodie.

Sherpa fleece everywhere.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I was thinking about grabbing one of those on my walk home, even if it is 90 degrees

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My cat only snuggles with me if a sherpa is involved. Looking forward to buying my annual blanket since the fleece goes all clumpy after a while. I was holding off until there was a sale.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Get a refund. My general rule of thumb is; If it smells weird. Don't eat it.

But I can understand that maybe the salmon and crab combo might be a reason to be less concerned, if food smells weird AFTER I cook it. We got a problem. It's such a good deal tho. 3 fillets STUFFED to the brim with real crab? For like $17-20 buckos? PBUC!

May your gut not be rotted.

Got one the next day no questions asked, PBUC. I took the label off the packaging and stuck it to a memo pad piece of paper just in case - I think they appreciated being able to scan it. Appreciate your sympathy; felt really weird for the rest of the night but was OK the next morning.

On the plus side, the BITCHIN' sauce/dip is extremely tasty. It's been in the house but a couple days and it's almost gone. The hazelnut filled crepes that were on sale are oookay. I find the crepe itself a little too dry.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Bitchin sauce has claimed another

PB(itchin)UC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I've never had the sauce before but I have family coming on from England and I am going to introduce them to the sauce.

If they don't like it I'm probably gonna get them deported.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chocolates of the world seems okay this year. I left them at a work site on Monday. Hopefully theres some left when I go back there tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
are the black baby bells good? I always buy the red ones when they're on sale