Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Theft by medics is getting out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

MA-Horus posted:

Just like

is it SOP in Marine Artillery to gently caress with the firing mechanism with a round in the tube? Where installing it means actuating it and possibly NDing a 155 round down range? There are so many loving questions there, Jesus.

No, it's actually SOP to call MISFIRE and not touch the drat thing for two or three minutes before yanking the cord again. Then if no, fire wait for longer before popping the firing mech and checking the primer for a dent.

The firing mech on a 777 is a lot like the one on a 198 or a Paladin, same cannon tube. The whole "can be installed upside down" thing has been a known issue that could have been solved with some CAD machining before the 777 entered production. I'm not sure if procurement or that guys section chief are the bigger idiot.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Steezo posted:

No, it's actually SOP to call MISFIRE and not touch the drat thing for two or three minutes before yanking the cord again. Then if no, fire wait for longer before popping the firing mech and checking the primer for a dent.

The firing mech on a 777 is a lot like the one on a 198 or a Paladin, same cannon tube. The whole "can be installed upside down" thing has been a known issue that could have been solved with some CAD machining before the 777 entered production. I'm not sure if procurement or that guys section chief are the bigger idiot.

You're right, it's something that should have been poka-yoke'd out at proof of concept phase.

Procurement are always idiots. But the section chief is 100% certified dipshit for not following misfire procedure, and one of his troops paid the price for it.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

I had a heatstroke and got hauled off in the ambulance during basic (happens to someone in every platoon). The fun part was when a roach followed me into the ambulance, and the guy giving me the silver bullet tried to stomp it at the same time he was taking my temperature. It felt like he was fencing my loving prostate :gonk:

Can't they just put a thermometer under your tongue / in your ear?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The argument is that anywhere other than your core doesn’t give you a true core body temp. I think different organs have different tolerances to heat, maybe?

Having said that, I think medics are looking for reasons to nakedize people and stick things in their butts after giving them a scrub with icy blankets :v:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

MomJeans420 posted:

Can't they just put a thermometer under your tongue / in your ear?

If they did that people might report heatstroke before being half dead, though.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I had a heatstroke and got hauled off in the ambulance during basic (happens to someone in every platoon). The fun part was when a roach followed me into the ambulance, and the guy giving me the silver bullet tried to stomp it at the same time he was taking my temperature. It felt like he was fencing my loving prostate :gonk:

Gonna keep some roaches in my pocket now just for this

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just do what I did when threatened with the old butthole temp check: tell them that you don't consent and will fight to your dying breath.

All of a sudden a lot more options become available.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

My doctor buddy says that when car crash victims come into the ER, they have to stick a finger up their butt to check their tone and make sure they don't have spinal injuries, but he also seems like the kind of guy who would find a reason to stick his finger in the your rear end so I don't know if that's really a common thing or not.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ulmont posted:

If they did that people might report heatstroke before being half dead, though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
American doctors still want to put a knuckle up yer bum for a prostate check when the rest of the civilized world has relied on a blood test for more than a decade so...

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

not caring here posted:

American doctors still want to put a knuckle up yer bum for a prostate check when the rest of the civilized world has relied on a blood test for more than a decade so...

Proving that American health care and insurance companies want to bend you over every chance they get

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

not caring here posted:

My VA primary care doc ordered a blood test and said the finger test was outdated so maybe your doc just really likes you

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

not caring here posted:

The true way to know is if they do the exam, but still have both hands on your shoulders 🤔

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

MomJeans420 posted:

My doctor buddy says that when car crash victims come into the ER, they have to stick a finger up their butt to check their tone and make sure they don't have spinal injuries, but he also seems like the kind of guy who would find a reason to stick his finger in the your rear end so I don't know if that's really a common thing or not.

For serious trauma, yeah that’s true. In western Washington, that’s called the Harborview Handshake.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Talk about adding insult to injury

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Read from bottom to top:

https://www.reddit.com/user/CrownVicStuntin

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

:stonk:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

What a swell guy

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://www.reddit.com/user/CrownVicStuntin/posts/

Actually whoops mobile this is what you need to get the story in just 6 sentences but I gather you guys figured it out already

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 14, 2019

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Page not found. I’m guessing a story of overpriced cars, bad loans, and attempts to hide a DUI?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Reddit sucks:

https://imgur.com/a/FAPyIJQ

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

https://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

The true way to know is if they do the exam, but still have both hands on your shoulders 🤔

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7Smfu27QE

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
No context provided

Zipperelli. posted:

Dunno how OSHA this is, but it fits the thread title to a T.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krummlauf

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

`Nemesis posted:

No context provided

I'm surprised no one warned him about the dangers of excess masturbation

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

boots gonna boot

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
uh, were in line behind him?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Sitting in the foyer at a court I guess you *could* be there for a non-dumb-decisions reason.

Anyway.

Anyone want half a dozen Bradleys? Yours for the taking but you have to pick up.

https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/1174875031547056128?s=20

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
And their crews will still get bitched out for not having the PMCS done on Monday.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Memento posted:

Sitting in the foyer at a court I guess you *could* be there for a non-dumb-decisions reason.

Anyway.

Anyone want half a dozen Bradleys? Yours for the taking but you have to pick up.

https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/1174875031547056128?s=20

Aren't Bradleys those deathtraps no other country would buy without structural modifications? I'll pass.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're just gonna get pinched by some enterprising methheads for scrap

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Aren't Bradleys those deathtraps no other country would buy without structural modifications? I'll pass.

They are, and yet every fucker I’ve talked to that was on them loved them and thought they were the greatest fighting vehicle ever invented.

Which, I guess against lightly armed insurgents and fourth-tier armored forces i guess they do well enough. I still wouldn’t want to get in a proper shootout with anything with teeth in those towering monstrosities.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Sheridan crews also loved their vehicles (because none of the crews who were shot at survived to complain)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Splode posted:

Sheridan crews also loved their vehicles (because none of the crews who were shot at survived to complain)

At least Sheridans had neat gimmicks like being air-droppable and firing gently caress off big missiles out the tank barrel.

Brads are just cramped, over exposed and undergunned.

Of course, ive been on Strykers this whole time so :cry:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Oh and speaking of Strykers in the Idiots thread:

At least the inkwork is solid, even if the subject matter is cringeworthy as gently caress

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Thump! posted:

At least the inkwork is solid, even if the subject matter is cringeworthy as gently caress

Anyone else seeing Death in the back of the Stryker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Did he use the stryker as a coverup for that bird/cloud thing in the same area on the first pic? :psyduck: