Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gutcruncher posted:

The coolest thing GameStop would do is get shipments of obscure but recently surged in popularity games and instead of selling it for the normal price the publisher says to sell it at, they would rip the plastic off call it used then sell it used for far more money.

It takes real balls

My dumbest Gamestop experience was when I bought Dead Space since it was a bit cheaper there than other places during the first week. The register monkey actually had the gall to suggest that I might want to get a used copy they'd just got in instead. It was more expensive and he couldn't guarantee that the code for the DLC hadn't been used.
It's no wonder they've closed down most of their stores in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Is Amazon the only place to get one of those 8Bitdo controllers? I'm the last human being on the planet who doesn't have a credit card.

MicroCenter has them and for like $5 less.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I'm gonna buy Link's Awakening so that they remaster Wario Land 3 or 4.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Silver Snail posted:

Remastering all those games in the style of Shake It would own so much.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

now i'm annoyed smash doesnt have any new remixes from link's awakening

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
I'll stan for Membrane, which is a puzzle platformer with a weird aesthetic. You have to traverse single-screen rooms by shooting blocks to form bridges or ramps to get around the various hazards in each level. The physics work pretty well, the puzzles are well thought out, and there's the occasional difficulty spike, but it's never anything insurmountable. It goes on sale pretty regularly, but I think it's worth it at full price.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

The Silver Snail posted:

holy loving poo poo this would be so good

It's weird how much of a perfect little game Wario Land 3 is imo, the amount of creativity pumped into such a simple game/console is downright genius

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Virtual Boy Wario Land is the one that needs a remake, so everyone can enjoy it, instead of just us elite few who don't mind lasers to the eyeballs.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

there's a new promo going on for Luigi's Mansion 3, where if you preorder you get 300 extra coins, and then 300 more when it comes out. 600 coins means $6 off whatever your next game is.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

holy loving poo poo this would be so good

It's weird how much of a perfect little game Wario Land 3 is imo, the amount of creativity pumped into such a simple game/console is downright genius

3 is the only one I haven’t really played. I’m looking forward to it since I love 2 and 2 + Metroidvania sounds awesome.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It is nearly time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
GameStop has been one of the scummiest stores around for decades. Back in the day when save data was stored on carts it was common to buy a "new" copy of a game from GameStop still in the shrink wrap, get it home and find save games on the cart.

I did enjoy the manager ranting and raving about how downloading games is a fad no one wants when I bought a PSP Go on clearance.

In unrelated news, the PSP Go is the best retro games console around and nothing else even comes close.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

One of my co-workers was a store manager at a Gamestop where they kept paying her the wage for assistant store manager, didn't let her take the Switch that Gamestop lets store managers have, and gave her the option of either quitting or being fired when she got robbed at gunpoint at the store.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BGrifter posted:

GameStop has been one of the scummiest stores around for decades. Back in the day when save data was stored on carts it was common to buy a "new" copy of a game from GameStop still in the shrink wrap, get it home and find save games on the cart.

I did enjoy the manager ranting and raving about how downloading games is a fad no one wants when I bought a PSP Go on clearance.

In unrelated news, the PSP Go is the best retro games console around and nothing else even comes close.

PS Vita says hi

Man I still can't get links awakening to actually check out on shopto, I'm not paying £50 if there's any chance I can pay £40 :(

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Meijer stores (midwest retail chain) are going to run a generic 10% off coupon on Friday and Saturday. Should work on Switch lite and Zelda.

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

there's a new promo going on for Luigi's Mansion 3, where if you preorder you get 300 extra coins, and then 300 more when it comes out. 600 coins means $6 off whatever your next game is.

Thats a great reason to spend 80$!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Viller posted:

Thats a great reason to spend 80$!

Where’s it $80?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Do you get any of that when you use a voucher?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just used my last voucher for goty Luigi's Mansion 3. The wait is gonna kill me

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The time has come but I am sadly suffering from erectile dysfunction.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

Super Mario Maker 2's currently $60AUD on Amazon and at JB Hi-Fi.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

PS Vita is a boat anchor compared to a PSP Go.

I still own one and a Vita TV too though. Clearance Sony hardware owns.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Port FFT and Tactics Ogre to Switch, then my PSP is useless.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Just finished Super Mario Odyssey. What a charming and chill game. That Pauline :allears:. Will grab some more moons to check out everything left though.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

When do Switch games usually unlock? When I buy Link's Awakening as a digital download, when will it unlock?

WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO RELIVE MY YOUTH???

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

tuo posted:

"Nevermore," :coal:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Astral Chain
Case 3
gently caress fighting the arms legion. I was trying to do it nice and stylish, but all the gunk everywhere and narrow battlefield meant the battle was going very badly.
Until I said screw this and just wailed on him from behind with the sword legion on the opposite side. We killed it hella fast after that.

Also, what was that weird gold slime?

Is it weird that the gang members hosed me up more than any other encounter so far? :( Those molotov cocktails hurt...and I was probably underestimating them. Also lol at the guy who was following me to the Burger King when they engaged me.

I'm somewhat conflicted on the cop parts.
On the one hand I feel like they take a lot of time (possibly too much?), on the other hand I sort of like them and I actually feel pretty good when I successfully finish the entire investigation.

It helps fill out the world I guess.

Also surely Gendo Ikari Yoseph has our best interests in mind.
I'm going to change my terrible hair from Fire Emblem Royal Blue to black now. I'll be the emo cop.

I'm loving this game.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:argh:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

tuo posted:

When do Switch games usually unlock? When I buy Link's Awakening as a digital download, when will it unlock?

1st party titles are 12am Eastern.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

Astral Chain
Case 3

An achievement thing. There's one in every case.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

American McGay posted:

So that means it unlocks in a little over 19 hours?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

American McGay posted:

If my timezone-knowledge works (which means putting it into google and hoping for the best) that means around 18:00 o`clock at my place. Sounds fine, dinner is overrated anyways!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just preordered Link's Awakening for 62.66 USD and I regret nothing.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
What are the big 1st party games coming out after Luigis Mansion 3?

I've got 1 voucher left I'm gonna use on either that or Pokemon, but I'm debating picking up a few more.

Xenoblade 1 comes out like late next year or something probably, so I'm just wondering what's good in between then.

It's not exactly a huge saving but by getting 4 vouchers it is almost like 4 games for the price of 3.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

Astral Chain
Case 3
gently caress fighting the arms legion. I was trying to do it nice and stylish, but all the gunk everywhere and narrow battlefield meant the battle was going very badly.
Until I said screw this and just wailed on him from behind with the sword legion on the opposite side. We killed it hella fast after that.

Yeah anytime you have to fight with stage hazards like goop or landmines can end really poorly. On that note P* why do you let me fall off the stage when I'm in a combo.

quote:

There's one in every stage, there's an achievement/order to kill it. They only seem to take damage from legions so I find them really hard to kill.

quote:

Is it weird that the gang members hosed me up more than any other encounter so far? :( Those molotov cocktails hurt...and I was probably underestimating them. Also lol at the guy who was following me to the Burger King when they engaged me.
Not really, humans don't have the red glowy attack indicators so it's harder to tell when they're going to attack you, which makes things tough in a game where your dodge has very little iframes.

quote:

I'm somewhat conflicted on the cop parts.
On the one hand I feel like they take a lot of time (possibly too much?), on the other hand I sort of like them and I actually feel pretty good when I successfully finish the entire investigation.

I found it nice to have each stage broken down into a quiet investigation part and a go fast action stage, but sometimes it can take a long time to really scour the investigation parts to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
hey is anyone else incredibly excited to play link's awakening? :dogcited:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Your Computer posted:

hey is anyone else incredibly excited to play link's awakening? :dogcited:

me

i will probably die of ecstasy in the animal village

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone got their hands on some early switch lites yet? That’s officially coming tomorrow so stores must already have stocks.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
The Walmart nearest me has had them on the shelves since Tuesday night and a couple of hours ago I saw people buying them, so there should be plenty of good looks at them today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Drizvolta posted:

Yeah anytime you have to fight with stage hazards like goop or landmines can end really poorly. On that note P* why do you let me fall off the stage when I'm in a combo.

There's one in every stage, there's an achievement/order to kill it. They only seem to take damage from legions so I find them really hard to kill.

Not really, humans don't have the red glowy attack indicators so it's harder to tell when they're going to attack you, which makes things tough in a game where your dodge has very little iframes.

I found it nice to have each stage broken down into a quiet investigation part and a go fast action stage, but sometimes it can take a long time to really scour the investigation parts to make sure you haven't missed anything.

I fell off a stage once as well, I think it was against the Cerberus. :(

Golden slime. I wasn't sure if I was doing damage against that thing, but it was super fast so I figured I was missing it most of the time. But that might explain it.

At least I did think of taking a picture for the scrapbook. :v:

I can't wait to go further and while I haven't finished yet, I really hope they do another game in the series and further sharpen the game.