Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tainen posted:

$449

lol

so like 800 in stuff if you can somehow get through the ebay/hasbroshop fuckup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Each of those mouths spends all its time whispering about crypto and blockchain and the cloud.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
So is that the only way to get a non-foil Kenrith? Wonder if that means they won't allow proxies of it.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

moush posted:

So is that the only way to get a non-foil Kenrith? Wonder if that means they won't allow proxies of it.

They can also show up in the collectors boosters (they opened one on stream).

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Instant speed Voice!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tainen posted:

Instant speed Voice!
Wow

I was just thinking the 2nd draw deck was going to suffer without voice

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I love that the flavor text is R&D’s thoughts on the card

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I don’t know why but the named knights having the title “Syr” really grinds my gears.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Wyrdo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tainen posted:

Instant speed Voice!

ah hell yeah, Phoenix isn't dead yet! and even if it is im still gonna play it, i dont care

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hellsau posted:

so like 800 in stuff if you can somehow get through the ebay/hasbroshop fuckup?

hell put an order in on the spec that they'll screw up, fail to honor it, and send you a couple shut up gifts worth fifty bucks or whatever. if your order goes through you flip it for 200%+ or whatever. win-win

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tainen posted:

This is a good mouse

well guess I have to run whatever makes these

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
So in the collector's edition is every card a fancy alter or is it like the other ones they released where you get a shiny box with fewer packs and a few special packs with a single copy or so of a premium card?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

I don’t know why but the named knights having the title “Syr” really grinds my gears.

I think Maro said it was to make it gender neutral or something.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Framboise posted:

I was ambivalent before this but I can hear the morons screaming now so I'm in favor

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Wild Guess has come a long way

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I evaluate this as Bad Davriel, and I really like Davriel in limited, so this is probably a solid 1x pick, maaaaybe 2x. Mind rot and face damage in one card isn't terrible.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I evaluate this as Bad Davriel, and I really like Davriel in limited, so this is probably a solid 1x pick, maaaaybe 2x. Mind rot and face damage in one card isn't terrible.

Naw this card is incredible in any slow limited format. If you can get to 7 mana reliably, then this card does a lot of work - jam it on turn 4, wait to snipe their last 2 cards, or just rip it off the top and have a big beefy dude.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

I don't think the red common land got posted. Probably good in mono-Red? Cavalcade loves free 1/1s.

Some other commons:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

More expensive Mind Rot is super meh. It's a bit more complicated because it's got draw a card stapled to it but idk I don't think it's very good. The format has to have very little board presence for the card to be reasonable.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tulul posted:

I don't think the red common land got posted. Probably good in mono-Red? Cavalcade loves free 1/1s.

Having your lands come into play untapped is so important in red aggro that I don't think that is its home

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah by the time you have 3 untapped mountains, the game is like 75% over.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Oddly, this could take the place of Tomb Scour in dredge decks since it is also a cheap blocker late game when you're trying to stall out for a finishing Chill or Conflagrate.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Oddly, this could take the place of Tomb Scour in dredge decks since it is also a cheap blocker late game when you're trying to stall out for a finishing Chill or Conflagrate.

I think that's less important than 5 cards until/unless they start running something that counts creatures in GY.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I think that's less important than 5 cards until/unless they start running something that counts creatures in GY.

Perhaps. It'll be crazy in any Vengevine variant.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Framboise posted:

Can you not call a woman Sir in real life?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Justin_Brett posted:

I think the proper term is Dame, as in Dame Judi Dench.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Justin_Brett posted:

The female variant for "Sir" is "Dame".

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Elyv posted:

Having your lands come into play untapped is so important in red aggro that I don't think that is its home
Yeah, this is coming in tapped the majority of the time on all the current mono-red decks. Maybe a Boros or Rakdos deck will want the free 1/1, maybe?

AlternateNu posted:

The female variant for "Sir" is "Dame".
Or Ma'am, in a military context

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 20, 2019

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
'ser' may or may not be copyrighted by Game of Thrones, too, so they went with the next vowel that worked

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

ungulateman posted:

'ser' may or may not be copyrighted by Game of Thrones, too, so they went with the next vowel that worked

if you're going from i in the direction of e, then a is actually the next vowel

it's a, i, e, o, u and sometimes y

e: I guess this depends on one's sense of which vowels 'work'

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Sir derives etymologically from the french sire; ma'am and dame are both not the female variant. On a technical level, sir isn't gendered; it's only considered gendered because knights and kings were both predominantly men historically.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sampatrick posted:

Sir derives etymologically from the french sire; ma'am and dame are both not the female variant. On a technical level, sir isn't gendered; it's only considered gendered because knights and kings were both predominantly men historically.

Women who are knighted gain the title "Dame". The etymology doesn't loving matter, dude. So, yes. "Dame" is the female variant of "sir".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

frankly shoulda followed the model of "Dyme John Smith"

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Women who are knighted gain the title "Dame". The etymology doesn't loving matter, dude. So, yes. "Dame" is the female variant of "sir".

it is the equivalent title but it is not the same title. a female knight in a feudal society 600 years ago would be referred to as sir, not dame. similarly, in most countries except for relatively recently, king was used for both kings and queens who ruled in their own right.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This could all be fixed by changing honorifics to "guys" and "dolls"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9lhzvQV1M

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Broads live it when you call em dames.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I thought I read somewhere that Syr is also the welsh gender neutral term for knights anyway, which fits with the Arthurian (British Isles) myth as inspiration.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Is "Syr" pronounced the same as "sir"? Not sure how else to pronounce it, so I'll just be calling everyone "sir so-and-so", which just sounds like using the male form of a gendered word as the default. Not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

TacoNight posted:

Is "Syr" pronounced the same as "sir"? Not sure how else to pronounce it, so I'll just be calling everyone "sir so-and-so", which just sounds like using the male form of a gendered word as the default. Not great.

I'm going with pronouncing it "syr".

GreyjoyBastard posted:

frankly shoulda followed the model of "Dyme John Smith"

Or this.