Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

13Pandora13 posted:

Hrm, I'm thinking more sherpa banana hamock.

I don't have balls, but if I did I bet :feelsgood:

Could get a little too shweaty but might be perfect for some!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

uli2000 posted:

My pro tier tip on the Baby Belles: Before consuming, leave them out unrefridgerated for a bit to come up to room termp. I always ate them straight out of the fridge and while good, they were kinda bland. One day, coming home from church, we missed them while we were putting perishibles in the coolers (I live almost 4 hours from church, gotta bring the coolers and the insulated bags) and found them in the blessed box with the non perishable items. I decided to open one up to make sure it was ok. I was amazed at the creamy texture and flavor after they came to room temp. Now when we get them Ill pull them out of the fridge for an hour or so before eating them.

Turns out you're supposed to do that with lots of cheeses, I didn't know that because good Costco cheese never lasts an hour out of the fridge at my house.

You are a true disciple, friend.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Taima posted:

The ones in the USA are also not good.

Are they the same ingredients? For Korea it's quite bad; if I saw this in America I'd be downright offended.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

Hrm, I'm thinking more sherpa banana hamock.

I don't have balls, but if I did I bet :feelsgood:

I stand corrected, I want this more than the crotchless sherpa pants. Keep my boys nice and toasty when it's cold outside.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sherpa sweatshirt has returned

Still just naked cold polyester in the arms

What monster designed this

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

E_P posted:

Are they the same ingredients? For Korea it's quite bad; if I saw this in America I'd be downright offended.

Nah they're a bit different:

The main problem is the chicken is super dry, and nothing about the kit is that good or flavorful. It would be serviceable for a last minute dinner if they fixed the meat.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Holy poo poo. I have been informed that you can buy the churros frozen from the Costco food court and fry them at home.

This is a party revelation. Chocolate and/or cinnamon-sugar dipped churros, fresh? Yes please.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
We like those chicken tacos for a real quick lazy meal.

Sometimes we don’t even bother warming the chicken because we are swine

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Taima posted:

The main problem is the chicken is super dry, and nothing about the kit is that good or flavorful. It would be serviceable for a last minute dinner if they fixed the meat.
The chicken quality is probably highly variable. I can nearly guarantee it’s just leftover rotisserie chickens they didn’t sell.

I tried it once for the novelty and thought it was OK. The main problem is that there’s nothing in there that saves you that much effort compared to making an equivalent meal yourself.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

david_a posted:

The chicken quality is probably highly variable.

That's fair.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Those Eclipse blinds, when made well, are an absolute god-send and our 3 working sets are blackout dark for the rooms in which we use them.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Xaris posted:

otoh not everyone likes just eating plain ol' hunk of cheese by itself

:wrong:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I post this site occasionally but if you're looking for blackout curtains, here's a guide:

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-blackout-curtains/

Also I am wearing flannel, a cotton Pima shirt, and a camisole all from Costco today. Fall in the PNW! (jeans, socks, shoes all came from REI)

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
The Wirecutter is a good guide for how to get something at twice the price that works at most 10% better than whatever Costco sells you.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wirecutter suggests Costco stuff all the time though. They even have a dedicated "what to get at Costco" guide.

https://thewirecutter.com/blog/everything-wirecutter-recommends-at-costco/

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Wirecutter really is "What should you tell your parents/siblings to get so they'll at least have a moderate-quality thing when you inevitably have to fix it" type of thing.

naem
May 29, 2011

Fallom posted:

Sherpa sweatshirt has returned

Still just naked cold polyester in the arms

What monster designed this

I’ve gone through a lot of jackets here in norcal trying to find one that isn’t too warm when the sun is out, but is insulated enough when it’s foggy or raining.

My current jacket is exactly what you described- it stops wind but doesn’t make me sweat through my button down dress shirt. Only the body has any insulation, and it has a hood for when it goes from 70 to 40 which it does randomly

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

San Diego costco is a haven of delicious beer, unfortunately by the time they get up here to the bay area, most beers are usually pretty old, which means you basically can't buy IPAs from Costco here.

Thus why I'm excited. It's alotta not IPA. My fav kinda beer!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Taima posted:

San Diego costco is a haven of delicious beer, unfortunately by the time they get up here to the bay area, most beers are usually pretty old, which means you basically can't buy IPAs from Costco here.

Wasn't one of the literal design goals of IPA that it could survive long-rear end trips from Britain to, like, India?

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Schadenboner posted:

Wasn't one of the literal design goals of IPA that it could survive long-rear end trips from Britain to, like, India?

Yes. The hop oils acted as a preservative according to my old William's Brewing catalogs.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think that's not the case with modern IPAs now aday. They tend to go uhhh bad after a certain point. Now if we were talking bout barrel aged stouts or barley wines...

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Everyone on earth drinks west coast IPAs on the east coast with no issues, they're certainly not undrinkable after a few hours in a truck from san diego to the bay!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shovelbum posted:

Everyone on earth drinks west coast IPAs on the east coast with no issues, they're certainly not undrinkable after a few hours in a truck from san diego to the bay!

:barf:

Do we have any Costco employees in the thread? I'd love to know the time a pallet of beer spends on the racks/in the back before being shipped and or put out to buy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IPAs are kinda poo poo anyway so no big loss.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

shovelbum posted:

I mean, I guess I'd say "their drinkability is materially unaffected by".

A lot of West Coast IPAs can often seem a bit, um, "performative" in their hoppiness?

:shrug:

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Moey posted:

Woof. I thought my hour plus drive was horrible.

I took the trade off for a poo poo ton more money to work in the middle of fuckin' nowhere. Visiting the true Church is a good reason to head out of town for a weekend in the 'big city' every month or two.

Taima posted:

You are a true disciple, friend.
My parents brought me up in the true faith, being baptized into the Price Club. Living 1/4 mile from church, we went often. If my Costco memories were 1/4 lb all beef hot dogs and drinks with refill I could feed the world.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
IPAs were literally invented to withstand long shipping times, I think they're ok

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Point is Costco is gonna stock some good beer along side the 100pks of Coors and that 1 pallet of Mad Dog 20/20. :colbert:

I am excited. IPAs are gross. Hot dogs are good.

PBUC

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Welcome to the land of milk and IPAs. Our local church in Denver Metro started carrying beer after a law change this year. A full isle of local and other domestic crafts and macros. It's very nice. I did have to choose whether or not I wanted a true local in Upslope or Breckenridge owned by Anheuser and I went for Breck this time. I still feel kinda lovely about it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, I'm not anti-IPA, they've replaced almost everything else in my summer rotation. I just think they should be drinkable rather than OVER 9000 IBU bitterfests?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

naem posted:

I’ve gone through a lot of jackets here in norcal trying to find one that isn’t too warm when the sun is out, but is insulated enough when it’s foggy or raining.

My current jacket is exactly what you described- it stops wind but doesn’t make me sweat through my button down dress shirt. Only the body has any insulation, and it has a hood for when it goes from 70 to 40 which it does randomly

I think that’s a fair use case but I am basically looking for a Sherpa Snuggie and the Sherpa sweatshirt is not that

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Point is Costco is gonna stock some good beer along side the 100pks of Coors and that 1 pallet of Mad Dog 20/20. :colbert:

I am excited. IPAs are gross. Hot dogs are good.

PBUC

Holy poo poo, I can get a pallet of md20/20? I need to go to church more often

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, I'm not anti-IPA, they've replaced almost everything else in my summer rotation. I just think they should be drinkable rather than OVER 9000 IBU bitterfests?

Yeah I mean this is fine but the idea that beer is subject to spoiling if transported more than a few miles is nuts

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector 34 posted:

Holy poo poo, I can get a pallet of md20/20? I need to go to church more often

I haven't seen it sense. It was quite literally, 1 pallet.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Picked up some Tilamook mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches today, and they are fantastic. Close second to the peppermint they had around Christmas, and a bit better than the chocolate ones. Wish they stocked these more regularly, but it's probably for the best they don't.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Schadenboner posted:

Wirecutter really is "What should you tell your parents/siblings to get so they'll at least have a moderate-quality thing when you inevitably have to fix it" type of thing.

Yeah it's a lot of this, or when my coworkers are telling me they're looking for the best something or other and they picked the "Amazon choice" or whatever popped up first on Google.

I've gotten good recommendations from Wirecutter and bad ones, but it's a decent jumping off point. Their towel recommendations were crap in the past, especially for the price point.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Taima posted:

Dude just buy a roteressire and shred it and a container of salsa and a pack of beans and a block of cheese and then make 20 tacos yourself.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yall are a bad influence, I find myself off work early and drop a bill. I got new fire extinguishers for the trucks since I used one this weekend, and some Renegade beer brewed local.

Plus the good snow brushes are back! I bought my truck in the spring and I was too late to get a good one anywhere.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

shovelbum posted:

Yeah I mean this is fine but the idea that beer is subject to spoiling if transported more than a few miles is nuts

Yeah I can't get over this take it makes no sense.

The only beer I have ever felt is consistently spoiled is Stella Artois it seems like a 50/50 chance if it just is utterly terrible and am not sure if its the green bottles or it being imported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

You people vouching for IPAs lasting a long time are acting real dumb.

Sorry I'm not trying to be rude but it's just such an ignorant viewpoint. IPA standards have evolved since the 18th century. Mind blown, I know.

shovelbum posted:

Spoken like a man who drinks skunked-rear end IPAs on the regular, but by all means explain to me, someone who has been drinking IPAs and been involved with those brewing them for 15+ years, how IPAs work.

Washout posted:

Dude just buy a roteressire and shred it and a container of salsa and a pack of beans and a block of cheese and then make 20 tacos yourself.

I feel you man but in my extremely personal opinion, chicken is not a great meat for tacos. I usually put together a chili verde with a nice pork shoulder, but there are a bunch of ways to go about it. Pastor, lengua, chile verde, carne asada. All superior choices imo.