Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
A tale of two leagues (both half point):

TEAM 1
I basically need help picking 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and a flex. Asterisks are by the names of who I have in right now.

WRs
Brandin Cooks @CLE
AB vs NYJ*
Golladay vs PHI*
John Ross vs BUF*

RBs
Kamara vs SEA*
Breida vs PIT* (playing latest so currently in my flex)
James White vs NYJ*
Miles Sanders vs DET
Carlos Hyde @LAC
Darwin vs BAL

Currently projected to lose by like 18, lol. I have to start Ross over Cooks because (1) start the WR1 even if he’s going to draw Tre’Davious White and (2) fade Cooks on the road, especially against a defense who apparently plays receivers tough - right? Or should I flex Cooks and sit James White. ORRR is Hyde going to feast against the Chargers’ extremely poor run defense?

TEAM 2
WR3 and flex struggles will continue until morale improves:

WR
Christian Kirk vs CAR*
Mecole vs BAL
Devin Smith vs MIA

RB
Ingram vs KC*
Shady vs BAL*
Hyde @LAC*
David Montgomery @WAS
Darwin vs BAL

Currently projected to lose by a point and a half. Kirk’s been pretty consistent, but Mecole got a TD last week and Devin could get a crapload of work against lovely rear end Miami. On the RB front, I feel like Montgomery is most likely to get a lot of work (Washington and the titty kisser are both quite bad) but I keep thinking about last year when Washington’s run defense shut down Saquon. Am I overthinking things? Should I even be flexing a RB in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

TEAM 1: Cooks away is still gonna be a better bet than any of your other RBs

TEAM 2: Kirk vs CAR is fine, apparently having two good slot receivers can find success vs the Panthers scheme. Ingram and Hyde are fine, I'd personally avoid Montgomery's timeshare but I could see playing him in FLEX over Shady.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Mayfield vs LAR or Rivers vs HOU for QB this week?

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Mayfield vs LAR or Rivers vs HOU for QB this week?

Rivers isn’t going to have to deal with Aaron Donald so him

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I’ve got Mack slotted in at the moment, and my RB depth is problematic. If he doesn’t suit up on Sunday, do I go with:

J. White v NYJ
J. Wilkins v ATL

I feel like White’s the safer bet, but Wilkins has the higher ceiling if Mack’s out.

Edit: Standard scoring

generic one fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 20, 2019

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

generic one posted:

I’ve got Mack slotted in at the moment, and my RB depth is problematic. If he doesn’t suit up on Sunday, do I go with:

J. White v NYJ
J. Wilkins v ATL

I feel like White’s the safer bet, but Wilkins has the higher ceiling if Mack’s out.

Edit: Standard scoring

James White..and pray Mack plays

Damien Williams is OUT! So for my standard Flex:

Darwin Thompson vs BAL
Marvin Jones vs PHI
James Washington @SF

Going Thompson assuming Mccoy is also out/limited, but it might just be wishful thinking...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Butter Hole posted:

Darwin Thompson vs BAL
Marvin Jones vs PHI
James Washington @SF

Going Thompson assuming Mccoy is also out/limited, but it might just be wishful thinking...

Don't start Darwin this week. Marvin for me.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Butter Hole posted:

Darwin Thompson vs BAL
Marvin Jones vs PHI
James Washington @SF

I'd gamble on Darwin and curse kiimo's name

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea, at the very least you can be the one to start Darwin for all of us.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol I'm not even starting him but please do so when he bounces outside for a 45 yard TD scamper I will know somebody is profiting

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

lol I'm not even starting him but please do so when he bounces outside for a 45 yard TD scamper I will know somebody is profiting

If Marlon mack suddenly doesn't play I plan to fire up the dtrain

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

If Marlon mack suddenly doesn't play I plan to fire up the dtrain

Yeah, if Mack, Lindsay, and Singletary don't play, I'm in the same boat.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah, if Mack, Lindsay, and Singletary don't play, I'm in the same boat.

Singletary is already ruled out, a third of the way there!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
edit: snip - not really dsys

Thom and the Heads fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 20, 2019

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Am I overthinking it starting San Francisco’s D/ST against the Pittsburgh B-squad over the Rams D/ST against Cleveland?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Power of Pecota posted:

Am I overthinking it starting San Francisco’s D/ST against the Pittsburgh B-squad over the Rams D/ST against Cleveland?

Baker sucks and we're starting a 6'3 career guard at right tackle.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I need some help with choosing a WR, RB, and a Flex. Full PPR.

WR: Mike Evans vs NYG, Tyler Boyd @ Buf, DK Metcalf vs NO, Scary Terry vs Chi

RB: Chris Carson vs NO, Aaron Jones vs Den, Mark Ingram @ KC

I've spent the first two weeks hating Evans again, but he is playing the Giants. Each week, he's been handily beat by my three bench WRs (my other starting WR is Hopkins) and Boyd is currently my flex. For my RBs, I'm starting Chubb as my RB1 with Carson as my RB 2. Right now, beyond my Hopkins/Chubb always-starters, I'm starting Evans, Carson, and Boyd. I feel like Carson has a good chance to do well against a Brees-less Saints, but Aaron Jones might be the focal point of the Packers like he was for last week's second half (on my bench). I'm disinclined to start Ingram because I feel like the game script against KC will lead to more passing than rushing. Do you agree, or are there compelling reasons that I'm on the wrong track?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Your current starters are good. Saints have a good pass defense and bad run defense. Seattle's gonna run run run, and Penny may be out to boot.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

kiimo posted:

ha! don't tempt me, I swear to god I'll do it!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Need to pick two FLEX in .5 PPR. Bold is who I'm slotting in right now.

Terry McLaurin v CHI
Kerryon Johnson @PHI

Malcolm Brown @CLE
Jarvis Landry vs LAR
AP vs CHI
James White vs NYJ

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I like what you got there

1 PPR flex

C Thompson v CHI
M Sanders v DET
D Waller @ MIN

ESPN says Thompson and he's been the best of the 3 so far, but he's facing Chicago.

FP says Waller closely followed by Sanders. Miles hasn't done much, so I'm thinking Waller.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Zack posted:

I like what you got there

1 PPR flex

C Thompson v CHI
M Sanders v DET
D Waller @ MIN

ESPN says Thompson and he's been the best of the 3 so far, but he's facing Chicago.

FP says Waller closely followed by Sanders. Miles hasn't done much, so I'm thinking Waller.

I like Walker there yeah

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I was a Roethlisberger victim, but I'm in good shape everywhere else so I need a high floor.

I'm currently starting Josh Allen vs. Cin but have Garoppolo vs. Pit on the bench.

Is that the right call?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope so after reading this I put DJ Moore back in the lineup

quote:

Can we trust any of this team's pass-catchers this week if Cam Newton is sidelined?

No doubt. Kyle Allen worked with the first-team receivers a lot in training camp and preseason games while Newton took time off to rest his surgically repaired shoulder. In fact, Allen's strong arm should make the speed of wide receivers Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore more dangerous, and since Newton didn't have a touchdown pass in his first two games, the bar is set low here. Newton attempted only one pass of more than 20 yards (a 26-yarder) in the opener and that was incomplete. The farthest of his passes in the second game was 38 yards, and it was underthrown. -- David Newton

edit: lmao JOSH Allen

so what I'm leaving it

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

edit: lmao JOSH Allen

so what I'm leaving it

I have multiple shares of Moore and Samuel and i couldn't be happier honestly. Watching Cam play the first 2 weeks was painful with him constantly overthrowing them both constantly, especially Samuel.

I wonder if it was playing with Kyle Allen that was the cause of all those training camp breakout news for Samuel.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

You’ve convinced me to put Moore back in as well. I can’t say I was thrilled with McLaurin’s matchup vs CHI.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

1 pt PPR, trying to figure out which one of these players to leave on the bench.

Nick Chubb vs LAR
Josh Gordon vs NYJ
Denard Robinson vs BAL
Tyler Lockett vs NO
Mark Ingram @ KC

Leaning slightly towards Ingram but I like his matchup!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

fsif posted:

1 pt PPR, trying to figure out which one of these players to leave on the bench.

Nick Chubb vs LAR
Josh Gordon vs NYJ
Denard Robinson vs BAL
Tyler Lockett vs NO
Mark Ingram @ KC

There is a likely downpour before and during the KC game, along with flash flood warnings. All over (Demarcus) Robinson.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Standard scoring. Should I replace any of these people for Brieda vs PIT?

James Conner @ SEA
Kerryon Johnson @ PHI
Cooper Kupp @ CLE
Chris Godwin vs NYG

My instinct is to say no, but figured I'd poll the brain trust anyway.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Already asked this but my situation has changed a bit with Antonio Brown being thrown in a dumpster behind Gillette stadium.

Need 3 WRs. ESPN .5ppr This is technically 2 WRs and a flex but my RB options are dire enough to not even consider.

WR

Terry McLaurin v.CHI
Demarcus Robinson v.BAL

Robert Woods @CLE
John Ross @BUF
Phillip Dorsett v.NYJ
Mohamed Sanu @IND

Also worried about the weather situation in the KC/BAL game. Thing is, I think I need to play home run ball every week to go anywhere with this team. I'm down on Woods because Goff is all janky and weird now.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

fsif posted:

Nick Chubb vs LAR
Josh Gordon vs NYJ
Denard Robinson vs BAL
Tyler Lockett vs NO
Mark Ingram @ KC

Quiet Feet posted:

Already asked this but my situation has changed a bit with Antonio Brown being thrown in a dumpster behind Gillette stadium.

Need 3 WRs. ESPN .5ppr This is technically 2 WRs and a flex but my RB options are dire enough to not even consider.

WR

Terry McLaurin v.CHI
Demarcus Robinson v.BAL

Robert Woods @CLE
John Ross @BUF
Phillip Dorsett v.NYJ
Mohamed Sanu @IND

Also worried about the weather situation in the KC/BAL game. Thing is, I think I need to play home run ball every week to go anywhere with this team. I'm down on Woods because Goff is all janky and weird now.

I would not start Demarcus Robinson in both of these situations. for the latter, Start Woods instead. I think LAR@Cle will be a close matchup with lots of opportunities for scoring and you don't have to worry about the weather.

shirts and skins posted:

Standard scoring. Should I replace any of these people for Brieda vs PIT?

James Conner @ SEA
Kerryon Johnson @ PHI
Cooper Kupp @ CLE
Chris Godwin vs NYG

My instinct is to say no, but figured I'd poll the brain trust anyway.

i might sit Johnson or Kupp for him. Probably Johnson first.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

There is a likely downpour before and during the KC game, along with flash flood warnings. All over (Demarcus) Robinson.

It's supposed to be all gone by halftime.

The second half will come alive.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
How are you guys feeling about Mack this week? His workload will depend on how his calf feels and I'm thinking I should look else where this week. Lindsay and Jones don't exactly have ideal matchups though, facing each other.

I have Kamara, Mack, Lindsay, and Aaron Jones as well. Which two would you start in PPR?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

update: didn't see this post before the game started, left Minshew in, am currently very happy.

All hail the Stache, my friends

Mixon (he's gotta get better eventually, right?)
McLaurin (he's the #1 option, the chiefs have enough players on that offense that DMR is a much higher risk play)

thanks for this - the issue with mixon is that yes, i believe he should be getting better, but the # touches per game has been bad (i know they fell behind and gave up the run game) but hyde is at least getting high double digit carries (through two weeks i know, i know).

also my opponent this week has a monster game / line up and i need to go big... that's why i figured robinson would be - could be - a very high scoring game but you're prolly right. better to go with the #1 option vs. a boom / bust week to week situation. here's a second thought: would playing hyde be better than both robinson and mclaurin? or is that just wishful thinking?

Last King fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 22, 2019

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Standard

Peyton Barber vs NYG
Curtis Samuel @ ARI

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Last King posted:

thanks for this - the issue with mixon is that yes, i believe he should be getting better, but the # touches per game has been bad (i know they fell behind and gave up the run game) but hyde is at least getting high double digit carries (through two weeks i know, i know).

also my opponent this week has a monster game / line up and i need to go big... that's why i figured robinson would be - could be - a very high scoring game but you're prolly right. better to go with the #1 option vs. a boom / bust week to week situation. here's a second thought: would playing hyde be better than both robinson and mclaurin? or is that just wishful thinking?

if you are really looking for the big point play keep robinson in, Hyde is probably a safe 8 points in standard, but i don't see him picking up a TD on a team with DeAndre Hopkins and Deshawn Watson, especially having to share some touches with Duke Johnson.

i wish i could recommend Scary Terry but honestly i worry that Case Keenum is going to be eaten alive by Mack and the Bears D.

KingKapalone posted:

Standard

Peyton Barber vs NYG
Curtis Samuel @ ARI

I think i'd pick Barber here, CAR/ARI seems like an opportunity for CMC to go nuts

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Sit one of these guys:
1PPR (1.5PPR for TEs)

Greg Olson @ARI
Vernon Davis vCHI
Cole Beasley vCIN

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

decypher posted:

How are you guys feeling about Mack this week? His workload will depend on how his calf feels and I'm thinking I should look else where this week. Lindsay and Jones don't exactly have ideal matchups though, facing each other.

I have Kamara, Mack, Lindsay, and Aaron Jones as well. Which two would you start in PPR?

Mack is a great play week to week, and I don't think Atlanta is that good. If TY is down the Indy offense may be pretty limited though. Aaron Jones has a tough matchup with the Broncos D but his backup is injured so he'll get a ton of volume. So maybe Jones if you're not feeling Mack, but absolutely not Lindsay when he's in a timeshare with Freeman against a very solid Packers D.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
0.5 PPR, pick three WRs:

Tyler Lockett v NO
John Brown v CIN
John Ross @BUF
DeM Robinson v BAL
Emmanuel Sanders @GB

1 PPR, same routine:

Brandin Cooks @ CLE
Josh Gordon v NYJ
Christian Kirk v CAR
Larry Fitzgerald v CAR

Also for 1 PPR:

RB – Damien Williams v BAL or Sony Michel v NYJ?
TE – Will Dissly v NO or Jared Cook @ SEA?

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

0.5 ppr
2nd RB slot:

Miles Sanders vs. DET
Duke Johnson @ LAC

FP likes Sanders for some reason. Seems like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic I know.

Edit: /\ Damien Williams has been ruled out of the game today, so that's an easy choice