Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Basic Chunnel posted:

Have they left the jank in

You know they will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
New demo walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6urcYt0fU

Ugh, waiting another 7 months :(

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Combat still looks bad but better than the previous demos by a fair margin. It also looks like dialogue fonts aren't super-tiny anymore, which is good.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they get rid of the door opening animation. It looks dumb.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Looks like we're getting some New Vegas-esque factions in this game.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 28, 2019

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

DreadCthulhu posted:

New demo walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6urcYt0fU

Ugh, waiting another 7 months :(

This was so much better with narration and someone who knew what the controls were (also probably a much more updated build). Looks like the weird combat flip actually has a use since you can sweep people's legs. The jank is still there, but I accept it. Designated "blind spots" is also a cool idea now that it's been explained a little. Being able to parkour buildings without any NPC response is still a little odd but whatever.

Massive credit to the devs for showing off stuff as it develops in what's clearly the actual game and not some faked E3 showcase with amped-up screen shots and cheesy scripted actors.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Sounds a lot like the people who compared this "Lou Grand" to the historical Lou Graham were right. That woman seems to be the current Prince of Seattle from how it's worded, right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Makes sense, I mean bloodlines 1 at least had like the Camarilla and the Anarchs. And the tabletop always had competing factions too, its pretty important to roleplaying of that sort.

YaketySass posted:

Sounds a lot like the people who compared this "Lou Grand" to the historical Lou Graham were right. That woman seems to be the current Prince of Seattle from how it's worded, right?

It says they're not currently in power?

There's another blurb.

quote:

Led by Lou Grand, the longest-reigning Prince of the area, they have seen control slip away over the years and are increasingly unhappy with the amount of outsiders that have come in and carved out territory.

There’s a lot of wealth in ruling a city for more than a century. The money of the Pioneers would earn a lot of influence almost anywhere in the world. In the modern boomtown of Seattle, though, all it seems to afford is a more comfortable slide into irrelevance.

While they have dreams of once more ruling the city, they have since been forced to accept the rules of another. In exchange, they have been allowed to "save face" by keeping control over some minor parts of the city.

Its ambiguous, but I can't see her being Prince if they have to submit to the whims of another. Unless its a figurehead position.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 29, 2019

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
I really like the lore of Vampires, and the dark gothy vibe of the first game was spot on, really hoping they don't screw it up. You didn't get a good sense for the vibe from the demo video, I'm guessing with the soundtrack it should all come together much better.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Oh, okay. Seems weird you'd allow a former Prince to stick around though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
You don't want to admit to the Cam that you've lost control, but your new partners keep altering the deal. Traditionally the Cam cares most about stability. If a Prince is weak or slipping, that's when archons show up. You don't want that. Vampires think in slow terms; a Prince could float for years treading that balance. I can see it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Looks like 5 factions, iirc that's about as many as the first game had if you count the Sabbat (even if they were just Bad Guys).

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The game looks great imo, it looks to be exactly the sort of sequel I had hoped for. It's VtMB, but better. The parkour movement system is exactly what I wanted in the first game, combat looks better, it's got jank which is a plus imo. Can't wait to play it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Upmarket Mango posted:

...combat looks better, it's got jank which is a plus imo.

I mean, I'm looking forward to this game too. But... lol.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

CottonWolf posted:

I mean, I'm looking forward to this game too. But... lol.

Jank can be fun though, discovering the book trick in VMTB was a pleasant surprise, so was coaxing NPCs into dark corners by impeding their path, side-strafing on walls to get a speed boost, all good stuff!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
The book trick?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Vavrek posted:

The book trick?
Sell a skill book - you can now buy multiple copies. It's not that useful, unless you seriously wait for an endgame book to fully boost a skill you've neglected thus far.

I'm cautiously pessimistic about the game thus far. The strength of V:TM was in atmosphere and writing, and we haven't really seen enough to determine how well the sequels measures up.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Camarilla is up.

They're leaning pretty drat hard into nostalgia with this Cross guy (hardly news at this point), though he sounds more competent than good ol' Sebastian.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Remastered release of Bloodline's music will be available on vinyl, CD, and digital come October 25th.

https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the-masqueradebloodlines-score-gets-a-remastered-release/

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Tetrabor posted:

Remastered release of Bloodline's music will be available on vinyl, CD, and digital come October 25th.

https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the-masqueradebloodlines-score-gets-a-remastered-release/

Holy poo poo it's even on vinyl! I need that in my life!

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
If that includes the ambient walking around Hollywood track i’m immediately purchasing it on vinyl, yeah.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Bow wow wow wowa wow wow wow

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

YaketySass posted:

Camarilla is up.

They're leaning pretty drat hard into nostalgia with this Cross guy (hardly news at this point), though he sounds more competent than good ol' Sebastian.

LOL they literally reused the same name like what the hell devs...

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Savy Saracen salad posted:

LOL they literally reused the same name like what the hell devs...

Maybe the twist is going to be it literally is LaCroix. He survived the bomb at the end of the first game and fled the city when his control collapsed and rebuilt under an alter ego.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Maybe the twist is going to be it literally is LaCroix. He survived the bomb at the end of the first game and fled the city when his control collapsed and rebuilt under an alter ego.

It does seem kinda cool to have at least one cameo from V:TMB1. Vampires aren't going to die of old age or anything.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Meh, they're being cute. Dude is too dumb to survive two weeks without his Sheriff. And it's a shame because Andy Milder was my favorite performance of the original game, he was fantastic at communicating how much of a gigantic dipshit LaCroix is.

Whichever cameos appear are probably going to be centered on the crowd-pleasers like Voerman, Jack or Beckett.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Zaphod42 posted:

It does seem kinda cool to have at least one cameo from V:TMB1. Vampires aren't going to die of old age or anything.

I'm sure there's going to be more than one, may even get some OG voice actors in the mix.

It'll be interesting to see what they do about Croix and Cross as I'm sure they'll be drawing at least a few comparisons.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Caine will be driving a cab again

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Zaphod42 posted:

Caine will be driving a cab again

It's the World of Darkness, he'll be out of a job thanks to Uber.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

YaketySass posted:

So that's what triggers Gehenna

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

YaketySass posted:

:stare: oh poo poo

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Kesper North posted:

So that's what triggers Gehenna

That'd be like, the fifth worst thing they've ever done.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The revenge of Lilyft.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
New faction: "The Baron".

Looks interesting.

E: Also a look at the Pioneer building, nothing too wild:

https://twitter.com/vtm_bloodlines/status/1173719919214641152

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

So, the Anarchs then?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I wonder if they'll mention Vancouver's Prince Siegfried at all, that was always my favorite city.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

PantsOptional posted:

So, the Anarchs then?

Almost certainly.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

PantsOptional posted:

So, the Anarchs then?

Ehhh kinda? The Pioneers and Baron factions both seem to be different flavors of Anarchs.

Doesn’t look like there’s really anybody analogous to the Bloodlines 1 Anarchs in terms of ideology as yet.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

now I'm really curious what the last 2 factions are going to be...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

frajaq posted:

now I'm really curious what the last 2 factions are going to be...

Well, based on the demo footage they floated around earlier, it seems the Nosferatu are a separate faction from the Camarilla itself. The Cammy lady tells you to go to them for info, and when you do the Nossy gives you a side quest to work for them. Whether that's a reflection of the Nosferatu being a wholly separate faction, or them being a subset of some other one we don't know, of course, but perhaps some kind of "Underground" or "Sewer Folk" or some such?