Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

It's an orally secreted resin iirc

In Alien you had the xeno drool a poo poo ton for no reason and was probably the result from that they needed a lot of XY jelly to keep the suit from drying out.
It was made from condoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I have a real idiot for a boss and I always hear Hudson's "Is he loving crazy??!!" in my head when I hear his latest dumb suggestion.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ask him how you get out of this chickenshit outfit.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009

happyhippy posted:

In Alien you had the xeno drool a poo poo ton for no reason and was probably the result from that they needed a lot of XY jelly to keep the suit from drying out.
It was made from condoms.

Cue the how to wear pants/condom on a xenomorph head .:gizz:

Someone draw this please.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

When your head is a dick, that's called cum

The glans end is pointed back and on the opposite end of the head from the mouth, though, so due to proximity I'm gonna guess that resin is closer to pee that's undeniably stored in the balls.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 19, 2019

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Dark Horse please retcon Aliens: Earth Hive to Aliens: Earth Piss Palace

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Indiana Jones and the Legend of the Crystal Piss

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I love that we're having this discussion on The Sex Number page

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Code Jockey posted:

I love that we're having this discussion on The Sex Number page

Nice.

edit: I regret googling "sexy xenomorph." Sort of.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nice.

edit: I regret googling "sexy xenomorph." Sort of.

Give me about 5 minutes, then I'll regret it

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

It's an orally secreted resin iirc

But secreted from what??

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Islets of Langerhans.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Islets of Langerhans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IySXgTv3eU4&t=201s

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I got it but just wanted to say 'islets of langerhans' :toot:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Starship Troopers is on and I'm watching it. This is one of my favorite combinations of visuals and music. Like the big super epic battle scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx8_vjbXX4

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hah I just saw that at the local movie theater.

Do you live in Portland, Oregon, Pennywise?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Starship Troopers is on and I'm watching it. This is one of my favorite combinations of visuals and music. Like the big super epic battle scene.

It has my favourite trailer ever, I had to see the movie that night.

https://youtu.be/Yh8qd0VKPAE

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Starship Troopers probably held up better, visually, than any other big special effects blockbuster from that period.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Probably helps they got Phil Tippett for visual effects. You know, the guy that helped with Star Wars, Robocop, Jurassic Park, and countless other films.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Android Apocalypse posted:

Probably helps they got Phil Tippett for visual effects. You know, the guy that helped with Star Wars, Robocop, Jurassic Park, and countless other films.
Starship Troopers? That was done by ADI, the guys that did the visual effects for Alien3, Resurrection, and the two AvP movies (and a shitload of other stuff).

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this really is one of the best movies of all time but normies dont 'get' it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm having a spirited discussion about Starship Troopers on Facebook (:lol:) with people that didn't like the movie because beers wildly off from the book. I dunno, I think both can be good for different reasons.

The joke is that the movie will be rebooted with a more diverse cast (Johnny Rico would actually be Filipino) but in return Zach Snyder directs it.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh good a movie about people skipping around and falling in holes

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm having a spirited discussion about Starship Troopers on Facebook (:lol:) with people that didn't like the movie because beers wildly off from the book. I dunno, I think both can be good for different reasons.

The joke is that the movie will be rebooted with a more diverse cast (Johnny Rico would actually be Filipino) but in return Zach Snyder directs it.
Like, I get when people are upset because an adaptation doesn't faithfully adapt the source material because it feels like it's squandering the potential of said source material. At the same time, there have been plenty of adaptations that I felt were able to stand on their own merits. The Doom movie is a poo poo Doom movie, but as a generic sci-fi/horror/action movie it's a real good time. 'From Hell' the comic is a really good meditative character study about Jack the Ripper's descent into madness, but From Hell the movie is an effective whodunit mystery/period piece. 'Ghost in the Shell' works as an interesting amalgamation of other GitS stories, and even manages to work the (controversial) whitewashed casting into the plot in an interesting way.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Very true. It's one of the reasons I enjoy the TV versions of Preacher and American Gods. They're deviating from the source material but in a way I like.

The Ghost in the Shell movie was ok IMO but I think it missed an opportunity at the end by having the Major be in the same ScarJo body instead of a different one like in the manga.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Why do goons bold movie names like some whack rear end marketing department

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Gentle Autist posted:

Dunno. Ever seen Thank You For Smoking?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Gentle Autist posted:

I've wondered how this started myself, but honestly it's a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the standard italics so I'm fine with it.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I'm not a prude but Starship Troopers really does it push it for me with all the massacred corpses spread everywhere like bugs on a windshield (I'm sure that was intentional but still :barf:)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

steinrokkan posted:

The Starship Troopers probably held up better, visually, than any other big special effects blockbuster from that period.

Oh absolutely. The special effects are awesome and the bugs look great still. I know there's a short documentary or "making of" Starship Troopers on youtube but I don't know if I watched it yet.

Hah I just saw that at the local movie theater.

Do you live in Portland, Oregon, Pennywise?

Close. Wisconsin. :buddy:

GolfHole posted:

this really is one of the best movies of all time but normies dont 'get' it

I was one of those normies that didn't get this movie at all. I just thought it was a fun action flick. Just like Robocop for me. Then a few years back there was a Starship Troopers thread on the forums here. People were explaining everything and it was just amazing because, to me, it became a completely different movie. So I could watch it again and see all of the "new" stuff I was too dumb to get before. Now I know that Paul Verhoeven is a genius who puts so over the top satire right in front of your stupid face that it can fly over normies' heads.

ST may have played a role in me joining the Marines. :smithicide:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 22, 2019

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Just rewatched the theatrical version of Alien last night.

to me it really did seem like the android knew what was there. And the bit when weaver says to the captain she doesnt trust the science officer and he tells her he had been on 5 missions with someone else and 2 days before they set off of this one he was replaced (with the andriod).

Its sort of making prometheis look a little more credable( with the unintended effect of making covennant look so too)

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A zack snyder remake of the starship troopers movie would be a shot for shot remake but somehow be pro-fascism (i know the book is pro-fascism)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Oh absolutely. The special effects are awesome and the bugs look great still. I know there's a short documentary or "making of" Starship Troopers on youtube but I don't know if I watched it yet.

Close. Wisconsin. :buddy:

I was one of those normies that didn't get this movie at all. I just thought it was a fun action flick. Just like Robocop for me. Then a few years back there was a Starship Troopers thread on the forums here. People were explaining everything and it was just amazing because, to me, it became a completely different movie. So I could watch it again and see all of the "new" stuff I was too dumb to get before. Now I know that Paul Verhoeven is a genius who puts so over the top satire right in front of your stupid face that it can fly over normies' heads.

ST may have played a role in me joining the Marines. :smithicide:

It's absolutely amazing that whenever you get to see comments about the movie, people instinctively side with the military, despite all the cues warning them against doing so. Well, it's not really amazing, it's loving horrifying. Even Henlein's novel was about telling people that the military suck a lot, so clearly the default governmental meatgrinder conditioning works.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Xenomrph posted:

The Doom movie is a poo poo Doom movie, but as a generic sci-fi/horror/action movie it's a real good time.

Ghosts of Mars was a better Doom movie that was much closer to the source material

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The Doom movie is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I've also have a man crush on Karl Urban ever since LotR.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

Just rewatched the theatrical version of Alien last night.

to me it really did seem like the android knew what was there. And the bit when weaver says to the captain she doesnt trust the science officer and he tells her he had been on 5 missions with someone else and 2 days before they set off of this one he was replaced (with the andriod).

Its sort of making prometheis look a little more credable( with the unintended effect of making covennant look so too)

I don't know.
The Company can send in marines, so they can command a lot of ships.
If they knew that it was a true non-human event or ship, they would go immediately.
I think the Nostromo was returning from their mining operation, cargo full. Could be wrong, haven't watched it recently.
So why send a ship to go mine whatever, then divert them on the way back. Risking someone else to detect the distress call and beat them to it.
Could just send them there to see if they can mine LV426.

Then again the Company are sneaky enough to do that poo poo so :iiam:.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Doom movie is plain poo poo, sorry.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Doom is a good-bad movie. It’s a pastiche of sick 80s sci-fi action flicks and is right up the thread’s alley. It’s campy and formulaic and leans into it, the Rock and Urban make a great pair.

BattleMaster posted:

Ghosts of Mars was a better Doom movie that was much closer to the source material

I watched Ghosts of Mars once long ago and I remember nothing about it, and I think I have it partly confused with Dracula 3000

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

BattleMaster posted:

Ghosts of Mars was ruined by its obvious fake studio sets.
If it had Riddick type landscapes, it would be better loved imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The best thing was how verhoeven only showed the studio execs short clips during production and they never caught that it was satirical film.