Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Nick was a guest star on the Christmas episode. Didn't Will say that the guest has never been on before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
christmas episodes are not Canon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

T-man posted:

The calmness and sheer, unrelenting kindness is I think a big reason why "wholesomeness" has come about as a meme... genre? Flavor? Mr Rodgers is and was a fictional character who embodied all the theoretical good parts of Old White Guy Religion living. It's a good thing and a bad thing at once. It can be a role model and perhaps an emotional first starting point when it comes to forming revolutionary spaces. But it can also be used as a commercial, potentially, for the nazis and their allies to try to latch onto opportunistically.

mr rogers was actually that guy though. and he did do things that were somewhat radical for a children's program even if they seem quaint in retrospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6O_Ep9bY0U

it kinda circles back to the falwell episode where they talk about evangelical christianity not actually being christianity. rogers actually did love people no matter who or what they were.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 20, 2019

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Flaskraven posted:

Nick was a guest star on the Christmas episode. Didn't Will say that the guest has never been on before?

A cameo isn't really a feature guest appearance, can you imagine anyone more asked for than Nick?

I really doubt they're gunna have Sanders on to talk about Eyes Wide Shut.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

rapeface posted:

christmas episodes are not Canon

Gamesmas, a humbug?!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Will is talking about me I was the podcast guest. Really fun recording with them.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

T-man posted:

The calmness and sheer, unrelenting kindness is I think a big reason why "wholesomeness" has come about as a meme... genre? Flavor? Mr Rodgers is and was a fictional character who embodied all the theoretical good parts of Old White Guy Religion living. It's a good thing and a bad thing at once. It can be a role model and perhaps an emotional first starting point when it comes to forming revolutionary spaces. But it can also be used as a commercial, potentially, for the nazis and their allies to try to latch onto opportunistically.

I disagree. Even ignoring the show’s obvious progressive politics, Mr. Rodgers could never be a rallying point for fascism because of its total rejection of aestheticism.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's gonna be Epstein with Brace opening the episode doing a Paul Bearer bit. He's gonna explain which parts are true, IE all of it.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Watch the Mr. Rogers documentary and tell me he wasn't a saint on earth

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

big boi posted:

How many miracles did he do after death?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

big boi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNxY4TudXo

look at how happy he is to see someone who was on the show as a kid.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

T-man posted:

That's meaningless, though. The Nazis loved corny sentimentality and Anime Nazis deliberately try to appropriate anything their target demographic enjoys. You don't have to mentally caution yourself when you drink a wholesome glass of milk.

The Kingfish posted:

I disagree. Even ignoring the show’s obvious progressive politics, Mr. Rodgers could never be a rallying point for fascism because of its total rejection of aestheticism.
That's actually a good point; at various points he always pulled back and said "This is a puppet show, it's for fun, kings aren't real."

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

KirbyKhan posted:

It's gonna be Epstein with Brace opening the episode doing a Paul Bearer bit. He's gonna explain which parts are true, IE all of it.

Epstein actually in the studio but Brace on his usual can with string connection.

Does he live in some Appalachian shack or something his connection is always terrible.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoping for Ahmadinejad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1175063067169873921

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Does he talk about it on the pod? Or do I have to read his tweets

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just the tweets thus far.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1175064590847287296
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1175066379516559362

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1175066992245727236?s=19

Apropos

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would really like to ask a View producer why Meghan is allowed to be on TV when she is clearly not well

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ignore the above. Matt is cancelled.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1175083603715383296?s=20

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I'd eat that

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

net work error posted:

Will is talking about me I was the podcast guest. Really fun recording with them.

Finally, my letter-writing campaign pays off

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Goast posted:

I'd eat that

yeah that’s some premium food jammin baby

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A nice tall 2litre of dew and that's gamer fuel

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Matt is Midwest 4 lyfe

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The guest is Bernie Sanders

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1175070597996584966?s=20

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

That’s disgusting and you piggies ought to be ashamed of yourselves. The addition of Ketchup is particularly nauseating.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

rest his guts posted:

That’s disgusting and you piggies ought to be ashamed of yourselves. The addition of Ketchup is particularly nauseating.

What if you replace the ketchup with cheese?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/IbrahimAS97/status/1175074789079339008

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

That "thousands of kids!" teaser sounds like background audio to a dystopian future that we're supposed to take as the media ignoring and trivializing serious issues.

Good thing that isn't happening in real life eh.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmao JERRY JERRY JERRY

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Nothus posted:

Matt is Midwest 4 lyfe

Matt makes me feel seen.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Look at mr moneybags with his organic Mac and cheese

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mac and cheese with ketchup is ehhh but grilled cheese with some ketchup for dipping is a true midwest delight

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you dip a grilled cheese in tomato soup.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

episode late, semaphoring Matt rn

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The hard part is finding actually decent tomato soup.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

The hard part is finding actually decent tomato soup.

just mix catsup and water like all tomato soups duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gently caress yes Nick Mullen is on for a movie review