Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:siren: Pre-pre-alpha 3.7 going to Evocati today :toot:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TacitYawningToothFeelsBadMan

e:
https://i.imgur.com/ID6KeUr.gifv

Quavers fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Combat Theory posted:

Reminder that Baior of red has been recruited out of the diminishing amount of people who cared enough to actually play star citizen for a while and still follow the project.

He was recruited what 12 months ago or so? Now he's lead player experience analyst lmao.

They totally passed me over for the position of player experience analyst for some reason.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Who was that poster that was really excited about procedural birds? He might be into this.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I prefer to take auteur theory to its logical conclusion and believe that the greatest art is the inane, unfocused, and enenjoyable bullshit that creators get up to when they're surrounded by yes men.

For every Stanley Kubrick there are a dozen George Lucases. Everyone wants to believe that great art springs fully formed from the minds of singular geniuses, but like most of modern society, video games and film are huge collaborative projects involving hundreds of people. A good creator usually provides the initial creative energy and direction, and then brings onboard and manages a team of professionals who flesh it all out. The original Star Wars had the input of Coppola, Spielberg, Marcia Lucas and many others who salvaged it from being a complete dumpster fire many times over.

I don’t have much experience with Kojima’s games outside of the PC version of MGS5, which I really enjoyed. From what I’ve seen of him and the DS promo material, he seems like the Stephen King of video games, fully of interesting and weird ideas, but somewhat lacking in the skill and discipline to fully pull them off in a satisfying way.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MassivelyOP: Star Citizen nibbles on space rocks with a look at FPS mining

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I really hate the way they do these rollouts- shocking, I know. But seriously, they put out a version of the patch with one-tenth of the feature set and then tell everyone the whole thing is going out. Will the other features make it in? Will they be cut? Nobody knows! Nobody will even be sure after the patch makes it to the public servers, with features falling into "3.7.1" and "3.7.2" somehow.

Features that are supposed to be in this patch that might actually improve the game somewhat, if they make it out the door, along with caveats about why CIG is still a bad company please don't lynch me:
* Mission Sharing - The fact that this is just being done after the PU has been out for like, 4 years is a complete loving travesty. I'm betting this one gets cut or delayed, in any case. There are absolutely no missions that require more than one person to do, except for combat and that's only because the turrets in the game are straight trash. I guarantee they will divide the already meager mission payouts between all participants as well, because you do not do anything in Star Citizen without being punished for it in some way.

* Personal Inventory System - It'd be nice to actually be able to carry poo poo around, and I like the "Pack it in a box for your ship" feature. It's like an extremely-stripped-down version of the features they showed five or six years ago with the "Physicalized ship inventories," except of course that was all lies, and this has nothing to do with it, and also they already built an inventory system in the game for your guns, clothes, and weapons so this is actually a second and completely separate inventory system which isn't going to cause any sort of problems except for all the places where it does.

* Ship Rentals - This is the one feature that would most improve the game- the ability to actually check ships out at a reasonable in-game cost would actually give the game its first meaningful progression, outside the completely-unattainable ship purchases that populate the game right now. This feature would also devastate their ship sales, not just by giving idiots another outlet to get their collecting fix, but by lowering the perceived value of the ships. Big whale collectors do not want the ships to be available in game because it will cheapen the thrill of owning a big thousand dollar party barge or whatever if random videogame peasants can also have one. Mysteriously this feature keeps getting pushed back, and back, and back, despite ship purchasing already being in game. Hmmm! Definitely won't be cut this time though.

* AI combat/dogfight improvements - This wouldn't really improve much because there's so much more broken about combat than just the AI. As Warframe has already proven, you can actually have totally brainless AI and still do really fun combat if you get the player mechanics correct. But just having it off the loving checklist would at least eliminate one more Citizen talking point about how Star Citizen is eventually gonna be the greatest game ever made.

Features that are pointless wastes of time or just frivolous bullshit
* Character customization "v2"
* Caves
* FPS Mining
* Plant Harvesting
* 3 new spaceships
* 2 new guns

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Iceclaw posted:

But what is the real expert's opinion? What does Lethality thinks about it?

:ohdear:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tooterfish posted:

Dave Haddock sounds like a character from Viz.

... and his incrdibly sweaty ballocks?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"NMS is not in the same technical league as SC [claims it will be in eventually]".

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

this game is so good...if you are not playing it right now, you are doing everything wrong (posting on SA is okay, once you continue to play the goose)

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

I really hate the way they do these rollouts- shocking, I know. But seriously, they put out a version of the patch with one-tenth of the feature set and then tell everyone the whole thing is going out. Will the other features make it in? Will they be cut? Nobody knows! Nobody will even be sure after the patch makes it to the public servers, with features falling into "3.7.1" and "3.7.2" somehow.

Features that are supposed to be in this patch that might actually improve the game somewhat, if they make it out the door, along with caveats about why CIG is still a bad company please don't lynch me:
* Mission Sharing - The fact that this is just being done after the PU has been out for like, 4 years is a complete loving travesty. I'm betting this one gets cut or delayed, in any case. There are absolutely no missions that require more than one person to do, except for combat and that's only because the turrets in the game are straight trash. I guarantee they will divide the already meager mission payouts between all participants as well, because you do not do anything in Star Citizen without being punished for it in some way.

* Personal Inventory System - It'd be nice to actually be able to carry poo poo around, and I like the "Pack it in a box for your ship" feature. It's like an extremely-stripped-down version of the features they showed five or six years ago with the "Physicalized ship inventories," except of course that was all lies, and this has nothing to do with it, and also they already built an inventory system in the game for your guns, clothes, and weapons so this is actually a second and completely separate inventory system which isn't going to cause any sort of problems except for all the places where it does.

* Ship Rentals - This is the one feature that would most improve the game- the ability to actually check ships out at a reasonable in-game cost would actually give the game its first meaningful progression, outside the completely-unattainable ship purchases that populate the game right now. This feature would also devastate their ship sales, not just by giving idiots another outlet to get their collecting fix, but by lowering the perceived value of the ships. Big whale collectors do not want the ships to be available in game because it will cheapen the thrill of owning a big thousand dollar party barge or whatever if random videogame peasants can also have one. Mysteriously this feature keeps getting pushed back, and back, and back, despite ship purchasing already being in game. Hmmm! Definitely won't be cut this time though.

* AI combat/dogfight improvements - This wouldn't really improve much because there's so much more broken about combat than just the AI. As Warframe has already proven, you can actually have totally brainless AI and still do really fun combat if you get the player mechanics correct. But just having it off the loving checklist would at least eliminate one more Citizen talking point about how Star Citizen is eventually gonna be the greatest game ever made.

* Caves
* FPS Mining
* Plant Harvesting
* 3 new spaceships
* 2 new guns

Anyone else remember when Star Citizen was going to be a space game?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I can’t wait for the fishing minigame in the next patch

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

colonelwest posted:

I don’t have much experience with Kojima’s games outside of the PC version of MGS5, which I really enjoyed. From what I’ve seen of him and the DS promo material, he seems like the Stephen King of video games, fully of interesting and weird ideas, but somewhat lacking in the skill and discipline to fully pull them off in a satisfying way.

Stephen King is a good comparison. Especially 1980s-era, cocaine-addled Stephen King.

Kojima is full of these incredibly creative ideas just waiting to be tapped, but the dude does his best work when there's an editor (read: limitations) to work against.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Didn't Kojima have a co-writer for years that left around the MGS3 era? Fukushima, I think?

Total fan conjecture whether he was actually the one that kept Kojima in check, but it is interesting to note.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Roadmap Roundup September 20th 2019

Notable Changes for September 20th, 2019

The Vanguard Harbinger and Vanguard Sentinel have gone into polishing in preparation for their launch in Star Citizen Alpha 3.7.

Arena Commander: Pirate Swarm Improvements
We’ve added this card to the 3.7 column, which introduces an overhaul of the Pirate Swarm waves and difficulty curve to offer a true challenge to novice and experienced pilots alike.

Star Marine: The Good Doctor
We’ve added this card to the 3.7 column, which introduces a new Star Marine map. The Good Doctor has been designed and created from the ground up to offer a new and clean look for Star Marine. The map aims to offer fast, frantic and close quarter combat.

Glowsticks
We’ve added this card to the 3.7 column, which introduces the ability for a player to purchase, stow and throw a glowstick. With a wider light than the torch, the glowstick illuminates its immediate surroundings and can be thrown and placed in the environment to aid in player exploration through dark areas.

:lol: They've named a Star Marine map after Derek Smart :v:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Game's looking great actually

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Quavers posted:

Roadmap Roundup September 20th 2019

Notable Changes for September 20th, 2019

The Vanguard Harbinger and Vanguard Sentinel have gone into polishing in preparation for their launch in Star Citizen Alpha 3.7.

Arena Commander: Pirate Swarm Improvements
We’ve added this card to the 3.7 column, which introduces an overhaul of the Pirate Swarm waves and difficulty curve to offer a true challenge to novice and experienced pilots alike.

Star Marine: The Good Doctor
We’ve added this card to the 3.7 column, which introduces a new Star Marine map. The Good Doctor has been designed and created from the ground up to offer a new and clean look for Star Marine. The map aims to offer fast, frantic and close quarter combat.

Glowsticks
We’ve added this card to the 3.7 column, which introduces the ability for a player to purchase, stow and throw a glowstick. With a wider light than the torch, the glowstick illuminates its immediate surroundings and can be thrown and placed in the environment to aid in player exploration through dark areas.

:lol: They've named a Star Marine map after Derek Smart :v:

Nothing spells space game like glow sticks.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can’t believe they actually made a new star marine map. I’m assuming that one streamer who played it gave up long ago, reducing the player count to actual 0

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Imagine how many backers could have afforded a dog and a doghouse this good instead of jpegs.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Styrofoam ship construction technology is on point!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Agony Aunt posted:

... and his incrdibly sweaty ballocks?
In my head he's erstwhile TV weatherman and Roger Mellie's arch rival.

Knowing Viz it'd involve bollocks somewhere along the line though.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Reminds me a bit of those Neighbours from Hell games where you had to annoy your neighbour as much as possible for some reality show.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Sure, other games are actually coming out and have everything Star Citizen claimed it was going to have, but you don't understand: Star Citizen will be bigger, better, and more fidelitious than every other game past, present, and future when it comes out. Sure, the other games are fine, but Star Citizen will be more. As evidence of this claim I submit the following:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

No matter what I see when I watch videos of this game, I always come away thinking it's a prank. It has to be, right? I get this nagging feeling I'm part of a dwindling number of people these days that's looking at things and thinking, how is it that this many people appear to be tricked by a ruse this shallow? There isn't even any work going into the lies any more, they're just put right out there, "here's an elephant" and it's clearly a monkey, and a million people clap and scream "BEST ELEPHANT EVER" and I just slink into the shadows and share furtive glances with maybe 3 other people. We know we at least appear to be outnumbered so we just keep quiet for now.

I'm not even talking about Star Citizen necessarily. poo poo's weird like this everywhere now. I'm not sure Star Citizen would have been possible 20 years ago (I don't mean technologically) and I'm not sure it would work 20 years from now, either. It just landed in the best possible time, when the common widespread belief amongst gen pop is that reality itself is a matter of opinion.

There's like 100 things wrong with that video that prove beyond a doubt this game is a joke, and I feel like we're the only ones who can see it.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

"All major issues have been reviewed" sounds like they released it without knowing it had any issues.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Dementropy posted:

[url=https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/3-6-2-feedback-thanks-for-all-your-input/2391763]

Ah yes. The avalanche of bugs that all developers know is typical for the “year 8” stage of development.

e: Formatting is hard.

Flared Basic Bitch fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 20, 2019

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Scruffpuff posted:

Sure, other games are actually coming out and have everything Star Citizen claimed it was going to have, but you don't understand: Star Citizen will be bigger, better, and more fidelitious than every other game past, present, and future when it comes out. Sure, the other games are fine, but Star Citizen will be more. As evidence of this claim I submit the following:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Oh. I have a lore question!

How guilty do you guys feel about ripping off other people's IPs like the Dune sandworm?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

These guys sure look like they're borderline fudsters and I bet at least both of them are Derek smart.

Only one thing can save them:
How about another ship sale! This one is better than the one yesterday by at least a weight class!

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Oh. I have a lore question!

How guilty do you guys feel about ripping off other people's IPs like the Dune sandworm?

10 second cameos are pretty common across scifi, and especially in scenes with lots of spaceships. There are only so many 3D models around and the modelers are all geeks, so you'll have unrelated IP zipping by every now and then. The sandworm's not particularly different. It's not like it'll ever be anywhere except in a few seconds of prerendered cutscene anyway.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://pastebin.com/vNehJvaj

Star Citizen Leaks - https://discord.gg/HZNvfyg

Star Citizen Patch 3.7.0
Alpha Patch 3.7.0 has been released to Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: PTU-2998048.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.

Database Persistence Wipe: YES
The current build is under NDA
Please monitor etf-megachat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.

USER.cfg settings:
r_displaySessionInfo = 1

THIS IS A 24 HOUR ASSESSMENT BUILD, meaning we will leave the build active for 24 hours after release to assess stability.

This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the "Testing Focus". In addition, not all ships are currently available and pledge copy is disabled. We will provide a small selection of ships for usage for now.

We have altered the way we report known issues so that the list is more in depth than before.

Testing Focus
Caves
FPS mining, harvesting, and personal inventory
ATC crimestat restrictions
Ship rental system
Vanguard variants
The Good Doctor Star Marine map
Proximity Assist and Manual VTOL
Pirate Swarm UPdates
New FPS weapon attachments
Character Customizer v2
Mission sharing, mission rewards, and AI service beacons

Known Issues
Please avoid missions related to ship derelicts.
Global VOIP is currently not functioning.
Some service beacons fail due to a moving mission icon.
Players can become trapped in Area18 and Lorville if they have a crimestat.
The Anvil Hurricane has flashing lights all over and a flashing, obstructed view. If flashing lights are an issue for you, please avoid this ship.
Wider aspect ratios may have difficulty getting past the character customizer screen and into the PU.
The probes in the destroy probe mission will sometimes teleport ot map origin, preventing completion.
The delivery lockers at Tease Spaceport and L13 Metro do not distribute mission packages.
For the escort surveyor mission, the escorted ship does not fly to its first destination, preventing completion.
Missing person investigation has a chance to spawn corpses under derelict crash debris, preventing completion.
The Emod Suppressor barrel attachment can cause a client crash when used.
When pressing "F" to stow items in succession, it's possible to become stuck mid-animation. W/A: Open mobiGlas to reset.
Players can QT through Daymar if they attempt to spline jump between 2000 and 2500 meters altitude.
Players may crash when loading into the industrial hangar.
Players may crash when changing hair back to original when using the character customizer.
Some small ships are only able to fly in a straight line when in atmosphere.
Carriable elements can clip through the floor at Lorville.
Ships may display as rented if the player exits to title while a claim is in progress.
If the player unequips the undersuit in Star Marine the body will have various graphical issues.
The QT navigation marker is still present for HUR-L2.
Players are able to get landing permission at Area18 with a crimestat.
The turret next to the gravity gen room in the Reclaimer is covered in replaceme textures.
The reformation distortion scattergun currently has a blue light texture issue.
When powering off on a planet or moon some ships can bounce out of control. W/A: Do not power off on landing.
Many mission givers are not in their correct position.
Mining rock marker UI when in the Prospector will appear permanently without scanning at less than 1900m.
The default hair may be present under other hairstyles.
Changing hair colors may not work for hair styles other than default.
If you leave and reenter the commodity kiosk the "sell" tab icons will remain even though you are on the "buy" tab.
Interdictions may not be occurring.

New Features
Gameplay
Added a voice activation option for VOIP transmission available on the options menu.
Added ship rental kiosks.
Ship rental kiosks can be found at Teasa Spaceport in Lorville (Vantage Rentals) and Riker Memorial Spaceport in Area18 (Traveller Rentals). During rental, players can specify the duration (1, 3, or 30 days) with longer time being a better overall value. Rented ships are insuranced and customizable. The time remaining on the rental is shown on the mobiGlas and the ASOP terminal.
Players can now mine small rocks for valuable commodities while on foot. Details needed: shop location for multi and attachment
To mine minerals and crystals while on foot, players will need the multi-tool plus a mining attachment which can be found at various shops throughout the verse. Once equipped players will be shown a UI interface for mining laser strength and fracture window similar to the mining mechanic on the Prospector. Once the rock is fractured, valuable minerals will be broken off and can be hand collected and stowed in the players personal inventory.
Harvestable objects can now be found and collected at various planetary bodies.
Harvestable objects are valuable and can be stowed in the players inventory for later sale at commodity kiosks. Currently, harvestables can be found on the surface of Hurston, Ariel, Aberdeen and Daymar as well as within all caves.
Added a visor message that should notify the player if they are intentionally not respawned in a ship bed they had previously logged out of to help track down issues with bed logout.
Added: Player Personal Inventory
Player personal inventory can be accessed using interaction mode and selecting an activation dot in the player's view or by using the "TAB" key. From there a radial menu will appear showing the overall storage available, the percentage fill, and what items are stored. The amount a player can carry is based on the type of armor they are wearing, with storage capacities shown on kiosks and shop displays. Players can also highlight and drop items as well as store all items in a carriable box, which itself can be stored in the cargo grid of a ship. Both the cargo grid stored box and the inventory itself can be sold at commodity kiosks.
The commodity and trading kiosks now detects the player's personal inventory.
Added caves to Daymar, Hurston, and Aberdeen.
Caves can now be found on the above rocky moons and planet, each contain harvestables and FPS mineable resources.
ATC will now restrict landing privileges based on crimestat.
Most major landing areas will now not grant anyone with a crimestat landing privileges. GrimHex will allow anyone to land, including those in stolen ships. Rest stops and Levski will allow anyone up to wanted level 3 to land but will not allow stolen ships.
New missing person mission set in caves.
Players can now share missions.
Accepted missions now have the "share" option, which shares the mission with all members of the player's current party. Upon mission completion, the total payout is divided up among the party members.
New Star Marine Elimination Map: The Good Doctor
"The Good Doctor" map is set in a research station that surveys rock formations, natural gases, flora, and fauna.

Ships and Vehicles
Added: Aegis Vanguard Harbinger
Added: Aegis Vanguard Sentinel
Added a keybind "J" to manually toggle compatible ships into VTOL mode, shifting the ships thrust orientation when desired.
Some small ships can now mount size 2 gimbals into size 1 hardpoints, allowing them to gimbal size 1 weapons. Those ships include the Auroras, Mustangs, Merlin, Archimedes, 85x, Nox, Dragonfly, and Prospector.
Added new IFCS system: Proximity Assist
Proximity assist, which will now replace hover mode for near surface control, dampens ship acceleration when near surfaces to give the pilot better fine control and is enabled by default. Proximity assist can be disabled in the options menu.

Weapons and Items
New Ship Weapon: Kroneg FL-33 Laser Cannon Details needed: Shop location.
A high damage, long range energy cannon designed for versatile usage at medium to long range. Various sizes can be found at Dumper's Depot on both Port Olisar and Area18 as well as Centermass.
New FPS Weapon: Hedeby Salva Frag Pistol.
While the Salvo can be used as a normal pistol, Hedeby didn’t stop there. With a longer trigger pull, a freezing primer is injected into the chamber and when released, the heavy firing pin hits with enough force to pulverize the supercooled casing. Accidentally developed as an attempt to mitigate overheating, this charged fire option discharges a deadly spray of high-velocity fragments followed by an ear-shattering boom. The Salva Frag Pistol can be purchased at Livefire at Port Olisar, HUR-L2, CRU-L1, Skutters, and Tammany and Sons.
Added additional weapon sight attachments and updated some of the current ones.
Additional attachments: NVTC 1x Holo, NVTC 2x Holo. Reworked: NVTC 3x Holo, NVTC 4x Telescopic, Red Dot.
FPS combat ai will now prioritize targets based on distance, visibility, and incoming damage and should engage the player more effectively.
Added new barrel and under-barrel weapon attachments.
New under-barrel attachments from ARMA including a flashlight, laser sight, suppressor, flash hider (hides muzzle flash), compensator (recoil reduction), and energy stabilizer (recoil reduction). Like other attachments, these can be found at shops that sell compatible firearms. Activate attachments with the "U" key. Note: Weapon descriptions give the compatible sizes for all available attachment slots.

Feature Updates
Characters
Updated character customization to version 2.
The updated customer has been streamlined to create better flow. Players now start by selecting a gender and a base head. Other heads can then be blended with the base as a whole or as isolated features by selecting on either the left column or on the region the player wishes to customize on the head itself. Players can also randomize any selection (dice on bottom center of screen).
Updated flashlight projection.
Updated stamina usage to increase sprint time and regeneration rates.

Locations
Updated Arial's heightmap distribution.
Temporarily removed rest stop HUR L2.
Removed the Argo from Area18's spaceport.

AI
Improved AI combat ship behavior for more dynamic target selection and engagement based on relevant threats.

Gameplay
Adjusted misdemeanor fine values including a significant reduction in illegal parking fee.
Improved the chat interface and multiple channel support for VOIP/FOIP.
Updated all mission rewards
Updated AI service beacons with new sequenced waves of enemies, more challenging opponents, and kill rewards.
Reworked and reintroduced the level 5 wanted distraction mission.
Updated Pirate Swarm.
Pirate swarm has been updated to 10 waves and now has a new suite of opponent ships. The final wave also features an extra challenge.

Ships and Vehicles
Improved the fuel consumption of the 890 Jump.
Increased CryAstro refueling rates for larger ships.
Reworked audio for EMP.
Fixed automated gimbals so it only requires the firing solution to be in the cone as originally intended.
Updated usables in the 890 Jump.
Updated the nose array on the Hoplite to BRVS Ballistic Repeaters (Sawbuck variant).
Changed the exterior paint on the Hoplite.
Adjusted 890's health pool so it has more hull durability.

Weapons and Items
Rebalanced recoil for the KSAR Karna.

Major Bug Fixes
The Vanguard should no longer lose shields and cooling if it loses the left wing.
Delivery missions should now complete more consistently.
Fixed scope magnification values on existing sight attachments.
Capture points going toward neutral should no longer continue to do so if no one is in the capture zone for Star Marine.
Fixed numerous issues with the pistol aim pose.
Storing the hacking chip should be consistent with stow behavior of other hand held items.
The character flashlight should now move with the character's head while in free look.
There should no longer be a gap in collision between the sky bus and the platform at Area18.
The quantum HUD should no longer vanish if the player exits the seat and returns during travel.
There should no longer appear to be blurring inside of ships during quantum travel.
The 890 Jump should now have countermeasures.
Port Olisar turret UI markers should no longer appear to float away.
Fixed 2x gravity around underground facilities.
Outlaws in Star Marine should now be able to equip armor other than light.
The Gladius should no longer have shield holes.
Fixed an issue where physical damage wasn't penetrating the 890's shields.
The 890 should no longer consume fuel more than intended.
Players should no longer be able to generate UEC by exploiting ship refueling.
The Reliant should be able to hold handheld cargo.
NPC service beacons should no longer spam the player.
Bed logout should work consistently.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers posted:

https://pastebin.com/vNehJvaj

Star Citizen Leaks - https://discord.gg/HZNvfyg

Star Citizen Patch 3.7.0
Alpha Patch 3.7.0 has been released to Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: PTU-2998048.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.

Database Persistence Wipe: YES
The current build is under NDA
Please monitor etf-megachat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.

USER.cfg settings:
r_displaySessionInfo = 1

THIS IS A 24 HOUR ASSESSMENT BUILD, meaning we will leave the build active for 24 hours after release to assess stability.

This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the "Testing Focus". In addition, not all ships are currently available and pledge copy is disabled. We will provide a small selection of ships for usage for now.

We have altered the way we report known issues so that the list is more in depth than before.

Testing Focus
Caves
FPS mining, harvesting, and personal inventory
ATC crimestat restrictions
Ship rental system
Vanguard variants
The Good Doctor Star Marine map
Proximity Assist and Manual VTOL
Pirate Swarm UPdates
New FPS weapon attachments
Character Customizer v2
Mission sharing, mission rewards, and AI service beacons

Known Issues
Global VOIP is currently not functioning.
Some service beacons fail due to a moving mission icon.
The Anvil Hurricane has flashing lights all over and a flashing, obstructed view. If flashing lights are an issue for you, please avoid this ship.
Wider aspect ratios may have difficulty getting past the character customizer screen and into the PU.
The probes in the destroy probe mission will sometimes teleport ot map origin, preventing completion.
The delivery lockers at Tease Spaceport and L13 Metro do not distribute mission packages.
For the escort surveyor mission, the escorted ship does not fly to its first destination, preventing completion.
Missing person investigation has a chance to spawn corpses under derelict crash debris, preventing completion.
The Emod Suppressor barrel attachment can cause a client crash when used.
When pressing "F" to stow items in succession, it's possible to become stuck mid-animation. W/A: Open mobiGlas to reset.
Players can QT through Daymar if they attempt to spline jump between 2000 and 2500 meters altitude.
Players may crash when changing hair back to original when using the character customizer.
Some small ships are only able to fly in a straight line when in atmosphere.
Carriable elements can clip through the floor at Lorville.
Ships may display as rented if the player exits to title while a claim is in progress.
If the player unequips the undersuit in Star Marine the body will have various graphical issues.
The QT navigation marker is still present for HUR-L2.
Players are able to get landing permission at Area18 with a crimestat.
The turret next to the gravity gen room in the Reclaimer is covered in replaceme textures.
The reformation distortion scattergun currently has a blue light texture issue.
When powering off on a planet or moon some ships can bounce out of control. W/A: Do not power off on landing.
Many mission givers are not in their correct position.
Mining rock marker UI when in the Prospector will appear permanently without scanning at less than 1900m.
The default hair may be present under other hairstyles.
Changing hair colors may not work for hair styles other than default.
If you leave and reenter the commodity kiosk the "sell" tab icons will remain even though you are on the "buy" tab.
Interdictions may not be occurring.

New Features
Gameplay
Added a voice activation option for VOIP transmission available on the options menu.
Added ship rental kiosks.
Ship rental kiosks can be found at Teasa Spaceport in Lorville (Vantage Rentals) and Riker Memorial Spaceport in Area18 (Traveller Rentals). During rental, players can specify the duration (1, 3, or 30 days) with longer time being a better overall value. Rented ships are insuranced and customizable. The time remaining on the rental is shown on the mobiGlas and the ASOP terminal.
Players can now mine small rocks for valuable commodities while on foot. Details needed: shop location for multi and attachment
To mine minerals and crystals while on foot, players will need the multi-tool plus a mining attachment which can be found at various shops throughout the verse. Once equipped players will be shown a UI interface for mining laser strength and fracture window similar to the mining mechanic on the Prospector. Once the rock is fractured, valuable minerals will be broken off and can be hand collected and stowed in the players personal inventory.
Harvestable objects can now be found and collected at various planetary bodies.
Harvestable objects are valuable and can be stowed in the players inventory for later sale at commodity kiosks. Currently, harvestables can be found on the surface of Hurston, Ariel, Aberdeen and Daymar as well as within all caves.
Added a visor message that should notify the player if they are intentionally not respawned in a ship bed they had previously logged out of to help track down issues with bed logout.
Added: Player Personal Inventory
Player personal inventory can be accessed using interaction mode and selecting an activation dot in the player's view or by using the "TAB" key. From there a radial menu will appear showing the overall storage available, the percentage fill, and what items are stored. The amount a player can carry is based on the type of armor they are wearing, with storage capacities shown on kiosks and shop displays. Players can also highlight and drop items as well as store all items in a carriable box, which itself can be stored in the cargo grid of a ship. Both the cargo grid stored box and the inventory itself can be sold at commodity kiosks.
The commodity and trading kiosks now detects the player's personal inventory.
Added caves to Daymar, Hurston, and Aberdeen.
Caves can now be found on the above rocky moons and planet, each contain harvestables and FPS mineable resources.
ATC will now restrict landing privileges based on crimestat.
Most major landing areas will now not grant anyone with a crimestat landing privileges. GrimHex will allow anyone to land, including those in stolen ships. Rest stops and Levski will allow anyone up to wanted level 3 to land but will not allow stolen ships.
New missing person mission set in caves.
Players can now share missions.
Accepted missions now have the "share" option, which shares the mission with all members of the player's current party. Upon mission completion, the total payout is divided up among the party members.
New Star Marine Elimination Map: The Good Doctor
"The Good Doctor" map is set in a research station that surveys rock formations, natural gases, flora, and fauna.

Ships and Vehicles
Added: Aegis Vanguard Harbinger
Added: Aegis Vanguard Sentinel
Added a keybind "J" to manually toggle compatible ships into VTOL mode, shifting the ships thrust orientation when desired.
Some small ships can now mount size 2 gimbals into size 1 hardpoints, allowing them to gimbal size 1 weapons. Those ships include the Auroras, Mustangs, Merlin, Archimedes, 85x, Nox, Dragonfly, and Prospector.
Added new IFCS system: Proximity Assist
Proximity assist, which will now replace hover mode for near surface control, dampens ship acceleration when near surfaces to give the pilot better fine control and is enabled by default. Proximity assist can be disabled in the options menu.

Weapons and Items
New Ship Weapon: Kroneg FL-33 Laser Cannon Details needed: Shop location.
A high damage, long range energy cannon designed for versatile usage at medium to long range. Various sizes can be found at Dumper's Depot on both Port Olisar and Area18 as well as Centermass.
New FPS Weapon: Hedeby Salva Frag Pistol.
While the Salvo can be used as a normal pistol, Hedeby didn’t stop there. With a longer trigger pull, a freezing primer is injected into the chamber and when released, the heavy firing pin hits with enough force to pulverize the supercooled casing. Accidentally developed as an attempt to mitigate overheating, this charged fire option discharges a deadly spray of high-velocity fragments followed by an ear-shattering boom. The Salva Frag Pistol can be purchased at Livefire at Port Olisar, HUR-L2, CRU-L1, Skutters, and Tammany and Sons.
Added additional weapon sight attachments and updated some of the current ones.
Additional attachments: NVTC 1x Holo, NVTC 2x Holo. Reworked: NVTC 3x Holo, NVTC 4x Telescopic, Red Dot.
FPS combat ai will now prioritize targets based on distance, visibility, and incoming damage and should engage the player more effectively.
Added new barrel and under-barrel weapon attachments.
New under-barrel attachments from ARMA including a flashlight, laser sight, suppressor, flash hider (hides muzzle flash), compensator (recoil reduction), and energy stabilizer (recoil reduction). Like other attachments, these can be found at shops that sell compatible firearms. Activate attachments with the "U" key. Note: Weapon descriptions give the compatible sizes for all available attachment slots.

Feature Updates
Characters
Updated character customization to version 2.
The updated customer has been streamlined to create better flow. Players now start by selecting a gender and a base head. Other heads can then be blended with the base as a whole or as isolated features by selecting on either the left column or on the region the player wishes to customize on the head itself. Players can also randomize any selection (dice on bottom center of screen).
Updated flashlight projection.
Updated stamina usage to increase sprint time and regeneration rates.

Locations
Updated Arial's heightmap distribution.
Temporarily removed rest stop HUR L2.
Removed the Argo from Area18's spaceport.

AI
Improved AI combat ship behavior for more dynamic target selection and engagement based on relevant threats.

Gameplay
Adjusted misdemeanor fine values including a significant reduction in illegal parking fee.
Improved the chat interface and multiple channel support for VOIP/FOIP.
Updated all mission rewards
Updated AI service beacons with new sequenced waves of enemies, more challenging opponents, and kill rewards.
Reworked and reintroduced the level 5 wanted distraction mission.
Updated Pirate Swarm.
Pirate swarm has been updated to 10 waves and now has a new suite of opponent ships. The final wave also features an extra challenge.

Ships and Vehicles
Improved the fuel consumption of the 890 Jump.
Increased CryAstro refueling rates for larger ships.
Reworked audio for EMP.
Fixed automated gimbals so it only requires the firing solution to be in the cone as originally intended.
Updated usables in the 890 Jump.
Updated the nose array on the Hoplite to BRVS Ballistic Repeaters (Sawbuck variant).
Changed the exterior paint on the Hoplite.
Adjusted 890's health pool so it has more hull durability.

Weapons and Items
Rebalanced recoil for the KSAR Karna.

Major Bug Fixes
The Vanguard should no longer lose shields and cooling if it loses the left wing.
Delivery missions should now complete more consistently.
Fixed scope magnification values on existing sight attachments.
Capture points going toward neutral should no longer continue to do so if no one is in the capture zone for Star Marine.
Fixed numerous issues with the pistol aim pose.
Storing the hacking chip should be consistent with stow behavior of other hand held items.
The character flashlight should now move with the character's head while in free look.
There should no longer be a gap in collision between the sky bus and the platform at Area18.
The quantum HUD should no longer vanish if the player exits the seat and returns during travel.
There should no longer appear to be blurring inside of ships during quantum travel.
The 890 Jump should now have countermeasures.
Port Olisar turret UI markers should no longer appear to float away.
Fixed 2x gravity around underground facilities.
Outlaws in Star Marine should now be able to equip armor other than light.
The Gladius should no longer have shield holes.
Fixed an issue where physical damage wasn't penetrating the 890's shields.
The 890 should no longer consume fuel more than intended.
Players should no longer be able to generate UEC by exploiting ship refueling.
The Reliant should be able to hold handheld cargo.
NPC service beacons should no longer spam the player.
Bed logout should work consistently.

quote:

Known Issues

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fatkraken posted:

(also Theranos, that indygogo project for a handheld food scanning machine and every MMO kickstarter asking for less than $10 million)

Not long ago I made the argument that it was stupid to do a big-scale game kickstarter and ask for less than a few million, and a bunch of goons laughed at me :(

But games are loving expensive yo. Its weird, everybody seems to understand that movies cost millions and millions to make, but for some reason because video games are on computers people think you just hire 10 guys to type in "assassin's creed game" into the computer and boom, done.

That mentality probably drove a lot of SC's insanity. "how hard could it be?"

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:laffo:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

No Mods No Masters posted:

I can’t believe they actually made a new star marine map. I’m assuming that one streamer who played it gave up long ago, reducing the player count to actual 0

Of all the loving things they could have added here, at the hour in which even their fans are getting mad, I absolutely would not have picked "instanced map for the bad FPS game mode" lol, much less one that bears a striking resemblance to parts of the Titanfall 2 map 'Complex.' What on Earth would possess you to devote even a moment's worth of effort to this???

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Of all the loving things they could have added here, at the hour in which even their fans are getting mad, I absolutely would not have picked "instanced map for the bad FPS game mode" lol, much less one that bears a striking resemblance to parts of the Titanfall 2 map 'Complex.' What on Earth would possess you to devote even a moment's worth of effort to this???

The need to give the illusion of progress, but they're hampered by the inability to do anything new. A FPS map fits the bill nicely.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thousands upon thousands of man hours of tedious "IMMERSION" wankbeddery programming culminating into this

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

* Caves
* FPS Mining
* Plant Harvesting
* 3 new spaceships
* 2 new guns

So what you're saying here is the next year is caves, FPS mining, and a dozen new hairstyles with physics bodies applied to them so they flow in the breeze?

Guns and ships is a given!

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
How the gently caress does

"The Emod Suppressor barrel attachment can cause a client crash when used."

An attachment cause a client crash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

With lust on it's mind? :ohdear: