Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also if you cried at any superhero movies as an adult you should be forced into the custody of the state

Sorry for enjoying one of the few things that make me feel kinda happy these days I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Vote Bernie Sanders 2020 i guess. It's hellworld.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What a weird series of posts that have nothing to do with this podcast.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'd put Honest Trailers above Cinemasins (Although their movie debates are stupid and loud and I hate them). I think they fired the sex pest.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also if you cried at any superhero movies as an adult you should be forced into the custody of the state

Deadpool 2 made me tear up, but I feel like that's kind of more on me than the movie, because I was basically in the exact right mood for certain plot beats in that movie to straight-up gut punch me.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

What a weird series of posts that have nothing to do with this podcast.

You could drive a truck through this derail!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Pops Mgee posted:

Sorry for enjoying one of the few things that make me feel kinda happy these days I guess.

If you’ve ever enjoyed something in a way that I personally do not approve, you are a child!

MEME WATCH!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

enigmahfc posted:

If you’ve ever enjoyed something in a way that I personally do not approve, you are a child!

MEME WATCH!

INFOWARS.POPTART.FART

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

AceOfFlames posted:

You could drive a truck through this derail!

I really don't like Cinamasins, but I would double my Patreon amount to make Plothole Truckers a reality.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

I really don't like Cinamasins, but I would double my Patreon amount to make Plothole Truckers a reality.
Honestly, they should probably do something for their youtube channel.

But it should totally be for like To Kill a Mockingbird or something like that.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm still waiting for an episode of Russell Rules.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm still waiting for an episode of Russell Rules.

Are you being impatient??? HANG UP ON THAT GUY!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
An infrequent (the guys are busy enough month to month) Russel Rules show where they record something just whenever they felt like watching a Kurt Russel movie would be genuinely good.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I had a really awful day at work last week, but driving home and hearing the entire "HONK HONK, YOU COULD DRIVE A TRUCK THROUGH THAT PLOTHOLE!" detrail actually made me laugh out loud and feel so much better.

I'd love for the guys to do a one-off video lampooning Cinema Sins and the like, just harping on every "plot hole" and constantly working it into an increasingly complex and bizarre trucking metaphor.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Steve will survive the attempted triad assassination with a mouthful of dumplings, only to fall at the hands of a watermelon smasher

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"Coming next week: Friday The 13th! ...(2009)"

Nailed that reveal.

Violator
May 15, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

"Coming next week: Friday The 13th! ...(2009)"

Nailed that reveal.

Ah drat, I actually like that movie and they've said previously they don't. I know it's OK to like things, but when they really don't like something they get all nitpicky on weird trivial stuff and I've found it annoying in the past. This goes for movies I don't like either; if they get in a bad mood or are too vindictive it kinda sours the episode.

It's not the best Friday the 13th movie because they went the wrong direction with the characters (ie, they're a bunch of terrible people like in Part 7 instead of a bunch of silly friendly teens like in Part 2 or 4), but I think it's by far the best version of Jason in the entire series.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
F 13 remake is very bad, sorry

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Are there any good F13 movies

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Has Platinum Dunes ever made a good movie?

Looking at their filmography, you have the latter Purge movies but I'm guessing Blumhouse had a lot of say in those.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I like the first 4. They sorta tell a complete story.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Whichever one had ROY was good.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

1, 2, 4, and 6 are all fantastic

3, 5, 7, and X are all good goofy fun

8, Jason Goes to Hell and FvJ are really the only bad ones and even then, they're watchable, they're just very meh

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Really Lawnmower Man just sounds like a cool film, gonna watch it now.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

So with the Lawnmower Man ep I think we're up to like 10000000000000x references to Midsommar. Whats up with that movie that it gets so much attention?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Arson Daily posted:

So with the Lawnmower Man ep I think we're up to like 10000000000000x references to Midsommar. Whats up with that movie that it gets so much attention?

https://youtu.be/MNz9nkQYag4

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Jason X is loving hilarious. Not in an ironic way, as in it really leans into the stupidity of its' premise.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah Jason X is a good time and there's a live episode of it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Arson Daily posted:

1) it's the New Hot A24 poo poo and you basically have to make sure everyone knows you've seen it so you can keep your film nerd cred, if you're someone like the WHM guys

2) Midsommar in particular (along with Hereditary, by the same director) caught a whole lot of attention because Ari Aster has a style of filmmaking that I can only really describe as "actively abusive towards the audience." his movies are actively and deliberately designed to be as unpleasant, nihilistic, and triggering as possible (and I don't mean "triggering" in the dickhead chud sense, people who have experienced familial abuse should avoid Hereditary like the goddamn bubonic plague and people who've violently lost a family member or been abused by a domestic partner should not go near Midsommar). this gets... strong reactions out of people, whether it's me thinking he seems like a complete rear end in a top hat or others thinking he's a new visionary in horror who's redefining the genre. he's a bit like Lars von Trier, really.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 25, 2019

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Also they recorded the past two episodes at the same time so there was bound to be reference overlap

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

To this day the only Friday the 13th movies I’ve seen are the remake and Jason X.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

To this day the only Friday the 13th movies I’ve seen are the remake and Jason X.

:psyduck: what's wrong with you?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

:psyduck: what's wrong with you?

I don't know

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

None of them are Actually Good

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Individually, there are no F13 movies half as good as the first Halloween, Nightmare, or —while WHM crew may disagree— Hellraiser.

But as a franchise, holy poo poo is it the most watchable and entertaining of them all. I'd rather watch Roy: The Movie than Michael Myers' cult nonsense, or Freddy spouting things to put on a t-shirt. Sometimes you just wanna chill and watch Jason, the most unproblematic slasher, teleport around while the entire cast is high as balls on coke and 80's fashion.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

sponges posted:

None of them are Actually Good

In Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason punches a dude’s head all the way off his body and it lands in a trash can.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

In Jason Takes Manhattan, Jason punches a dude’s head all the way off his body and it lands in a trash can.

Yeah, but the rest of that one sucks more than any F13 movie that's not the remake

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, but the rest of that one sucks more than any F13 movie that's not the remake

Maybe it's because it used to play on the USA channel almost every week, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for that movie. The fact that it's probably the F13 film that's least hurt by TV censorship doesn't hurt.

Also, to reiterate; after he punches the head off, it lands in a dumpster, and then the dumpster lid slams shut in a comedic fashion. :colbert:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I believe 1,2,3 and...six? I think are good. Whichever is the one with the psychic powers girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Marin Karin posted:

But as a franchise, holy poo poo is it the most watchable and entertaining of them all. I'd rather watch Roy: The Movie than Michael Myers' cult nonsense, or Freddy spouting things to put on a t-shirt. Sometimes you just wanna chill and watch Jason, the most unproblematic slasher, teleport around while the entire cast is high as balls on coke and 80's fashion.

This is exactly right.