Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

that fairy is the horniest magic card ive seen in a long long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

you don't even need to buy anything, its trivial to amass the amount of gems needed by using gold to draft

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zyla posted:

that fairy is the horniest magic card ive seen in a long long time

The ethereal lips close-up in the corner is really lol. Reminds of lazer cat.

This is a positive comment.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sinteres posted:

Actually if you're a limited only player you get the equivalent of 3500 gems in gems and gold combined at 100 (valuing 5000 gold as 750 gems), not including whatever gems you might get from duplicates when you open packs. If you're at 100 and have the gems, you should buy it even if you don't care about cosmetics or wildcards at all.

Oh, didn't realize it worked out that well. May have to do a little event grinding to hit 100 (how long do I have), but seems worth taking advantage of in that case.

Eej posted:

This seems like a pain in the rear end when the first five days of Eldraine have a BO1 All Cards In Standard Brew event.

I thought you could only play that twelve times, regardless of how often you won or lost.

Looks like the payout is only one copy of every card. But I might still have to make them brew alts.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eej posted:

Izzet Phoenix can probably use some of: Winged Words (From M20), Improbable Alliance, Brazen Borrower (iffy, but incredible value from one card, Royal Scions, instant Voices, maaaaybe Loch Dragon and maybe Hakurei Reimu. Also Opt, of course.

How did you forget Thrill of Possibility and Merchant of the Veil, the two best cards to get Phoenix into your graveyard?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

No Wave posted:

whats the history behind when dual lands are released during blocks? It kind of makes more sense to release them in sets 2 and 3 of each block like they're doing this year so that you end up with three metas that are more likely to have distinct dominant colors.

This is the first autumn set since like 2010 that hasn't had a cycle of 5 rare dual lands, but we kinda got them early in M20.

Making spells really hard to cast for no reason doesn't make any sense, like imagine trying to play an RG aggro deck off only 4 untapped duals lands, it's dogshit. At least Fabled Passage exists now to give you half a chance to play properly.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Fabled Passage is going to be in a billion decks, I hope I pull some

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I want to build a Golos Happily Ever After deck

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lone Goat posted:

How did you forget Thrill of Possibility and Merchant of the Veil, the two best cards to get Phoenix into your graveyard?
You'll be Haggling for slots long before you get to Merchant and he mentioned Thrill.

Calibanibal posted:

you don't even need to buy anything, its trivial to amass the amount of gems needed by using gold to draft
I should maybe hit 10k gems just coasting to gold every month in m20. It's not hard. My M20 winrate is pretty trash, although I guess I'm 11-3 right now this month.

This current "gently caress it, draft 7 rares" draft ain't going to better than 4-3 though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I actually think standard focusing on guild colors instead of wedges and shards will be fun, I’m sick and tired of playing against 3-4-5 color foodstuff in every match.

I’m 9-0 with Yarok today, I might earnestly hit Plat tonight

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Lone Goat posted:

Thrill of Possibility is instant voices

And yeah I forgot about Merchant of the Veil

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Bust Rodd posted:

I actually think standard focusing on guild colors instead of wedges and shards will be fun, I’m sick and tired of playing against 3-4-5 color foodstuff in every match.

I’m 9-0 with Yarok today, I might earnestly hit Plat tonight

Man if you're already tired of playing against foodstuff I don't think you're gonna enjoy Eldraine standard :(

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

You'll be Haggling for slots long before you get to Merchant and he mentioned Thrill.

Didn't put together that Instant Voices wasn't the name of a card til you said that. I think Haggle is happening way more than Winged Words. The bounce feature of Fae of Wishes might be helpful too.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can't believe how quiet this thread is with the full spoilers up, any thoughts?

~White is Bad
~There will be multiple good red decks in this meta
~Green/Black Fat Guy reanimator will definitely be a deck
~Risen Reef is still the best draw engine in the format, IMO, but
~Teferi + Brazen Borrower is a truly disgusting archetype
~We finally have a U/B artifact deck and I'm pretty sure it'll be very strong
~Knights won't be good.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I don't know if people here watch Vs Live but mono black aggro looks absolutely bonkers

Also it's perfectly possible to play a 3 colour wedge deck since you can play 20 dual lands. Green is even better because of goose and paradise druid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The idea that I was ever at Mythic rank seems like such a distant and foreign memory at this point.

Two seasons ago I played 280 matches, starting and ending at Platinum 4 the entire time before getting knocked down

Last season I played 150 matches and went up from Gold 2 to Gold 1 before getting knocked down

This season I have played 160 matches and have gone from Silver 2 to Gold 3 and will probably get knocked down again.

I know it shouldn't really matter but eh. Maybe I should play with a Tier 1 deck

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

I was thinking that too, but you'd think by the reactions to Cauldron it had murdered people's families or something.

Knights does feel a little shallow and scattered. I don't think Mardu is any good but I might try two color versions.

Though ironically GW Knights kinda looks good.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Green/anything looks pretty strong

Gruul is really just losing Llanowar Elves and Rekindling Phoenix, and Questing Beast is a good 4 slot replacement for the latter.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I was thinking that too, but you'd think by the reactions to Cauldron it had murdered people's families or something.

Knights does feel a little shallow and scattered. I don't think Mardu is any good but I might try two color versions.

Though ironically GW Knights kinda looks good.

I think U/B reanimator might work better than G/B because cauldron is definitely a card that screams 'self-mill' and U/B has a shitload of that.

edit: just split the difference and go Sultai for both and Yarok.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Shooting Blanks posted:

My understanding is that the first event lasts 5 days and is exactly the same as the later 36 hour event that has actual rewards - it's there specifically to brew and test. Now, it may be worth setting up a dummy account just to test your brews in the real event in case the meta changes in that period, but otherwise you've got plenty of time to test out any deck you want.

You can only enter both events once.

Anyway seems like a good opportunity to create a bunch of dummy accounts, hopefully hit 12 wins on one of them and boom you have a complete standard collection for free.

Also I'm glad they're added another XP code and made the event rewards better, I can probably finish the mastery pass now.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's only one copy as a prize, not 4.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

salt shakeup posted:

Anyway seems like a good opportunity to create a bunch of dummy accounts, hopefully hit 12 wins on one of them and boom you have a complete standard collection for free.

Also I'm glad they're added another XP code and made the event rewards better, I can probably finish the mastery pass now.

You only get 1 copy of the cards.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Oops, gently caress that then.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Knights feels like a limited dream if you get a couple decent ones early. Then again I am bad at limited so what do I know

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

salt shakeup posted:

I thought you could play the first event as much as you wanted and build as many decks as you wanted? Phone posting now so I can't check, but it seemed to be a practice run for the limited event with prizes.

Edit: NM just found the link and it's only 12 matches. drat.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 21, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is it 1 of every standard card or 1 of every Eldraine card? Either way it doesn’t really matter, that’s an impressive sounding prize that doesn’t really mean anything to someone like me whose built up a respectable F2P collection over the last year.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

11 wins is one of each eldraine card, 12 wins is one of each in new standard.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Knights individually are pretty good but there's nothing really tying them together. Nothing is stopping you from doing BW Knights circa WAR with Seraph of the Scales and whatever cool 5 drop you want. You even get access to Hero's Knightfall.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bust Rodd posted:

I can't believe how quiet this thread is with the full spoilers up, any thoughts?

~White is Bad
~There will be multiple good red decks in this meta
~Risen Reef is still the best draw engine in the format, IMO, but
~Teferi + Brazen Borrower is a truly disgusting archetype
~We finally have a U/B artifact deck and I'm pretty sure it'll be very strong
~Knights won't be good.

Sultai Yarok and at least one RDW deck will still exist and that's as much as I confidently know about archetypes.

edit also yeah baby teferi gets even better with adventures :shepface:

double edit I am totally going to try to incorporate Oko into any feasible decks, he seems like a Good Threemana Planeswalker and that's always scary

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 21, 2019

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Teferi is always gonna be there. And he's gonna gently caress with whatever you're trying to do.

He's got an Isle. And a moat. And a puzzle box. Your poo poo is never safe from Teferi.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've lost fourteen games in a row in the Bo3 que?

It must be the work of...

TeFeRi GoDpArEnTs!!!!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So apparently after spending months going "People will get the NPE decks eventually" to "People will get the NPE decks on the 26th" arena twitter confirmed they spent time and effort coding a solution to this problem, and now arena will check your account and only give what you're missing to "finish" the decks. Nothing extra, no gems, no vault progress.

I forget who called that, but they called it, nice.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they said you get the cards without any vault progress or gems weeks ago? you might've missed it amongst the wildcard complainings

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Gotta have some guy work for a month to code a bunch of extra baloney to make sure people don't get 2% vault progress.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Spiderdrake posted:

So apparently after spending months going "People will get the NPE decks eventually" to "People will get the NPE decks on the 26th" arena twitter confirmed they spent time and effort coding a solution to this problem, and now arena will check your account and only give what you're missing to "finish" the decks. Nothing extra, no gems, no vault progress.

I forget who called that, but they called it, nice.

CapnAndy posted:

Is that how it works? I thought with precons that they add whatever cards are necessary to your collection to be able to build it, but if you’ve already got the rares or whatever, they don’t just give you an extra one anyway.
Thank you very much, I will take my I Called It On The Internet bows.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

flatluigi posted:

they said you get the cards without any vault progress or gems weeks ago? you might've missed it amongst the wildcard complainings
I didn't miss it, I posted about it before.

The element that was announced today wasn't that.

CapnAndy posted:

Thank you very much, I will take my I Called It On The Internet bows.
You may wear your Derek Smart Medal for weeks, not days, with pride.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Spiderdrake posted:

The element that was announced today wasn't that.

what exactly is different

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Oh also they announced there's no Brawl queue when it launches in October, instead they're going to do a once a week event to 'gauge interest'.

Sidenote: The Brawl precons were pre-selling for more than the Commander decks when they were still being sold. They're sold out now, but I believe were supposed to be print to demand.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No the Brawl decks were shortlisted absolutely everywhere to promote artificial scarcity, every LGS was like “we ordered 10 of each and got 2 of each”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

One of the brawl decks has a new 2CMC mana rock that goes in every EDH deck ever conceived, I imagine that’s pushing demand up a bit