Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just popping in to say that that Japanese counter-ruck owned and I haven't seen a counter ruck that good in like 20 years lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
At least it shows that the Russian state doping programme never got as far as the rugby side.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Tyma posted:

Scotland: Hogg; Seymour, Taylor, Johnson, Maitland; Russell, Laidlaw-kun
Dell, McInally (captain), Nel, Gilchrist, Gray, Barclay, Watson, Wilson.

Replacements: Brown, Reid, Berghan, Cummings, Thomson, Price, Harris, Graham.

-

Ireland: Larmour; Conway, Ringrose, Aki, Stockdale; Sexton, Murray; Healy, Best, Furlong
Henderson, James Ryan; O'Mahony, Van der Flier, Stander.

Replacements: Scannell, Kilcoyne, Porter, Beirne, Conan, McGrath, Carty, Farrell.

Larmour at 15 is a weak link, look forward to this being a competitive one.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Reckon Seymour’s lucky to get in the side based on form.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Watched the first half at one of the Sapporo fan zones, a ton of English and Aussies and mostly backing for Japan in that match.

Maybe it’s just been a while but I thought the Russian forwards were super aggressive in the ruck a lot of times, almost worth getting a penalty for diving in, and daring the ref to call it.

Japan was a lot better with the ball but I’m not shocked they gave away that first try, they looked tight as gently caress coming in. Little bit of pressure on.

Time to see Australia at the Dome today and then eventually catch New Zealand-South Africa. Should be a good day.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Now that I’m awake again and my battery is back; holy gently caress was that bad from Japan. They should be so much better. Dumb kicks weak play. Kudos to the Russians and if Japan were to play that poo poo next I think that a few years Russia could win a match.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wait Beaver and Sumo are the commentary duo for Spark Sport? Holy poo poo I may actually not be pissed off by it for once.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Wait Beaver and Sumo are the commentary duo for Spark Sport? Holy poo poo I may actually not be pissed off by it for once.

It’s not quite the same without having to say “shut up Justin” every 5 mins tho

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Are the ACC doing any matches?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

ITV have brought in Miles Harrison :(

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

slothrop posted:

Are the ACC doing any matches?

Only at a pub in Auckland. They're not allowed near the RWC apparently.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
White has smuggled a rare caterpillar onto the pitch on his face.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not sure I'm fully ready for these 5.30am starts, but if all the games start with the same bang as Fiji have I might manage.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Mon Fiji

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

FIJI!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Wow are we playing badly. Well deserved lead for Fiji

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yaaaaas!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Hoping Fiji gets a 30 point lead before they get too tired to keep playing after the 60th minute.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
This is worth any loss of sleep :D

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The only thing scarier than a Fijian 7s team is two of the bloody things.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Oh snap, just got in. poo poo been going down huh?

Aaannd as soon as say that Aus score

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Fiji’s tackling is unbelievably good

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Nice strike that

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Scary to see what Fiji are capable of when they have real time to train together.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Beale gets snapped in half once again lol

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Lol quick throw in. Australia playing like they have a collective concussion.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Thoughts and prayers for Hodge's brain.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Advantage in this game seems to be of widely varying length

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
If Fiji could hang on to the ball they would have about 4 tries by now.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Love the gong vs usual siren. Makes half-time seem like a solemn ritual.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Slumfrog posted:

Love the gong vs usual siren. Makes half-time seem like a solemn ritual.

Yeah that's a really nice touch.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Missed the first half. Have Fiji been playing well and worth their lead? Does it look like they'll compete in the second half?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Fiji have done well, there's a lot more structure in their game while still maintaining their offloading play. 22 exits have been hugely improved, they're playing great off lineouts, if their scrum was better they could be up another one, maybe even two tries.

Australia have been the creators of their own downfall, a little. They're playing a loose game against what's basically a big sevens team (albeit with Fiji doing the fundamentals a lot better.) There was a period where they went from the half way line to the 22 by just picking and going and using centre smashes. At the start they were also keeping the ball in play with their clearance kicks, just all round dumb play against a team who loves to run. If Australia keep it tight, wear down Fiji, they have to win.

Fiji are also unlucky not to have been a man up for ten minutes, a shoulder to the head went unpunished.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

stavros880 posted:

Missed the first half. Have Fiji been playing well and worth their lead? Does it look like they'll compete in the second half?

They're playing well. Both wings tuisova and radradra are big threats having impacts. Lost their 7 who was playing well to a HIA. scrum can't hold up so they are having trouble setting a consistent platform.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Yeah Fiji have been fairly solid, having been able to actually train together longer than a weekend. Fast and strong as usual, but also putting phases together on a regular basis. Great kicker too. Scrum has been weak tho, and having trouble covering out wide when Australia advance.

Some beautiful hits too, especially on Luke Hodge, who is now a fine suspension of particles in red mist.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Fiji, continuing to look dangerous and Australia continuing to look undrilled.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Hahaha

Wow that sucks for Australia. Way too many loose passes

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Australia took a quick throw in from pretty much their own try line and buggered it up. That should tell you something.
I don't think Fiji are going to maintain this tempo though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Somewhere, a Welshman is having 2007 flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Lovely steal at breakdown by Fiji.