Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bust Rodd posted:

Do I have to hit 100 tonight? I’m at 99 with no more quests and wondering if I need to use some gems

No, you have until the 26th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Do I have to hit 100 tonight? I’m at 99 with no more quests and wondering if I need to use some gems

You have until the 26th, so you'll be fine. When Throne of Eldraine goes live, you get 3 new quests and 0/15 weekly wins, so there's no point in saving up anything.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
When do the weekly quests reset?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SalTheBard posted:

When do the weekly quests reset?
Normally sunday morning (unless you're in Japan then sunday afternoon? I think?) but there will also be a full reset and repopulation of quests on the 26th.

Save nothing. Go wild. Vote the thread a five.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Are there any wish effects, like Mastermind's Acquisition, in the new standard?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

starkebn posted:

Are there any wish effects, like Mastermind's Acquisition, in the new standard?

Yep!

https://mythicspoiler.com/ted/cards/faeofwishes.html

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yes but they're narrower than Masterminds Acquisition. See WotS Karn and M20 Viv.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Cool, thanks

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Do I craft Gilded Gooses for my Gruul deck post-rotation?

Is Gilded Goose even good?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Funkdreamer posted:

Probably? I think you need some incidental food token generation to make it available to tap for mana more often.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Funkdreamer posted:

I don’t think it’s worth it for a Gruul deck.

The first 4 rates everyone should craft is Noble Passage or whatever the new fetch land is called.

Honestly this will be a GREAT block to get caught up with your wild cards because you only need a few copies of the castles instead of a playset of every shock. You can spend your WC on cool poo poo instead of focusing on your mana.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I want to craft my stockpile, when is Old Rain launching?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Arglebargle III posted:

I want to craft my stockpile, when is Old Rain launching?

Thursday

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just how good is paradise druid in a standard with no llanowar elves and no goblin chainwhirlers?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but she’s not an elemental. Incubation Druid is also not like utterly dead after T5. It’ll be neat to see how things shake out.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

resistentialism posted:

Just how good is paradise druid in a standard with no llanowar elves and no goblin chainwhirlers?
There's some crazy 4 drops with Shifting Ceratops and Questing Beast

So I think the idea is instead of turn 1 Elves into turn 2 Spellbreaker/Warboss, it's turn 2 Paradise/Incubation Druid into turn 3 Ceratops/Beast

And Chainwhirler gone is just icing on top

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Just had one of my best wins ever. Topdecked a land into a Nissa, which let me get a Planar Celebration for 4 2/2s. Opponent takes Nissa down to 1, leaves me at 13, I topdeck a Rhonas and attack for lethal. Easily the biggest swing I've had from a pair of topdecks in a game I fully believed I had lost - Izzet drakes is brutal to play against if you can't do anything about flyers. If he'd pulled even a single drake instead of a few chumps, I'd have been dead long before.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If we're going by topdeck stories then I was down to 3 life when I used Agent of Treachery on an enemy Kefnet who then proceeded to reveal Nexus two turns in a row.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I was down to 2 life, opponent was at 14 or something, topdecked cavalcade with 3 spitfires on the board

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve generally had more fun in the last week of Standard 2020 than I’ve had since WAR dropped. I didn’t realize how much I hated how static standard had been until suddenly all the bogeymen are gone and people can just play fun decks.

Hopefully Eldraine stays the course. The adventures are all bonkers obviously but nothing seems as oppressive as Big T

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ya I've been having a good time in Standard 2020 not really running into anything super oppressive.

Planeswalkers are just lovely and I hate pretty much all of them. We still have to deal with a ton of bullshit 3 drops until next year too

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Doltos posted:

Ya I've been having a good time in Standard 2020 not really running into anything super oppressive.

Planeswalkers are just lovely and I hate pretty much all of them. We still have to deal with a ton of bullshit 3 drops until next year too

Planeswalkers are the worst thing in the game. You have to read 12 lines of text when they drop, and Wizards doesn't even have the discipline to limit planeswalkers to one of each type available in standard.

Which annoying Teferi is that on the battlefield again? I'd better read it for the 20th time.

And now we have 3 Chandras in 2020 alone. With 3 Teferis coming in 2021. Fun.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Nissa is the only planeswalker that feels completely egregious to me. It makes me insane everytime i have to face one. I don't know why the hell the animated lands need keywords on top of everything.
Teferi and Narset may be a bit much in older formats but in standard they feel completely fine.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
oh brawl is event and friend matching only? *throws it into garbage*

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Personally I can't wait for 2021, a Teferi for every rarity and CMC I say.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Calling it now, Merfolk Secretkeeper is going to be The Worst to face in drafts. Common, probably not high on bot lists, cheap as poo poo and if you can mass it it's both a good wincon and blockers out the rear end.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I went ahead and bought the mastery pass for M20. Someone in here said it was better to wait to open the packs until after the event ICRs for...reasons. Does it really matter? I can't figure out how - or should I just open this pile of packs.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Calling it now, Merfolk Secretkeeper is going to be The Worst to face in drafts. Common, probably not high on bot lists, cheap as poo poo and if you can mass it it's both a good wincon and blockers out the rear end.

Youd need to draft and play like 7 of them to mill someone. And iff you dont draw 7 of them you just had a bunch of dead rear end draws. It aint gonna happen unless you like losing a lot

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You should just open them because gently caress waiting. They are probably paranoid that ICRs would give gems or something but thats only true for actual event ICRs which I don't think the log in thing counts as.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Packs have dupe protection so you won't get a rare/mythic card that you already have a playset of. The ICRs do not.

In general it's a good idea to sit on packs until you actually want to craft a deck, then open them to see if you get any of the cards you need.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

babypolis posted:

Youd need to draft and play like 7 of them to mill someone. And iff you dont draw 7 of them you just had a bunch of dead rear end draws. It aint gonna happen unless you like losing a lot

I mean if you literally get no other mill cards at all, even though there are quite a few others, then sure - though it's more like 5 - 6. And again I don't think bots will pick it so I don't think that's a pipe dream at all either. Most of the time 3 - 4 will probably be fine with support.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

I mean if you literally get no other mill cards at all, even though there are quite a few others, then sure - though it's more like 5 - 6. And again I don't think bots will pick it so I don't think that's a pipe dream at all either. Most of the time 3 - 4 will probably be fine with support.

What other mill support is out there?

Anyways you are still running into the same issue mill has in any other limited format, which is that you need to draft and play a bunch of cards that have a good chance of doing literally nothing.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

If the bots aren't on the ball the merfolk miller and Didn't Say Please (1UU common counter, mill three) will be this season's artifact dude + Heartpiercer Bow

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

babypolis posted:

What other mill support is out there?

Anyways you are still running into the same issue mill has in any other limited format, which is that you need to draft and play a bunch of cards that have a good chance of doing literally nothing.

The biggest issue with mill in limited is that you get overrun and die before you mill them which a bunch of 1 mana 0/4s should help a lot with (unless it's another fliers rule draft format)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I did my run from bronze to bottom of gold as I do each month in 5 and a half drafts from thursday to today, and I saw 3 bows in all those games. One of them was in my deck and I cast it once. I can't tell if the bots are fixed or people were just loving sick of it. Also with this I say goodbye to M20 limited forever and stare at my modest pile of saved up M20 packs waiting for the NPE, ICR and other bullshit to go by on the 26th.

On topic I did see someone with >7 Sage's row dorks, and I tell you good goons, my UB grind deck did not get there. It did not get there at all.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Doing my pre-reset weeklies this morning, I've opened no less than 3 Awaken the Erstwhile from the daily individual card rewards. Somehow. I didn't even know you could get 3 rares in a row from those much less the same one three times.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Insurrectionist posted:

also synergizes with seven card in graveyard synergies and bounce stuff and adventure synergies

I guess bounces are inherently adventure synergy

it's not the scariest thing in the format, but it's irritating and it'll happen sometimes

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Insurrectionist posted:

Doing my pre-reset weeklies this morning, I've opened no less than 3 Awaken the Erstwhile from the daily individual card rewards. Somehow. I didn't even know you could get 3 rares in a row from those much less the same one three times.

Yeah not to mention that's probably the worst rare in RNA.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Chadzok posted:

If the bots aren't on the ball the merfolk miller and Didn't Say Please (1UU common counter, mill three) will be this season's artifact dude + Heartpiercer Bow

Easily done in ravnica allegiance. You can draft all the thought collapses you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

The Human Crouton posted:

Planeswalkers are the worst thing in the game. You have to read 12 lines of text when they drop, and Wizards doesn't even have the discipline to limit planeswalkers to one of each type available in standard.

Which annoying Teferi is that on the battlefield again? I'd better read it for the 20th time.

And now we have 3 Chandras in 2020 alone. With 3 Teferis coming in 2021. Fun.

gently caress planeswalkers. War of the spark meta was so loving lovely.