Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Good try saffas but how the hell that wasn't offside I really don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
For example

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Whoops

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

bessantj posted:

Good try saffas but how the hell that wasn't offside I really don't know.

Always know an interesting decision when the broadcaster absolutely won't show it and the commentators suddenly shut up about it.

Also yay, Louw's coming on

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
One of those was forwards, surely?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

tarbrush posted:

One of those was forwards, surely?

Graces just seems to ignore the laws.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bessantj posted:

Graces just seems to ignore the laws.

ABs games with a French referee can be a very tense and baffling experience

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Uh... The springbok lifters just lost control of their man, Whitelock did nothing wrong as far as I could see

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Sweet drop goal!

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Smorgasbord posted:

ABs games with a French referee can be a very tense and baffling experience

Fkn lol

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Kitshoff had a monster game

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The cowardice of the international rugby director.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
rip

Take him to a hospital ffs

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
After all that I learned... not a lot. ABs kinda did their play 15 minute thing, SA defended well apart from that 15 min and probably should have scored in first 15. Both teams kinda withdrew second half and yeah, that was it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Definitely a bit of hope for the chasing pack, NZ still look super, but not unbeatable right now

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The QF matchups for those two are from Ireland/Scotland pool, right?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Yeah, honestly. Hoping to play the ABs in the QF. That Bok pack will just kick the living poo poo out of Scotland, at least the ABs play a more expansive game that suits Scotland's play a bit better. Can't see Scotland winning against either side but at least against the ABs it'll be an interesting game of rugby.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You just gotta hope that they get really bored in their next three games and forget how to rugby.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'd say that's 4 good games of the world Cup so far.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Aramoro posted:

I'd say that's 4 good games of the world Cup so far.

Yeah, that's a fair call. Thanks y'all for putting up with my less than incisive commentary and dumb questions. I may not be the foremost expert on this game, but goddamn if I don't love it. I plan to be here all WC as it's a decent timezone for once (for me anyhow), so hopefully the rest of the games are up to th e current standard.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

Uh... The springbok lifters just lost control of their man, Whitelock did nothing wrong as far as I could see

Yeah that was a loving nightmare call, as was the non-yellow earlier in the match. French refs gonna French ref.

Is whoever snapped Savea's head back in that tackle in the first 15 being cited?

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Kolbe is a loving ninja. Mad respect for that guy.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Slumfrog posted:

Yeah, that's a fair call. Thanks y'all for putting up with my less than incisive commentary and dumb questions. I may not be the foremost expert on this game, but goddamn if I don't love it. I plan to be here all WC as it's a decent timezone for once (for me anyhow), so hopefully the rest of the games are up to th e current standard.

I don't know if the timezone is a blessing or a curse for me. It's not even 2pm, and half an hour ago I was ready for bed. I seem to be on my second wind now, but I figure I'll either have my dinner early, go to bed in a food coma and wake up for the early matches tomorrow, or get into that exhausted-but-wired mode where I'll be up until 3am and potentially sleep through tomorrow's games.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I am enjoying it, will be down the pub at half eight tomorrow for the home nations games, and then it'll flow right into the football

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Jedimastafez posted:

Kolbe is a loving ninja. Mad respect for that guy.
Yeah he was my fave, so good.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

tarbrush posted:

I am enjoying it, will be down the pub at half eight tomorrow for the home nations games, and then it'll flow right into the football

What's this "home nations" business? Said as one of the whitest people on earth.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Slumfrog posted:

What's this "home nations" business? Said as one of the whitest people on earth.

It's a pompous name that the British and Irish teams call themselves as a collective group.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Interesting game that... Springboks looked rather good, aside from the 10 minute lapse that gave NZ the game. Could well have been a different result, hope they meet again in the finals.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Slumfrog posted:

Basically the 4 oldest unions from the UK and Ireland because it's where union comes from.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 21, 2019

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Easier to say when talking about them in the British media. They're all "home" teams for the national press and tv.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Slumfrog posted:

It's the best nations plus England.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

It's the best nations plus England.

:hmmyes:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

goatface posted:

Easier to say when talking about them in the British media. They're all "home" teams for the national press and tv.

Bold to think the media consider Scotland at all.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming they think of Northern Ireland, which even the government are basically incapable of.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Only if they need to throw people that believe the dinosaurs are a hoax a billion quid for some votes.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Word of advice, don't do shots for every time Dad de Klerk does a box kick.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Madkal posted:

Dad de Klerk

:hai:

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Vaders Jester posted:

Bold to think the media consider Scotland at all.

They think of Scotland more than any part of England outside of London and the home counties.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is there a South African Namibian national rivalry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NAMIBIA!