Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

El Jebus posted:

This is separate from skunking, which is an adverse reaction by the hops to sunlight.

Yes and I believe specifically UV light - apparently brown glass bottles are best at filtering out that spectrum, followed by green. Clear glass bottles go skunky much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

All beer tastes like wet bread, smells like wet bread and goes down like wet bread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’m very involved with ipas, ama.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why do you subject your self to it ?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Burt Sexual posted:

I’m very involved with ipas, ama.

If it isn't 15 years or more experience in the IPA scene then I ain't buyin

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I heard Aatrek was a beer expert but his experience is definitely less than 15 years.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol

Anyways wife went to Cos and bought some tires. Good deal, but she didn’t have a hot dog waiting. I was like wtf

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Fun fact, Corona pre-skunks their beer a bit on purpose. People were constantly leaving it out in the sun and would notice the difference in quality.

Corona decided it made more sense to ruin all of the beer than to change the bottles or do literally anything else.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Made a rare weekend trip and traded my $200 card rebate for a stainless steel utility sink and a couple of dogs. Feels good

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Our A/C is on the fritz, maintenance can't come for a few days, so we're probably trekking out to the 'Co tomorrow to buy one of those tower fans (I think that's what they're called) that we saw last week for $25.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The people who get "really into" IPAs are kinda like the people who get "really into" extremely hot hot sauces or something.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

poo poo I forgot, I'm drinking some fantastic IPAs from north Iowa tonight.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Enos Cabell posted:

poo poo I forgot, I'm drinking some fantastic IPAs from north Iowa tonight.

You having a Pseudo Sue there fella?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
For all you Australian Costco'ers.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

strangehamster posted:

You having a Pseudo Sue there fella?

King Sue :cool:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Our A/C is on the fritz, maintenance can't come for a few days, so we're probably trekking out to the 'Co tomorrow to buy one of those tower fans (I think that's what they're called) that we saw last week for $25.

Those are great fans. I’ve been using the similar one for like 3+ years.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
We got sherpa’ed up today- currently writing this wrapped in an cloud, it feels.

New windshield wipers, quinoa, two Costa Rica bags of whole bean, Kelly butter... and I got a $9 rebate in cash.

Thanks for the tips y’all. PBUC

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

All praise the Costco gas pumps for the beggars are not allowed to dwell upon the sacred ground looking for a cig or to use my cell phone.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

For all you Australian Costco'ers.

I scrolled by really fast and thought that said $1.99. The Co is good, but it ain't THAT good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinkin bout getting grabbing a dog and a slice today. Might get a burrito and chicharron instead though. Decisions.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinkin bout getting grabbing a dog and a slice today. Might get a burrito and chicharron instead though. Decisions.

ICE agents are en route

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015
Went to church yesterday because football today and picked up a queen size throw blanket and cinnamon pull apart rolls. Both top tier buys imo.

Tried on the hoodie and it wasn't that soft inside? Am I missing something?

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Went to the Co today. Bought a pot pie, some kirkland vodka and one of those hoodies everyone has been raving about. Washed down my shopping with a dog and soda from the food court. PBUC

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Pumpkin pie season is upon us. I will not say how many I've already eaten.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MarcusSA posted:

Those are great fans. I’ve been using the similar one for like 3+ years.

Maintenance actually showed up today, since over 85 degrees is considered an emergency, but drat, this is a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine fan. It's even got interesting settings like 'evening breeze' and some sort of breeze setting randomized to mimic the outdoors.

We also bought a two tier lazy Susan to keep our produce in and some dry good storage canisters.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Maintenance actually showed up today, since over 85 degrees is considered an emergency, but drat, this is a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine fan. It's even got interesting settings like 'evening breeze' and some sort of breeze setting randomized to mimic the outdoors.

We also bought a two tier lazy Susan to keep our produce in and some dry good storage canisters.

PBUC

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

ICE agents are en route

ICE can have my chicharron when they pry it from my cold dead hands

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

How do the Kirkland car batteries fare in the harsh Canadian winter? $115 is about to be waved in front of their faces.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

DadWilly posted:

How do the Kirkland car batteries fare in the harsh Canadian winter? $115 is about to be waved in front of their faces.

Batteries are batteries, there are very few companies that actually manufacturer them, lots that rebadge. Costco batteries are legit because Costco is legit.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Batteries are batteries, there are very few companies that actually manufacturer them, lots that rebadge. Costco batteries are legit because Costco is legit.
Pretty much this. My costco truck battery was about 1/2 the price of a comparable one elsewhere. I have no complaints about it, other than that I decided to buy it right before I went off my dad's Costco membership and got my own Executive membership like an adult and didn't get the $2 back on my rebate. :qq:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I've had a Kirkland battery for 4 years in Winnipeg with zero problems, and it's started my car without the block heater on -20 mornings.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
My dad got some canned salmon and it's so good. Canned salmon usually looks nasty and doesn't taste very good. This has all the fatty loveliness of fresher salmon. I was doing a standard tuna sandwich style with mayo, but I felt like it needed some umami. Put some soy sauce and powdered ginger in it and oh my God.

I think it could have benefited from a touch of acidity. Maybe next time a bit of lemon juice will seal the deal. Costco you've done it again.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Taima posted:

been involved with those brewing them for 15+ years, how IPAs work.

"the bartender at the brewpub will occasionally talk to me"

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

skooma512 posted:

My dad got some canned salmon and it's so good. Canned salmon usually looks nasty and doesn't taste very good. This has all the fatty loveliness of fresher salmon. I was doing a standard tuna sandwich style with mayo, but I felt like it needed some umami. Put some soy sauce and powdered ginger in it and oh my God.

I think it could have benefited from a touch of acidity. Maybe next time a bit of lemon juice will seal the deal. Costco you've done it again.
I get the canned pink salmon because I don’t like chunk light tuna and we’re supposed to worry about mercury and not eat white albacore every day or some nonsense. I put a little mayonnaise in mostly for the texture and then spicy brown mustard in the salmon and it gives it that acidity I agree it needs. The first time I tried it I put tuna salad quantities of mayo in and with the fat in the salmon it was kind of greasy or something.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DadWilly posted:

Costco sold me an Interstate brand battery. It was half the price of equivalent batteries elsewhere.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My Honda Fit takes a little bitty baby battery in a weird size and Costco doesn't carry it and cannot order it :mad:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

canyoneer posted:

My Honda Fit takes a little bitty baby battery in a weird size and Costco doesn't carry it and cannot order it :mad:

lol wait until you need to get tires too.

There's nothing normal about that car. I've had to special order every tire change.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Renegret posted:

There's nothing normal about that car. I've had to special order every tire change.

I put on bigger tires about 100k miles ago, no regrets.

Costco were big old jerks about changing tires on my Scion tC a couple years ago. Factory stock is 215/45ZR17, and they wouldn't sell me anything less than Z rated tires. That car's not coming anywhere near 145 mph unless I strapped an ACME rocket on top of it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

canyoneer posted:

Renegret posted:

Fun. Looking forward to it. At least the dealership is like three blocks away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Bummey posted:

Fun. Looking forward to it. At least the dealership is like three blocks away.

It's a great car though, and has been my lowest total cost of ownership vehicle by a big margin.