Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tarbrush posted:

That man in the union jack suit needs to die a sudden painful death

I saw both those guys on the way in, they got to the area early to neck beers in a convenience store parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tonga are just showing slight inexperience, they're turning Genge inside out in the scrum, there are penalties there for them.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Like that.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

harperdc posted:

I saw both those guys on the way in, they got to the area early to neck beers in a convenience store parking lot.

That fits

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

England have looked really disjointed for big parts of this match.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

bessantj posted:

England have looked really disjointed for big parts of this match.

Yeah. It's entirely preventable handling errors.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. It's entirely preventable handling errors.

I think the big concern for them will be the penalties they were giving away at the breakdown.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Aramoro posted:

Tonga are just showing slight inexperience, they're turning Genge inside out in the scrum, there are penalties there for them.

Genge is good in the loose, nice passing but his scrummaging is pretty poor. Glasgow absolutely bodied him when they played Leicester a few years ago.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
loving hell. Amazing by Watson, then appalling

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
JJ!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

God that was so much harder than it should have been.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I know he's got some issues but JJ should be playing more.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I dunno. He's not nearly as good defensively as his competition. I think he's well cast as a guy to bring on against tiring legs.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Ugo talks a lot of shite on commentary.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
As bad as they've been with the ball, I think England will be pretty happy with how they've defended

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

England seem to eschew the second half in games these days.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

A bit boring for the neutral, England could’ve made it a bigger lead and Tonga never really threatened.

At least we got a couple free beers from the stand nearby! This is the last of two games at the venue so I’m not sure they needed to keep any Heinekens around.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

harperdc posted:

A bit boring for the neutral, England could’ve made it a bigger lead and Tonga never really threatened.

At least we got a couple free beers from the stand nearby! This is the last of two games at the venue so I’m not sure they needed to keep any Heinekens around.

Plus it's Heineken so that's probably the right price.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Premptive strike!

RWC: Pool D: Wales v Georgia

WHERE:
Toyota Stadium

WHEN:
Monday 23rd September in the year of our lord 2019

KICK OFF:

11.15 BST
19.15 Local time
Other times are available

MATCH OFFICIALS:
Referee: Luke Pearce
Assistant 1: Ben O'Keeffe (ophthalmologist)
Assistant 2: Matthew Carley
TMO: Rowan Kitt

PREVIOUS MEETING:
Wales 13-6 Georgia

MEET THE GANG (Captains in bold):

Wales:

quote:

15. Liam Williams
14. George North
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Hadleigh Parkes
11. Josh Adams
10. Dan Biggar
9. Gareth Davies

1. Wyn Jones
2. Ken Owens
3. Tomas Francis
4. Jake Ball
5. Alun-Wyn Jones
6. Aaron Wainwright
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Josh Navidi.

Replacements: Nicky Smith, Elliot Dee, Dillon Lewis, Aaron Shingler, Ross Moriarty, Tomos Williams, Rhys Patchell, Leigh Halfpenny

GEORGIA:

quote:

15. Soso Matiashvili
14. Miriani Modebadze
13. Davit Kacharava
12. Tamaz Mchedlidze
11. Giorgi Kveseladze
10. Tedo Abzhandadze
9. Vasil Lobzhanidze

1. Mikheil Nariashvili
2. Shalva Mamukashvili
3. Beka Gigashvili
4. Giorgi Nemsadzi
5. Konstantine Mikautadze
6. Giorgi Tkhilaishvili
7. Mamuka Gorgodze
8. Beka Gorgodze

Replacements: Jaba Bregvadze, Guram Gogichashvili, Levan Chilachava, Shalva Sutiashvili, Beka Saginadze, Otari Giorgadze, Gela Aprasidze, Lasha Khmaladze.

This will be one for the ages people, don't miss out!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Also

MATCH OFFICIALS:
Referee: Luke Pearce
Assistant 1: Ben O'Keeffe (ophthalmologist)
Assistant 2: Matthew Carley
TMO: Rowan Kitt

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

bessantj posted:

This will be one for the ages people, don't miss out!

Geh don’t give me that; I’ve got tickets but can’t go in the end.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Quick power rankings through the first 7 games

1 New Zealand

2 Ireland

3 South Africa

4 England

5 Australia

6 France

7 Argentina

8 Fiji

9 Japan

10 Italy

11 Scotland

12 Tonga

13 Russia

14 Namibia

Quick Thoughts: South Africa played decent enough against the world champs to stay in the top 3. Ireland look like the best (only?) chance for a Northern Hemisphere Finalist. England, France, Italy all looked sketchy while winning. Scotland is putrid.  The Aussies are thanking the Rugby Gods that the game wasn't 60 minutes instead of 80, and that their high tackle wasn't punished. 

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Thought England were fine to be honest, they didn't really get out of third gear and won at a canter with a BP.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Ball-handling must improve if they're going to go far, but they're still ahead of the Aussies and the rest.

(I should have say that Ireland look like the best/only shot for a N Hemisphere finalist SO FAR)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

Thought England were fine to be honest, they didn't really get out of third gear and won at a canter with a BP.

They need to reduce the handling and the penalties. Those are things which are not really related to the opposition. If they play that way against top tier opposition they'll get punished for it. This is more specific but I think England have an issue they don't have 2 top tier front rows, especially in the scrum, that could be an issue in a close game after 60 mins.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I thought England's handling and penalties problem was mostly down to them not really going through the gears almost as if the game was a training run. They still seem to have difficulty taking their first half performance into the second half and i think that could see them come a cropper in the knock out games.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Who the hell is Iain Peyton

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

If anybody is going to matches — the RWC has changed their policy, you can now bring in outside food to the stadium. Outside drinks still barred.

https://twitter.com/japan2019_eng/status/1175957734786662400

Bringing food in is pretty normal for baseball/soccer matches in Japan, and will help stem that whole “running out of food at concessions stands” issue they had this weekend.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Hamish Watson is out due to the knee injury suffered against Ireland. Magnus Bradbury steps in as a replacement.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Let’s loving go Cymry

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Lol Dan

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

This has been some good work by Wales in the opening quarter.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Having to listen on the radio as I'm at work. Commentators are absolutely scathing about the Georgian defence.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Georgia appear to have met the humidity and immediately collapsed in thermal shock.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The hysterical screaming is getting on my nerves. They shouldn’t have mic’d Dan Biggar :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They just seem physically and mentally shot.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

That's a yellow.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I am very sad for my adopted Georgian sons. The humidity is clearly killing them.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Georgia has the best kit imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bonus point baby!