Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I think the green midrange deck of the future is sultai

Krasis is still around and murderous rider+Assassin's trophy make black very attractive.

Plus Goose loves being paired with Oko and sultai is a great shell for that combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

IMJack posted:

Green core with enough black & white to play Garruk and Tolsimir is my rough plan for a wolf deck.

This unpleasant-looking thing is a wolf: http://mythicspoiler.com/ted/cards/fiercewitchstalker.html It makes a food on ETB too.

I saw that too. I was already planning to run 4-of Nightpack Predator and Wicked Wolf so I don't know how well that would play. Some potential synergies though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thanks to whomever recommended untapped.gg, I appreciate how clean and easy to parse its progress tracker is

Edit: I finally got a win after I posted this so my track record of benefiting from complaining on the internet is still quite good

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 23, 2019

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
When you just need to stylishly show your friends how poo poo you are.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
what IS this little green flower bud "renewal" thing? is it something that appears on your profile? do ii need to actually do ranked for it to show up?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Relin posted:

what IS this little green flower bud "renewal" thing? is it something that appears on your profile? do ii need to actually do ranked for it to show up?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I think the profile page thing is just showing next to mastery to indicate the end date for core 2020 mastery. Mine's kind of glowy and makes sound and does an animation if I click it but doesn't really do anything else.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Rexxed posted:

I think the profile page thing is just showing next to mastery to indicate the end date for core 2020 mastery. Mine's kind of glowy and makes sound and does an animation if I click it but doesn't really do anything else.

You will get to open the renewal rewards once Eldraine hits, that's the point. Everyone who has played before the 26th will get the rewards, and if you purchase the Eldraine mastery then you'll get some extra stuff as well that's listed in the picture.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I just had someone play Tendershoot Dryad and get 4 copies with a Mirror March and I still won? I'm so confused, I don't know what happened but...OK?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

I just had someone play Tendershoot Dryad and get 4 copies with a Mirror March and I still won? I'm so confused, I don't know what happened but...OK?

So they got 4 bears temporarily, seems pretty underwhelming.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

its almost as if Mirror march sucks and is a poo poo card

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mirror March with Risen Reef...

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just looked at the set and there's exactly one Wolf card, unless I'm missing something.

I will probably still try to brew a Tolsimir/Arlinn deck

I actually made this in Selesnya a couple months back and it was pretty decent. Unfortunately, I think that black cars that -3s a creature type kills it dead

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I actually made this in Selesnya a couple months back and it was pretty decent. Unfortunately, I think that black cars that -3s a creature type kills it dead

Yeah but it’s Abzan wolves so you maindeck 3 duress

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want to see if B/G adventure with all the black adventure knights/Edgewall Innkeeper/Lucky Clover can do anything.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Is that image saying that if I purchase the Eldraine mastery before the 26th I'll get 6 extra packs?

I had a fantastic jank match last night. I was usin' my Kill'em deck (you know which quest it's designed for). My opponent is on the play. T1 they drop two Leyline of Abundances and one Llanowar Elf. T2 a Paradise Druid and Steel-Leaf Champion. T3 Nissa and manlands and +1/+1 counters up the wazoo.

Meanwhile I'm just Walk the Planking and Cast Downing the bigger guys until my T4 Ritual of Soot, then a Ravenous Chupacabra which I Spark Harvested to kill the Nissa.

Got him down to nothin' but those two Leylines by turn seven or so.

Met my quest goal.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hammer Bro. posted:

Is that image saying that if I purchase the Eldraine mastery before the 26th I'll get 6 extra packs?
No. The image is saying log in on the 26th. That's it. Log in on the 26th.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

No. The image is saying log in on the 26th. That's it. Log in on the 26th.

More correctly, log in before the 26th to get the rewards on or after the 26th. This is aimed at getting new players to sign up.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Untapped doesn't seem to do enough to replace arena tool, even though I dislike arena tool. It doesn't even distinguish between playlists?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

kater posted:

Untapped doesn't seem to do enough to replace arena tool, even though I dislike arena tool. It doesn't even distinguish between playlists?

Yeah it does, scroll down.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Oceanbound posted:

More correctly, log in before the 26th to get the rewards on or after the 26th. This is aimed at getting new players to sign up.
I wanted to keep it simple since Hammer Bro said last week they only play arena after going goopy brain doing high end coding or something.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I hit level 70, so I will easily cruise to level 72, and as I'm on the free pass because I didn't want a dumb fire cat, I am happy at maxing out.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spiderdrake posted:

I wanted to keep it simple since Hammer Bro said last week they only play arena after going goopy brain doing high end coding or something.

High end coding and the movement of furniture, thank you.

This week I struggled with y = mx + b and relocating chickens. Both more complex operations than you might expect.

Next week maybe I'll manage to figure out how to put pants on correctly.

I should work on my summaries.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
I tried using the FiveFreeLevels code, and it accepted the code but it didn't seem to actually do anything. Is it supposed to work immediately?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

SageNytell posted:

I tried using the FiveFreeLevels code, and it accepted the code but it didn't seem to actually do anything. Is it supposed to work immediately?

It did the same thing for me. I played for 20-30 minutes then went back the store and it triggered.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

SageNytell posted:

What level are you, and do you have the M20 Mastery pass?

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
19? I just started the other day, and I don't have the mastery pass. Certainly not worth it at this point, right?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

SageNytell posted:

19? I just started the other day, and I don't have the mastery pass. Certainly not worth it at this point, right?

if you get the mastery pass, you get all the rewards you've earned up to now too.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i am extremely bored of m20 draft and ready for a new environment. just hit plat with a double Skeleton/double Murder/double Splinters deck with Blood for Bones and Scholar of the Ages. three of the seven wins were to opponents conceding after i demonstrated the Bones/Scholar loop.

deck also had a Cavalier of Gales, sometimes you just have it

m20 was a fun format to figure out but theres a real lack of diversity. theres only a few viable color combinations and 2/3 of them have black as one of their colors

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

so, turns out that reanimator deck is really good jank if you can go duress, thought erasure, thought erasure, tamiyo (get back thought erasure), thought erasure, thought erasure.

how does the kelthis deck ever beat simic flash if teferi costs 3 and negate costs 2? The math just doesn't work out.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 24, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

SageNytell posted:

Someone made a google sheet that shows you how much value you'll get from the M20 Mastery Pass, but since your level is so low and the pass expires in 3 days, you're better off saving your gems.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
drat so I took a break because I started playing Persona 5. Looks like I gotta grind out 20 levels by the 26th?

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Use the code FiveBonusLevels for five bonus levels if you haven't already

Good luck!!!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

E2M2 posted:

drat so I took a break because I started playing Persona 5. Looks like I gotta grind out 20 levels by the 26th?

You'll just never see the Chandra sleeves comin

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

A Moose posted:

so, turns out that reanimator deck is really good jank if you can go duress, thought erasure, thought erasure, tamiyo (get back thought erasure), thought erasure, thought erasure.

how does the kelthis deck ever beat simic flash if teferi costs 3 and negate costs 2? The math just doesn't work out.

if this happened in shop i'd throw hands at you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

E2M2 posted:

You could always spend gems

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

A Moose posted:

duress, thought erasure, thought erasure, tamiyo (get back thought erasure), thought erasure, thought erasure.

If these aren't song lyrics already, they should be.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The only game I’ve lost to Grixis in the last month or so is one in which my opponent cast Enter the God-Eternals 3 turns in a row, and if they’d cast literally any other card in their deck I’d have won. Yarok doesn’t give a gently caress how many cards you make it discard because every draw is total gas once you hit like 6 mana.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Yeah I couldn't make much traction with grixis decks this month so I ended up finishing up the climb to mythic with vampires. I think I was playing the new player vampires deck about a year ago when I started, so it was a little nostalgic, kind of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I will not miss Nexus of Fate but I will miss those perfect games where I play mythic Chandra, then spark double on Chandra and stack enough emblems that their extra turns kill them