Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I also have the Litchfield, must have bought it before tuning out for months. It's more expensive than the bolt.

Should I get the bolt anyway? Like.... No one seemed to be using the litch in death match

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

Logged on and my 80 plus day streak was reset to 0. Eat a bag of dicks Rockstar.

I also got this. I kept getting one of those x000xx0x0 failure to connect errors last night and when I finally did get into free roam, I did an easy challenge and it said I was on day 1, despite the fact that I still had 40 minutes until reset.

I also caught the wide-face bug that's been going around. Instead of looking vaguely like Gates McFadden in a holodeck episode of Star Trek, my character now looks vaguely like Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man, so it's a relatively mild case. I hope they give affected players an appearance voucher or something.

KoRMaK posted:

I also have the Litchfield, must have bought it before tuning out for months. It's more expensive than the bolt.

Should I get the bolt anyway? Like.... No one seemed to be using the litch in death match
I've fared pretty well with the Litchfield, but over time it's taken a backseat to the Evans for PvP and random NPC firefights. With the right ability cards like Paint it Black, the Litchfield can wreak havoc. Supposedly the Lancaster is still king of PvP but I have yet to buy it because I'm biased toward guns that allow lots of shots before reloading. I have no complaints about my bolt-action though. I use it in almost all situations: hunting, bounties, hideouts, and a lot of the showdown modes.

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 19, 2019

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Are the xp rewards for the Outlaw Club retroactive? Been playing more than I expected the last few days and those masks for the horse are looking mighty tempting. I'm considering dropping the five bucks on the one time gold deal in the PS store.

And when does the server tick over and start new daily challenges? Midnight pacific time?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

HatJudge posted:

Are the xp rewards for the Outlaw Club retroactive? Been playing more than I expected the last few days and those masks for the horse are looking mighty tempting. I'm considering dropping the five bucks on the one time gold deal in the PS store.

And when does the server tick over and start new daily challenges? Midnight pacific time?

Yes and yes.

To elaborate, I got my Outlaw pass when I was at about rank 25 and it's been worth it, IMO. Got all the other stuff for earlier levels. Also, yeah, everything changes at 3 am for me, so that's midnight on the Pacific coast

Edit: still wondering if there is an established pattern for Nazar's movements.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 19, 2019

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Nice. I've been playing on and off since the beta, and as such had built up a solid cache of gold. A little while ago I decided to blow it all on random poo poo, since I'll never play enough to unlock the good horses or anything else of value. Fast forward two weeks and here I am considering paying real money for a flag for my camp and a dumb mask for my horse. A horse that I'll most likely upgrade in a month or so.

Rockstar :argh:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
The horse masks are actually considered saddle accessories so I'm pretty sure you can just use them on every potential new horse.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Dick Jones posted:

I also got this. I kept getting one of those x000xx0x0 failure to connect errors last night and when I finally did get into free roam, I did an easy challenge and it said I was on day 1, despite the fact that I still had 40 minutes until reset.

I also caught the wide-face bug that's been going around. Instead of looking vaguely like Gates McFadden in a holodeck episode of Star Trek, my character now looks vaguely like Kirsten Dunst in Spider-Man, so it's a relatively mild case. I hope they give affected players an appearance voucher or something.

I've fared pretty well with the Litchfield, but over time it's taken a backseat to the Evans for PvP and random NPC firefights. With the right ability cards like Paint it Black, the Litchfield can wreak havoc. Supposedly the Lancaster is still king of PvP but I have yet to buy it because I'm biased toward guns that allow lots of shots before reloading. I have no complaints about my bolt-action though. I use it in almost all situations: hunting, bounties, hideouts, and a lot of the showdown modes.

Now that they sped up the reload animations, the bolt action is amazing. It was already great pre-DLC, but now you're an unstoppable headshot machine when you use it. I've stopped using the Lancaster and switched the Bolt.

Regarding the reset, I made it past the DLC and everything without it happening and then yesterday randomly. I actually sent a ticket in asking if it can be fixed, but I am sure it can't be.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

HatJudge posted:

11pm pacific time

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

I sent a ticket regarding the challenges last night. They responded saying they know of the problem and are working on it but they couldn't give a date as to when the fix will go live.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Diephoon posted:

The horse masks are actually considered saddle accessories so I'm pretty sure you can just use them on every potential new horse.

It seems that way, yes. Turns out they're horrible, and not in a fun way, on my tiny free arabian. Oh well. Time to save up money for som big fuckoff war horse I guess.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I really dig the whole "tool around in a beautiful open world and build up an empire/business" thing that this and GTAO have going on; I just wish that you could play that without having to deal with certain kinds of players, and I can't think of any examples off the top of my head right now, inflicting their idea of fun on you

I know that people figured out how to glitch public lobbies in GTA, maybe they'll figure it out here too. If not, there's always single player

Ive wondered what this game (or even gtao) would be like if r* just removed the radar completely from the game. At this point i know how to navigate the entire map by waypoints and landmarks and all the radar adds is pinpointing me to grief/gank crews. I know this wish will never come true since r* is still using the same gps pathway system from gta3 and its probably the most stable game code in their arsenal.

GeorgieMordor
Jan 23, 2015

Diephoon posted:

Seconding this, the battle pass isn't really grindy at all if you're going to play a lot. I just finished it yesterday. It will pay back your gold in increments of 7 bars every so many levels.

Is this the same thing as the Outlaw Pass? That you buy in the General Store?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yes. It’s super easy to level

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Clavavisage posted:

Ive wondered what this game (or even gtao) would be like if r* just removed the radar completely from the game. At this point i know how to navigate the entire map by waypoints and landmarks and all the radar adds is pinpointing me to grief/gank crews. I know this wish will never come true since r* is still using the same gps pathway system from gta3 and its probably the most stable game code in their arsenal.

Okay.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder how long it'll take Rockstar to fix Bounty Hunter. A few months? 90% of my missions take me to another session so I don't even bother doing bounties.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

When are they going to incorporate more horses into the capture the flag pvp

Thankfully they added collector, I've had way more fun the last two nights doing that than the bare PvP DM of beta.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Jimbot posted:

I wonder how long it'll take Rockstar to fix Bounty Hunter. A few months? 90% of my missions take me to another session so I don't even bother doing bounties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU-E1YzeBwc

This worked for me, but you gotta be in the mood to grind out bounty missions and keep it going before the glitch comes back. Right now my biggest problem is Cripps refuses to pitch camp or leave it pitched.

Cripps production company halted! No supplies!

No poo poo if you'd leave the drat camp up I could give you my whole hunting wagon you jerk :mad:

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The thing that works for me is sending my horse away before accepting the bounty. The black screen is the game popping you on your horse, if he's not there, it doesn't happen for me.

Then call him back after a few moments and get started.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU-E1YzeBwc

This worked for me, but you gotta be in the mood to grind out bounty missions and keep it going before the glitch comes back. Right now my biggest problem is Cripps refuses to pitch camp or leave it pitched.

Cripps production company halted! No supplies!

No poo poo if you'd leave the drat camp up I could give you my whole hunting wagon you jerk :mad:

Yea this glitch used to drive me nuts till I found out if you create a posse it will force a camp to be pitched.

GeorgieMordor
Jan 23, 2015
Roughly what's the best horse you can have around rank 21-30? I've grown attached to my starter horse but she's a bit too slow lately.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

GeorgieMordor posted:

Roughly what's the best horse you can have around rank 21-30? I've grown attached to my starter horse but she's a bit too slow lately.

Everyone is going to say something different. A lot of people are getting to rank 20 of their favoured role, and the horses from those are head and shoulders above anything available at 20-30. Otherwise the chestnut Arabian is great for the money.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Arabian is small but has great handling and everytime I roll into town someone tells me how purdy she is.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Yea this glitch used to drive me nuts till I found out if you create a posse it will force a camp to be pitched.

No joy, I spawn in and get the message that Cripps packed up my camp instantly. Form posse, make camp, Cripps has packed up your camp.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Any goon posse for the xbone?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Foehammer007 posted:

Any goon posse for the xbone?

I play at odd times but I believe your on my friends list. If I have time and your on I will shoot you a message to posse up for stuff.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Interesting. I did the solo lobby glitch with a bounty, then the second I could bring up menus again I pitched my camp. Cripps instantly threw it up, and the server never repopulated. Animal spawns didn't seem quite full but there was enough, and the lobby remained empty after a resupply and sale. loving weird.

GeorgieMordor
Jan 23, 2015
What’s the deal with camp sometimes being someplace on the map, other times not?

And when I request to have it set up somewhere when I don’t see it, nothing happens?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

GeorgieMordor posted:

What’s the deal with camp sometimes being someplace on the map, other times not?

And when I request to have it set up somewhere when I don’t see it, nothing happens?

Probably the same thing that people on this very page are talking about.

In other news, don't try 4-Star Legendary Bounty unless you have a creative solution for transporting three bounties (or the wagon).

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
How much potent miracle cure do I have to drink to cure tuberculosis :smith:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How much potent miracle cure do I have to drink to cure tuberculosis :smith:

At first I thought it was, like, a temporary status condition brought on by me spending all my time hanging out in the Grizzlies...

Also thought it might've been a story reason for Arthur to spend some time in New Austin... :smith:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Funso Banjo posted:

Everyone is going to say something different. A lot of people are getting to rank 20 of their favoured role, and the horses from those are head and shoulders above anything available at 20-30. Otherwise the chestnut Arabian is great for the money.

I was surprised when I found out you could get an Arabian in the 20's and bought one immediately. Much better stats than everything else at that level (if you don't mind its timidness).

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I had the Arabian as my starter horse since it came free with my pre-order, but after a while I realized it's roughly the size of a donkey so I bought me a giant white Shire and haven't looked back.

General online question: What are you guys spending money on? I just got the medium trading wagon and I realized getting a near free $150+ every time I sit down to play is more than I'll ever need to spend, but a lot of this thread seems to be, like, where's my drat cash Rockstar? I've got my guns and gear in a happy place, I have 999 ammo sitting in my lockbox at all times, I have all the clothes I could want, I'm doing pretty good at my camp upgrades, etc. Every time I do splurge my entire bank account on ability cards or whatever I can get that back up into the hundreds very easily, and that was before roles were released. The days of grinding out bird feathers and fish for pennies on the hour are a foggy memory at this point.

The Narrator posted:

At first I thought it was, like, a temporary status condition brought on by me spending all my time hanging out in the Grizzlies...

Also thought it might've been a story reason for Arthur to spend some time in New Austin... :smith:

I loved that when you finally do get to go there, the main hub town from the first game is a desolate Cholera ridden shithole. It sucks for online though, because there's a loooot of land between Tumbleweed and Blackwater with no butcher available.

Same goes for the entire northeast corner of the map, actually. It's pretty weird that there isn't a butcher in Van Horn or Annesburg, considering how the entire region is rugged mountain men doing forest things. The Trapper was always up there in single player so I never noticed but now I don't really ever bother going up there.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

Logged on and my 80 plus day streak was reset to 0. Eat a bag of dicks Rockstar.

It is broken and they know it. Complain to support, make sure you mention that it was an eighty day streak. When filling out the ticket, put down under "expected outcome" that you would like your streak and bonuses restored.

No guarantees but I got fifty gold and an apology for being unable to fix my streak.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Is there any way for them to verify your streak, or is this an honesty sort of thing?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

its all nice on rice posted:

Is there any way for them to verify your streak, or is this an honesty sort of thing?

my thoughts exactly. I’m about to go crying to R* about my Extremely Real 500 day streak being broken

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Got ambushed near camp by some hillbillies. They drove a flaming cart into the road which I of course slammed right into and got thrown from my horse. Somehow despite this I managed to murder most of them but as I was picking off a couple that were running away in panic the game said I lead enemies to the camp and took away some honour and respawned me.

Curious.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

My favorite ambush was when one of them suddenly popped out from behind a tree, fired a shotgun into the air to scare my horse into bucking me off and running, and booked it. I chased him down into the woods and fell into a loving pit trap, and had to take out the ones that came to finish me off.

Charles has it right in going for the sawed-off.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

titties posted:

It is broken and they know it. Complain to support, make sure you mention that it was an eighty day streak. When filling out the ticket, put down under "expected outcome" that you would like your streak and bonuses restored.

No guarantees but I got fifty gold and an apology for being unable to fix my streak.

I sent something in last week and haven't heard yet, I essentially said that too. Hoping they gift me some gold to make up for it - I am legitimately mad at a video game. :mad:

Oh Snapple! posted:

My favorite ambush was when one of them suddenly popped out from behind a tree, fired a shotgun into the air to scare my horse into bucking me off and running, and booked it. I chased him down into the woods and fell into a loving pit trap, and had to take out the ones that came to finish me off.

That's up on the northern side of the map - either Butcher's Creek or somewhere near there. It is one of the coolest random events in SP. When I stumbled onto it, my amazing horse didn't buck me but she shouldn't run no matter what I did - it was like when you are at cliff. So I jumped to take off after the people and promptly fell head first into the pit trap. My poor horse was trying to protect me.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 23, 2019

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrvMCC61Wv4&t=1s

:unsmigghh:

Edit:

Been noticing a repeatable problem: If you get an empty lobby (either by doing a bounty mission or a resupply for Cripps), everything works as it should. Bounties work, animals spawn, the camp will stay pitched or you can move it around and it'll spawn in the region you chose, etc.

The second the server repopulates, poo poo starts breaking. Camp gets packed up and Cripps refuses to pitch it again, animal population plummets, bounties give black screens and might give an empty lobby might not.

Starting to think all the problems with this update can be traced back to server overhead. When there's 17 players on the server, things get iffy. At 18, poo poo stops working.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm starting to think Rockstar looked at the baffling success of Fallout 76 and stopped caring about gamebreaking bugs.