Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

canyoneer posted:

My Honda Fit takes a little bitty baby battery in a weird size and Costco doesn't carry it and cannot order it :mad:

I would recommend getting a bigger battery holder and stuffing a regular sized battery in the car. My Element is kind of the same and people will put a bigger battery holder in that one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

canyoneer posted:

It's a great car though, and has been my lowest total cost of ownership vehicle by a big margin.

I have a '07 fit, and my wife has a '14 escape.

Since I've known her, we've dumped significantly more money into her car than mine.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Nothing on there for our 2012 Grand Cherokee. It apparently takes an AGM battery, but it still chugging along. It also is located under the passenger seat, which I still find strange.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I had a 90s Audi that had the battery under the back seat, which was goddamn annoying.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I have a 2013 Honda Fit. I love it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I may have posted this, but tire talk reminded me that Costco couldn’t replace my tires on the 4Runner. Stock 21” rims. Big, but still. I had to go somewhere else.

naem
May 29, 2011

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
21" is a weird size, what year and model is that?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

StormDrain posted:

21" is a weird size, what year and model is that?

Maybe I’m misremembering 2009 limited

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
If my Accord got totaled I'd probably want to get a Fit with a manual transmission next.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

'19, and yeah, same. It's weird having a reliable car. 40 miles per gallon is pretty dang good too. Near the end my old Blazer was getting, like, 6.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
08 Fit Sport dustbuster gang checking in

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Burt Sexual posted:

I may have posted this, but tire talk reminded me that Costco couldn’t replace my tires on the 4Runner. Stock 21” rims. Big, but still. I had to go somewhere else.

My Costco is pretty relaxed about tires. Since I import a bunch of poo poo from Japan none of it is in their systems for batteries -OR- tires but I can bring in loose wheels to them and they'll install whatever tires I ask them to, warranty and all. I order the tires online and have them shipped to the store, then bring the wheels to them and they'll install them pretty quickly.
Batteries I just physically bring them in and eyeball it with measurements for the space they have to go. Lots of JDM Land Cruisers have dual batteries, sometimes in series sometimes parallel.

Just recently (last week) they installed these KO2s on these wheels while off of the truck, and I still get the roadside and warranty, a total of five because the full-size spare is hanging off the rear end:

It's a 1984 Daihatsu Rugger and you can imagine when you rattle that name off to the person in front of the computer they just go "???" Doubt they'll have the battery available though if I ever need to replace it, the OEM size is fuckin' giant look at this thing

The battery is almost as long as the block!

gently caress yeah that's hot, are the white letters on the tires bottom picture one of those decal/sticker type things you apply on the tires themselves or? White letters are the best on tires imho

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

skooma512 posted:

If my Accord got totaled I'd probably want to get a Fit with a manual transmission next.

My last car was a 2008 manual Toyota Yaris, which is practically the same thing. I loved it, but when I moved out of the city, I needed something burlier, so now I have an Impreza. Which I also love.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I wish there was more leg room in a Fit, because that looks really good for a shockingly inexpensive car.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

I wish there was more leg room in a Fit, because that looks really good for a shockingly inexpensive car.

I don’t own a fit ( I have an accord) but it’s a drat good car for the price. Probably the best for the money tbh.

I would have bought a fit but I drive family around a lot and needed the extra room in the back.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MAZDA 3 supremacy BITCHES

(this is the only photo I have that has any of my car in it)

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 24, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

binge crotching posted:

It's surprisingly roomy. My wife is 6' with long legs and she fits (:haw:) in it very well

I'm really bugged that the 2020 Electric Fit is going to be Japan and Europe only. A plug-in electric Fit is pretty much my perfect car.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Do all the fit, yaris and Mazda 2 drivers get together and bully Nissan Versa owners.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

priznat posted:

Do all the fit, yaris and Mazda 2 drivers get together and bully Nissan Versa owners.

No. Nissan owners have suffered enough

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

canyoneer posted:

No. Nissan owners have suffered enough

:lol: true

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

canyoneer posted:

It's surprisingly roomy. My wife is 6' with long legs and she fits (:haw:) in it very well

I'm really bugged that the 2020 Electric Fit is going to be Japan and Europe only. A plug-in electric Fit is pretty much my perfect car.

I'm half a foot taller, but maybe it's worth giving one a test drive.

Perfect excuse to try the Costco auto program out.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

skooma512 posted:

good luck finding that. you are a unicorn; the kind of person who drives a fit cannot drive manual.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

good luck finding that. you are a unicorn; the kind of person who drives a fit cannot drive manual.

It's not that I can't (I can't), it's that I don't want the hassle of doing it while driving. Do it for me. I just want to focus on the driving.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
90% of driving is inching miserably thru traffic to a destination you're dreading anyway

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Modern automatics don't have any kind of maintenance or mileage disadvantages over manual anymore, so unless you plan on going full car crazy and autocrossing or something there is no real reason for them anymore. But that really sucks we aren't getting that all electric fit, I'd get one of those in a second, that would be perfect for this island.

Washout fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 25, 2019

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

My wife and I have really enjoyed our 2010 Fit, but right now we have two kids in cars seats in the back, and I (6’1”) can’t comfortably ride in the passenger seat with a rear facing car seat behind the passenger seat. We’re considering a new car, but we really like our fit.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Washout posted:

Modern automatics don't have any kind of maintenance or mileage disadvantages over manual anymore, so unless you plan on going full car crazy and autocrossing or something there is no real reason for them anymore. But that really sucks we aren't getting that all electric fit, I'd get one of those in a second, that would be perfect for this island.

yeah that, in fact that's the opposite these days-- automatics are more fuel efficiency. once you don't constrain yourself to a small 5-6 set of gears, you can get ~10-15% more fuel efficiency out of any modern automatic. intentionally going with lower fuel efficiency is like why, sitting in stop n go traffic isn't made any better, just put on some audiobooks/podcasts. manual transmissions enthusiasts are the car equivalent of gross audiophile linux nerds that derive self-identity and worth from it. like ok you got a hand me down old car or a sick deal on a used one that just happened, cool. but lol seeking out a new car in tyool intentionally with one is dumb

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Costco chat taken over by Fit chat.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Fellow 2013 Honda Fit owner checking in, it’s been a great car with 92k miles and zero major issues.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
How many Costco hot dogs can you fit in the glove compartment of a Honda Fit?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I was stuck between the 2016 Honda Fit and Civic when car shopping a few years ago, and sprung for the Civic. The 10th Gen Civics are absolutely fantastic, and I barely notice a difference in cabin size compared to my old large adult car, a 2003 Accord. I recommend the Civic over the Fit but its a close call, the Fit is still a great bang for your buck. I'm pretty sure Costco sells them in a 2 pack anyways

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I’ve got the ultimate Costco car, a Honda Element. When I start folding seats up there’s not much I can’t fit in there.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fake James posted:

I was stuck between the 2016 Honda Fit and Civic when car shopping a few years ago, and sprung for the Civic. The 10th Gen Civics are absolutely fantastic, and I barely notice a difference in cabin size compared to my old large adult car, a 2003 Accord. I recommend the Civic over the Fit but its a close call, the Fit is still a great bang for your buck. I'm pretty sure Costco sells them in a 2 pack anyways

New Civics are utterly fantastic especially the new civic hatchback model has so much loving room if you need it. I test drove one and a couple friends got them and love em. I almost got one when I was in the market last year and ultimately decided I couldn’t justify replacing my shittty 2001 accord that’s falling apart because it still works, and I rarely drive (<50 miles a month).

Absolutely would have got one though. Their sticker price is very reasonable, and holds used value too well because ~honda~. Some goon here once said they're the Razr/Alienware Gamer Car and they ain't wrong at all, it totally loving is, but I like it a lot

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 25, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Coredump posted:

I’ve got the ultimate Costco car, a Honda Element. When I start folding seats up there’s not much I can’t fit in there.

Didn’t they have a weirdly low load rating? Would prevent loading a pallet of Kirkland maple syrup or whatever in there

naem
May 29, 2011

if they put the 1.5 liter turbocharged civic engine into a fit that would be ridiculously fun

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Xaris posted:

yeah that, in fact that's the opposite these days-- automatics are more fuel efficiency. once you don't constrain yourself to a small 5-6 set of gears, you can get ~10-15% more fuel efficiency out of any modern automatic. intentionally going with lower fuel efficiency is like why, sitting in stop n go traffic isn't made any better, just put on some audiobooks/podcasts. manual transmissions enthusiasts are the car equivalent of gross audiophile linux nerds that derive self-identity and worth from it. like ok you got a hand me down old car or a sick deal on a used one that just happened, cool. but lol seeking out a new car in tyool intentionally with one is dumb

I'm not a "car guy" and I used to scoff when my wife would say a manual was "more fun to drive" but since we got our Mazda 5 in manual I totally get it. I also find myself accelerating faster and just driving faster in general in that car vs my other car that's an automatic.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Coredump posted:

I wish those weren't priced like collectibles

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

therobit posted:

I'm not a "car guy" and I used to scoff when my wife would say a manual was "more fun to drive" but since we got our Mazda 5 in manual I totally get it. I also find myself accelerating faster and just driving faster in general in that car vs my other car that's an automatic.

Nobody seeks out manuals for any sort of advantage, they seek them out because they want them. Anyone that goes "lol autos are better" is missing the point, manuals are chosen because they are fun and engaging for the people that buy them.

This is why with used cars the manuals cost way, way more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

therobit posted:

Zoom zoom, my friend