Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I played badly simple as that. I missed the vote on pera. Missed Solus being hated. Should've talked about Solus's post on D1. Etc, etc.

no one is saying it's too late to dig out of this hole

all you have to do is post a case or two on some people that are not dancer

you case people a lot, I know you can do it buddy!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

no one is saying it's too late to dig out of this hole

all you have to do is post a case or two on some people that are not dancer

you case people a lot, I know you can do it buddy!!!!

Why is Dancer off limits? Is my case on Solus (and Solus's subsequent actions?) Not ok?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
But really it's more that after being a loving dick to me for like an hour straight I have no desire to cuddle anyone but Solus. Like if I live In only focusing on Solus. If I get a vig it's aimed at Solus, if I get a role block Solus isn't doing poo poo that night. So if you think Solus is town then vote me out because I'm going to to do everything in my power to get rid of them.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SalTheBard posted:

But really it's more that after being a loving dick to me for like an hour straight I have no desire to cuddle anyone but Solus. Like if I live In only focusing on Solus. If I get a vig it's aimed at Solus, if I get a role block Solus isn't doing poo poo that night. So if you think Solus is town then vote me out because I'm going to to do everything in my power to get rid of them.

Hammer this poster already please.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

this is a very advanced smokescreen for asf.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

Hammer this poster already please.

After I made your badge and everything :-(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

this is a very advanced smokescreen for asf.

I obviously don't want to be cuddled because that's anti town. But I'm confused where the ASF push is coming from

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

To be clear did Bif do nothing last night? Did she confirm that?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I used track, and tracked Bif and she went nowhere

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

opportunist lurker that appears like a genie when name is said three times and is mega loving up the berserking.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

opportunist lurker that appears like a genie when name is said three times and is mega loving up the berserking.

I know. I'm right there with you. Like seriously how is nobody else see the red flags

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but you just asked me where the push came from.

my god... giving red-mage split-personality pr...............

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

but you just asked me where the push came from.

my god... giving red-mage split-personality pr...............

Oh! I thought you were talking about Dancer (confusion is obvious)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im null on dancer atm. i liked him immediately attacking his big supporter JJ after re-appearing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's quiet because scum knows they don't have to do anything for a miscuddle

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I’m here

SalTheBard posted:

It's quiet because scum knows they don't have to do anything for a miscuddle

I agree let’s cancel ASF

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm ok with seeing what happens

##vote asf

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SalTheBard posted:

this is pretty bad to be real
just for a casing this is how you feel

it's not like I've been fisk
something something disk

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'd rather kill ASF not gonna lie
But Sal def looking worse as time goes by

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

this is pretty bad to be real
just for a casing this is how you feel

it's not like I've been fisk
something something disk

It's not because you asked me to make a case. IDC about that. What I'm annoyed about is the incessant dog piling from you all loving day today. I literally don't think you responded to anyone else or made any other points. So thats why I feel that way. It also draws a line in a stand. I 100% think you are scum, and anyone who is protecting you at this point is probably some sort of scum adjacent. Odds are you are going to win and I'm going to be gone tonight, but yeah then everyone will see that Sal was telling the truth about everything.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

It's not because you asked me to make a case. IDC about that. What I'm annoyed about is the incessant dog piling from you all loving day today. I literally don't think you responded to anyone else or made any other points. So thats why I feel that way. It also draws a line in a stand. I 100% think you are scum, and anyone who is protecting you at this point is probably some sort of scum adjacent. Odds are you are going to win and I'm going to be gone tonight, but yeah then everyone will see that Sal was telling the truth about everything.

I guess me posting this will just seal my fate in your mind (just on the off-chance it wasn't sealed already) but... yes? Like, the post history button is right there; Solus has commented on and responded to other people (including myself), and gone beyond commenting and actually voted for two others.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

I guess me posting this will just seal my fate in your mind

No what sealed your fate in my mind was lurking for 2 loving days, submitting a night action, and then only coming in when prodded by the moderator or your scumbros

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay analysis of the day.

Will be more focused than yesterday and based on who's come up:

Sal

This is broadly my gut but:

SalTheBard posted:

Then loving vote for me, get the day over so I can get on with my life. ##vote sal

Here makes it loving easier.

This, as I said when I initially reacted to it is town Sal as hell. The reason I buy that is because scum Sal has the scum team to vent to and means that he usually keeps a fair bit calmer all around when faced with a lunch. I like referencing these few games because they're the two big alignment tells for Sal, but in Doki Doki Mafia club whilst he got confused he remained relatively calm when called out on it and ruined. In Fate Stay Night mafia he had an outlet to MMT so again, even though he was town being led by the nose he kept relatively calm.

So from a meta perspective I don't by that this is Sal's scum/masonry game.

Two big questions have been put out there about this:

SalTheBard posted:

I just wanted to quote this post. I've seen too many "Hahaha it's jokephase and I'm scum lol." I will always vote for people who post this kind of stuff. Also interestingly enough it includes pera who SHOCK was actual scum. But to be fair it does include Yuming who was decidedly not scum, but then again I wouldn't expect Solus to out the whole team. So even though I really like to only vote once, I want to get that vote in early so I don't forget.

##vote Solus

Sal's post here voting Solus. GGN is the one that calls it out first saying:

GenericGirlName posted:

Sal day one; I only like to make one vote so I want to make sure it counts

Salad day two; I found one susp post from day one, time to throw down that vote based entirely on that!!!

To be fair to Sal, he responds saying he's not confident but doesn't want to let it slide:

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not confident no, and while I do typically like to only vote once I'm also not opposed to changing a vote either should a better case. But like I said I find "scum claiming" to be inherently scummy. There was a game earlier this year where one scum member did it and then scum won the game. So because of that I don't like to let it slide.

So this initial basis also seems relatively rocky as grounds for a Sal lunch imo.

I don't want to move my vote to him because to me, both the meta and the basic cases don't really stand to me.

Gulag

There's going to be a problem for me here. Since I was personally involved in this slapfight I'm likely blind to how towny Gulag appears at the end of it. With that being said this:

GulagDolls posted:

now that it's day 2 and there are more things going on, its time to kill the guy with no posts so we can get some info from his flip

Is overtly wrong and an attempt to discredit what was a reasonable suggestion at the time, which they then walked back into trying to case me for my motivations here:

GulagDolls posted:

i only cared about YOUR reasoning for this to be the appropriate time vs day 1 but it was inevitable that the explanation could not be withdrawn without placing all 5 mystic statues on their places in the 4-d pentagram thus summoning neo-mafia dad from the grave between dimensions

That includes an ad hom on me as well. What's bizarre is that if you're after my reasoning, I provide a lot of it in the first reply, but even if i didn't I even mention that I'll be after Dancer if they remain quiet on Day 1:

Natural 20 posted:

Okay, so ASF and Dancer are basically completely checked out. Unless there's a standout play of some sort overnight then if they don't show up on D2 we should aggressively push to remove them from the game. Lurker lunches are absolutely required if there are no lurker removal mechanics because otherwise as chattier players die off we end up in a silent game.

To me, this argument is really badly made and badly placed. It seems like a way to get points on me to be stored up for later because I argue for a position that isn't always intuitively obvious.

I'm largely not throwing a vote this way because:

GulagDolls posted:

lol i just remembered the game where scum dancer didnt post for two day phases and just submitted night actions

i dont think sal is capable (in that he would like to, or could) of using his own meta as a crutch to manipulate people like that. i also think he wouldn't call pera scum if he was scum..since he would know she wasnt, and cannot lie. like uh. he would subconsciously know that pera wasn't scum and wouldn't make such a big 'untruth' in his solus vote (that pera was scum)
How do you figure he comes off much worse in terms of alignment, and how do I come off better.. we were kind of talking about two different things.

This to me is a sufficiently good gut read on Sal to at least make me consider my position as potentially incorrect.

Humalong

Not much to say here, town but a damned moron. Like the way that he played this day has been immensely weird, but I can't really ignore the night action that was reported into to me.

ASF

There's nothing here. This is basically the only thing I've seen of any substance:

A Sometimes Food posted:

I MEAN ID SAY DANCERS RETURN IS/WAS SOMETHING TO DISCUSS EVEN IF YOU ULTIMATELY DETERMINE HIM BENIGN.

AS GULAG MENTIONED DANCER HAS LURKED HARD AS SCUM BEFORE.

Which, yes is a reasonable take, but basically just piggybacks from Gulag's statements before.

A Sometimes Food posted:

ALSO ITS 3AM HERE SO

##vote Sal

STILL FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT. FRUSTRATION IS KIND OF A NULL READ

This is a terrible vote, like I get having to write in all caps isn't nice, but there's basically no justification beyond "My gutread says it's probably good."

Absent literally any other content and I just don't get why we've gone after Sal for the same thing so hard when ASF has just sat around doing nothing and got away with it.

Dancer

This is where my vote has sat for most of the day. But absent the full reread I've done now I didn't really want to move my vote.

Reading back now and there's at least some decent content and meaningful reads out of them and they rightly have pointed out that they lurk broadly without mind for alignment which as I recall from the games mentioned is true. Hopefully we'll get to see more of this stuff. That being said I can completely see why a town player would still want to go after them. If you don't buy the reads are good then being away for an entire day but submitting a night action is pretty damning.

But, I think wait and see is the right approach with their posting.

Solua/Toal/Bif/AA/GGN

Largely, even though I don't like some aspects of the dogpile on Sal, there's good reads and content for analysis deeper into the game. I don't think there's enough to blow any cases open here, nor is there enough to clear anyone.

Jon Joe

Jon Joe posted:

Just got a PM from the mod, my new role is 3p PR canceller

I'm not sure if this is a joke or just utterly bizarre. I'm assuming a joke for the moment. Otherwise I agree with the reads being made, largely. I just wanted that one line highlighted for later.

##vote asf

I think this is the best vote both from a content and scumminess perspective.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

No what sealed your fate in my mind was lurking for 2 loving days, submitting a night action, and then only coming in when prodded by the moderator or your scumbros

I can't help noticing that you seem ever-so-slightly miffed.

Like imagine you're sitting there in N1, you lurked D1 for ~reasons~, and your action is like, right there. Imagine now that the action you have will help your faction (as actions in Mafia are wont to do). Are you gonna go like "oh goodness gracious me I didn't post enough so far I don't deserve this action let's not do it"?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh yeah, it's like 1:15 and it's a work night so I'm going to sleep, my vote will sit on ASF unless something drastic happens in the next 5-10 minutes.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Natural 20 posted:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or just utterly bizarre.

Okay since you're the second person besides AA to vocally not recognize it as a joke, it was 100% a joke, as a direct continuation of me complaining about Solus' PR.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

I can't help noticing that you seem ever-so-slightly miffed.

Like imagine you're sitting there in N1, you lurked D1 for ~reasons~, and your action is like, right there. Imagine now that the action you have will help your faction (as actions in Mafia are wont to do). Are you gonna go like "oh goodness gracious me I didn't post enough so far I don't deserve this action let's not do it"?

I would totally get that if you were then active on D2, but the fact that you weren't until you got prodded by either JX or scumbros (or both) is just scummy as hell. I'm a father to an 8 month old, I totally get that poo poo happens. But dropping in the thread and being like "Hey guys I won't be around much today, I don't want to talk about why." would've gone a long ways.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Also, Mills did not actually PM me that yuming was scum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jon Joe posted:

Also, Mills did not actually PM me that yuming was scum.

There goes my whole case against you.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I would totally get that if you were then active on D2, but the fact that you weren't until you got prodded by either JX or scumbros (or both) is just scummy as hell. I'm a father to an 8 month old, I totally get that poo poo happens. But dropping in the thread and being like "Hey guys I won't be around much today, I don't want to talk about why." would've gone a long ways.

As Dancer said, it was a message from god
He got prodded to post by the mod

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Okay finally off work. Have not caught up, still need to drive home, but from there I'll be on until deadline.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote asf

If asf is town we kill sal tomorrow, at least sal plays the game by being top poster

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ugggh ok the more he keeps goin on I'm buying more that it's town Sal instead of annoyed scum Sal but Sal, can you please try and tweak your meta cause goddamn

##unvote

hey Nat this sounds like your town game so let's see if this effortcase of yours is right, but what do you think about GGN?

##vote asf

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

ugggh ok the more he keeps goin on I'm buying more that it's town Sal instead of annoyed scum Sal but Sal, can you please try and tweak your meta cause goddamn

I don't feel good about it either :-(

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
~1 hour remaining

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

lookit me I'm getting a hammer
and gonna get the gently caress out of this PR slammer

##vote asf

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

##unvote

hey Nat this sounds like your town game so let's see if this effortcase of yours is right, but what do you think about GGN?

##vote asf

I know you're not asking nat but I just wanted to share that GGN also pinged me as kinda white noise-y. Saying you refuse to engage or think about person X before day 3, even when person X is GulagDolls is not helping.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Final VotecountTweetcount for Day 2

A Sometimes Food (7): Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, GulagDolls, SalTheBard, Natural 20, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, SolusLunes
SolusLunes (2): SalTheBard, Jon Joe, Jon Joe, SalTheBard, GenericGirlName, Anonymous
Toalpaz (1): SolusLunes, Anomalous Amalgam, SolusLunes, Jon Joe, Jon Joe
GenericGirlName (1): Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Mr. Humalong
SalTheBard (1): Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, A Sometimes Food, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, Mr. Humalong, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, SalTheBard, A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, SolusLunes
GulagDolls (1): Dancer
Jon Joe (0): GenericGirlName, GenericGirlName
Bifauxnen (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
spacing in vienna (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Dancer (0): Natural 20, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, Natural 20
Natural 20 (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong

Not Voting (1): spacing in vienna

With 13 alive, it's 7 votestweets to cancel!

Votefinder still refuses to allow me to post votecounts with the button on the site, btw. SK should get on that.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The Social Justice Low Council (Social Justice Miner, Social Justice Minor, Social Justice Dungeonmaster, and Social Justice Flying Dutchman) engage in fevered discussion; it's entirely irrelevant to the day's events, mind you.

Consensus reached, you all offer A Sometimes Food as your cancelee...but what's this? It seems that all your tweets, your passions, are for naught! For whatever reason, A Sometimes Food has not been cancelled!

It's probably a fantasy twitter issue, you all think to yourselves, just Sir Jack protecting more of...um...whatever it is that ASF is. Well, regardless, no one has been cancelled.

- - - - - - -

:siren: Night 2 begins now, it should end in ~18 hours or so, possibly earlier. Submit your actions to me in your confessionals, please! :siren:

Note that the general chat channel in the discord will open back up for all players to discuss things that aren't in the game, if so desired. It'll close again during the day.

A reminder, too: everyone will level up at the start of Day 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

As you all wake up from a night of very progressive dreams, you find the splattered flesh of something that may once have been Bifauxnen.

She was...well, she was something, alright. Even the flesh of her former body seems to give off a strange glow; as you stare, it becomes pixelated, and then winks out of existence! This makes sense, because Bifauxnen was:

the Social Justice Sorceress (Extreme Rinoa Edition), a third party.

Role PM/Instruction Manual posted:

You are literally Rinoa, a human anime.

You do not level up.

Each night, you must make a case for a Final Fantasy™-related social justice cause, such as, for instance, "Immediately Euthanizing People Named for Storms", or "Destroying The Very Idea of Final Fantasy 13".

Reception to your words is based on a biased d20 roll: observers and dead players can nudge it up or down by 2 after reading your case, using whatever criteria they’d like to judge it.

If your speech is successful (roll value over 10), you are un-cancellable (i.e. unkillable) for the next day and night. If you make 4 successful cases, you win!

Alternatively, you can win as a survivor with any faction at game end.

As you reel from the loss of Bifauxnen, however, you find something else: the fried husk of something gelatinous, smelling faintly of soil. Something that you know was once:

GenericGirlName, the Social Justice Blue Mage, a member of the town turned member of the Cult of Vines.

Role PM/Noozepaper Article posted:

You are an Ooze.

You do not level up.

Instead, after a player targets you, may gain a copy of whatever power they used to target you.

You have a one shot night-cancelproof (bulletproof), which you will lose if you do not make at least 2 slime puns per day in the thread.
- - - - - - - -

"Peon" is not an acceptable term to refer to w-orc-ers.

- the NAAOP.

- - - - - - - -

Everyone who can has leveled up!

Day begins soon.