Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
gently caress the police

edit: goddamnit, what a terrible snipe, here's either the worst or the best barbershop

https://files.catbox.moe/o4b6wg.mp4

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Samuringa posted:

gently caress the police

edit: goddamnit, what a terrible snipe, here's either the worst or the best barbershop

https://files.catbox.moe/o4b6wg.mp4
Why is it in what appears to be an abandoned definitely-not-a-front-for-the-mob?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My vote was for "best" until I saw them flip those goddamn sausages over onto the already-grilled side.. twice. :argh:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The dude only has like 5mm of hair, what is the barber even doing with those scissors?

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Those look like scissors that thin out the hair a little bit.

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts

Pookah posted:

My home town has one of these!

That's the old Town Hall - pretty much the fanciest building in town.

Look at what's peeking out under the lintel of the main door :(

I've been telling people about this for years but nobody believes until they visit the town and wander up from the beach.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/braveexhibition/status/1175736556629516288?s=21

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

isn't that just how people in the 60s/'70s looked and dressed? Am I missing something on this one?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This guy photoshops himself into images

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Kheldarn posted:

Errrr... Which guy ? A name or a link would be nice, thanks.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Kheldarn posted:

New Dresden Dolls looking promising.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It turns out that his name is Kirby Jenner, on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kirbyjenner/

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Last Chance posted:

isn't that just how people in the 60s/'70s looked and dressed? Am I missing something on this one?

They all look stereotypically villainous.

The first is the mortician who is a little bit too much interested in his job, the second is Captain Ahab, the third is the rich guy who is bored from common pleasures and plays the most dangerous game and the fourth is literally Charles Manson

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow, this guy is pretty in tents.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fister Roboto posted:

:frogout:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Hell yeah, there we go

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Lines up pretty well with the film students I know tbh

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Kheldarn posted:

It turns out that his name is Kirby Jenner, on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kirbyjenner/

Thank you very much. His entire instagram is a delight.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Kheldarn posted:

Awesome. Made my morning! Thanks!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Granted Christianity is in the throes of death but I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Being a religion with an omnipotent loving god who created this loving world.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I was set to argue that Christianity isn’t actually in any danger of dying anytime soon but your use of the “this” and then bolding it has laid waste to my argument. Kudos.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I mean what's the share of practicing Christians these days?

People will accept the label of Christian with the understanding that no form of commitment will ever be asked of them.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Eschenique posted:

People will accept the label of Christian with the understanding that no form of commitment will ever be asked of them.

Kierkegaard was arguing about that exact thing in the mid 1800s so yeah, nothings gonna change for a long while

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Most of the world is still hella religious. Christianity being omnipresent in the Western world's daily structure as we know it may be ending but it's certainly not going anywhere.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Eschenique posted:

According to Pew Research Center, there are 2.2 billion Christians in the world, and there are expected to be 3 billion by 2050.

However, Islam is growing faster worldwide, and the share of self-identified Christians in the U.S. is falling pretty rapidly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

jojoinnit posted:

Most of the world is still hella religious. Christianity being omnipresent in the Western world's daily structure as we know it may be ending but it's certainly not going anywhere.

EXaxtly. It is this misguided dependence on religion that keeps the rest of the world in the proverbial “dark ages” as it were whilst america leads the way to the future

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

that we're all so familiar with the fuckups of greek gods and not anything about them that might seem to merit veneration is in part due to christian propaganda, so who's got the last laugh now :catholic:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

oldpainless posted:

EXaxtly. It is this misguided dependence on religion that keeps the rest of the world in the proverbial “dark ages” as it were whilst america leads the way to the future

Do you think you read something into my post or is this just your general opinion?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

everyone dude in the 70s looked like a serial killer

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I see Charlie Manson, Richard Kuklinski and Ed Kemper.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

I see Charlie Manson, Richard Kuklinski and Ed Kemper.

Turn your monitor on and run!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Doc Hawkins posted:

that we're all so familiar with the fuckups of greek gods and not anything about them that might seem to merit veneration is in part due to christian propaganda, so who's got the last laugh now :catholic:

The Christian god also once sent bears to murder a bunch of children because they made fun of a bald dude.

Old Testament god was right up there with any pantheon you care to name when it came to hosed up poo poo.

Just he was a prude, as well.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Doc Hawkins posted:

Also I know humans, I've met tons of dudes and ladies, if there's a god I sure don't want him to be like any of the humans I know

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The Christian god also once sent bears to murder a bunch of children because they made fun of a bald dude.

They were disrespectful teens and they got what they deserved: bear death.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Did they have bears back then?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Yoshi Wins posted:

Did they have bears back then?
Yeah but they were called "confirmed bachelors"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

jojoinnit posted:

Do you think you read something into my post or is this just your general opinion?

Well they're saying "whilst" while not British but in some ways we are leading the world into the future.

In summation, oldlandofcontrasts

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

#32 cannot believe this play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

nice