Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Pleasing end to the first half. Wales doing some good stuff with the ball and even spoiling some line outs which I don't think they've done since the 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A bit difficult to assess Wales' performance on attack really. What can you judge about them given that defense?

Their own defensive line seems solid at least, they're not getting murdered by the pack.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

goatface posted:

A bit difficult to assess Wales' performance on attack really. What can you judge about them given that defense?

Their own defensive line seems solid at least, they're not getting murdered by the pack.

Well Davies kicking could be better but other than that it's been decent enough even with the low quality defence.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Woo, go Georgia!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Woo, go Georgia!

Terrifying power in that pack.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bit harsh on Georgia, when he gave them a pen for Wales collapsing the maul Wales got no YC.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Really enjoy watching the lower tier nations show how much they want it. Go Georgia!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Good solid chunk of defending from Georgia now, did they all remember how to do it over half time

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

lenoon posted:

Good solid chunk of defending from Georgia now, did they all remember how to do it over half time

Think Wales have helped by just bashing into the first guy they see.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wales making hard work of this.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm pleased to see the hairdryer works just as well in Georgian.

Also please that there somehow haven't been any injuries, I was expected a bloodbath.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Yep, we apparently decided to do things the hardest possible way this half. Great thinking from Georgia on that last try.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Glad I stayed up to watch this one.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Good win for Wales in the end. Georgia put up some stiff defence in the second half.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I am proud of my large adopted sons' second half performance. Beating Wales was always going to be a tall order.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

It is a record win for Wales over Georgia and New Zealand beat them 43-10 in the last world cup so not a bad result.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Just finished watching the Wales-Georgia game and most of the Ireland-Scotland game (couldn't watch live as my son decided to to wait for the world cup to start before he could be born).
Wales looked good to start, but liked like they got sloppy after the first 20 minutes.
I didn't watch my adopted country England's game, but sounded like it went as expected.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

stavros880 posted:

Just finished watching the Wales-Georgia game and most of the Ireland-Scotland game (couldn't watch live as my son decided to to wait for the world cup to start before he could be born).
Wales looked good to start, but liked like they got sloppy after the first 20 minutes.
I didn't watch my adopted country England's game, but sounded like it went as expected.

Congrats.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Ali Price is going home with a foot injury but don’t worry Henry Pyrgos is coming to replace him.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

bigfoot again posted:

Ali Price is going home with a foot injury but don’t worry Henry Pyrgos is coming to replace him.

Cory Hill hasn't recovered from his foot fracture and Bradley Davies is replacing him, downgrades all round.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Sneaky Georgian block on North

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

bessantj posted:

Sneaky Georgian block on North

Ouch, that's a bit nasty.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. That got reviewed by the TMO at the time didn't it? Am surprised there was no sanction

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. That got reviewed by the TMO at the time didn't it? Am surprised there was no sanction

No, nothing happened everyone just played on.

Good try by Samoa. Russia are going to suffer from having played Japan four days ago.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Big but right call for the yellow card.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

Big but right call for the yellow card.

Russia are not doing too badly. I think fitness will tell second half because they've already played a game but the Yellow should give them an opportunity to go into half time int he lead.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Russia are not doing too badly. I think fitness will tell second half because they've already played a game but the Yellow should give them an opportunity to go into half time int he lead.

They may have a bigger opportunity here. These Samoans are nuts.

EDIT: Oh no another yellow and off for a HIA.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

They may have a bigger opportunity here. These Samoans are nuts.

Did Artemyev gently caress their collective mothers or something?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Did Artemyev gently caress their collective mothers or something?

He looks alright though, must have been fed vodka at birth.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

He looks alright though, must have been fed vodka at birth.

I mean he shrugged off the first one and the tackler knocked himself out on the second one. Maybe that's Russia's tactic, wait for Samoa to break themselves on the rock that is Artemyev's skull.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

I mean he shrugged off the first one and the tackler knocked himself out on the second one. Maybe that's Russia's tactic, wait for Samoa to break themselves on the rock that is Artemyev's skull.

Maybe it has something to do with his time in Ireland.

Russia with a 2 man advantage at their 9 is kicking :doh:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I ask this in all earnestness, what the gently caress is this game?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

How can you give a yellow for not wrapping when the reason for not wrapping is the tackler unintentionally rendered himself unconscious.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

butros posted:

How can you give a yellow for not wrapping when the reason for not wrapping is the tackler unintentionally rendered himself unconscious.

He bottled a red there really.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

butros posted:

The wrapping should have occurred, or at least attempted, before unconsciousness. They should just add that to the guidelines.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Samoa finally over again and a Russian with a yellow.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Russia might have the worst handling of any team I've ever seen.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Russia might have the worst handling of any team I've ever seen.

Yes, the one team you don't want to see pass.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GREtAYB0TVY

Squidge: still so much better than whichever tv pundits you’re subjected to

bigfoot again fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Did Samoa look good enough to beat Japan?