Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I didn't dislike labyrinths either. If they are gone then I want them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

replace labyrinths with sokoban

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
gently caress no.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Randomized puzzle branch that can have levels made of labyrinths, gauntlets, sokoban, sliding-ice-block puzzles, a recreation of the entire final castle from Exile 2/Avernum 2, Gruntilda's Quiz Show, or Wheel of Fish.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

someone awful. posted:

replace labyrinths with sokoban

lol no

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sokoban, but cheating is encouraged instead of punished.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

replace labs with a single level of gehenna which contains the wizard of yendor and the amulet

the amulet tells you that you feel like you've ascended if you wear it, but the only effect is to make non-xom gods angry at you

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I got my first 2 runes of zot and am hyped as hell. With a MiBe, obviously.

check out this sick loving axe I found:

the +14 executioner's axe of the Eternal Warrior (weapon) {flame, *Corrode rF++ Str+4}

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

update: I died.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
C'est la vie. For what it's worth, that was a pretty sweet axe.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Been playing random races as archaeologists and my first abomination turned into my first 15 runer! I don't know if RF-- and lowered MR is enough to balance out three arms and eight ring slots. Also, mummies are scary.
code:
17453393 welcome the Conqueror (level 27, 409/409 HPs)
             Began as an Abomination Archaeologist on Sept 11, 2019.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Sept 13, 2019!

The game lasted 05:14:14 (88981 turns).

welcome the Conqueror (Abomination Archaeologist)  Turns: 88981, Time: 05:14:15

Health: 409/409    AC: 36    Str: 57    XL:     27
Magic:  37/37      EV: 12    Int: 11    God:    the Shining One [******]
Gold:   7915       SH: 35    Dex: 28    Spells: 43/44 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +   a - +5 pair of quick blades {pierce, Dex+3}
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   x - +2 large shield {rC+}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   e - +2 gold dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   .   G - +1 hat of the Pure Emperors {Str+8}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   Q - scarf {rC+ rF+}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   C - +4 pair of boots of the Assassin {Detection Stab+ Stlth++}
MR       +++++     Clarity  +   d - necklace of Bloodlust {*Rage +Rage MR++ Int-3 Slay+6 *Curse} (curse)
Stlth    ..........             (no ring)
HPRegen  1.18/turn              (no ring)
MPRegen  0.25/turn

@: berserking, glowing, very quick
A: tentacle arms, two strong arms, no magic resistence, amphibious, 8 rings,
molten scales 1, clarity, regeneration 1, electricity resistance, heat
vulnerability 2, MP-powered wands

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

welcome posted:

Been playing random races as archaeologists and my first abomination turned into my first 15 runer! I don't know if RF-- and lowered MR is enough to balance out three arms and eight ring slots. Also, mummies are scary.
code:
17453393 welcome the Conqueror (level 27, 409/409 HPs)
             Began as an Abomination Archaeologist on Sept 11, 2019.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Sept 13, 2019!

The game lasted 05:14:14 (88981 turns).

welcome the Conqueror (Abomination Archaeologist)  Turns: 88981, Time: 05:14:15

Health: 409/409    AC: 36    Str: 57    XL:     27
Magic:  37/37      EV: 12    Int: 11    God:    the Shining One [******]
Gold:   7915       SH: 35    Dex: 28    Spells: 43/44 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +   a - +5 pair of quick blades {pierce, Dex+3}
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   x - +2 large shield {rC+}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   e - +2 gold dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   .   G - +1 hat of the Pure Emperors {Str+8}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   Q - scarf {rC+ rF+}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   C - +4 pair of boots of the Assassin {Detection Stab+ Stlth++}
MR       +++++     Clarity  +   d - necklace of Bloodlust {*Rage +Rage MR++ Int-3 Slay+6 *Curse} (curse)
Stlth    ..........             (no ring)
HPRegen  1.18/turn              (no ring)
MPRegen  0.25/turn

@: berserking, glowing, very quick
A: tentacle arms, two strong arms, no magic resistence, amphibious, 8 rings,
molten scales 1, clarity, regeneration 1, electricity resistance, heat
vulnerability 2, MP-powered wands

Balance?

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Jon Joe posted:

Balance?

I love Abominations so much. The ring slots and being able to hold a two-hander AND a shield is so much fun. Combines Octopodes and Antmen and takes nearly the best from both of them too. The --rF sucks but is easily mitigated with a bit of floor god/Archeologist loot box luck.

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Started playing Crawl again after a long hiatus and after ascending 4 characters online with a variety of starts/goals, I have to say that the "random chance on movement to trigger a random trap" or whatever the latest version added is up there with Shadow Traps as my least favorite addition to the game.

I think every game I've been shafted for 2+ floors within the first 10 floors. Caster on DL2? You're hosed! No saving throw! How are you supposed to play around that?

Lesser gripe: man getting items is so much more boring now. No rods, fewer fun wands, nerfed evocables. It's so flat now, very few things to get excited about.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Don't play main branch Crawl. Play gooncrawl where they add features instead of taking them away and insulting your intelligence when you ask why.

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Will check it out, that sucks though. For a while it seemed like they were adding some cool stuff, had a good time figuring out how Wu Jian worked with a claw troll monk blender.

I was just reading a bunch of old threads in the roguelikes megathread, and comparing current Crawl with angband/ADOM/etc., yeah it really feels overpruned. Like all of the fun stuff got removed or consolidated. Give me back wands of haste and scrolls of recharging :( The whole point of exciting, rare, powerful items is to be exciting, and rare and powerful. Bleh.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gooncrawl steals all the good ideas from trunk, too. The magic of being open source!

Edit: Plus, new stuff! Including so many new races that Floodkiller (Gooncrawl's Lord and Savior) is working on coding a new race select screen because having too many breaks the existing one.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 20, 2019

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Add Johnny Fiveaces

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

does goon crawl have haste as a player spell again?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

gooncrawl has haste spell & haste wands & haste potions

the wand existing means there's rarely ever a reason to waste the spell slots/experience, but I mean, it's an option

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That's... quite the take on haste spell vs haste wand, for sure. Last I played with the spell years ago, it was a pop-before-EVERY fight type of thing, rather than MiFi using a wand during a hard fight.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

replace labs with a single level of gehenna which contains the wizard of yendor and the amulet

the amulet tells you that you feel like you've ascended if you wear it, but the only effect is to make non-xom gods angry at you

Make all the walls on the floor made of plywood and all the monsters just actors in suits, and when you "kill" them they just whisper "nice job, nailed it" and lay down on the ground.

When you pick up the amulet, an audience cheers.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Finally won my first felid. Statue form is an abolute must I feel. I got so badly stat drained by the OOFs that I had to grind the abyss for half an hour to get my measly 6 strength back. But super fun, the lost lives was not a big problem.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Serephina posted:

That's... quite the take on haste spell vs haste wand, for sure. Last I played with the spell years ago, it was a pop-before-EVERY fight type of thing, rather than MiFi using a wand during a hard fight.

In all honesty it was too low level and probably should have been bumped up to 8 with I guess a slight speed improvement or whatever.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Anyways I'm probably gonna go ascend this draconian conjurer before I completely forget about him for a couple months.
Just zero desire to do extended outside of a tournament anymore

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

Make all the walls on the floor made of plywood and all the monsters just actors in suits, and when you "kill" them they just whisper "nice job, nailed it" and lay down on the ground.

When you pick up the amulet, an audience cheers.

:yeah:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That's honestly kind of a neat idea for a gimmick RPG. Puts the "role playing" in role-playing game.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

_The two-headed ogre evaporates and reforms as a swamp dragon!
_The swamp dragon resists with some effort.
_The swamp dragon evaporates and reforms as a shining eye!
You drop a wand of polymorph (15).

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

_The two-headed ogre evaporates and reforms as a swamp dragon!
_The swamp dragon resists with some effort.
_The swamp dragon evaporates and reforms as a shining eye!
You drop a wand of polymorph (15).

Wand of polymorph is kind of funny like that. It's really only genuinely useful for the handful of glass cannon enemies that aren't magic resistant (or immune, like Oklobs or statues). So...electric eels, mostly.

It would be amusing if player-invoked poly and monster poly were brought more in line; either you should get to pretty consistently turn enemies into squishy bats or they should occasionally get self-dunked by turning your ogre into a hellephant.

E: Unless this has already happened and I'm not up to date?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Is there some kind of weighting to polymorphs? Because yeah, I always found them to be supremely useless as well. It seems like you're far more likely to gently caress yourself over and get something as bad or even worse than what you already had than you are to improve your situation basically any time you use one. As far as I remember, it doesn't even work for any of the things that made it useful to have in Nethack, like helpfully polymorphing yourself or polymorphing items for an effective reroll. Seems like a liability in basically any situation where you could use it, which isn't great design.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Polymorphing a creature will turn it into another creature with the same hit dice. so roughly the same power level.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

So in other words, at best you get something that is still in the same weight class and at worst you get something even more dangerous and with more powerful abilities than what you were already dealing with.

Yeah, seems like never touching polymorph is the smart thing to do. There is only a very, very tiny subset of situations where it would actually benefit you. I would say that this is something which needs changing.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The wiki lists a bunch of stuff that it's a good idea to use polymorph on. It's mostly stuff you can deal with anyway. I drop them as soon as I run out of inventory slots

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man i'd really love the option to polymorph a really good but completely useless to me art to one that might be worse qualitatively but actually useable to me.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
If you mentally rename poly wands to "disarm and strip naked target monster" you'll suddenly find them both safe and having a wide(-r) applicable range.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I think a general change to "between same and down to half current hit dice" would be enough of an improvement that it would actually become usable, although I certainly wouldn't mind getting Nethack style item rerolls. Yes, it can be scummed, but the time you waste on that kind of thing is its own punishment, in my eyes.

Really though, there is absolutely no point in having a wand in the game that it never benefits you to use unless you look up a spoiler of the few things where it specifically does. That just goes against Crawl's entire design philosophy, really - which is really not a bad one, when it isn't implemented by the trunk devs.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
The one really good use for polymorph wands is forcing Shapeshifters out of their current form. It's always nice to have an immediate answer when they decide to be a Shining Eye or an inconvenient flavor of dragon. Other than that, yeah, it's really only a good idea against Electric Eels, heavily armed uniques, and stuff that's basically the worst-case scenario for its HD like early Killer Bees and Hornets. Using it on anything else is a terrible idea, and it's not at all obvious to an inexperienced player which monsters are going to turn into something worse.

I think it would work better as a rarer, more dependable wand that gets fewer charges, like Acid or Iceblasts. If it also inflicted the Malmutate status on enemies like the Irradiate spell, even when the transformation was resisted, that would be pretty good.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Gozag is the best extended god, right? His potion petition is as good or better than all the other god's health and MP regaining effects, and removes the one bad thing about staying in lich form (thus avoiding torment): not being able to quaff. He also disables enemies like crazy with his gold. I just ran this DsAc and the infestation / death channel / singularity combo absolutely wrecked everything. Potion petition makes it so you always can heal a ton of HP real fast if you get into a scrape. I could have continuted running zigs forever, I think.

https://crawl.kelbi.org/crawl/morgue/hoshi/hoshi.txt

code:
hoshi the Demonspawn of Death (DsAc)              Turns: 116747, Time: 09:48:36

Health: 249/249    AC: 86    Str: 25    XL:     27
Magic:  62/62      EV: 31    Int: 35    God:    Gozag
Gold:   26449      SH: 20    Dex: 24    Spells: 0/80 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +   a - +18 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, rPois rF+ rC+ AC+3}
rCold    + + +     Gourm    .   z - +5 shield of the Invisible Hand {rPois rF- MR+ Dex+4 SInv}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   r - +21 crystal plate armour of Kejif {Str+6 Stlth+}
rPois    ∞         Spirit   .   i - +1 helmet of Aripaene {rElec rF+ SInv}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   y - +4 cloak of Indecent Exposure {Slay+3}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   x - +0 pair of gloves of Bedevilment {rF++ MR++}
MR       +++++     Clarity  +   A - macabre finger necklace {rN+}
Stlth    +.........             M - ring "Geme Ocu" {MP+9 Dex+2 Slay+6}
HPRegen  0.51/turn              R - ring of the Trilobite {rCorr rN++ Str+3}
MPRegen  0.38/turn              U - ring "Ofopawku" {rElec MR+ Str-3 Int+8 Stlth-}

@: mighty, agile, lich-form, resistant, gold aura, flying, very slightly
contaminated, hasted, invisible, very quick
A: hooves 3, icy blue scales 3, blink, clarity, clever 1, cold resistance 2,
demonic guardian 3, icemail, wild magic 1, augmentation 3, freezing cloud
immunity, MP-powered wands
0: Orb of Zot
}: 15/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian, icy, bone,
abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark, gossamer
a: End Transformation, Release Permanent Buffs, Blink, Potion Petition, Call
Merchant, Bribe Branch, Renounce Religion

You are on level 1 of the Dungeon.
You worship Gozag.
Gozag is extremely pleased with you.
You are not hungry.

You are a lich.

You have visited 18 branches of the dungeon, and seen 90 of its levels.
You have visited Pandemonium 1 time, and seen 17 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 3 times.
You have visited 1 bazaar.
You have visited 3 ziggurats (completing 2), and seen 75 of their levels.
You have also visited: Trove, Sewer, Ossuary, Wizlab and Desolation.

You have collected 60783 gold pieces.
You have spent 5061 gold pieces at shops.
You have paid 29273 gold pieces to Gozag.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 a - the +18 lance "Wyrmbane" (weapon) {slay drac, rPois rF+ rC+ AC+3}   

It affects your AC (+3).
   It protects you from fire.
   It protects you from cold.
   It protects you from poison.
 c - the +6 Majin-Bo {vamp, Archmagi MP+6 Int+6}
   (You found it on level 24 of a ziggurat)   

It inflicts no extra harm, but heals its wielder when it wounds a living
   foe.

It affects your intelligence (+6).
   It affects your magic capacity (+6).
 d - the +7 Singing Sword {slice, sonic wave}
   (You found it on level 13 of a ziggurat)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.
 h - the +12 Vampire's Tooth {vamp}
   (You found it on level 19 of a ziggurat)   

It inflicts no extra harm, but heals its wielder when it wounds a living
   foe.
 j - the +7 captain's cutlass {speed, disarm AC+7 EV+7}
   (You found it on level 22 of a ziggurat)   

Attacks with this weapon are significantly faster.

It affects your AC (+7).
   It affects your evasion (+7).
 l - the +8 demon trident "Rift" {distort, reach+}
   (You found it in a treasure trove)   

It warps and distorts space around it. Unwielding it can cause banishment or
   high damage.
 m - the +7 great mace "Undeadhunter" {disrupt, rN+}
   (You found it on level 17 of a ziggurat)   

It protects you from negative energy.
 n - the +9 lajatang of Order {silver, rMut}
   (You found it on level 14 of a ziggurat)   

It protects you from mutation.
 s - the +7 sceptre of Torment {pain, torment}
   (You found it on level 27 of a ziggurat)   

In the hands of one skilled in necromantic magic, it inflicts extra damage
   on living creatures.
 t - the +12 glaive of Prune {chop}
   (You found it on level 8 of a ziggurat)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.
 u - the +4 staff of Dispater {AC+4}
   (You took it off Dispater on level 7 of the Iron City of Dis)   

It affects your AC (+4).
 v - the +7 sceptre of Asmodeus
   (You took it off Asmodeus on level 7 of Gehenna)
 B - the +7 Spriggan's Knife {stab, MR+ EV+4 Dex+4 Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 20 of a ziggurat)   

It affects your evasion (+4).
   It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
   It makes you more stealthy.
 D - the +6 sword of Cerebov {flame, rF+++}
   (You took it off Cerebov in Pandemonium)   

It has been specially enchanted to burn those struck by it, causing extra
   injury to most foes and up to half again as much damage against particularly
   susceptible opponents. Big, fiery blades are also staple armaments of
   hydra-hunters.

It renders you almost immune to fire.
 E - the +9 sword of Zonguldrok {reap}
   (You found it on level 14 of a ziggurat)   

If a monster killed with it leaves a corpse in good enough shape, the corpse
   will be animated as a zombie friendly to the killer.
 P - the +9 staff of Wucad Mu {channel}
   (You found it on level 26 of a ziggurat)
 W - the +8 trident of the Octopus King {venom, rElec rPois MR+}
   (You found it on level 25 of a ziggurat)   

It poisons the flesh of those it strikes.

It insulates you from electricity.
Armour
 b - the +8 robe of Augmentation {Str+8 Int+8 Dex+8}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 1 of the Depths)   

It affects your strength (+8).
   It affects your intelligence (+8).
   It affects your dexterity (+8).
 i - the +1 helmet of Aripaene (worn) {rElec rF+ SInv}
   (You acquired it on level 16 of a ziggurat)   

It lets you see invisible.
 r - the +21 crystal plate armour of Kejif (worn) {Str+6 Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 8 of a ziggurat)   

It affects your strength (+6).
   It makes you more stealthy.
 x - the +0 pair of gloves of Bedevilment (worn) {rF++ MR++}
   (You found it on level 7 of Tartarus)   

It greatly protects you from fire.
 y - the +4 cloak of Indecent Exposure (worn) {Slay+3}
   (You found it on level 18 of a ziggurat)   

It affects your accuracy and damage with ranged weapons and melee attacks
   (+3).
 z - the +5 shield of the Invisible Hand (worn) {rPois rF- MR+ Dex+4 SInv}
   (You acquired it on level 13 of the Dungeon)   

It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It makes you vulnerable to fire.
   It lets you see invisible.
 F - the +0 Maxwell's etheric cage {RegenMP+ *Contam rElec MP+4}
   (You found it on level 22 of a ziggurat)   

It affects your magic capacity (+4).
   It causes magical contamination when unequipped.
 K - the +4 moon troll leather armour {Spirit, Regen+++ MP+5}
   (You took it off a moon troll in a wizard's laboratory)   

It affects your magic capacity (+5).
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 L - the +2 ratskin cloak {+Rats *RatsS rPois rC+ rN+ rCorr Str-1 Dex+3}
   (You found it on level 21 of a ziggurat)   

It affects your strength (-1).
   It affects your dexterity (+3).
   It protects you from acid and corrosion.
Jewellery
 k - the ring "Oqimaib" {+Inv MR+++ MP+9 EV+2 Str+3}

[ring of evasion]

It affects your evasion (+2).
   It affects your strength (+3).
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
   It lets you turn invisible.
 A - the macabre finger necklace (around neck) {rN+}
   (You found it on level 15 of a ziggurat)   

[amulet of nothing]

J - the ring "Xiagineg" {Ice Dex+2 Slay+5 Stlth-}
   (You found it on level 5 of a ziggurat)   

[ring of ice]

It enhances your ice magic.
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   (+5).
   It makes you vulnerable to fire.
   It makes you less stealthy.
 M - the ring "Geme Ocu" (left hand) {MP+9 Dex+2 Slay+6}
   (You found it on level 17 of a ziggurat)   

[ring of slaying]

It affects your dexterity (+2).
   (+6).
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
 N - the amulet of Vitality {Regen+ HP+15}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Pits of Slime)   

[amulet of regeneration]

It affects your health (+15).
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 R - the ring of the Trilobite (right hand) {rCorr rN++ Str+3}
   (You found it on level 27 of a ziggurat)   

[ring of resist corrosion]

It greatly protects you from negative energy.
 S - the ring "Tikaraim" {rF+ Str+3 Dex+3}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 5 of the Dungeon)   

[ring of strength]

It affects your dexterity (+3).
 T - the amulet "Viufua" {Gourm rElec rN++ Str+4}
   (You acquired it on level 4 of the Spider Nest)   

[amulet of the gourmand]

It allows you to eat raw meat even when not hungry.
   It affects your strength (+4).
   It greatly protects you from negative energy.
 U - the ring "Ofopawku" (on amulet) {rElec MR+ Str-3 Int+8 Stlth-}

[ring of protection from magic]

It affects your strength (-3).
   It affects your intelligence (+8).
   It makes you less stealthy.
 X - the brooch of Shielding {Reflect SH+9}
   (You found it on level 21 of a ziggurat)   

[amulet of reflection]

It shields you and reflects attacks.
   It affects your SH (+9).
 Y - the ring "Fischufi" {+Fly rElec Int+5}
   (You found it on level 11 of a ziggurat)   

[ring of flight]

It affects your intelligence (+5).
   It lets you fly.
 Z - the cursed necklace of Bloodlust {*Rage +Rage MR++ Int-3 Slay+6 *Curse}
   (You found it on level 13 of a ziggurat)   

[amulet of rage]

It affects your intelligence (-3).
   (+6).
   It lets you go berserk.
   It may make you go berserk in combat.
   It curses itself when equipped.
   It has a curse placed upon it.
Wands
 e - a wand of disintegration (94)
 H - a wand of digging (82)
 V - a wand of hasting (73)
Scrolls
 o - 19 scrolls of blinking
 p - 18 scrolls of enchant armour
 q - 43 scrolls of enchant weapon
 w - 4 scrolls of brand weapon
Potions
 f - 39 potions of curing
 G - 8 potions of flight
 O - 3 potions of might
 Q - 22 potions of heal wounds (quivered)
Miscellaneous
 C - the horn of Geryon
 I - a +2 figurine of a ziggurat
Comestibles
 g - 142 rations

Skills:
 O Level 27 Fighting
 - Level 16.4 Polearms
 O Level 27 Armour
 O Level 27 Dodging
 + Level 16.4 Stealth
 - Level 15.0 Shields
 - Level 23.1 Unarmed Combat
 O Level 27 Spellcasting
 - Level 7.3 Charms
 - Level 11.5 Summonings
 O Level 27 Necromancy
 O Level 27 Translocations
 - Level 14.5 Transmutations
 O Level 27 Earth Magic
 O Level 27 Evocations

You cannot memorise any spells.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Death Channel         Necr           ##########   1%          6    N/A
b - Infestation           Necr           ##########   1%          8    N/A
c - Borgnjor's Vile Clut  Necr/Erth      ##########   1%          5    N/A
d - Singularity           Tloc           #########.   8%          9    N/A
e - Control Undead        Necr           ##########   1%          4    N/A
f - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    N/A
g - Lee's Rapid Deconstr  Erth           #########.   1%          5    N/A
h - Controlled Blink      Tloc           N/A          1%          8    N/A
i - Aura of Abjuration    Summ           #########.   1%          5    N/A
j - Shatter               Erth           #########.   8%          9    N/A
k - Apportation           Tloc           ######       1%          1    N/A
N - Necromutation         Tmut/Necr      ##########   7%          8    N/A
R - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       ######       2%          2    N/A
V - Borgnjor's Revivific  Necr           ##########   1%          8    N/A

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gozag is up there, yeah, as is TSO. It depends on your build and your needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Gozag is a strong contender for best Extended god, yes. Vehu, Makhleb, and TSO aren't complete slouches and work very well with certain characters, but Gozag is more versatile and the potions thing gets pretty silly once you're rolling in enough gold to use it at convenience. Gozag's abilities also tend to pair particularly well with both zig-running and with characters who are in the 'well I'm basically a tiny golden god, what now?' phase; previously, it was Nemelex Xobeh who rewarded those with sufficient faith in the heart of the cards with hideous power and unlimited dungeon features, now you just kind of pay your way through with Gozag.

It is worth mentioning that while you are in a strong position for Zig-running forever, it's still possible there are times you would want to drop Necromutate. There are few things ruder than a Zig floor full of smiting and high-powered Dispel Undeads going off, but that's probably an exception, since I could only figure on that happening on a very unlikely set of rolls in a Mummy or Pan Lord floor (maybe Holy too, but I can't think of any particularly powerful Holy casters with DU). Coincidentally, guess how some of my 'zig run forever' goofarounds tended to end. :D