Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
If they can keep 15 players on the pitch, they'll give Japan a serious test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They seemed a bit disorganised from the radio commentary I was listening to. I'm not sure if either side will adapt to the other.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Uruguay/Fiji has been pretty funny so far

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Few fumbles on both sides so far but nice to see my boys from Uruguay with a pretty solid lead at halftime

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Wow, still tip Fiji from here but strong lead in the 2nd half for Uruguay.

edit: Uruguay up by 8 with 5 to go

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 25, 2019

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Caught the final half hour of that match - absolutely immense from Uruguay

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

They’ve done it!!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Go the underdogs!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Just a wonderful performance

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

First upset of the World Cup right there!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Amazed that Uruguay beat Fiji. Fiji played so badly and Uruguay put all the effort they had into that match, amazing win for them. Now they have four days before they take on Georgia, that's a tough ask.

EDIT: Good on you lads

https://twitter.com/ITVRugby/status/1176758764868907008

bessantj fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Sep 25, 2019

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Sneaky head butt from the Samoans

https://twitter.com/EnglandRugbyPod/status/1176454993009872897

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I think the commissioner issued a warning over it, unless there was another striking incident out there.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Reece Hodge just copped a 3 week ban for his tackle on Yato

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Which team do you think is mostly likely to get a red card for this tackling shenanigans and bugger up their world cup chances?

Personally I think it will be England. I think Owen "The People's Shoulder" Farrell drew a lot of attention to the issue prior to the world cup which means they'll (rightly or wrongly) probably be under a lot of scrutiny. Plus if England doesn't win the world cup the English fans need something to blame it on that isn't their team.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Aramoro posted:

Reece Hodge just copped a 3 week ban for his tackle on Yato

Wow

Also holy poo poo I knew there was going to be an upset at some point but I completely wrote off Uruguay as one of the completely lesser minnow nations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Time for everyone to get hype about the first really important game of the World Cup so far, Italy vs Canada!

The Mighty Canucks are coming out with a full strength team just not in the positions you might imagine. With Flyhalf Parfrey playing Fullback and....Peter Nelson who played Fullback for Ulster playing at Flyhalf. They're also playing Gordon McRorie at Scrum half, who it entirely amateur which is an interesting choice as well. I'm sure it'll all be fine.

1. Buydens
2. Howard
3. Tierney
4. Keys
5. Larsen
6. Sheppard
7. Rumball
8. Ardron (c)
9. McRorie

10. Nelson
11. Van Der Merwe
12. Blevins
13. Lesage
14. Hassler
15. Parfrey

If Van Der Merwe scores then he will join Jonah Lomu as the only player to score in 5 consecutive matches.

Italy are ringing the changes a resting a lot of key players, letting Budd be the captain for this one.

1. Andrea Lovotti
2. Luca Bigi
3. Simone Ferrari
4. David Sisi
5. Dean Budd (capt.)
6. Sebastian Negri
7. Jake Polledri
8. Braam Steyn
9. Callum Braley

10. Tommaso Allan
11. Giulio Bisegni
12. Jayden Hayward
13. Michele Campagnaro
14. Tommaso Benvenuti
15. Matteo Minozzi

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The Uruguay win was fantastic but if Fiji had a kicker who could get a single kick through the posts they would have won comfortably. Fiji scored with like 1 kick out of 8 or something, it was insane. Uruguay absolutely deserved to win based on that stat alone but the Fiji coach must be pulling his hair out.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

After crushing Scotland last year, has the sleeping giant of rugby started to awaken?

Find out tomorrow as the USA Eagles take on England. In the build up, Eddie Jones described the Eagles as 15 Donald Trumps which if accurate means that despite all the odds and intelligence, the USA will somehow win.

The Eagles have gone for experienced players such as Blaine Scully and youth in 19 year old David Ainuu, the second youngest front row player in RWC history. Backed by the power and scoring acumen of Joe Taufete'e at hooker and the ever dependable AJ MacGinty at 10, the Eagles have a shot at delivering FREEDOM:911: (from the RWC quarter finals) to the relatively second string but strong side put out by England.

USA Eagles

1. David Ainuu
2. Joe Taufete'e
3. Titi Lamositele
4. Ben Landry
5. Nick Civetta
6.Tony Lamborn
7. John Quill
8. Cam Dolan
9. Shaun Davies
10. AJ MacGinty
11. Martin Iosefo
12. Paul Lasike
13. Marcel Brache
14. Blaine Scully (captain)
15. Will Hooley

England

1. Joe Marler
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie
3. Dan Cole
4. Joe Launchbury
5. George Kruis
6. Tom Curry
7. Lewis Ludlam
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Willi Heinz
10. George Ford
11. Joe Cokanasiga
12. Piers Francis
13. Jonathan Joseph
14. Ruaridh McConnochie
15. Elliot Daly

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
It's going to be 1812 all over again.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Kitchner posted:

Canada are going to show up and set fire the the USA coaches house?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

If we’re doing foul play does anyone have the gif of Kieran Read clotheslining du Toit?

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
Really happy to see Civetta back from the PNC injury; hope he's in good condition :ohdear:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bigfoot again posted:

If we’re doing foul play does anyone have the gif of Kieran Read clotheslining du Toit?

I've got you fam

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/1175775265718489089

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Thanks. It’s a good one isn’t it? (I don’t think he should be cited)

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

I've put :10bux: on USA +33.5, not like I've ever wasted that amount of money before.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bigfoot again posted:

Thanks. It’s a good one isn’t it? (I don’t think he should be cited)

Yeah, probably a yellow card, definitely a penalty but unlikely to ever be a red unless it was cumulative warnings.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Looked accidental to me.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Because of WRU referee bookings and charity matches, I'm about to play 4 games of rugby in 4 days, and I've only been able to see 2 RWC games so far :aaa:

But, I get to watch Italy vs Canada, which is going to be loving amazing, and I think USA are actually capable of doing something surprising.

Tomorrow is a super loving hype rugby day!

bigfoot again posted:

The SA player isn't allowed to enter the channel like that, and so he isn't "in play". Kieran's entitled push or roll or stop the "dead player" from interfering with play, just as he would if the player was leaving a ruck, and then trying to re-enter from a blatantly offside position.

I think the fact that the player isn't "in play" gives Kieran a lot more license to protect the active play. He isn't allowed to hurt the guy, but the guy absolutely isn't meant to be there, and the burden isn't on Kieran to protect someone who he has to unexpectedly stop interfering with the play.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 26, 2019

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
It's pretty pathetic from the South African press to get sooky about that, it's hardly the crime of the century.

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

Kitchner posted:

Only valid if England are busy playing against France, and so send a Canadian squad augmented with a couple English third stringers. Match is pretty boring, not a ton happens (though the supporters come up with a new song, and a couple players get lit up) and it ends in a draw. England pleased that they managed the draw with a team full of nobodies. USA pleased due to a successful penalty taken 20 minutes after the end of the match.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

It's pretty pathetic from the South African press to get sooky about that, it's hardly the crime of the century.

On the one hand, yes it is. On the other hand, NZ fans in this very thread were moaning piteously about the missed penalty try in the same game.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bigfoot again posted:

On the one hand, yes it is. On the other hand, NZ fans in this very thread were moaning piteously about the missed penalty try in the same game.

We're NZers. Whining is what we do. In saying that, one was a professional foul to stop a certain try, one was a careless go at a player who was in an infringing position. And compared to one on the hits on Savea, it wasn't much.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

The Rabbi T. White posted:

We're NZers. Whining is what we do. In saying that, one was a professional foul to stop a certain try, one was a careless go at a player who was in an infringing position. And compared to one on the hits on Savea, it wasn't much.

You know what? Fair do’s to ya. I will admit the following grievances are legitimate:
1. The northern unions mismanage world rugby
2. The 95 team were definitely poisoned before the final
3. Wayne Barnes hosed you in 07

bigfoot again fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 26, 2019

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

The Rabbi T. White posted:

We're NZers. Whining is what we do.

Yeah, I hate to admit it but that's pretty true. And one of our favourite things to whine about is whiners, the irony of which is lost on a lot of people I find.

Anyway, Italy/Canada's about to start and England/USA later on. Kind of hope there's another upset tonight.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The state of this pitch

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That was some weak rear end defending from the Canadians

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Brutal

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Some of the worst defending of the World Cup so far, just missing tackles left and right, bouncing off Italians because they’re going so high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Why are Canada so bad? *Looks up coach* Kingsley Jones. Ah that explains everything.