Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
has anyone got a honda fit with the refresh mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

KakerMix posted:

Nobody seeks out manuals for any sort of advantage, they seek them out because they want them. Anyone that goes "lol autos are better" is missing the point, manuals are chosen because they are fun and engaging for the people that buy them.

This is why with used cars the manuals cost way, way more.

In areas with a lot of icy weather there is an advantage, but only if your car is otherwise also purchased with the icy weather in mind. Like, I've never seen an automatic in Finland, but 95% of the cars I see in Finland are very practical in general.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

1/4 lb, 100% All-Beef Hot Dog + 20 oz. Fountain Beverage (with refill) $1.49 USD.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I would just drive from the backseat, Hightower style in a Fit.

Only the olds will get this

13Pandora13 posted:

In areas with a lot of icy weather there is an advantage, but only if your car is otherwise also purchased with the icy weather in mind. Like, I've never seen an automatic in Finland, but 95% of the cars I see in Finland are very practical in general.

Automatics lack sisu

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

naem posted:

if they put the 1.5 liter turbocharged civic engine into a fit that would be ridiculously fun

:hmmorks:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

priznat posted:

Automatics lack sisu

:yeah:

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

1/4 lb, 100% All-Beef Hot Dog + 20 oz. Fountain Beverage (with refill) $1.49 USD.

mmm

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Yall bleeding into my real life as my neighbor just bought a fit.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

shovelbum posted:

I wish those weren't priced like collectibles

I got mine right as the price was shooting up. Orange, had a bit of hail damage on the roof, but you can't see it from the ground. Got it with less than 60,000 miles for $11k and want to get 250,000 miles out of it before I'm done.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

priznat posted:

https://youtu.be/xjNpA-fy1r0

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Tell me more

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Unponderable posted:

Tell me more

A top quality dog. Sauerkraut is available, but you have to ask for it at the counter. Please limit drink refills to one, out of respect and not enforcement. PBUC

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Yesterday's dinner. Mmm.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

MA-HO-NEEEEEY!

Can confirm, am old.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

GORDON posted:

MA-HO-NEEEEEY!

Can confirm, am old.

My friends and I bought the complete police academy movie collection and marathoned all of them when our buddy graduated from actual police academy. Four lokos were involved. It was not a good night.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Went to costco yesterday and stumbled upon a bitchin sauce event. Any 3 tubs of b sauce for 9.50. Got two hot and one regular

Pbuc

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

cheeeeesecake posted:

Went to costco yesterday and stumbled upon a bitchin sauce event. Any 3 tubs of b sauce for 9.50. Got two hot and one regular

Pbuc

:wow:

Kinda want to go to the 'co just for the off chance of running into that BITCHIN' deal

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has a page detailing all their vendor shows, although I don’t see bitchin sauce on there

https://www.costco.com/special-events.html

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So, uhhhh, what is bitchin sauce?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

the first and only costco in the state i live in is scheduled to open in march 2020 and its 3 miles from my house, and less than half a mile from my work. should i be happy y/n

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Enos Cabell posted:

Like humus, but made out of almond paste.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I went to the Co on Saturday hoping to buy some giant crab legs from the little stand at the meat dept and it wasn't there! I was not about to buy a crab leg box for $300 from the freezer section.

Went to Meijer hoping they had some decent crab legs and all they had were tiny tiny tiny ones... No crab legs for me.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

big trivia FAIL posted:

the first and only costco in the state i live in is scheduled to open in march 2020 and its 3 miles from my house, and less than half a mile from my work. should i be happy y/n

Not only will you be blessed with a church in such proximity, allowing you to worship any day during the week. You will have free entertainment on the weekend watching the flock line up outside the doors before opening services.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Washout posted:

Modern automatics don't have any kind of maintenance or mileage disadvantages over manual anymore, so unless you plan on going full car crazy and autocrossing or something there is no real reason for them anymore. But that really sucks we aren't getting that all electric fit, I'd get one of those in a second, that would be perfect for this island.

I could say something about it being anti-theft, or being able to drive any given car, or maintenance.

But at the end of the day I like it because it's fun. Nailing a downshift with no jolt at all feels amazing.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Coredump posted:

Not only will you be blessed with a church in such proximity, allowing you to worship any day during the week. You will have free entertainment on the weekend watching the flock line up outside the doors before opening services.

unfortunately there are 14 existing churches within that same distance i fear the congregations may grow thin

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Trastion posted:

I went to the Co on Saturday hoping to buy some giant crab legs from the little stand at the meat dept and it wasn't there! I was not about to buy a crab leg box for $300 from the freezer section.

Went to Meijer hoping they had some decent crab legs and all they had were tiny tiny tiny ones... No crab legs for me.

That reminds me, I saw a giant sign at my local Costco saying that they're doing a seafood thing in November. I wonder what's up with that.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That reminds me, I saw a giant sign at my local Costco saying that they're doing a seafood thing in November. I wonder what's up with that.

They have a little stand that has seafood on ice and someone will weigh and bag it for you. Usually King Crab legs, Dungeoness Crabs, Scallops and Shrimp. Stuff they sell in BIG bulk boxes in the freezer section but it allows you to buy smaller portions.

My closest Co usually has it, except apparently when I go there specifically for that...

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Trastion posted:

They have a little stand that has seafood on ice and someone will weigh and bag it for you. Usually King Crab legs, Dungeoness Crabs, Scallops and Shrimp. Stuff they sell in BIG bulk boxes in the freezer section but it allows you to buy smaller portions.

My closest Co usually has it, except apparently when I go there specifically for that...

I see them do that on Saturdays as well, I guess this November one is going to be extra special.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Trastion posted:

Not all Costcos are the same about when they do their seafood road show. I'm pretty sure it's management's discretion to choose when they do it. My Costco used to do it every Friday and Saturday but now only do it every other Friday/Saturday. You can always call the store and ask them when they're doing it, possibly save you a trip (but why give yourself a reason to not go to Costco?).

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Costco has a page detailing all their vendor shows, although I don’t see bitchin sauce on there

So apparently my local one is presenting something called a Lovesac. I thought that was just a condom?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

binge crotching posted:

So apparently my local one is presenting something called a Lovesac. I thought that was just a condom?

They're big beanbag-esqe chairs. They're good for chillin' in.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

big trivia FAIL posted:

big Y

prepare to revel in the glory of the 1/4 lb, 100% All-Beef Hot Dog + 20 oz. Fountain Beverage (with refill) for $1.49 USD.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

FCKGW posted:

Just found out Bitchin' has a schedule of 'cos they'll be at on the bottom of their website

http://www.bitchinsauce.com

none near me unfortunately :(

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Enos Cabell posted:

Better go get some, u scrub

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Christmas is in the bag this year, just need a pallet of these.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

EVG posted:

Christmas is in the bag this year, just need a pallet of these.

Actually good? Seems cheap even for Costco.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

It’s chocolate with like a half milliliter of liquid in it.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Ultimate Mango posted:

It’s chocolate with like a half milliliter of liquid in it.

Chocolate with booze in it for 12 bucks, not exactly highway robbery.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ah I thought it was 30 mini bottles of scotch, that makes more sense.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

tangy yet delightful posted:

That would have been a delightful deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

tangy yet delightful posted:

That's what I thought too, that it was a sampler case.