Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I also did this satyr archer

and my latest commission includes a dRAGON MADE OF LIGHTNING!

oh neat I really like these two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer

I also did this satyr archer

and my latest commission includes a dRAGON MADE OF LIGHTNING!

These are seriously super cool! I would totally trade you USD for arts.

Farecoal

There he go

:same:

Macnult

this is really good gsjg

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
here's a drunken cat in charcoal to hopefully keep this beautiful thread alive

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

I love it

never not post drunken cats

ty nesamdoom!

nut

Luvcow posted:

its's just like us, but cat

i love it

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Luvcow posted:

Me irl

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

your art style always warms my heart luvcow

Android Blues

this is non-visual art but i composed this tonight and i think it sounds pretty nice!

Macnult

Android Blues posted:

this is non-visual art but i composed this tonight and i think it sounds pretty nice!

i like it! also gotchu on that tumblr follow :cheers:

Android Blues

Macnult posted:

i like it! also gotchu on that tumblr follow :cheers:

hooray + thanks! we are now byob mutuals :)

nut

Android Blues posted:

this owns

Manifisto

Android Blues posted:

oo I like it

def make it a full song, that would rule

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Android Blues posted:

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
did this yesterday, wanted to try something new

Goons Are Gifts

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jedrick posted:

This is painted? I swear it's moving and rippling and looks a bit like it used to be an image and was hit with a bunch of photoshop filters. But I see the edge of the canvas and I don't think that texture is a filter.

I really like it. The blue tinted oval in the center looks a bit like a Blizzard Entertainment fallen paladin type figure. Big sword in front while wearing a hood. Maybe some wings wrapping around a bit hard to tell and I'm sure that's intended.

There is a jagged white line under this that crosses the entire canvas the highest point, just under the paladin and to the left a bit is a big rooster and a skull. There's also a dog or horse head I haven't decided which over to the left. You don't make something like this wouldn't mentally thinking of parts of it as "something" so am I even remotely close to what you called these areas?

Top right has a circle that I like to think of as the sun and all the lines are the heat emanating from it hitting the central blob and being deflected, a powerful paladin in deed if that is what it is.

sig by owlhawk911

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.

Yeah, it's poured acrylic paint. Basically I filled a cup with different colored layers of paint and poured it out across the canvas. Then you pick up and tilt the canvas to let the paint run across it, attempting to control the distortions of the patterns. Different methods of pouring make different effects. This was my first time trying this, but I'm going to keep experimenting.

I love your interpretation, I can't unsee that giant rooster lol. I kinda see the whole image as a ship cresting a wave and trying to outrun a storm at twilight. The upper right is like the moon and coming darkness, while the upper left is waning daylight. Different percieved imagery, but a similar emotion for sure.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about art is that as soon as it reaches the public it belongs to everyone. There's no wrong answers about how a piece makes an individual feel. One friend thought my painting was peaceful cliffs at a beach, and another called it a "psychedelic dong" and I just laughed my rear end off. Perception is beautiful.

Robot Made of Meat

Jedrick posted:

Yeah, it's poured acrylic paint. Basically I filled a cup with different colored layers of paint and poured it out across the canvas. Then you pick up and tilt the canvas to let the paint run across it, attempting to control the distortions of the patterns. Different methods of pouring make different effects. This was my first time trying this, but I'm going to keep experimenting.

I love your interpretation, I can't unsee that giant rooster lol. I kinda see the whole image as a ship cresting a wave and trying to outrun a storm at twilight. The upper right is like the moon and coming darkness, while the upper left is waning daylight. Different percieved imagery, but a similar emotion for sure.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about art is that as soon as it reaches the public it belongs to everyone. There's no wrong answers about how a piece makes an individual feel. One friend thought my painting was peaceful cliffs at a beach, and another called it a "psychedelic dong" and I just laughed my rear end off. Perception is beautiful.

Always good to see analog arts!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jedrick posted:

colors are beautiful

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.
I did another one.

Macnult

Jedrick posted:

Jedrick posted:

I did another one.

i love these, they make me think of a really groovy jupiter

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

i love these, they make me think of a really groovy jupiter

:agreed:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hoping to jumpstart this thread because it's beautiful and i want to see everyone's art

i have a new student in my sketch class who's into horse's and these are one's i did with them using a b5 pencil a couple week's ago during 1 hour class:

and this last week they wanted to do something different so we went with silhouette and the shapes of trees:

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

hoping to jumpstart this thread because it's beautiful and i want to see everyone's art

i have a new student in my sketch class who's into horse's and these are one's i did with them using a b5 pencil a couple week's ago during 1 hour class:

and this last week they wanted to do something different so we went with silhouette and the shapes of trees:

thanks for sharing these luvcow, they’re beautiful and it looks like you’re a great teacher :love:

very happy to see your signature style on that last one :)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I should draw horses

tradjik

I should draw horses

that was a good thread

ty heather papps u da bes

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Jedrick posted:

made this the background on my phone, thanks dude

just finished reading this whole thread and you're all amazing, pretend i emptyquoted everyone. next time i make a "music" i'll post it here

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

catapede

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Love the art in this thread =3

I don't draw enough, but here's my belated cat in pen and chalk. She was a grumpy girl with a heart of gold.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

catapede posted:

I don't draw enough, but here's my belated cat in pen and chalk. She was a grumpy girl with a heart of gold.

reminds me of my grumpy old cat. here she is hanging out with my wife. (cat on the left, wife on the right)

Robot Made of Meat

reminds me of my grumpy old cat. here she is hanging out with my wife. (cat on the left, wife on the right)

I don't think I've seen an image that sums up "cat" better.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

catapede

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Lmao this image is purrfect

Macnult

i love both of those cats

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

i love both of those cats

:same:

if you ever feel up to it please post more art macnult, always loved your pen and ink

:love:

Jedrick

Smoke weed every day.

catapede posted:

So good, the grumpiness is palpable! You should do a series of different cats.

Android Blues

gettin laid off and then quarantine had me art blocked for months, but i finally drew something!

a giant anteater! probably gonna animate them + touch up the lines a bit but this felt really healing to do

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
That's rad! I didn't remember this thread was a thing. I can dump my paintings here instead of making GBS threads up the chat thread.

nut

okiedoke posted:

That's rad!

:krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
If you could animate some sweet kicking action... :discourse: