Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Your options are:

1) Play Historic with no daily rewards.
2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GimmickMan posted:

Your options are:

1) Play Historic with no daily rewards.
2)

There will be Historic events that will count, but generally yeah.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also occasionally there will be a ranked queue right?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also you can in fact do the daily quests in historic

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I shall simply never play historic.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

I shall simply never play historic.

Same, with the caveat that I might play it in like a year when its not just the current standard with 1 or 2 extra sets

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

flatluigi posted:

also you can in fact do the daily quests in historic

The "do ___ x times" ones yes but it won't count for one of your 15 daily wins.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Surely they are going to release the cool alt border cards as "styles" at some point

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lagomorphic posted:

The "do ___ x times" ones yes but it won't count for one of your 15 daily wins.

those are weekly wins

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Are any ELD drafts going to be available tomorrow?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/1176851261314011137?s=19

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2289031#paper

(from ben wheeler)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Arena is great, because it allows us to go from, "New set looks awesome, so many fun new things to try!" to "Oh poo poo, that's going to be absurd and terrible to play against," before the set even comes out.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

At least if they ban Teferi (I have no opinion on whether or not that's likely, just saying if) they get to try again when he's the star of the core set next year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Maybe those Teferii won't be format warping :kiddo:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sinteres posted:

At least if they ban Teferi (I have no opinion on whether or not that's likely, just saying if) they get to try again when he's the star of the core set next year.

They should just rerelease big and little Tef to terrorize standard for another two years!

It's me, I'm the rear end in a top hat control player.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

well I know what I'm building first now

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
But t3feri hurts control more than anything else, turning off your counters and bouncing your win con sucks.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Teferi is a pretty cool character, flavor and lorewise. If they want to fix Teferi in the next set, make him into the designated "flicker" planeswalker. That fits so well with his story.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Make phasing great again.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Tom Gorman posted:

Teferi is a pretty cool character, flavor and lorewise. If they want to fix Teferi in the next set, make him into the designated "flicker" planeswalker. That fits so well with his story.
They should bring back his mana ramping abilities

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It’s hosed up they unbalded Teferi.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

fadam posted:

It’s hosed up they unbalded Teferi.

he used to be BatBoy/Gollum. That was pretty cool.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

AnEdgelord posted:

But t3feri hurts control more than anything else, turning off your counters and bouncing your win con sucks.

It controls control!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The Teferi who was a creature in Time Spiral was also very annoying right

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MikeCrotch posted:

The Teferi who was a creature in Time Spiral was also very annoying right
I remember him being a huge bomb in draft.

Hopefully Teferi in Core 2021 leans on his "gives creatures flash" or maybe they put defensive phasing in the set. Or he gets something from his first card!

Awww yea

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Spiderdrake posted:

I remember him being a huge bomb in draft.

Hopefully Teferi in Core 2021 leans on his "gives creatures flash" or maybe they put defensive phasing in the set. Or he gets something from his first card!

Awww yea

It's very important to note that you don't get the mana from this for 2 turns.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Does anyone know what's coming up after the RNA draft ends tomorrow? Are they ending the secondary queue?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Teferi is one of the only characters left alive from when when I started playing Magic as a child so I’m way more invested in him than all these stupid modern characters for young people

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think the only recent character people were invested in was fplthb and WotC kind of killed that meme by making him a competitive card.

I guess there's still judith.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Phasing was so loving bad

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Throne of Eldraine block seems like its going to be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ex post facho posted:

Throne of Eldraine block seems like its going to be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it
It looks fantastic, but just to make sure you know, next two sets are Theros 2 and Ikoria, Scandinavian monster assembly superstore

note: set may not actually be Scandinavian

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Phasing was so loving bad
It's interesting realizing it was predominantly a blue keyword and probably the worst keyword in the game.

Breezekeeper costs U less than Air Elemental and will attack at the same time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
People still like Jaya right?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Phasing was bad because it required way too much memory to keep track, the core flickering thing was good and got used a lot.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Teferi's protection in core 2021.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Does untapped.gg's overlay not work in fullscreen mode or something?

Also I'm assuming if the ALT+[Q/W/U] buttons don't do anything either then it's probably not functioning properly, yeah?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hammer Bro. posted:

Does untapped.gg's overlay not work in fullscreen mode or something?

Also I'm assuming if the ALT+[Q/W/U] buttons don't do anything either then it's probably not functioning properly, yeah?

Yeah, that sounds like you don't have it installed properly. It works fine for me in fullscreen.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tom Gorman posted:

Teferis one of my favorite characters in the MTG universe. Cool character arc from the Urza block through the Invasion cycle. His new planeswalker cards don't fit him since he was A) a blue mage that did more than just time stuff and B) wasn't even a planeswalker but was retconned his spark back and turned into a pure time bubble guy.

Telling you all this post-mending stuff ain't no good, ain't no good at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah hopefully he gets back to his Invasion block era design and they give him the ability to Sinkhole with draw 2 and/or a moat effect.

Everyone loves moats except Syr Branigan