Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Another Bill posted:

success of Fallout 76

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
What’s the fastest way to level up the outlaw pass? Is it tied to the three pursuits, or just to rank xp? It seems the levels don’t require any more xp as I progress, just 1000 per rank.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Roshambo posted:

What’s the fastest way to level up the outlaw pass? Is it tied to the three pursuits, or just to rank xp? It seems the levels don’t require any more xp as I progress, just 1000 per rank.

Just regular rank xp, but if you're looking for an easy way to earn lots of xp (and money), get the metal detector from the collector role. I earned a crazy amount of xp by just riding around the map with it equipped. The thing is constantly going off and you'll earn 200-300 role AND regular xp for every item you dig up. I max leveled the outlaw pass and the collector role in just a few days with it. It's worth the price.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Vastarien posted:

Just regular rank xp, but if you're looking for an easy way to earn lots of xp (and money), get the metal detector from the collector role. I earned a crazy amount of xp by just riding around the map with it equipped. The thing is constantly going off and you'll earn 200-300 role AND regular xp for every item you dig up. I max leveled the outlaw pass and the collector role in just a few days with it. It's worth the price.

Do you get the metal detector when you sign up for the job?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Foehammer007 posted:

Do you get the metal detector when you sign up for the job?

Nah, you gotta buy it from Nazar.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Is there a good crew? I didn't see anything in the OP or the Discord.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I hated the o'driscolls because of what they did to kieran, i hated the lemoynes because they're confederates, but holy poo poo all these murfees are getting the machete for stopping me brewing coffee every single loving time

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Vastarien posted:

How do you get the metal detector? Is it unlocked through progress, or is it in the catalog?

Edit: just saw you have to buy it from the lady. I’ve just started with the collector role - I gave up on bounties because of the bug.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
2.3 gig update when I tried to start up this morning.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

How do you get the metal detector? Is it unlocked through progress, or is it in the catalog?

Edit: just saw you have to buy it from the lady. I’ve just started with the collector role - I gave up on bounties because of the bug.

Yeah, you'll need to unlock it first (at collector rank 5, I believe) and then you can buy it from Nazar. You'll also need to buy the shovel, as well. Stuff is a bit expensive, but you'll earn your money back.

Vastarien fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 24, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

PlisskensEyePatch posted:

2.3 gig update when I tried to start up this morning.

Any change to metal detector? I was just about to log in and begin the cycle of abusing the hell out of it

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012

Donovan Trip posted:

Any change to metal detector? I was just about to log in and begin the cycle of abusing the hell out of it

Haven't gotten the detector so can't say. Mostly looks like clothes so far.

New hat looks like a train conductor hat, new poncho looks more like raw skin, couple new shirts one bibbed and one with checks and scrollwork on the shoulders, new pants that look more like the single player saddle pants, couple new boots, fuzzy scarf.

Haven't really noticed anything else just yet.

You can't mix and match the role outfits right? It's set like the Charles outfit you can get?

Eta: maybe a new offhand holster? Sandstorm? It doesn't show up in the weapon catalog, but is the View All list.

PlisskensEyePatch fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 24, 2019

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I think you can mix and match between role outfits somewhat—hit the bumper buttons while you’re under Role Outfits in your wardrobe

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Welp, they just added the trilby. Been a good run, everyone.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
The server crashes on RDO nearly every 15-30 min, so aggravating man.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So I just started collector and found my first 3 items. The text came and went too fast, what do I do now?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Keep looking for more. They crop up in all sorts of places, and then you get the shovel and metal detector and find even more. Maps will lead you to various places you can find a guaranteed spawn, but they often lead you to duplicates of what you already have, so finding a complete set can be a trial. You can sell duplicates for less cash than a complete set or just amass a museum of eggs, flowers and random old garbage that you keep in your satchel.

Each find offers good XP even if you don't sell anything for money, and you'll be stumbling into collectibles while doing anything else. Don't make it the thing you focus on and it'll still max pretty quick.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Must have had a delayed or glitched tool tip. Metal detector definitely still works from horseback.

Just got the metal detector and I believe someone had mentioned you could use riding a horse? If so, that is no longer true.

PlisskensEyePatch fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 24, 2019

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The one constant thing that chaps my rear end about Online is that any action you take while someone is having a gun fight is set to the lowest goddamn priority imaginable. Try cooking food or reviving a horse near a gunfight. You'll see there waiting for Rockstar's lovely online setup to process your request for five to ten, even fifteen minutes. It's the stupidest poo poo I've ever come across in this mode and I've seen a lot of dumb, time-wasting crap.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Just got the metal detector and I believe someone had mentioned you could use riding a horse? If so, that is no longer true.

It still works.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012

Funso Banjo posted:

It still works.

Weird. I got a message that it couldn't be used from horseback.

Is it really just a matter of running or riding around until I blips then digging up whatever?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Weird. I got a message that it couldn't be used from horseback.

Is it really just a matter of running or riding around until I blips then digging up whatever?

Pretty much. Ride to places, take the none road routes where possible, when it triggers run around till you get the dig site.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I had all those clothing options available last night before the patch started downloading today, so it must contain other stuff.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

New legendary bounty takes you to Lake Isabella, but don’t worry about the cold (until the mission ends, then it affects you)

There are so many wolves

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was thinking taking the bounty wagon might be a good idea just so you don't get bucked, but I don't know how those horses interact with wolves.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Oof. That Nosalida outfit is certainly something.

To answer my own question on the role outfits, aside from the hats you can't mix and match with standard gear. It seems you can mix between specific role outfits, like the rank three jacket on the rank one pants, but not between roles.

Kind of odd.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I really want to do poo poo, but the recent spat of bugs with these updates is making it almost impossible. No animals are spawning, so my camp (if it actually spawns itself) never has materials for me to do trader deliveries. Half the bounties glitch out; I just stood around for 10 minutes with my screen letterboxed, trying to turn one in. The number of times I've had to restart the game and wait an eternity for it to load back into online is becoming rather aggravating.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

its all nice on rice posted:

I really want to do poo poo, but the recent spat of bugs with these updates is making it almost impossible. No animals are spawning, so my camp (if it actually spawns itself) never has materials for me to do trader deliveries. Half the bounties glitch out; I just stood around for 10 minutes with my screen letterboxed, trying to turn one in. The number of times I've had to restart the game and wait an eternity for it to load back into online is becoming rather aggravating.

The update this week fixed my bugs mostly but it seems like my camp just randomly spawns in a new place every time I load up the game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Should’ve kept it in beta imo

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I feel the same as you guys. I enjoy playing this game a lot, but it's just too full of bugs that waste my time. It's death by a thousand paper cuts.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

marshmallow creep posted:

I was thinking taking the bounty wagon might be a good idea just so you don't get bucked, but I don't know how those horses interact with wolves.

It's really not necessary. Get a war horse or something not so skittish, keep calming it, and maintain distance between you and the wolves. Carry a shotgun if you need to but I've been doing it with a bolt action rifle.

My biggest bug right now is four of five times, the server has crashed right after I turn him in. I receive the rewards but it's annoying.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Transmogrifier posted:

It's really not necessary. Get a war horse or something not so skittish, keep calming it, and maintain distance between you and the wolves. Carry a shotgun if you need to but I've been doing it with a bolt action rifle.

My biggest bug right now is four of five times, the server has crashed right after I turn him in. I receive the rewards but it's annoying.

I run right up to the wolves in the new bounty on my Ardennes 'HorseWithNoMane' and I've never been thrown. Those are tough horses. I used the same horse you got for free during SP - they are amazing for hunting and missions.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

I run right up to the wolves in the new bounty on my Ardennes 'HorseWithNoMane' and I've never been thrown. Those are tough horses. I used the same horse you got for free during SP - they are amazing for hunting and missions.

Yeah I use a Breton, the Bounty horse. It's only thrown me a few times because I got caught between the environment and the wolves. Most of the time he kicks the poo poo out of the wolves with me.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I have been using a fox trotter for most of my business but he cannot stand all the wolves.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the Wolf Man more prone to getting alerted and running away in the higher difficulties? A friend and I pretty much massacred all the wolf packs and didn't alert him until we got super close, then he just ran at us the first time we did it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Did anyone else get an in game notification of a rockstar reward at the post office but not actually receive anything?

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Just did a large long distance delivery with a friend and got attacked 50 feet from the destination by a lone ganker with explosive ammo. We killed him a few times, hand-delivered all four sacks and got... a hundredth of the payout we were supposed to get.

Edit: at this point they might as well just add Support Ticket to the goddam item wheel

Dick Jones fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 28, 2019

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Feels like players are becoming a bit more hostile. Presumably people have burned through the Outlaw Pass and the new Roles already, or maybe the deathmatchers have come back for the new update as well. I switched to local deliveries after my wagon got one shotted by a single fire arrow. We had five people but the guy only had to land one shot to ruin our payout.

Some redditors worked up a list of links to clothing items that you can buy online but not in game. https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnline/comments/d9ak72/limited_stock_item_links/

This includes the Gardenia Hat :allears:

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Sep 27, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

HOW-DEE MISTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
yeah it's weird if the goods or supply bags touch the ground after being picked up they go for much less. I did a supply run with 2 friends and after we got the three bags one of my friends crashed their horse and the bag fell off.When he turned it in we got 15 supplies instead of the full 20.

Seriously it's not worth 150 bucks extra or whatever you size delivery cart is to do the longer distence delivery. Just do local and if you got the 4 barrel wagon it's a cool 500 bucks. If you got friends they make 250.

I've maxed out trader and the 250 they make off mine goes into their own business so when they also get the 4 barrel wagon we will max all our camps goods and go on mutiple local runs and each make close to 1000. It's EZ money and I wouldn't be surprised when sometime down the line the nerf how much you actually make on a local.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 27, 2019