Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

When I was growing up, the local rock station "105.7 THE X!!" used to play a bumper before/after commercial breaks that featured the sound clip from this episode of the Simpsons where Ned's saying "The lights, the noise.. the letter X! It's all designed to inflame the senses!" and hearing that sound clip on this episode lit up a part of my brain that took me back to 1999 so vividly.

Also it's always fun hearing new "Dan is Forrest Gump" stories that I haven't heard before, I had no idea he was at the show where Owen Hart died jesus christ. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
What will the recording setup be when Bob moves to :canada:? FYI Struggle Session sounds crystal clear while the hosts are half the US apart

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Analytic Engine posted:

What will the recording setup be when Bob moves to :canada:? FYI Struggle Session sounds crystal clear while the hosts are half the US apart

I have a lot of experience recording with a home setup, but I haven't had to use it much since Henry lives 30 minutes away from me. I have existing professional equipment to use, and since I won't be living in a Bay Area shoebox, I'll have a lot more space to build a nice recording setup.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

bobservo posted:

since I won't be living in a Bay Area shoebox, I'll have a lot more space to build a nice recording setup.

I'm not sure why this popped into my head immediately.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
will you be changing your username to bobserv-eh thank you I will take my answer off the air

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Riptor posted:

will you be changing your username to bobserv-eh thank you I will take my answer off the air

He's changing it to boubservou

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

zari-gani posted:

I expected Bob to change it to Rowsdower

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Nick Soapdish posted:

I expected Bob to change it to Rowsdower

I wonder if there's Duff on the sun.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

zari-gani posted:

Actually it’s boubsrevou

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
come on we all know it's 'bobserviette'

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
bobchesterfield

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
He's going to Vancouver British Columbia, so it'd "Bob Doot Doola Doot Doo..."

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
RE old magazines: Did anyone read Game Players? It was the first time I ventured beyond Nintendo Power as a kid and I loved their snarky juvenile sense of humor

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Analytic Engine posted:

RE old magazines: Did anyone read Game Players? It was the first time I ventured beyond Nintendo Power as a kid and I loved their snarky juvenile sense of humor

Yep! Game Players was pretty cool at the time. No idea if their humor holds up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
besides Nintendo Power, the only game magazine I read was GamePro.

Stuff like this episode is where my complete ignorance due to disinterest about musicals comes into play. I had no idea that The Kids/Adults thing from this episode was from Bye Bye Birdy. Hell, my only interaction from the movie is that part in Mad Men when they want to use the opening song in an ad.

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1179094580538425344

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 2, 2019

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The use of SC2K music in the Dr. Katz episode :discourse:

I've seen that commercial with the Dom Irrera "Calling nuns 'My Man'" bit I don't know how many times, to the point that it's long been the only thing I can think of when Dr. Katz is brought up, and I'm very confused as to how that happened. We had Comedy Central when I was in elementary school, but we moved in '94 and our new cable provider didn't carry Comedy Central until '99. I can't imagine the Squigglevision™ cartoon at 10:30 on Sundays merited a full spectrum "Call your cable or satelite provider" ad push in 1995. Maybe one of the MST3K episodes I downloaded from KaZaA in college didn't have the ads cut out...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I hope to someday have the money to make them do Drawn Together. I love that stupid show so drat much.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I hope to someday have the money to make them do Drawn Together. I love that stupid show so drat much.

If this happens it's gotta be the episode "A Very Special Drawn Together Afterschool Special."

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Oh no

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Drawn Together makes Family Guy look smart in comparison. I’d still like to see them do an episode on it though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to force them to watch Allen Gregory.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Every poll where Undergrads isn't an option proves that Bob is a coward.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Might as well do Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue while we're at it. That's some I'd like to hear a deep dive on.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Every poll where Undergrads isn't an option proves that Bob is a coward.

Challenge him to a debate!

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
you guys are forgetting about a stone cold classic

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Do a stunt where hitting a new Patreon dollar/subscriber goal guarantees the WAC "Edgy Month from Hell." Drawn Together, Allen Gregory...Striperella and Gary the Rat...Gary and Mike...that episode of Nutshack about appropriating black culture...

Also fuckin' A finished the Dr. Katz episode and they dragged Friends (and more specifically, Ross from Friends) again, Bob and Henry are heroes

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Brickleberry or bust.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

BoosterDuck posted:

you guys are forgetting about a stone cold classic

Every time I hear the name of this without a graphic accompanying it I just think "wait, people remember That's My Bush?" and then it hits me they tried it as a cartoon too.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Lil' Bush, a show brave enough to start right around the time that W was entering his lame duck period, and ended just before he oversaw the economy cratering

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Do a stunt where hitting a new Patreon dollar/subscriber goal guarantees the WAC "Edgy Month from Hell." Drawn Together, Allen Gregory...Striperella and Gary the Rat...Gary and Mike...that episode of Nutshack about appropriating black culture...

Also fuckin' A finished the Dr. Katz episode and they dragged Friends (and more specifically, Ross from Friends) again, Bob and Henry are heroes

An episode from that season of Ren & Stimpy where they were on Spike TV and uncomfortably sexual.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PostNouveau posted:

An episode from that season of Ren & Stimpy where they were on Spike TV and uncomfortably sexual.

I thought about consolidating that into "The Spike TV Adult Swim knock-off block" but I think we're all ready to move past John K at this point

(The Games Animation episodes were the good ones, anyhow)

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Trash Boat posted:

Brickleberry or bust.

Toss in an episode of Paradise PD too!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

I thought about consolidating that into "The Spike TV Adult Swim knock-off block" but I think we're all ready to move past John K at this point

Which reminds me, did they allude to some misdeeds by the fairly odd parents Danny phantom guy in a recent episode? Or was it just they don't like the style of his shows?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Billy Gnosis posted:

Which reminds me, did they allude to some misdeeds by the fairly odd parents Danny phantom guy in a recent episode? Or was it just they don't like the style of his shows?

Butch Hartman is a tremendous homophobe and general shithead moron hellfucker

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Butch Hartman is a tremendous homophobe and general shithead moron hellfucker

Glad that I have no idea what those shows are like then.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Billy Gnosis posted:

Glad that I have no idea what those shows are like then.

They're both about kids hiding a supernatural secret from their family, aka the most easily queer genre possible. I liked them when back when i was a teen and they were on the air and now I'm gay as hell.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah the wild thing is that Butch is a Doug Tennapel-tier piece of poo poo except since he wasn't the sole creative voice on his stuff you can see a lot of the day to day people snuck in plenty past a boss who might have been more controlled in his shittiness in a corporate environment.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do hope they do Moonbeam City at some point. I really liked that show, even if it had serious Archer vibes. For one thing the music was absolutely amazing and I became a huge fan of Night Club because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfAJPDlAccA

Though it's one of those shows I wonder why they spent a ton of money getting celebs to do voices for a lot of the characters, while there's a huge pool of talented voice talent out there. Though getting Elizabeth Banks and Rob Lowe probably helped get the series sold.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Not really podcast related, more podcast adjacent, but I went to Universal Studios Orlando yesterday and went to Krustyland. The Simpsons ride was fun, but it started to give me some motion sickness at the end so I had to close my eyes a few times. I also did not know it was a CG movie, I thought it would be all traditional animation like the show and the movies they play before and after the ride. It's also disappointing how low resolution the movie is now, I get that the thing opened up a decade ago but like, maybe rerender it so it's not blurry when people are paying so much to visit the park?

Got a Lard Lad donut and it was good. Had a Krusy Burger and it was also good. They had Bort keyrings in the Kwik E Mart, so of course I had to buy one. The Flaming Moe is a fun idea and you get to keep the cup, but it's orange flavored soda when it should clearly be grape flavored. I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder. I think we're going to go back to the Orlando parks sometime next year and while I probably won't ride the ride again I think there's still enough stuff to check out to make it worth a second visit. I saw a bunch of Blinky stuffed toys and kinda wanted one, but also didn't feel like paying to play carnival games, maybe next time.

e: It also bums me out a lot that there will never be a Futurama-rama because it could be amazing and I can think of an entire parks worth of attractions and rides in addition to all of the ones you could just pull straight from the show itself. You're a damned liar if you tell me you wouldn't go on a Whalers on the Moon attraction.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Drawn Together called Bill Cosby a sexual predator in an episode that aired on October 25, 2006.