Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

thought she was lurking, coasting scum

I was right

also my power was "pick two jobs" at level 1 which gave me one shot abilities and upgraded to "pick two players" at level 2 so why would i not think it gave me their powers?

Seems obvious to me it wouldn’t give you two player’s powers lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

Seems obvious to me it wouldn’t give you two player’s powers lmao

yeah of course it seems obvious now that you've seen it happen you loving moron

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

yeah of course it seems obvious now that you've seen it happen you loving moron

Woah

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Scum team is ASF - Gulag - Toalpaz I think let’s get ASF again today

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

my role pm did not change any wording besides "job" to "player" so I went off the exact wording of it

these johnny come latelys popping in with hindsight is annoying, play the loving game instead of nitpicking me for killing a scum

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
There a reason we've dropped dancer?

Not that I disagree with going to the ASF well again based on the claim out.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

my role pm did not change any wording besides "job" to "player" so I went off the exact wording of it

these johnny come latelys popping in with hindsight is annoying, play the loving game instead of nitpicking me for killing a scum

I was just giving you poo poo friend, we must work together

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

im sorry, that was rude of me

for a minute there, i lost myself

i agree with voting asf again

i think toalpaz is a solid possibility for scum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Is a deathproof berserker a recruiter?
Are you a fool?

Turn off your computer!
And find out you tool!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

thought she was lurking, coasting scum

I was right

I MEAN UNLESS CULT GOT A N0 RECRUIT SHE WAS TOWN D1 NO?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

I have nothing on Dancer besides they only seem to post when prodded by the mod. Maybe a few votes will get them flustered?

##vote dancer

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr Humalong
Mr dumbalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

I MEAN UNLESS CULT GOT A N0 RECRUIT SHE WAS TOWN D1 NO?

it's a good thing I killed her n2 after she had been recruited and started coasting, then!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah, ##vote Dancer

I've seen this poo poo from them before. They've claimed it's unaligned but honestly I wouldn't it being a tactic past them.

Also a deathproof recruiter honestly seems fairly legit as a role. Gives the cult at least an opportunity if their leader gets nailed.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm also super suss on Dancer who keeps vanishing

Dude it's been less than a real-life planet Earth day. I dared leave the house today to spend time with physical people and now I just got home and I can check forums. If you call that "vanishing" then I dunno how you've ever played Mafia with anyone that, say, has had a job where they can't browse forums (or just don't have a data plan on their phone because that poo poo costs money).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##vote siv btw for trees and cult of vine (while I catch up with the rest of things posted)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
side-note it's pretty fuckin' slimy to dayvig someone before even telling them "yo I'm about to dayvig you if you're town what did you do these nights"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

side-note it's pretty fuckin' slimy to dayvig someone before even telling them "yo I'm about to dayvig you if you're town what did you do these nights"

Oh no you see...
Sal was anger-ie!

It was justified,
Sal's will was defied!

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

This reeks of trying to get attention off someone else and trying to figure out a target.

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah, ##vote Dancer

I've seen this poo poo from them before. They've claimed it's unaligned but honestly I wouldn't it being a tactic past them.

Also a deathproof recruiter honestly seems fairly legit as a role. Gives the cult at least an opportunity if their leader gets nailed.

No you haven't, and also this is a pretty lovely thing to accuse someone of. Never in my mafia career did I choose not to post for any other reason than not having stuff to say.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

Dude it's been less than a real-life planet Earth day. I dared leave the house today to spend time with physical people and now I just got home and I can check forums. If you call that "vanishing" then I dunno how you've ever played Mafia with anyone that, say, has had a job where they can't browse forums (or just don't have a data plan on their phone because that poo poo costs money).

I get that real life happens but you were active in Discord like all day yesterday (real talk good luck with the job, truly mean that). Then for roughly a day (D3 started at 6:49p so like 22 hours ago) you are gone, then when you get brought up in thread it's like you get summoned here. If you can't play you can't play and thats fine and understandable but a little communication in thread saying "Hey I'm just not feeling up to playing right now, I'll be back tomorrow." would go a long way towards people not accusing you of vanishing.

Dancer posted:

Again...in my opinion Solus was scum. Everything I did operated with the assumption that Solus was scum so why would I give him a chance to lie about his role and his night actions to confuse people?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote dancer

Don't buy their play as town

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer posted:

No you haven't, and also this is a pretty lovely thing to accuse someone of. Never in my mafia career did I choose not to post for any other reason than not having stuff to say.

I's kinda amazing that you immediately magically come back within an hour of someone putting pressure on you for lurking.

It's a legit tactic in mafia and I don't begrudge anyone for doing it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I get that real life happens but you were active in Discord like all day yesterday (real talk good luck with the job, truly mean that). Then for roughly a day (D3 started at 6:49p so like 22 hours ago) you are gone, then when you get brought up in thread it's like you get summoned here. If you can't play you can't play and thats fine and understandable but a little communication in thread saying "Hey I'm just not feeling up to playing right now, I'll be back tomorrow." would go a long way towards people not accusing you of vanishing.

Again...in my opinion Solus was scum. Everything I did operated with the assumption that Solus was scum so why would I give him a chance to lie about his role and his night actions to confuse people?

That part was just not possible. The time I was active in discord I actively chose to stay up past my bed-time to catch the deadline. This game-day started at 2 AM when I had already shut down my PC, and after that it was sleep food travel. There was no heads-up I could give during day-posting.

When you know you''re gonna flip someone there's no confusion to be had. Either they flip town and we know they're honest, or they flip non-town and we disregard for most purposes (except stuff like if they claim to have copped someone, are they bluffing or double-bluffing or bla bla)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I's kinda amazing that you immediately magically come back within an hour of someone putting pressure on you for lurking.

It's a legit tactic in mafia and I don't begrudge anyone for doing it.

you reckon if I viewed it as a legit tactic I wouldn't be doing one game day after already being accused of it by multiple people.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer posted:

you reckon if I viewed it as a legit tactic I wouldn't be doing one game day after already being accused of it by multiple people.

Why not? We almost forgot about you again.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I think it's super disingenuous to claim that a person can be forgotten in a mafia game. There are 10 people collectively paying on-an--off attention over a period of two days. All it takes is for one person to be like "yo what about dancer" and attention is re-focused. This is a fake argument.

##vote nat20

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

When you know you''re gonna flip someone there's no confusion to be had. Either they flip town and we know they're honest, or they flip non-town and we disregard for most purposes (except stuff like if they claim to have copped someone, are they bluffing or double-bluffing or bla bla)

I had never considered even giving Solus a chance to defend them self, so I really hadn't thought about what reasons I would or would not have for letting them plead a case. You bring up a good point though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I had never considered even giving Solus a chance to defend them self, so I really hadn't thought about what reasons I would or would not have for letting them plead a case. You bring up a good point though.

:thunk:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Also this is sneaky dishonest framing of you to use "again". I wasn't "forgotten" the first time around.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm tempted to go through all the games you've played to find the first instance of you saying the common mafia line "yo you're at -1/2/3 you're about to die please full-claim so we have some information to go on." If you've ever had that thought pattern, you really should have the analogous one regarding vigs.

I call that Sal Nat20 "masonry" is a common non-town alignment.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

I call that Sal Nat20 "masonry" is a common non-town alignment.

The biggest counter-argument I can see to this: Does this or does this not imply that Humalong is also lying about something? If the answer is yes, then simply statistically speaking, I can't not doubt myself if I think I identified a 3-person cell with this little information.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Go ahead because as far as I recall I've never said it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dancer posted:

The biggest counter-argument I can see to this: Does this or does this not imply that Humalong is also lying about something? If the answer is yes, then simply statistically speaking, I can't not doubt myself if I think I identified a 3-person cell with this little information.

Personally having seen the result of Hum's power I don't think he's lying about anything, obviously that doesn't mean anything to you since you have your mind made up about me.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer posted:

I think it's super disingenuous to claim that a person can be forgotten in a mafia game. There are 10 people collectively paying on-an--off attention over a period of two days. All it takes is for one person to be like "yo what about dancer" and attention is re-focused. This is a fake argument.

##vote nat20

Yeah and all it takes is for you to respond with outrage the moment someone mentions it, drop a shitpost or two and then go afk again.

I say again because you were also away for all of day 1, large parts of day 2 and then the first 18 hours of day 3.

Dancer posted:

I mean you've found the declared two person confirmed town masonry that was formed by the third person you've mentioned. So that's good at least.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I say again because you were also away for all of day 1, large parts of day 2 and then the first 18 hours of day 3.

And in none of those 3 cases did people ever forget me.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Duncer is tuwn

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Side-note I just want to throw out there, I've been in exactly one game that had a death-proof character, and they were town. I would not advise pursuing that particular line of set-up spec (not that I have mountains of mafia experience).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
JJ I can't say I'm a big fan of what's starting to whiff of a buddy up routine.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Hmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer posted:

And in none of those 3 cases did people ever forget me.

Again,

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah and all it takes is for you to respond with outrage the moment someone mentions it, drop a shitpost or two and then go afk again.

You're spending a lot of your time in this argument trying to frame the argument around my initial statement of why you going afk is both effective and a legit tactic, especially focusing around me saying:

Natural 20 posted:

"Almost forgot" about you isn't me saying "We forgot about you." It's specifically different.

We didn't, that's not the point of the tactic. The point as mentioned above is to reduce your need for case contribution meaningfully by going afk, apologising and then dropping a few posts to keep everyone happy.

It works, very very consistently in lots of games. It's at least part of the reason that anti-lurker rules exist in games.