Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I have discovered:

I am too stupid to repeatedly focus and unfocus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
New official Touhou Manga
https://twitter.com/ginger_toho/status/1176805133847429120

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There's no convenient English subtitle so I'm gonna go with Lotus Eaters for simplicity.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Is that supposed to be Suika swinging her gourd around? Oni just can't leave Reimu alone

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Who's the artist?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

iospace posted:

Who's the artist?

Looks like Moe Harukawa from FS again, so I'm already into it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Looks like Moe Harukawa from FS again, so I'm already into it.

Apparently it's a new artist, at least in terms of doing official manga. Seems like they're active in the Touhou doujin scene and also did manga for Strange Creators already?

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Why is there a whale in the logo?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Clarste posted:

There's no convenient English subtitle so I'm gonna go with Lotus Eaters for simplicity.

As in referencing the Greek myth?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It has suika in it so it’s already epic

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Here’s the artist

https://twitter.com/mizutaki

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Moe Harukawa is strongly associated with Touhou manga (for good reason) so that may cause some small disappointment in people but I'm always excited to see a new person tackle it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Eh. Every new touhou manga series has always had a new artist. And that’s cool and good.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
That's true I just often see a few people focus on Moe as the iconic mangaka to the exclusion of the others.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I tend to focus on Harukawa primarily because i enjoyed her art style the most and Forbidden Scrollery is my favorite Touhou print work, dunno about the rest of the fandom though.

Honestly, I'm surprised to hear any of the official manga artists' styles would be considered iconic Touhou, I always had the vague impression the official manga were relatively unpopular compared to the wealth of doujin works out there.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
They're not really but at least from my observation FS is considered the cream of the crop so to speak. It helps that Moe also did the character art for ULiL and AoCF so that's a tie in that leads people in that direction.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kosuzu a cutie

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

I think it's a combination of Moe's art style standing out a lot more than Aya's or Makoto's? Along with being pretty competently made. IMO her only real competition is Aya, and WaHH notably didn't start off with nearly as strong art as it had further down the line. Makoto's art is also cute it's just - not as big of a stand out, I suppose?

The other artists are, uh, I wouldn't say terrible but they definitely either weren't really up to snuff in comparison (Such as Aki*Eda), they had a very limited run in comparison (TOKIAME), or their artistic contribution is minimal (Genji). Given all that I'm not terribly surprised Harukawa is the artist of choice for a number of people.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah for the record I thought the artist for this new manga was Moe at first glance but I'm totally fine with someone else doing it. Unless it was ZUN.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Yeah for the record I thought the artist for this new manga was Moe at first glance but I'm totally fine with someone else doing it. Unless it was ZUN.

A manga drawn by ZUN would be far too powerful.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
A ZUN manga would be incredible. I hope I get to see one in my lifetime.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

It has suika in it so it’s already epic

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Final chapter of Visionary Fairies in Shrine.

In which every time Clownpiece isn't on screen, everyone asks "where's Clownpiece?"

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Thank you Piece for your service

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Congratulations Clownpiece, saviour of Hell and Gensokyo.

Also, the more Okina shows up the more I like her. For a mysterious hidden God she is astoundingly straightforward and easy to understand.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A very cute manga that I'm sad is over now

But I believe that we'll see them again, as the four fairies are the best characters

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Heyhey, been a while since I've seen Daiyousei.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad Hirasaka avoided having Okina get up from her wheelchair as some kinda power up thing, I was worried that'd happen.

Good stuff tho.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That is kinda how it goes in HSiFS Extra but wheelchair dodging/drifting is way better.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

it was nice of grandma to play with the children but please don't choke slam the clown

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/a_to_z/status/1177521981995896838

The end

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
I hope Aya works on manga again (after a long well deserved break of course) even if its not Touhou. She really grew into it and I'd love to see where she goes from here.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Her improvement over the decade was quite something. I ordered her art book

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/flandore/status/1173515130333626368

Koish

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
meme-a

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Touhou Cannonball was also released today. Not sure how much depth there is yet but it's interesting enough. Definitely need to know enough Japanese to figure out win conditions and whatnot.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Google Translate app can let you plug in screenshots to translate. I’ve got no interest in Cannonball but this kind of translation has worked well enough for me for Kemono Friends 3 recently.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What's going on in kemono friends to require such effort

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Squiddycat posted:

What's going on in kemono friends to require such effort
Friendship. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Kemono Friends 3 is just F/GO with better characters so yeah there's stuff to read