Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Spiderdrake posted:

It looks fantastic, but just to make sure you know, next two sets are Theros 2 and Ikoria, Scandinavian monster assembly superstore

note: set may not actually be Scandinavian

Im getting a much stronger Kaiju movie vibe than Scandinavian vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So what did people get for their "boosters opened" stat in their email? I apparently opened 224, which I think doesn't include drafting or sealed since I have a lot more than 224 rares.

AnEdgelord posted:

Hmm

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AnEdgelord posted:

it sounds like "Ikea" and you're assembling monsters :thejoke:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hammer Bro. posted:

Does untapped.gg's overlay not work in fullscreen mode or something?

Also I'm assuming if the ALT+[Q/W/U] buttons don't do anything either then it's probably not functioning properly, yeah?

Make sure to turn off all the other 50 overlays you've installed before untapped

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Spiderdrake posted:

So what did people get for their "boosters opened" stat in their email? I apparently opened 224, which I think doesn't include drafting or sealed since I have a lot more than 224 rares.
Hmm

293. Depending on how many games you played past your daily wins for gold you could have also gotten a bunch from that. I know there have been days where I get 2-3 extra rares just from that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

Hmm

Well this is a horrifying email.

My top limited rank is Bronze 1. Yay.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I feel like 10k games is a lot for one year but I guess if I'm getting my 15 wins a day in and it takes around 30 that makes sense.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Kjermzs posted:

Are any ELD drafts going to be available tomorrow?

Probably just a Sealed list and then Traditional Draft on Sunday and Ranked Draft in two weeks. WAR replaces RNA, and then there's also the every card event replacing the 2020 stuff. I don't think either Constructed and Trad Constructed are going away, just refreshing for the rotation.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Very disappointed to learn that Guilded Goose makes the Healer's Hawk screech noise instead of honking obnoxiously when it enters play

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
What is this email you all are referring to?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

axeil posted:

What is this email you all are referring to?

They sent out an email around midnight EDT with the subject "You have opened 641 booster packs!" or whatever your amount is. It contains stats on your games played, gold earned, etc, and promises a code for a fblthp avatar and card sleeve will show up within the next week.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Rexxed posted:

They sent out an email around midnight EDT with the subject "You have opened 641 booster packs!" or whatever your amount is. It contains stats on your games played, gold earned, etc, and promises a code for a fblthp avatar and card sleeve will show up within the next week.

So I know Wizards lol etc., but I didn't receive this e-mail?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

GrandpaPants posted:

did you say 'no' to getting marketing emails from wizards

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I didn't get mine until an hour or two after people started talking about it, so I guess it's staggered.

quote:

Total Matches Played: 804
Total Booster Packs Opened: 522
Gold Earned from Quests: 52,500
Gold Earned from Daily Wins: 34,000

It looks like they're giving away a Fblthp card sleeve / avatar to people too.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

GrandpaPants posted:

It's probably a staggered release so they're not sending out a million emails at once or whatever.

e: fb

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

Bedurndurn posted:

I didn't get mine until an hour or two after people started talking about it, so I guess it's staggered.

It looks like they're giving away a Fblthp card sleeve / avatar to people too.

oh poo poo, now i actually care

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Please give me the cool avatar, card sleeves and horrifying statistics, wizards.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

so tired

Also I suffered more to finish my daily quest when I guess since I'm maxed out I should have been saving these for after rotation, which is like salt in the wound

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
New weekly wins / quests tomorrow with the Eldraine rollout. So you wasted effort, but didn't lose out on any new progress.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

so tired

Also I suffered more to finish my daily quest when I guess since I'm maxed out I should have been saving these for after rotation, which is like salt in the wound

For someone who spends a lot of time playing this game and griping about it online, you sure seen very uninformed about what's actually happening with it.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Mogul announced a $50k Arena tournament for Aus & NZ. It's free to enter
https://www.htt.news/news/mogul-partners-with-wizards-of-the-coast

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jabor posted:

For someone who spends a lot of time playing this game and griping about it online, you sure seen very uninformed about what's actually happening with it.

I have definitely been coasting since the start of M20, I am going to try to focus up with the new set. I should probably read LSV's set reviews before I start opening sealed pools

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Tom Gorman posted:

Very disappointed to learn that Guilded Goose makes the Healer's Hawk screech noise instead of honking obnoxiously when it enters play

Same about how all the big lion-people make the same petulant housecat meow.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

salt shakeup posted:

Mogul announced a $50k Arena tournament for Aus & NZ. It's free to enter
https://www.htt.news/news/mogul-partners-with-wizards-of-the-coast

It's a ladder-based league, which seems interesting. You challenge individual players, arrange a time, and move up to take their spot if you win. This seems ... pretty heavyweight for a game of mtg? But it's probably convenient for someone that just wants some casual competition.

Depending on how competitive it ends up being, there could be a lot of fuckery at the end of the season as people try and maintain their in-the-playoffs position.

Jabor fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 26, 2019

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have definitely been coasting since the start of M20, I am going to try to focus up with the new set. I should probably read LSV's set reviews before I start opening sealed pools
You should listen to the LR podcast set review and probably the Lords of Limited thing. LSV's set reviews are almost as a traditional riddled with errors, and just do not convey enough useful information.

Also the ladder does not reset today so you have a couple days with the new format if that tickles your fancy.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

The Teferi who was a creature in Time Spiral was also very annoying right

Small Teferi's passive is taken from Time Spiral's Teferi.

Time Spiral's Teferi was like the best control finisher and went into decks like Pickles Lock or Mystical Teachings. It was 100% game over if they EoT flash in Teferi, so he wasn't as annoying because you just scoop when it's on the stack. Then Llorwyn came out and gave us Cryptic Command and it was an amazing time to be a control player, but people moved from Time Spiral cards because Llorwyn Faeries were so good. People complaining about small Teferi have maybe forgotten how miserable it was to play against older control decks.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Dralnu du Louvre was a fantastic, soul-crushing deck.

Also: storage land control mirrors.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I tried out Simic flash in the Standard 2020 event, and I really liked the deck. Does anyone have a theorycrafted list of what it might look like after the ELD update?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
someone forgot to flip the update switch

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Sjonkel posted:

I tried out Simic flash in the Standard 2020 event, and I really liked the deck. Does anyone have a theorycrafted list of what it might look like after the ELD update?

Here is a list I found, I’m not sold on burning wild cards for it yet.

https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/VtotOQpDl?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Relin posted:

It’s not supposed to update till like 4 hours from now.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Oceanbound posted:

then why did the timer end 15 minutes ago

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Relin posted:

then why did the timer end 15 minutes ago

Teferi

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

fuuuuuuuuuuu

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Small Teferi's passive is taken from Time Spiral's Teferi.

Time Spiral's Teferi was like the best control finisher and went into decks like Pickles Lock or Mystical Teachings. It was 100% game over if they EoT flash in Teferi, so he wasn't as annoying because you just scoop when it's on the stack. Then Llorwyn came out and gave us Cryptic Command and it was an amazing time to be a control player, but people moved from Time Spiral cards because Llorwyn Faeries were so good. People complaining about small Teferi have maybe forgotten how miserable it was to play against older control decks.

Nah, control decks were better when then best card in the deck wasn’t draw, removal, and your best win condition at the same time. Teferi, Hero of Trash sucked major eggwater and lead to the laziest “24 removal spells, 10 planeswalkers” Control meta of my lifetime.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Planeswalkers were a mistake.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Relin posted:

Oceanbound posted:

https://magicthegatheringarena.statuspage.io/

quote:

Scheduled - We will be performing scheduled maintenance on September 26 at 8 a.m. PT (15:00 UTC) to deploy the 1.00.00 Throne of Eldraine game update. Maintenance is expected to last approximately two hours.

While no downtime is expected, this is a required update. Players must update the game before accessing any Throne of Eldraine content (opening booster packs, redeeming codes, etc.) Those who are logged in prior to the start of maintenance will be required to restart their client to download the patch.

Patch Notes will be available once maintenance is complete.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 26, 2019

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

wait, what does 2 hours maintenance with no downtime mean

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Wafflecopper posted:

wait, what does 2 hours maintenance with no downtime mean

They'll start the update at that time, and you can still play the game, but the new stuff won't be online till the update finishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

167 boosters and 1196 games played. I've only been playing about 6 months, still feels like a lot.