Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

The SA player isn't allowed to enter the channel like that, and so he isn't "in play". Kieran's entitled push or roll or stop the "dead player" from interfering with play, just as he would if the player was leaving a ruck, and then trying to re-enter from a blatantly offside position.

I think the fact that the player isn't "in play" gives Kieran a lot more license to protect the active play. He isn't allowed to hurt the guy, but the guy absolutely isn't meant to be there, and the burden isn't on Kieran to protect someone who he has to unexpectedly stop interfering with the play.

This is entirely incorrect, a player has no right to interfere with any other player if they feel they are not in the right place. All Kieran is doing is preventing the SA player from getting into the right place. It's interference, tackling a player of the the ball or just plain trying to take his head off. Clear yellow at least. You cannot 'protect the active play' by tackling players not involved in it. If Du Toit illegally interfered with the active play it's for the referee to judge, not some rando just clothes lining him.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU WERE RIGHT THROUGH

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Heaton no longer welcome in Canada.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

State of the pitch.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I take it back, Russia have silky hands compared to Canada.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Aramoro posted:

This is entirely incorrect, a player has no right to interfere with any other player if they feel they are not in the right place. All Kieran is doing is preventing the SA player from getting into the right place. It's interference, tackling a player of the the ball or just plain trying to take his head off. Clear yellow at least. You cannot 'protect the active play' by tackling players not involved in it. If Du Toit illegally interfered with the active play it's for the referee to judge, not some rando just clothes lining him.

Oh yeah. I'll clarify my whinge with saying that Kieran was definitely in the wrong. Totally did deserve a yellow.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ardron was fortunate there, promising from Canada but just absolutely no finishing at all. Maybe they can work out how to score at half time.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Ardron was fortunate there, promising from Canada but just absolutely no finishing at all. Maybe they can work out how to score at half time.

I'm glad I watched this game there has been some really good stuff in it but how many tries have gone begging because the last or last but one pass hasn't gone to hand!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Good reffing there, didn’t get distracted with the grounding. Be surprised if Italy don’t get one or two more in the next ten minutes.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Canada gave it a shot but Italy put them to the sword in the end, presumeably they didn't play Parisse so not to taint his losing record.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Not a good look to let a weak Italy side do that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Just popping in to say Sir Clive's thermonuclear take on Hodge getting a three week ban of a shoulder charge to the head of a player is yet another reason he should never be on tv again.

Also Polledri looks excellent, even against a weak Canadian side. Italy are, sadly, just a better team without Parisse anymore.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Sir Clive is such a tremendous dickhead.

I predict England are about to deliver an underwhelming performance.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Just popping in to say Sir Clive's thermonuclear take on Hodge getting a three week ban of a shoulder charge to the head of a player is yet another reason he should never be on tv again.

Not to be age-ist, but I'm gonna be age-ist. There's definitely an issue with how rugby has changed so much over the past thirty, forty, fifty years. You get old coaches who aren't in the game anymore who just want to be relevant, when the smart move, as seen with many of their peers, is to prop up the bar and regale people with stories out of their days while murdering the steady stream of free pints. The same can be seen with Eddie O'Sullivan on Irish TV. The game has passed them by, and instead of disappearing into the background to become the appropriate level of barroom legend they keep pushing for relevance when they're not part of the game that's happening.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Absolutely right, former players and coaches that frankly, haven't got a clue about the seriousness of concussion and CTE need to just sit back and shut the gently caress up. The whole "back in my day" and "game's gone soft" parade of wankers need to look at guys like John Shaw, who had a cut-out moment in an interview with John Beattie due to concussion or the stream of players retiring at 26, 27, 28 from concussion symptoms.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Sep 26, 2019

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Kreez posted:

Only valid if England are busy playing against France, and so send a Canadian squad augmented with a couple English third stringers. Match is pretty boring, not a ton happens (though the supporters come up with a new song, and a couple players get lit up) and it ends in a draw. England pleased that they managed the draw with a team full of nobodies. USA pleased due to a successful penalty taken 20 minutes after the end of the match.

After just seeing Canada's performance I think even the USA could handily best such a team.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

bigfoot again posted:

Sir Clive is such a tremendous dickhead.

I predict England are about to deliver an underwhelming performance.

That's because he embodies England as a country perfectly.

It would be like having a French coach who constantly gave press releases while his mistress hung off his arm running her hands over his chest, and then jumped on a scooter with her on the back and rode back to the hotel with her.

Clive has it easy, he just has to say stuff that makes everyone dislike him.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Marler driving at a 45 degree there.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
It's awful to see a player go off, but I love that the two physios holding him up were replaced by the two big men players better capable of supporting his, eh, heft.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
That was far too simple a try to give away, the play was moving quickly, but even still the out half getting in shows they broke down much too quickly.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

USA hit like trucks but just don't seem to have the cohesion to put things together.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The USA backs look like they could cause problems if they got some good ball to work with, england doing a great job spoiling that though.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
The USA planning on tiring out England by having them attack for the whole game.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Aramoro posted:

This. He's tackling the player off the ball, high, and from an offside position. All of these are penalties.

Vaders Jester posted:

Again, this. "That's not a red". It clearly is Clive. There's been a whole season of discussion about this. He also said something along the lines of "how else is he meant to stop him?", as if foul play is allowed if it is the easiest option.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Cokanasiga is a massive, fast human. He is shite at everything else. Takes that pass and it's a try.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

England doing well enough. The yanks don't seem to have much in attack.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

Marler driving at a 45 degree there.

What a shocker

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Looks like this is turning into a rout. USA are offensively extremely poor so there is very little pressure on England.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The USA are delivering FREEDOM, Freedom for the scorers changing their score to anything else.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Well that was loving dumb and dirty.

edit: gently caress off Ugo you one eyed oval office. It was a cheap shot but don't go on like he'd shot Farrell's dog and hosed his mum.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Easy a red as you'll ever see.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

bessantj posted:

Easy a red as you'll ever see.

Take the Scrum on the England line? Nah I''ll go for a sit down instead.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

The USA are delivering FREEDOM, Freedom for the scorers changing their score to anything else.

The flanker also LIBERATING himself from the tournament.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

USA USA USA

Unable to
Score
Anything

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Is the going to be the first match where a team is kept scoreless?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I love Ellis Genge

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Genge in open play is great to watch.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So nasty

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Never take tackling techniques from Farrell. Even worse to apply them to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
SUCK IT! ENGLAND!

U-S-A! U-S-A!