Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I want my drat email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I started the day beta opened:

2048 matches
618 boosters
350k gold earned

Never bothered to go higher than Plat 4/Gold 3.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i never got my email about how much time i wasted playing the wizard poker =/

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I had opted out of promotional emails. :(

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kjermzs posted:

I had opted out of promotional emails. :(

I did too, but I changed it and will bug support about it if I don't get the email since I technically opted in and played the game before rotation.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Anybody else have their daily quest progress stop updating?

Edit: I'm stuck on 18/20 red or green spells casted, not the rewards for daily wins.

pyrotek fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 26, 2019

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

pyrotek posted:

Anybody else have their daily quest progress stop updating?

Yeah :/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MagicArena/comments/d9jp7a/quests_are_apparently_locked_temporarily/

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
It's still about 20 minutes till the update hour and my last daily quest (the one I got this morning) stopped recording progress :argh:

e:fb

e2: I'm mad, not necessarily because I don't get four quests today (they didn't need to give three new quests at all) but because it randomly fucks me but presumably not others. I was at 18/20. If I'd managed to cast two more green spells before their arbitrary lockout, I'd have an extra 500 gold.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 26, 2019

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

RIP to the half-pack I thought I could grind out before the update.

I just know it would have contained the half-card that would have turned me into a good player.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

JerryLee posted:

It's still about 20 minutes till the update hour and my last daily quest (the one I got this morning) stopped recording progress :argh:

e2: I'm mad, not necessarily because I don't get four quests today (they didn't need to give three new quests at all) but because it randomly fucks me but presumably not others. I was at 18/20. If I'd managed to cast two more green spells before their arbitrary lockout, I'd have an extra 500 gold.

I have 1500 gold sitting on my screen needing me to cast two creatures and two green/black spells, respectively. It's ok, I'll live.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

JerryLee posted:

I suspect if you had a game where you cast one relevant spell you'd get to 19/20 and you aren't locked out at an arbitrary time (this issue happened to me hours ago) but nobody can finish their quest that started today and it'll just roll over to be finished after rotation.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Looks like my simic flash deck is mostly intact after rotation. Essence Capture is more color intensive than essence scatter so I may look at counters to put in, and then replace the Merfolk Trickster with Brazen Borrower. Not quite a 1:1 exchange but borrower seems good to flash in and beat down with

e; and wildborn preserver holy moly

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 26, 2019

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Sinteres posted:

I suspect if you had a game where you cast one relevant spell you'd get to 19/20 and you aren't locked out at an arbitrary time (this issue happened to me hours ago) but nobody can finish their quest that started today and it'll just roll over to be finished after rotation.

I mean, I played more games afterwards and it still didn't budge. I admit I didn't try the galaxy brain approach of casting exactly one spell and then conceding, though. :v:

Sorry to hear it happened to others too.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I did too, but I changed it and will bug support about it if I don't get the email since I technically opted in and played the game before rotation.

Besides the statistics, does the email actually matter? Is there a code in it?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kjermzs posted:

Besides the statistics, does the email actually matter? Is there a code in it?

Nope.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Oh, the email isn't how you get Fblthp? If it's just personal stats I guess I don't care.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Oh, the email isn't how you get Fblthp? If it's just personal stats I guess I don't care.

quote:

As much fun as you have had earning gold, cracking packs, and playing games, we have had just as much fun creating this game with the help of your feedback.
As a thank you, a unique code for a new avatar and card sleeve are going to find their way to your email within the next week.

We hope you enjoy the launch celebration events and renewal rewards these next couple of weeks. See you in the game!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Happy rotation day, I wonder how long I'll play around cards that have rotated out of standard. "Hmmm could face a Settle here, better swing light"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Why did everyone stop playing Settle the Wreckage long before IXA rotated? It' a good card. Teferi?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yep. The answer to and cause of all of life's problems.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also going wide with creatures became much more successful, and a lot of those decks could punish you for giving them a bunch of extra lands (sup scapeshift)

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Now that I think about it, I’ve always been opted out but I received the last code they emailed which I think was the end of closed beta. Still, I opted in for the upcoming email.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just LoL if you don’t immediately recognize Brazen Borrower as the single strongest card in Simic Flash immediately.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
I don't know if it's been posted yet, but PlayEldraine does give you three boosters.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I would never claim packs that I didn't earn through victories.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I’m opening packs bitches

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Arglebargle III posted:

Why did everyone stop playing Settle the Wreckage long before IXA rotated? It' a good card. Teferi?

It was already falling out of jeskai control but the gruul hexproof guy hated it out fully (also the hexproof angel) and kayas wrath was much better and all the jeskai turned to esper. Lil teferi had nothing to do with it, it was long gone by then.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Every sealed draft I do always starts the same. 6 rares, all poo poo, all perfectly spread out across 5 colors. It wouldn't hurt so bad if this loving draft type wasn't made to eat gems.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Weren't weekly quests also supposed to reset?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah. I had a clean slate last night and now I have no quests, weekly or daily, and I'm 3/4 for my daily wins for some reason.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doltos posted:

Every sealed draft I do always starts the same. 6 rares, all poo poo, all perfectly spread out across 5 colors. It wouldn't hurt so bad if this loving draft type wasn't made to eat gems.

I'm gonna try to do exactly two sealeds, then wait for Trad Draft

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

It's become a tradition of mine, doing mock sealed pools on Draftsim and thinking, "Boy I would love to open these packs" over and over.

Then running it live and opening multiples of the 8-mana red enchantment of the set.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
4 lands, Faeburrow Elder, and Once Upon a Time for my rares :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There is no way that there aren't huge issues today. I learned a long time ago with WoW: don't plan on playing a whole bunch (and certainly don't take the day off from work) on major patch day.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Huxley posted:

opening multiples of the 8-mana red enchantment of the set.

Triggered rn.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Huxley posted:

Then running it live and opening multiples of the 8-mana red enchantment of the set.

All the big red enchantments, all the irrationally complicated blue enchantments that always rely on artifacts, and then the one good rare has no good cards behind it in the same color.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also the art in this set is fantastic all the artists really pulled out the stops on this one

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Weren't quests and weekly progress supposed to be reset when the update hit? Mine are the old ones still.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mmm that sweet sweet 0-3 sealed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Is draft open yet for Eldraine, either traditional or ranked? Want to spend my gold/gems on drafts because I haven't played competitive limited in forever.